Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,270 views
Do you look German? Maybe they were about to surrender................. bad joke.
 
I just got nuked again.

I have to admit though I really lost interst in this game. I'm not sure if its just today or what. But overall I'm just not into it anymore.
 
I just got nuked again.

Man, I want to get nuked, just to see what it looks like. I don't want to watch it on Youtube or something and ruin it.
 
I just got nuked, too. A bunch of cheaters, though. How can I, with Cold Blooded equipped, be spotted and shot by enemy sentries? Not just any ordinary sentry. A sentry that aimed from the very center of the map, and shot through THREE walls, and got me killed, even though I was in the farthest most corner of the map?

Also, there was this guy who shot me and killed me with one shot, five times in a row, from half way across the map. All he had was a holograph sight, no scope and I watch the kill cam. I was impossible to spot unless he knew I was there somehow other than seeing me with his normal vision. Again, I have Cold Blooded and can't be seen with UAV scans. So, how did he know I was there? How did he shoot and kill me with one shot with an automatic weapon with holographic sight?
 
I just got nuked, too. A bunch of cheaters, though. How can I, with Cold Blooded equipped, be spotted and shot by enemy sentries? Not just any ordinary sentry. A sentry that aimed from the very center of the map, and shot through THREE walls, and got me killed, even though I was in the farthest most corner of the map?

I hate it when I go on a Suicide run (because someone is always camping the Sentry Gun) to disable the gun for the benefit of my team only to have some noob jump out in front of me and get shot which then leads to my death as the bullets usually go through him into me :p

As far as your other kill, sometimes they're just lucky like that, I've been shot from the top of the barn at Quarry through the both metal silos and I was but a dot on the other guy's screen, and ofcourse it was the last kill so everyone saw it :p
I'd say something was up, but there's really no way to aimbot or wallhack on the console, and I haven't seen any glitches yet. Was it the same spot each time? I've shot at something I thought I saw only to find out there was a person behind it and then I'd keep firing and eventually kill them. Edit: And also, were you shooting? You show up on the radar when you shoot an unsilenced weapon too.

Edit: and Cold-blooded is only so good unless you start sneaking around behind enemy lines and taking key positions on the map, then it becomes increasingly useful (plus Ninja and a Silencer on your gun for maximum effectiveness) to basically control the whole game by how good you can sneak up on them.

Edit 2: this is Someone's setup they posted at MRG, and it means that they are a camper with no skills, time to delve into the weird mind of the people you hate! :p (I've played online with him before and he sits in corners at maps and gets owned on a frequent basis :p)
M16 (blue tiger)
Nube tube and red dot, or thermal (depending on the map)
AA-12 shottie, red dot and grip
Normal Grenade
Perks:
Bling Pro
Stoppng Power Pro
Last Stand Pro

2nd class:
Riot Shield
Stryker shottie
Throwing Knife
Perks:
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Last Stand Pro
KillStreak:
5 kills: Predator Missile
8 kills: Emergency package
11 Kills: AC-130 Gunner

From,
Chris.
 
Last edited:
Why the hell would you have lightweight pro & marathon pro at the same time? :lol:
 
Why does 'camping' get so much hate? Should I just run around like my ass is on fire throughout the level instead?

I don't even think I know what camping is anymore. In the Estate map, is it camping when I take out long range targets from a window if my team is holding down the mansion? If so, call me a camper.
 
Why does 'camping' get so much hate? Should I just run around like my ass is on fire throughout the level instead?

I don't even think I know what camping is anymore. In the Estate map, is it camping when I take out long range targets from a window if my team is holding down the mansion? If so, call me a camper.
If you sit in 1 entire spot the entire round, you basically tell everyone you can't win without hiding like a little b*tch.

Camping an objective though for 30 seconds, is much different & required.
 
Why does 'camping' get so much hate? Should I just run around like my ass is on fire throughout the level instead?

I don't even think I know what camping is anymore. In the Estate map, is it camping when I take out long range targets from a window if my team is holding down the mansion? If so, call me a camper.

