Camber

• Thread starter esoxhntr
  • 894 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
ontario
anyone had a chance to play around in 1.03 and notice if camber settings have been fixed or not?

ie. a setting other than 0.00 providing *more* grip on that end?

I don't think so. I tried a few cars I have tuned with heavy camber and they were all running the same times.

anyone had a chance to play around in 1.03 and notice if camber settings have been fixed or not?

ie. a setting other than 0.00 providing *more* grip on that end?
Sorry not up to speed with tuning on GT6 but are you saying that its better to have heavy camber for more grip/0.0 being least "grippy"?

Sorry not up to speed with tuning on GT6 but are you saying that its better to have heavy camber for more grip/0.0 being least "grippy"?
0 camber is the most grip. Adding negative camber only reduces grip. It's all messed up.

Yep, camber does not appear to be helpful in any way at present. In some cases it may appear to help like a tail happy car may be a bit more controllable with heavy front camber but that is just because you are loosing your front grip. 0/0 is the best setting to use at present on everything I have tested

Yep, camber does not appear to be helpful in any way at present. In some cases it may appear to help like a tail happy car may be a bit more controllable with heavy front camber but that is just because you are loosing your front grip. 0/0 is the best setting to use at present on everything I have tested
Have you tried using rear camber on cars that understeer?

Have you tried using rear camber on cars that understeer?
Yes, and it does appear to help but doesn't really...

In other words it seems to reduce rear grip which allows the car to understeer less but in the end you are actually giving up grip. leaving the camber at 0 and making an adjustment to springs, roll bars or dampers would be more effective.

I haven't noticed too much in the way of camber being fixed, although my shootout car did get a better lap time with 0.5 camber front and rear.

Now, I did notice the transmission tuning is smoother in a race, and when you change the ballast or power limiter the changes are shown while still using the slider. power/ weight and PP changes are shown.

Now, I did notice the transmission tuning is smoother in a race, and when you change the ballast or power limiter the changes are shown while still using the slider. power/ weight and PP changes are shown.

Welcome fixes for sure. Now we just need the missing top speed on the transmission screen, the setup copy feature, reset to default settings, and of course camber fixed. Onto 1.04 LOL

Welcome fixes for sure. Now we just need the missing top speed on the transmission screen, the setup copy feature, reset to default settings, and of course camber fixed. Onto 1.04 LOL
^^ 👍👍:)

My theory is the negative camber is negative camber for the graphic engine, and positive camber for the physic engine. I'm almost sure about that. We all see adding camber have effects on driving, for exemple in drifting situations. You will have the drifting balance you want with neg camber, but the grip will be as if you had pos camber.

If you look to the contact patch very closely on high speed curves like high speed ring or road X, you will see the tire doesn't collide very well with the track. It collides exactly as if the camber were positive.

That's the most important bug for us tuners I think.

Well, IRL I don't know much about tuning, just to say it first.
Yesterday I had my first "official" suspension test with Light Car Company's Rocket. In the end of the session at Tsukuba I finally tested a couple of camber values, nothing too drastic though.
It seemed that with the so far accomplished damper settings, values front 1.5 / rear 0.7 felt good. In other words, the camber values helped me better the lap time.
I felt, especially at the last corner of Tsukuba, that the car agreed on my steering input on neutral throttle.

Is there a way to view telemetry in GT6? It helps when tuning things like camber.
Not right now, there is supposed to be a data logger coming soon via update. It is quite a lot different than what is in Forza but can be very useful. I assume it will be something like what was in GT5 but not 100% sure

My theory is the negative camber is negative camber for the graphic engine, and positive camber for the physic engine. I'm almost sure about that.
I think so, too. Most likely the tire model simply takes the positive number in the settings menu at face value...

You guys keep mentioning negative camber? Am I misinterpreting? Believe you can only be at 0 or go up from there. Meaning positive camber? Like in toe angle you can go negative.

Like others have mentioned i've only seen slight differences. Believe every car has it's tweaks. One car I used a little more camber on was the veyron. Slowed top speed down some but handled better. Thing is still a boat but oh well.

You guys keep mentioning negative camber? Am I misinterpreting? Believe you can only be at 0 or go up from there. Meaning positive camber? Like in toe angle you can go negative.

The range you see is degree of negative camber from 0 to -10.0

Unlike in gt5 I've noticed when I add camber to my cars the handling is worse (at least with street cars). if I zero out my camber settings my cars have much better grip. I assume this is a bug or something but I want to verify with others first.

Low camber is hard to notice but if I run my standard 2.0f and 1-1.5r my cars will perform better at 0...

Ok, I was getting annoyed, but if it's bugged the. I'm not insane. Does that mean toe is affected too? I like to run -.2 on the rear but it seems to actually work.

Yes, it's a bug. Camber doesn't work.
Best guess is that nobody told the guys doing the tire model that GT uses positive numbers for negative camber 🤬

Are you saying that we need to use positive camber as the physics engine actually models this as negative camber although the visual cue implies otherwise?

Aka, +2 front and +1.5 rear, instead of negative, to increase grip?

Yes, it's a bug. Camber doesn't work.
Best guess is that nobody told the guys doing the tire model that GT uses positive numbers for negative camber 🤬

So from this are you saying that the camber adjustments work, they just need to be reversed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back