Camber problemAddressed 

• Thread starter waukazoo
  • 64 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants more grip in front to drive with front-sports medium and rear-sports hard tires.

Last edited:
Kaz needs to see this, not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet since it's such an obvious bug.
This bug is the SOLE reason I no longer play GT6. I cannot stand to tune a car how I know a car should be tuned, and have it be slower than before.

Yet you still see tunes with camber. I don't think everyone is aware of the camber problem.

There are still some tuning guides that merrily extol it's virtues seemingly completely unaware it doesn't nothing but reduce grip at any setting. I gave up with the tuning forum when it became apparent that a lot of people never bothered to drive the cars before sticking the numbers up for others.

I believe there was an update to fix camber angles reducing the grip of your car, but i don't actually care about camber... I just use about 3.0-4.0 in the front 2.5-3.0 in the back just to make my car look better. :sly:

I believe there was an update to fix camber angles reducing the grip of your car

You can believe it all you like, but that won't make it true. As of 1.07 Camber is still bugged.

There are still some tuning guides that merrily extol it's virtues seemingly completely unaware it doesn't nothing but reduce grip at any setting.

I think a lot of it comes from a lack of understanding of what camber is supposed to do and a preference among mediocre drivers for the predictability of understeer. Most of the tunes with camber that I've driven are understeery but predictable and while they aren't as fast as tunes with 0/0 camber they do feel safer and I can see how some drivers would have problems with the twitchier (but faster if you can keep control) 0/0 tunes.

Of note, I have noticed that very small amounts of camber (less than about 0.7 degrees) don't seem to hurt things too much. That said, given that real racing setups will run 3.5 degrees of negative camber the fact that tiny amounts of camber don't hurt you in GT6 remains very unrealistic.

Last edited:
I've found that 0/0 camber cab be stabilized with some toe and dampers on the car so it stays driver friendly it's not as fast as the twitchy setting, lose is fast after all.

I really really wish they would do something with camber in the game, I'd like to have it as an option to help with mid corner grip

I can't help but think fixing the issue isn't as simple as perhaps it should be, but if that's the case, they could announce that it's an ongoing issue they're trying to resolve. Communication trumps speculation.

I completely agree. I would be very happy even if all they did was say that there was an issue and that it was more difficult to fix because the new model isn't as simple as GT5's was.

Camber needs a fix, no way around that...
Still wondering how a "sim" creating studio with a "perfection targeted" team can't solve that one within almost 6 months

besides of that, also the "graphical" issue on some cars on garage view is kinda nasty (camber angle not displaying at wheels, but does on replays)...
Could live with that, but totaly wrong working camber is just sh**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back