Like McLaren said, sitting in one place the entire round is camping, but using a sniping position with your team helping you out is perfectly fine in my book, because you can't just camp your way into the house in the first place :p

I move around slow and silent, and when I get to that particular house I end up Ducking in and out of rooms (Strangely enough I usually end up in the little upstairs bathroom the most since it has good protection from all sides if I need to recuperate) preying on the enemy that is unfortunately in the house :p I usually tend to stay away from my team though, because when I run with them I end up attempting to fight 3 or 4 guys singlehandedly and lose badly.

On another note, why does nobody take advantage of it when they hit someone with a flashbang?

Using Wasteland as my example, I'll spawn in the bunker underground and get hit by a flashbang, instead of running in and taking me down because I can't see, the enemy is content with sitting outside and waiting for me to come out (ofcourse I throw a flashbang and take advantage of it by taking them out)

Another example is Back section of the map in Sub Pen (where the containers are), my team was being less than intelligent about the situation and going after care packages out in the open while we were bombarded with flashbangs, but nobody got killed for a whole minute because the other team was too busy hiding to take advantage of it. One well placed flash later and a banzai charge, I had removed all the enemies in the area with help from 1 (ONE out of the 5 there) other teammate and we ended up winning the round with a comfortable lead because They couldn't get together again.

From,
Chris.
 
Man, I want to get nuked, just to see what it looks like. I don't want to watch it on Youtube or something and ruin it.
Haha, same here. I've been able to resist it so far. :D
I just got nuked, too. A bunch of cheaters, though. How can I, with Cold Blooded equipped, be spotted and shot by enemy sentries? Not just any ordinary sentry. A sentry that aimed from the very center of the map, and shot through THREE walls, and got me killed, even though I was in the farthest most corner of the map?

Also, there was this guy who shot me and killed me with one shot, five times in a row, from half way across the map. All he had was a holograph sight, no scope and I watch the kill cam. I was impossible to spot unless he knew I was there somehow other than seeing me with his normal vision. Again, I have Cold Blooded and can't be seen with UAV scans. So, how did he know I was there? How did he shoot and kill me with one shot with an automatic weapon with holographic sight?
On the Sentry, I also think you got hit by bullets intended for someone else. Happens to me once in awhile, too. It's a very special feeling watching the replay, and this idiot miss hit target and shoot into the wall that's like two feet away from his target, except I was behind that wall. :p

On the impossible shots, I used to be on the receiving end in the beginning of CoD4. Towards the end, I know I was on the giving end on many occasions. If they saw the replays, they would've been going "that guy must have a aim-bot, he can't even see me in the replay!". The trick is, I see him all the way until he stops for moment. Even if I can't see him at that moment, I was tracking him with my gun the whole time, and I was just waiting for him to slow down to pull the trigger. Of course, I'm not saying that this was definitely the case, but it is often the case.

If you sit in 1 entire spot the entire round, you basically tell everyone you can't win without hiding like a little b*tch.

Camping an objective though for 30 seconds, is much different & required.
Agreed, except I wouldn't put a time frame on it. Sometimes, the other team is idiot enough to repeatedly jump into my camping spots. Check that, often they are dumb enough to. It would be absurd to get out of the building, cover, whatever to make it a fair fight. If you want to keep running at me, repeated get owned, I'm just gonna keep on reeling 'em in.

I'd be honest, many times, I have sat in one building the entire match. It could be because I'm lazy, distracted(for whatever reason), etc., even scared. I think most of the CoD players has been scared before. I've seen some scary teams on CoD4, at least. :crazy: I very rarely do that, and just about 100% of the time, I am useless to the team, when I'm doing that.

Tonight, I've continued the run 'n' gun game with my P90, and I must say, I did manage to get my kill/death up by .01 to 1.96. :lol: P90 silenced is back in my five custom classes for sure. 👍
 
There is a massive amount of massive posts here so I cant reply to some of the ones I want to cause there is so many.

So I was playing hardcore team deathmatch last night, got ForzaTifosi to join me (Icarus and some numbers on GTP), and we wound up in a match with both Legendary and Solid Lifters. What's the chance of grabbing two GTP players from a random picking? :lol: Somebody set off an EMP in one of those matches. I was surprised that a thermal scope still functions. They might've missed that.

