Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,500 views
Please note that 365 day free PSN network access comes with unstable connection issues that Sony is not responsible for because since they don't charge they don't put any money or effort into fixing these problems....lol
You know I've played alot of CoD4 & MW2 on both consoles, right?

While there was clearly an advantage on XBL side during CoD4 era, on MW2, I don't get better connection on either or. Party chat during TDM would have given XBL an big advantage, but IW took that away. I get tons of connection quality issues on XBL, and I honestly don't feel that I experience more, or less issues on PSN.

Bottom line, if PSN connection gets "F" on MW2, I'd also give XBL an "F". ;)
 
Well, Modern Warfare 2 keps freezing, every single time I try and play online. Like, I get into a lobby, then just as it says Launching, the entire PS3 freezes and I have to reset it. It's only been doing that today, when I got on after 2 weeks and downloaded the new update. It wasn't doing this earlier, only started doing it an hour ago. I've tried cleanig the disk, deleting and re-installing game data, but nothing makes a difference :grumpy:
 
Have you maybe, I dunno, tested to see if any other games are having issues?
 
It happened to me a few times too, nothing you can do really, except restart the ps3.
 
CoD4 and WaW were both unplayable on my PS3. I could only ever get in to a few games, the rest of the time it refused to connect and the lag when I finally got in to a game was horrific.

All of my other PS3 games worked perfectly well online, just not those 2. I traded them in and went back to the 360.
 
Well, it just worked, got into a game, then stopped during the game, just as I got my attack helicopter :grumpy:. I played HAWX, and it was working fine. Seems like it's something wrong with MW2 online?
 
Possibly. I had no trouble getting into games last night. However quite a few games ended abruptly with server time outs and unable to migrate host information. Plus I did find I was lagging a lot but I think that was probably from my ADSL connection acting up again.
 
Well, Modern Warfare 2 keps freezing, every single time I try and play online. Like, I get into a lobby, then just as it says Launching, the entire PS3 freezes and I have to reset it. It's only been doing that today, when I got on after 2 weeks and downloaded the new update. It wasn't doing this earlier, only started doing it an hour ago. I've tried cleanig the disk, deleting and re-installing game data, but nothing makes a difference :grumpy:

How long are you waiting before resetting the system? I have had mine hang up a few times with MW2 and the PS3 will unfreeze after a few minutes at most. I have always assumed that IW's Matchmaking Server was having a brief hiccup.

Well, it just worked, got into a game, then stopped during the game, just as I got my attack helicopter :grumpy:. I played HAWX, and it was working fine. Seems like it's something wrong with MW2 online?

It seemed that way last night. I could not connect to the Matchmaking Server around 7:00 and this extended up until around 8:00 when I started to watch some TV. This is the first real issue I have had with not being able to connect to the Matchmaking Server over a period of time lasting more than a few minutes.
 
Well, Modern Warfare 2 keps freezing, every single time I try and play online. Like, I get into a lobby, then just as it says Launching, the entire PS3 freezes and I have to reset it. It's only been doing that today, when I got on after 2 weeks and downloaded the new update. It wasn't doing this earlier, only started doing it an hour ago. I've tried cleanig the disk, deleting and re-installing game data, but nothing makes a difference :grumpy:

HN7
It happened to me a few times too, nothing you can do really, except restart the ps3.

CoD4 and WaW were both unplayable on my PS3. I could only ever get in to a few games, the rest of the time it refused to connect and the lag when I finally got in to a game was horrific.

All of my other PS3 games worked perfectly well online, just not those 2. I traded them in and went back to the 360.

Possibly. I had no trouble getting into games last night. However quite a few games ended abruptly with server time outs and unable to migrate host information. Plus I did find I was lagging a lot but I think that was probably from my ADSL connection acting up again.




Hmmmm, I don't have any of these problems, network......
 
Hmmmm, I don't have any of these problems, network......

the difference between xbl and psn? not trying to start an argument but iirc, the three people with the problem are PSN users.
 
[empty space];3856295
the difference between xbl and psn? not trying to start an argument but iirc, the three people with the problem are PSN users.

It's not a network problem. I'm suspecting either disk or drive issues.
It happened to me a few times. Start the game and immediately go into online. Game freezes during data retrieval process. So reboot ps3 and start campaign, same problem. Took disk out, cleaned it, blew air into the drive, blew out all dust from inside ps3. Problem is gone. This is ouf course only if the game never gets to online. The issues with being booted from games could very well be NAT type or something else.
 
