Can any cars do wheelies in gt5?

• Thread starter aga080
  • 169 comments
Try running low on fuel with a Lamborghini Miura and fettle the suspension settings favourably since its a known fact that in real life when low on fuel the Miura would encounter front end lift so if PD have moddeled it correctly the same should happen :)

picture.php

Try running low on fuel with a Lamborghini Miura and fettle the suspension settings favourably since its a known fact that in real life when low on fuel the Miura would encounter front end lift so if PD have moddeled it correctly the same should happen :)

When driving the current Mirua fast it wants to tip over even with the lowest ride height. I have a hard time keeping the rubber side down. No wheelies yet though.

I got the RX7 spirit to do a wheelie, coming out of the tight chicane up the hill on Cape ring, with racing soft tyres and 590hp.

No, a wheelie needs to be initiated from the car's own power not from a bounce. Not to mention being able to maintain the wheelie...I very much doubt your car did anything but bounce the front end up for a second and then right back down. NOT a wheelie

CapeRing.jpg

CapeRing_1.jpg

This pic was taken later in the wheelie, I don't have a pic of the start because I didn't save the replay.
It just hooked and stood up on the back wheels when i put the power down from the exit of the corner,
I wouldn't have bothered taking the pic if the car just bounced.

Last edited:
No, a wheelie needs to be initiated from the car's own power not from a bounce. Not to mention being able to maintain the wheelie...I very much doubt your car did anything but bounce the front end up for a second and then right back down. NOT a wheelie

Pffff... technicality.

wheel·ie (hwl, w-)
n.
A stunt in which the front wheel or wheels of a vehicle, such as a bicycle or motorcycle, are raised so that the vehicle is balanced momentarily on its rear wheel or wheels.

Pretty sure my Camaro up there did a wheelie, so there. :P

Im waiting for someone to hit a traffic cone an piccy that :P
maybe youtube a car park right against it with chase cam an floor it so it looks like front end lifts an stays up
When really ya just run over a cone

Yes, but jumping to initiate the wheelie is done in mid-air. To perform wheelies your wheels need to be on the ground to start with.

That's why I say jumping isn't a wheelie, it's just bouncing the front end. If you could jump/bounce and manage to keep the front end off the ground then I might consider it. All these pictures are showing is the front end's momentum being reversed by the ground/suspension. It's like throwing a rubber ball at the ground, sure it bounces but it doesn't stay suspended in the air... A wheelie needs to be doable from flat ground with all wheels making contact then lifting the front end up via the car's own power.

If the car is moving forward, it is being sustained. Your personal wheelie definition needs to include a minimum distance on that sustained forward motion in order for it to be considered valid.

:D

Distance doesn't matter. Time is what matters. If you can hold the front in the air for more than a few seconds then it's a it can be a wheelie. But really needs to initiated by power to the rear wheels... ergo a wheelie...not a jumpie or a bouncie :sly:

If you can hold the front in the air for more than a few seconds then it's a it can be a wheelie. But really needs to initiated by power to the rear wheels...

Ok... I'm gonna take that challenge when I get home from work tonight.

How many is a "few" seconds? :)

what makes you think a wheelie has to come from launching the car? all it is is having the front two wheels off the ground for a second >.>

but no, no cars can do wheelstands from a launch in this game
if you come out of a corner with a bank at the right angle you might get lucky and pull 1 or 2 of the fronts off for a half second but not much more then that

Latest Posts

Back