@Legendary: I know your scores were showing it, besides when you could snipe and get some kills, but you really didn't look laggy. I guess that's probably due to the server thinking you're in one place and being rather consistent about it instead of jumping about like I'm used to seeing. Don't forget to add me, too...
I didnt join randomly, I looked at my friends list and saw Solid Lifters playing a game and pressed triangle on his name, selected join and I got in. I saw you and Forza in aswell which was cool.

I dont usually look laggy on this game with 1 bar and 1 bar usually never stops me from owning but because I absolutely hate Sub Base I got a pretty crap score.
 
Had a nice little Mosh Pit session yesterday with mr_VOLCANO, LP2K, Jackstanley and myself. Team deathmatch got owned by us and I got to plant the bomb and win in Sabotage :D thanks guys... 👍 Hopefully I run into you guys again this weekend!
 
Well, after playing last night, the lag is back and stronger than ever. It's so bad, even people on my team disappear, and then reappear far ahead from when I last saw them. They move not seamlessly, but strobe-like. Instead of running, they look like they're skating across, but strobe-like, if you can follow what I'm saying.

Oh, and I remember the ForzaTifosi, Ebiggs fight. It was one of the worst playing experiences I've had. All campers. All everyone did was wait and shoot. Me, being not one to camp, moved around and got killed from all sorts of sides. I had two kills and nine deaths, and one of those kills was my own team mate when I slashed him from behind (I always slash at people running right in front of my face). Hee-hee.

Camping is wrong. Remember, campers are for babies who can't play. Campers wear Pampers.
 
Camping is wrong. Remember, campers are for babies who can't play. Campers wear Pampers.

:lol: I hate campers with a passion as well... especially if they kill me more then once... I always make it my priority to kill campers when I see the kill cam.... sneak up to the spot and slash them or take them out with the grenade launcher from a distance ;) Feels so good when you get them...
 
I don't have a problem with people sniping even though it's the most frustrating thing in the world. Maps like wasteland seem to be popular with snipers as there's little cover. Maybe they should make the kill streak a bit longer when using sniper rifles.

I started off with the M4A1 (?) and I've unlocked everything apart from the extended mag challenge. I'm just not getting many kills with the FMJ (penetrating bullets). Really frustrating. Got about another 30 head shots to get another 50 kills until everything is complete.
 
Well, after playing last night, the lag is back and stronger than ever. It's so bad, even people on my team disappear, and then reappear far ahead from when I last saw them. They move not seamlessly, but strobe-like. Instead of running, they look like they're skating across, but strobe-like, if you can follow what I'm saying.

Oh, and I remember the ForzaTifosi, Ebiggs fight. It was one of the worst playing experiences I've had. All campers. All everyone did was wait and shoot. Me, being not one to camp, moved around and got killed from all sorts of sides. I had two kills and nine deaths, and one of those kills was my own team mate when I slashed him from behind (I always slash at people running right in front of my face). Hee-hee.

Camping is wrong. Remember, campers are for babies who can't play. Campers wear Pampers.

Yea I saw you online Lifters so I invited you to the game. I didn't even realize Legendary was one of ours until he changed his clan tag. Campers are the one thing I hate about hardcore. If you try to do something you end up dying a ton, if you play their game and camp too it's the most boring thing in the world. I'll stick to merc TDM and the objective modes.

What annoys me now are all the prestigers. I hate going a game and seeing 6 enemies because some guy goes 30-1. Takes all the fun out of it. I would love to see a better matchmaking system in the next CoD, something like Uncharted 2 where it actually tries to match you with similar level players.
 
Yeah, somehow I ended up in a hardcore S and D match with nobody from the original ranking, all of them prestigers. Heres the thing though, the all sucked badly. I got the highest score on my team?!?!
 
Had a nice little Mosh Pit session yesterday with mr_VOLCANO, LP2K, Jackstanley and myself. Team deathmatch got owned by us and I got to plant the bomb and win in Sabotage :D thanks guys... 👍 Hopefully I run into you guys again this weekend!
Yeah it was fun;) good job in sabotage. Will play more tonight, to hooked.

Solid lifters: if you should camp or not depend on game mode, i play head quarter alot and when you have captured hq you need to defend it, so camping is needed then. I used to hate campers myself, but its part of the game and the really good players know when to run and gun and when to camp.
 
...its part of the game and the really good players know when to run and gun and when to camp.

