Camber

• Thread starter esoxhntr
  • 894 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that camber is working just fine @PsuPepperoni, and yes I do believe that adding camber does improve lateral grip. I would really like a return letter from Yokohama Tires about the tire structure model for all the tire types. Because I believe this is the key factor in how the camber is working in GT6, and I feel that the model does include wall flex for all types even though the graphics are unable to show.

Even though people are comparing performance through times, I’m wondering how consistent the times are for 10 laps, granted that will be a basic sprint race. I guess I’ll find out some other time, I got better things to do.

I think that camber is working just fine @PsuPepperoni, and yes I do believe that adding camber does improve lateral grip. I would really like a return letter from Yokohama Tires about the tire structure model for all the tire types. Because I believe this is the key factor in how the camber is working in GT6, and I feel that the model does include wall flex for all types even though the graphics are unable to show.

Even though people are comparing performance through times, I’m wondering how consistent the times are for 10 laps, granted that will be a basic sprint race. I guess I’ll find out some other time, I got better things to do.
That's a revelation. Camber actually does work, I'm just not consistent enough over 10 laps to realize it:lol: Curious, what do you think of the reversed ride height settings controversy? Do you also think ride height (rake) works as it should?

@Johnnypenso, I'm not sure if your as consistent as a worm or grass growing during the night, great if you are, though what of more laps. How will time time far, grated with tire wear and such. As for the ride height can you be clear as in, center travel of the car compared to the suspension or the effect of lowering the car?

So far, camber and ride height still needs fixing, while spring, damper, toe are good enough, although I want wider range value for spring rate, from 0.5 to 50 kg/mm on every car as I hate it when making replica, the spring rate is not low or high enough to reach it :(
Linear and progressive spring should be included as an option when adjusting spring rate.
There needs to be helper spring available as added option and adjustable.
Stabilizers/ARB should be in mm value ( diameter/thickness ) and divided into locations ( strut top, chassis etc )
Body rigidity should be replaced with chassis reinforcement ( divided by location - engine, rear sub frame etc ) and add roll cage as well as additional upgrades with variety of types ( 6 points, 8 points, welded or not, pipe size and make - steel, aluminum etc )
Damper could use more range too, real world dampers often have 16 clicks or more ( 32 clicks seems enough or up to 65 clicks like Penske 4 way 8770 series ) and need to be at least in 3 way but 4 way preferable ( slow bound, fast bound, slow rebound, fast rebound )
I also want not just front and rear, but left and right independent adjustment on suspension, with corner weight displayed ( ballast position not just front/rear but also side to side on the chassis ):D

I talked too much :lol:
In your face PD!!! / PD we, the consumer, put food on your table. Eventually, sooner or later, you as a company are going to go hungry, and we are going to buy some other random racing game from another company, and our belly's are going to be full of glorious gaming goodness.

I never claimed to be the expert, I just can't help but laughing at this.

I think that camber is working just fine

30 pages here, countless pages and discussions elsewhere about the effect camber adjustments have in GT6 and how there is clearly something wrong and then you come out and say it's all fine. Just like you claimed PP was fine. Like I say, hilarious.

I'm really shocked some don't understand basic computer modeling, with all the searching that is being done. Do any of you understand what a model does and how they're designed?

I'm really shocked some don't understand basic computer modeling, with all the searching that is being done. Do any of you understand what a model does and how they're designed?
Yes some of us actually do understand what a model does, they walk around a stage and show off clothes. They are usually designed to be skinny and hot looking. But because of the broken camber in their shoes, the don't walk very well in them.;)

Last edited:
LOL @killerjimbag, another comedian. I didn't know those type of models have duck feet.

No, it's just you and your friend. Nobody else has a clue.

@Johnnypenso, I'm not sure if your as consistent as a worm or grass growing during the night, great if you are, though what of more laps. How will time time far, grated with tire wear and such. As for the ride height can you be clear as in, center travel of the car compared to the suspension or the effect of lowering the car?
I honestly have no clue what this means. :lol:

I think that camber is working just fine @PsuPepperoni, and yes I do believe that adding camber does improve lateral grip.
Just to be crystal clear, you mean adding negative camber right? And we are still talking about GT6?

Also, do you agree that camber in GT6 does the exact opposite of what it did in GT5?

You’re joking @Johnnypenso? You’re a seasoned Karter and you have no clue of what I speaking about. OK!

Yes @PsuPepperoni, I’m speaking about negative (-) camber, and yes I’m still talking about GT6. And yes the camber in GT6 does the total opposite than in GT5. The result of adding camber in GT5 is nothing as it is in GT6. You added camber or ran flat camber we didn’t get the adverse results as we are getting now. As I stated before in this thread or another, I believe that the models that KW and Yokohama are using are within the last three to two years max as due to the tech in changing yearly, things evolve.

I strongly believe that the models are correct though may need slight tuning. Though you all still have your opinion on the matter, and how the models should work in this area.

Yes some of us actually do understand what a model does, they walk around a stage and show off clothes. They are usually designed to be skinny and hot looking. But because of the broken camber in their shoes, the don't walk very well in them.;)

If you took the time to research this video or clip, why couldn't you or any of you take the time and research to find the information that is needed? Just a SIMPLE question.

:Addition
Truly its just a small simple question so to say.
Everyone is always sating this or griping about this, why was none of this followed through?
Why was it I that had to write KW and Yokohama to help solve this trouble?
Just asking.

Last edited:
If you took the time to research this video or clip, why couldn't you or any of you take the time and research to find the information that is needed? Just a SIMPLE question.

:Addition
Truly its just a small simple question so to say.
Everyone is always sating this or griping about this, why was none of this followed through?
Why was it I that had to write KW and Yokohama to help solve this trouble?
Just asking.
What in the world are you talking about?

You’re joking @Johnnypenso? You’re a seasoned Karter and you have no clue of what I speaking about. OK!
You need to post in English if you want people to understand you. The post Johnny was replying to is gibberish.

Yes @PsuPepperoni, I’m speaking about negative (-) camber, and yes I’m still talking about GT6. And yes the camber in GT6 does the total opposite than in GT5.
Camber in GT5 gave more grip during high speed cornering, as is expected. So if it does the opposite in GT6, as you just agreed, it doesn't work correctly. And the truth shall set you free!

I'm beginning to suspect that you are, in fact, just a troll. If not, you are worryingly obtuse and maybe a little misguided. In either case, I for one am tired of reading your rambling nonsense. I'm fairly sure I am not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back