[empty space];3856295
the difference between xbl and psn? not trying to start an argument but iirc, the three people with the problem are PSN users.



All of the problems I have seen everyone talk about having I have never had on xbl, like black screen and host migration problems and all the other problems that everyone has complained about. And its not me being a "fanboy" either, I am for sure getting a PS3 as soon as money permits me to do so.


This has nothing to do with MW2 but I read today that PS3 will be getting exclusive things with Red Dead Redemption, so for all of you that complain about M$ getting all of these exclusive deals like with MW2 there you guys go, you are getting stuff that we won't get at all on 360 on this game.
 
Hmmmm, I don't have any of these problems, network......
Me neither, on PSN. But then again, sounds like it's started recently, and I haven't played MW2 on PS3 in awhile. I gotta get that thing fixed!

P.S. Both my X360 & PS3 has frozen during some mutiplayer hicup more than once, forcing a reset. ;)

Edit: Actually, on Mog's comment, I did note that XBL connection was better on CoD4. WaW, I have the game only on XBL.
 
Hmmmm, I don't have any of these problems, network......
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's my internet connection. We get piss poor internet service here in Barbados so lag and disconnects are nothing new to me when it comes to online gaming. :grumpy: I doubt it's PSN related. Well at least in my case anyway.
 
It keeps only freezes when i'm actually online. Like, in the lobby, then immediately as it says Launching, it freezes, and I have to reset. the Disk has no scratches that could possibly affect the game.


When it was working yesterday, I encountered some boosters, and of course I stopped those buggers. We all really need to put n an effort to stop boosters, like, looking at an abnormally high kill count so early in the game, and an abnormally low death count that may equal that number of kills. Or late joining a match and spectate to make sure nothing funny is going on.
 
Just got 19 - 4 on S and D on derail. I had my chopper gunner left on (predator, harrier, CG) and I got it. I got a kill with the predator and the harrier only had to get one kill for my CG (I was doing well) and I got a couple with the CG. Probably my best S and D but the XP wasnt as great. 17000xp came out of it.
 
This is sort of sad, but I finally... FINALLY upped my kill streak record from 23! :lol:

The new record is a whopping 25(my PSN one's been 30 from a 30-0 TDM), and I finished the match 26-1 :lol: which is funny, because earlier on 36-3 match, I still didn't come close to a new kill streak record, so I had just given up on trying to beat my "23", also, which I matched countless times, but could never beat.

Monkey is finally off my back! :D
 
Haha, nice. I had one of my highest scoring games today, 60-0-8 on Storm Domination game. Called in my chopper gunner twice using a Thermal Intervention, Amikbo M9s, and then a stolen TAR-21 with FMJ.

Also finished the Prestige challenge on the GC, 1000 kills with it finally taken care of.
 
Also I think I've found the best UMP45 setup.

UMP45 w/Silencer
M93 Raffica w/FMJ

Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

I love this setup more and more every game I play, it's working so well for my style of play. Also I think Demolition is my new favourite game mode, it's unbelievably easy to predict where the enemy is which means you can rack up a large amount of kills with a sweet KDR.
 
This is sort of sad, but I finally... FINALLY upped my kill streak record from 23! :lol:

The new record is a whopping 25(my PSN one's been 30 from a 30-0 TDM), and I finished the match 26-1 :lol: which is funny, because earlier on 36-3 match, I still didn't come close to a new kill streak record, so I had just given up on trying to beat my "23", also, which I matched countless times, but could never beat.

Monkey is finally off my back! :D
I thought you won that game when I put up the UAV but that was a great game.
 
I thought you won that game when I put up the UAV but that was a great game.
We've had some good run, lately. I've also been playing with a new XBL friend I made, "What if machine". We've also been playing some, lately. As with my three usual XBL pals, real cool dude. :)👍

Here's what my current tag look like with my new name:

call.png


I haven't changed my flag, or the tiger logo since my first prestige. 👍
 
We've had some good run, lately. I've also been playing with a new XBL friend I made, "What if machine". We've also been playing some, lately. As with my three usual XBL pals, real cool dude. :)👍

Here's what my current tag look like with my new name:

call.png


I haven't changed my flag, or the tiger logo since my first prestige. 👍



I have been jamming out skate 3 but if you guys are playing tonight I will jump on. I just really haven't been in the mood for MW2 in a long while, I still have played a bit but only if you guys are playing. So far Treyarch is listening to the community with all of the complaints and suggestions when it comes to them making black ops, so it should rip MW2 apart no problem. Hopefully they make the guns harder to use, you know, recoil and sway like WaW had and not aim and they don't move like MW2 has, that separates the lucky player from the good players which is nice. After BO comes out MW2 will be in the garbage.
 
