Camber

• Thread starter esoxhntr
  • 894 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to disagree with you @Jbaffoh, though everyone has their opinion.
Fair enough.

Pick the best marathon trainer on Earth, and solicit his/her opinion on training for the first moon marathon. 1/6 gravity, no oxygen, hmmm. How relevant will that opinion be?

Fair enough.

Pick the best marathon trainer on Earth, and solicit his/her opinion on training for the first moon marathon. 1/6 gravity, no oxygen, hmmm. How relevant will that opinion be?
About as relevant as Zuel's friend:lol:

Maybe PD should have consulted all of the experts here instead of going to the real experts at KW suspension and Yokohama Tires.

Maybe PD should have consulted all of the experts here instead of going to the real experts at KW suspension and Yokohama Tires.
Perhaps if those experts had driven GT6 cars, and tried to tune inside the weird world created by PD, then their opinions on this topic would be valuable. But because they haven't, they cannot render informed opinions. No doubt they could tune real world car suspensions, but that's not what we have here.

Are you serious about this nonsense? Or are you just trolling?

Is it a fact that they didn't drive any of the cars in GT6 while in development or is it you assumption @Jbaffoh?

I was contacted by Chad Gordon; Technical Advisor for KW. He wasn't able to give any solid pacific on the model or how it works though he did notion that the model is justified and if there are any concerns contact Polyphony Digital. This in turn prompted me to get in contact with an old friend of mine Germy to ask for his insight on the matter. Granted he doesn’t play GT6 but he has experience in building suspension systems.

My only assumption is that you told the truth here.

The KW guy told you he has no knowledge, and your Germy friend, who had not played the game, speculated based on numbers presented in the game, without any knowledge of how those numbers are actually interpreted by the game and manifested in handling behavior.

So yeah, neither of these people are credible sources of information about in-game tuning.

You're assuming that the Technical Adviser doesn't have any knowledge of the KW suspension model that is being used in GT6 due to he didn't give me any pacific details. I would believe the later that he does have detailed information and knowledge of the model that is being used in GT6, but couldn't release the information due to contracts agreements, along with other matters surrounding the model. As for my friend, he is going from he experience dealing with real cars and real suspensions. Plus if there was a suspension engineer within the forms they would have more than likely chimed in on this matter. We do have a shop though that has yet to add on this matter.

In end this will never be solved and everyone will continue making their assumptions on the issue.

The issue is far from him not giving you any specific details with his answer. The issue is that based on what you're saying he didn't even give you an answer period. "It should be fine, but if you have any issues contact PD" is not an example of a "real expert" commenting on the situation; and thus wholly irrelevant to the topic at hand in this thread.

If you want to pretend that can be interpreted as "he really knows everything about this and could prove you all wrong, but THE MAN is keeping him down", you are perfectly free to do so, but it still isn't proof of anything.

You're assuming that the Technical Adviser doesn't have any knowledge of the KW suspension model that is being used in GT6 due to he didn't give me any pacific details. I would believe the later that he does have detailed information and knowledge of the model that is being used in GT6, but couldn't release the information due to contracts agreements, along with other matters surrounding the model. As for my friend, he is going from he experience dealing with real cars and real suspensions. Plus if there was a suspension engineer within the forms they would have more than likely chimed in on this matter. We do have a shop though that has yet to add on this matter.

In end this will never be solved and everyone will continue making their assumptions on the issue.
You said the KW guy "wasn't able to give any solid pacific (sic) on the model or how it works." I suppose "wasn't able" is subject to different interpretations, but the one thing we do know is that he offered no useful or relevant information. Neither did your friend, who has not experienced GT6 physics first hand. We KNOW how the numbers are supposed to work in real life--THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE! The relevant question is how the numbers work IN THE GAME!

I'm curious to know where you're from, because this stubborn pattern of denial against all facts is a ubiquitous trait in some cultures, and I'm pretty sure I recognize it. This isn't a language difficulty, for sure.

LOL, You have taken the crown @Jbaffoh with you last comment. "I'm curious to know where you're from, because this stubborn pattern of denial against all facts is a ubiquitous trait in some cultures, and I'm pretty sure I recognize it. This isn't a language difficulty, for sure."

I'm going to keep my final comment, LOL.

Whenever you are asked for evidence Zuel, you deny it. You've done this before as well... :rolleyes:

I'm curious to know where you're from, because this stubborn pattern of denial against all facts is a ubiquitous trait in some cultures, and I'm pretty sure I recognize it. This isn't a language difficulty, for sure.
In my top 5 retorts. Good arrows. 👍

Not speaking to its accuracy, just admiring the construction. :cheers:

I've provided information when it was needed. I'll be more than happy to post a part of the letter due to there are detail that have no need to be posted. Plus I really don't think a letter will hamper the issues you all are having.
Maybe a piece of candy would.

Step tuning has to do with building of the car @Samus not setting of the car.

I've provided information when it was needed. I'll be more than happy to post a part of the letter due to there are detail that have no need to be posted. Plus I really don't think a letter will hamper the issues you all are having.
Maybe a piece of candy would.
Wow.

You asked questions of people, and you paraphrased their answers (inconsistently, I might add). But you have to understand that their answers have no meaning to us until we see the questions they were purporting to answer!

If you told us KW answered "4," that has no meaning unless we know the question was, "what is two plus two?" Or, "what would you rate Zuel's analytical ability on a scale of 1-25?"

I'm quite sure I've deduced your native language. It answers a lot.

Zuel
Granted he doesn’t play GT6 but he has experience in building suspension systems. After a few hours of video call and showing him the menu and going through the numbers he believes that the model is correct.