Listen up boys... the wise words of a master here ;)👍
 
Camper hate IMO is really a camper frustration. Keep in mind that "camp" is a very loose definition. For some, staying in a building is camping, multiple kills from behind a cover, sniping, etc., etc.

Some of you say camping is boring. Nobody is forcing you to camp. If you get pinned down by snipers, that is part of the game. You have to deal with that. If you get pinned down by campers, where you have to camp too, you better learn the maps. I've played for a very long time on CoD4, put in many hours on it, there is no camping to force decent players from moving around. From experience, there are always multiple ways to get to them. It seems like I've heard about million times how bad/boring camping is on CoD4. I think you guys need to also keep in mind that if everybody ran & gunned, that would be bad, that would be boring to many as well. There needs to be balance. Sure, some games are all running, some games are all camping. It's OK to swear & curse(as long as there aren't any young children around!). But we have to deal with other players who plays differently than you. I say again, there are ways to defeat campers. Think before you run. Hone your skills. If you keep on getting owned by campers, adjust your game plan.
I don't have a problem with people sniping even though it's the most frustrating thing in the world. Maps like wasteland seem to be popular with snipers as there's little cover. Maybe they should make the kill streak a bit longer when using sniper rifles.
I don't know. They seemed to have made sniping a bit of chore in this game already. And even if they get a kill streak, they've given us much easier tools to bring them down.

Edit: On Wasteland, I can usually get to the snipers by using the different elevation on the map. There usually will be a teammate or two to keep them busy, while you flank them.

Listen up boys... the wise words of a master here ;)👍
Agreed.
 
Camper hate IMO is really a camper frustration. Keep in mind that "camp" is a very loose definition. For some, staying in a building is camping, multiple kills from behind a cover, sniping, etc., etc.

Some of you say camping is boring. Nobody is forcing you to camp. If you get pinned down by snipers, that is part of the game. You have to deal with that. If you get pinned down by campers, where you have to camp too, you better learn the maps. I've played for a very long time on CoD4, put in many hours on it, there is no camping to force decent players from moving around. From experience, there are always multiple ways to get to them. It seems like I've heard about million times how bad/boring camping is on CoD4. I think you guys need to also keep in mind that if everybody ran & gunned, that would be bad, that would be boring to many as well. There needs to be balance. Sure, some games are all running, some games are all camping. It's OK to swear & curse(as long as there aren't any young children around!). But we have to deal with other players who plays differently than you. I say again, there are ways to defeat campers. Think before you run. Hone your skills. If you keep on getting owned by campers, adjust your game plan.

I agree with what you say here, but I think we can all agree that the "loose" meaning of camping is someone who stays in exactly the same spot the WHOLE game.... I understand that a good player will know when to run and know when to camp. In some games like HQ Pro, once you have the HQ you HAVE to camp... in order to defend the HQ. These things go without saying I think though... When I mention hating campers it is also more frustration then hate. To me there's nothing more annoying then watching the kill cam and getting killed 3 times in a row by the same guy sitting in the same freakin' spot the WHOLE time. If that happens I always go find that camper FIRST and wipe him out, sometimes even wait there again because if hes a REAL camper he'll be back ;) So I do my fair share of camping just not the WHOLE game 👍
 
Last edited:
I think anyone who complains about getting killed by the same camper, multiple times over, needs to rethink their game plan. It's like burning your finger on a hot stove, you only let it happen once before you learn your lesson. :lol:
 
I think anyone who complains about getting killed by the same camper, multiple times over, needs to rethink their game plan. It's like burning your finger on a hot stove, you only let it happen once before you learn your lesson. :lol:

Oh believe me, I've learned ;)
 
I don't have a problem with people sniping even though it's the most frustrating thing in the world. Maps like wasteland seem to be popular with snipers as there's little cover. Maybe they should make the kill streak a bit longer when using sniper rifles.

My strategy at Wasteland is to stay around the outside of the map and when you detect a sniper, go for it (although my playing style is altered by using Ninja and Cold-blooded), The church, "car lot" (the junkyard of crushed cars, the houses (near the heli pad), and the hills on the side are your best friends here.

I usually never go into the bunker or near it unless my team is holding them down, and even then I go to the exit my team isn't covering (usually the one closest to the church).