Vacant was a pretty good cod4 map. A good map for FFA. Not looking forward to the circus map though. Clowns are weird :sick:
 
I have been jamming out skate 3 but if you guys are playing tonight I will jump on. I just really haven't been in the mood for MW2 in a long while, I still have played a bit but only if you guys are playing. So far Treyarch is listening to the community with all of the complaints and suggestions when it comes to them making black ops, so it should rip MW2 apart no problem. Hopefully they make the guns harder to use, you know, recoil and sway like WaW had and not aim and they don't move like MW2 has, that separates the lucky player from the good players which is nice. After BO comes out MW2 will be in the garbage.
I got my ACR back last night, so I will be on to get the silence for it, tonight. :D

On the weapons being too easy to use, that is true for sure. I wouldn't say it rewards lucky players though. Maybe rewards players who can see, or scan the screen better than others. When I first started learning FPS on CoD4, one of the things that was taught to me was to look at the entire screen, scan for movements.

Weapons are arcadey in the Modern Warfare series, but I hated the weapons in World at War. And I'm still hesitant on trying out anything Treyarch might dish out after all that out of control glitching that was seen in WaW. Their B.S. collector version p*ssed me off, too, though that might not've been their fault. I quit that game even before I completed leveling up all the way. :p
 
MW2 rewards lesser players all over the game, from overly easy to spray and pray weapons to deathstreaks, and not including perks like commando. On WaW, I admit it wasn't my favorite but at least the weapons weren't super easy to use which I liked, the only prob with WaW was the weapons weren't balanced and Treyarch just said they know they weren't and they have hired a new face in to make sure these guns in BO are balanced. So in this next one there won't be people running around with MP40's with Jugg on only basically;)
 
I quit that game even before I completed leveling up all the way. :p
Glad I am not the only one, I quit at level 33 :D

There was way too many glitches, you could get under every map!
 
MW2 rewards lesser players all over the game, from overly easy to spray and pray weapons to deathstreaks, and not including perks like commando. On WaW, I admit it wasn't my favorite but at least the weapons weren't super easy to use which I liked, the only prob with WaW was the weapons weren't balanced and Treyarch just said they know they weren't and they have hired a new face in to make sure these guns in BO are balanced. So in this next one there won't be people running around with MP40's with Jugg on only basically;)
No argument on MW2 rewarding lesser players either. As a average player, I think I do love that about this game. Some might not like it, but that is actually part of the appeal of MW2. I don't have to twist anyone's arm to play with me, because the game can be played by such broad range of FPS players. Seriously, I think just about 90% of my game friends bought this game, which is great, if you want to play together online!
Glad I am not the only one, I quit at level 33 :D

There was way too many glitches, you could get under every map!
Annoying as hell. I don't think I got much farther than you either. :D
 
Funny. I quit playing cod4 at level 36. I keep telling you guys you should try w@w again. Its a very well rounded game now that they've fixed everything.


Also How many cod4 maps are they going to keep bringing back? I'd like to see maybe pipeline but I thats about it after this.

Any info on the third new map yet?
 
Funny. I quit playing cod4 at level 36. I keep telling you guys you should try w@w again. Its a very well rounded game now that they've fixed everything.


Also How many cod4 maps are they going to keep bringing back? I'd like to see maybe pipeline but I thats about it after this.

Any info on the third new map yet?
I might take a peek, but it's just that I liked the CoD4 & MW2 so much more, it will be hard to give it a try again.

My buddy wanted Crossfire back, and I totally concur. If the third map pack came with Pipeline & Crossfire, that would be a grand slam, pretty much. Maps I loved like Countdown, Bog, Ambush, they just wouldn't work without the adequate cover from the overwhelming air support in MW2. :ouch:
 
Funny. I quit playing cod4 at level 36. I keep telling you guys you should try w@w again. Its a very well rounded game now that they've fixed everything.


Also How many cod4 maps are they going to keep bringing back? I'd like to see maybe pipeline but I thats about it after this.

Any info on the third new map yet?
If the dogs are still there, I am not playing.
@A6 and break: well if you guys haven't noticed by now. I am always online playing MW2 or SSFIV. But Orange box comes in every so often now because of my nephew.
 
Back