So just to be clear here, you're saying this guy managed to understand the entire suspension model system after a few hours watching videos and looking at the menu numbers? And then having now learned the system he decided that it worked perfectly and the tunes people were doing (Who had put a hell of a lot more time into understanding the system) were in fact wrong in the way they were tuning?

Is that what you're saying? Because it really does seem like step tuning all over again. You insisting the system is fine, it's the players at fault. Only this time it's not you, it's your expert friend Gerry.

So just to be clear here, you're saying this guy managed to understand the entire suspension model system after a few hours watching videos and looking at the menu numbers? And then having now learned the system he decided that it worked perfectly and the tunes people were doing (Who had put a hell of a lot more time into understanding the system) were in fact wrong in the way they were tuning?

Is that what you're saying? Because it really does seem like step tuning all over again. You insisting the system is fine, it's the players at fault. Only this time it's not you, it's your expert friend Gerry.
Absolutely! Everyone knows that if you look at tuning menus and numbers through a video call, then there is no need to put in the thousands of hours on the GT6 road that people like Praiano, Hami, Krenkme, and all the other great tuners have done. No need to drive and test at all. Nope. It's all about the numbers--even if they have no context.

Absolutely! Everyone knows that if you look at tuning menus and numbers through a video call, then there is no need to put in the thousands of hours on the GT6 road that people like Praiano, Hami, Krenkme, and all the other great tuners have done. No need to drive and test at all. Nope. It's all about the numbers--even if they have no context.

Guys, just going to say these "letters" and "calls" are fake. Zuel is merely trying to influence things claiming he has has some degree of authority. Unfortunately I know it hasn't worked for him before.. Sorry for going off Topic mods...

If you’re referring to Germy, he is going off from his experience with dealing with real world physics and models to give his judgment as well as I. The current metric weight and measurement numbers that are used in the current suspension menu follow the current metric numbers that have been used over 30 years or more, so faulting there is not needed. Yes Praiano, Hami, Krenkme, and other are some sound VR tuners and I stress VR. I’ve even spoke with Praiano about his tuning method and I asked him if he ever thought about working with real cars to see what he can do, if he thought about going to school to become an engineer. He told me and I QOUTE “I’m a fisherman, and I have a family. No need for me to go back to school. I enjoy making fake tunes for fake cars”, we had this conversation back on the GT5 forms was active. Not to knock what everyone is doing to get the cars to perform, though everyone is doing what works to get the cars to perform. One of the main areas in running 0.0 camber which works, then you go from there correct? Correct.

@Furinkazen, how do you know what I said in the pass is incorrect? If I say “Furinkazen right foot looks like Mount Rushmore is lay it to the side, or Furinkazen stated that Lion O from the Thunder Cats is real and you have him in your back yard or in the closet of your flat.” Would that be accurate if I stated that? The point is don’t judge or assume something until you know the facts, at the end it just makes you look like a 🤬.

If you’re referring to Germy, he is going off from his experience with dealing with real world physics and models to give his judgment as well as I. The current metric weight and measurement numbers that are used in the current suspension menu follow the current metric numbers that have been used over 30 years or more, so faulting there is not needed. Yes Praiano, Hami, Krenkme, and other are some sound VR tuners and I stress VR. I’ve even spoke with Praiano about his tuning method and I asked him if he ever thought about working with real cars to see what he can do, if he thought about going to school to become an engineer. He told me and I QOUTE “I’m a fisherman, and I have a family. No need for me to go back to school. I enjoy making fake tunes for fake cars”, we had this conversation back on the GT5 forms was active. Not to knock what everyone is doing to get the cars to perform, though everyone is doing what works to get the cars to perform. One of the main areas in running 0.0 camber which works, then you go from there correct? Correct.

@Furinkazen, how do you know what I said in the pass is incorrect? If I say “Furinkazen right foot looks like Mount Rushmore is lay it to the side, or Furinkazen stated that Lion O from the Thunder Cats is real and you have him in your back yard or in the closet of your flat.” Would that be accurate if I stated that? The point is don’t judge or assume something until you know the facts, at the end it just makes you look like a 🤬.
There is such vast disconnect in everything you say.

You stress VR? Good. Are we dealing with anything other than that here?

Nobody is faulting the "current metric numbers that have been used over 30 years or more." We're simply saying that those numbers produce different results in real life than they do in the "VR." This is why those "sound VR tuners" produce tunes that your "Germy," who has not driven GT6, does not seem to approve.

I don't even know what everyone is arguing about.

@Zuel do you think negative camber in GT6 increases lateral grip or decreases it (in GT6)?

So far, camber and ride height still needs fixing, while spring, damper, toe are good enough, although I want wider range value for spring rate, from 0.5 to 50 kg/mm on every car as I hate it when making replica, the spring rate is not low or high enough to reach it :(
Linear and progressive spring should be included as an option when adjusting spring rate.
There needs to be helper spring available as added option and adjustable.
Stabilizers/ARB should be in mm value ( diameter/thickness ) and divided into locations ( strut top, chassis etc )
Body rigidity should be replaced with chassis reinforcement ( divided by location - engine, rear sub frame etc ) and add roll cage as well as additional upgrades with variety of types ( 6 points, 8 points, welded or not, pipe size and make - steel, aluminum etc )
Damper could use more range too, real world dampers often have 16 clicks or more ( 32 clicks seems enough or up to 65 clicks like Penske 4 way 8770 series ) and need to be at least in 3 way but 4 way preferable ( slow bound, fast bound, slow rebound, fast rebound )
I also want not just front and rear, but left and right independent adjustment on suspension, with corner weight displayed ( ballast position not just front/rear but also side to side on the chassis ):D

I talked too much :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back