I think I might have to change some strategy this evening though, because I've pretty much revealed my secrets to you guys so I'm gonna end up looking like a fool when I go 4-15 :p

Edit: @Cracker I usually go back (the spawn system spawning me close to where I died helps), and toss a flash/frag combo (something I learned new from CoD4) and if it doesn't kill them it flushes them out for my perfectly functioning bullets to work! :p

From,
Chris.
 
I still don't see anything wrong with camping/hiding. These days I've been trying to focus more on minimizing my deaths rather than maximizing my kills, and thus I've been hiding more and running around the level less. Possibly because this is what I might actually do in real life. I'm not saying I hide in one spot the entire time - that's an easy way to rack up deaths, since everyone will know where I am. But holding down a few different points throughout the match is a legitimate strategy.

Actually, I'd rather my opponent camp - I know exactly where they're going to be. Easy kill. Even if they do manage to kill me, MW2 has a killcam and you can even see where they are on the map as you watch it. It effectively ruins sniping, but whatever, it's there.
 
Hmm, swore you were camping the other night. ;)

No. Whenever I get a kill, I know not to stick around in that same spot, so I move. However, I wont hesitate going back to that same location and glass around after what I think an appropriate time has passed. I did so that one game and nailed you twice in the same spot.

I think anyone who complains about getting killed by the same camper, multiple times over, needs to rethink their game plan. It's like burning your finger on a hot stove, you only let it happen once before you learn your lesson. :lol:

If I get killed twice by the same guy at the same location, I'll figure out a way around the map to sneak up behind them and kill them. However, I might run into another camper and that just makes a mess of things. But, I'm OK if the enemy wants to camp, because I usually kill them, once I know where they are.

I still don't see anything wrong with camping/hiding. These days I've been trying to focus more on minimizing my deaths rather than maximizing my kills, and thus I've been hiding more and running around the level less.

If you're on my team, I'd hate your guts. I'd go so far as to harrass you by standing in your face and slash you with my knife. People like you ruin the game for us; the goal of WINNING.

Case in point; playing Domination (3 flags), I was on a team of Pampers. They never moved from their camping location around flag B. I, moving around by myself, faced the entire other team located at flag C. Once the enemy saw me show up to battle for C, by myself, two enemy team members made a run for flag A, 'cause they know I wasn't there and the rest of my team were babies in Pampers at flag B.

We lost by a large margin, because after a while, the enemy just stopped trying for B, and decided to win the game by taking flag A and C. The team I had cared ONLY about K/D ratios and [moron_voice]"scoring some kills, dude!"[/moron_voice] It is these 'campers' I hate so much. True, all of them had twice the kills I did, but I came in second because I had more points then most of them.

I'm not complaining about people hiding in the same spot, because I keep getting killed. I'm talking about the idiot moron babies on my team that ruin the game and my fun. I wish I could kill them somehow and ruin their K/D ratio.

Now, if these babies want to camp, DON'T F'N PLAY DOMINATION! You camp here, you lose.
 
I agree that winning is more important then k/d ratio, I run and gun more then camping, but in some situations camping is the best choice ;) What I dont understand is when people try to camp in free for all, no chance in winning then. After I prestiged I noticed that good teams/clans camp more (in headquarter atleast)
 
If you're on my team, I'd hate your guts. I'd go so far as to harrass you by standing in your face and slash you with my knife. People like you ruin the game for us; the goal of WINNING.

I am trying to help my team win. Getting 19 kills is great, but if you die 20 times then you haven't helped your team all that much, have you? K/D ratio does matter in Team Deathmatch - the collective scores that determine the winning team are literally big K/D ratios. Holding strategic positions with my team is basically the one semblence of team cohesion public matches have anyway since there's usually no meaningful verbal communication. I really just don't get this sentiment of "unless you're constantly on the move, you're not being a team player and you suck".

Trust me, my ultimate goal is to help my team win, and have a crappy K/D ratio only hurts it's chances. I'm specifically talking about Team Deathmatch, anyway - Domination is completely different since the scores aren't based on kills.
 
^thats why it depends on what game mode you play. In free for all its all the other way, if you camp there you WILL lose. (If not the other players are totally stupid)
 
Back