Can any cars do wheelies in gt5?

• Thread starter aga080
  • 169 comments
Have you guys tried it on one of those blue strokes?
They appear on some tracks and are suppose to give much more grip. (in real life)
Also, the old beetle was know for its engine way in the back and was able to do wheely's. So it might work with the beetle? (if we can tune it enough) i havent tried it yet.

Have you guys tried it on one of those blue strokes?
They appear on some tracks and are suppose to give much more grip. (in real life)
Also, the old beetle was know for its engine way in the back and was able to do wheely's. So it might work with the beetle? (if we can tune it enough) i havent tried it yet.

blue strokes?

Been trying with my Alfa TZ2, I tried to post the results earlier but they don't seem to be up yet.
Gonna try with a Beetle now Genius.

No, the beetle is awful. 85bhp max, it just doesn't have the power for it. :(

Last edited:
So here's what happened with my Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
This car (fully tuned) already rolls over if you turn too hard, so I figured it'd be a perfect start.
Turn TCS off and Skid Recovery on.
I used the old Trial Mountain corner bump trick to hit the wall and bring the rear wheels down already spinning on full.

Difference is this baby held the wheelie for some time (I counted 4 seconds)
Evidence below:
TrialMountainCircuit_2.jpg

Starting the wheelie.
TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Still rigidly up.
TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

As you can see, it came down quite some distance away, so I guess this counts as a proper wheelie?
It only dipped again because I hit the redline.

After this, I went onto the top gear track to test some other ways, generally I'm hitting the handbrake and skidding it round so the back wheels lift, letting them spin up, when they hit the floor the front kicks up something fierce.
I'm having no trouble holding them up, only initiating them properly in the first place.

I think the definition of the wheelie that we are trying to discover the existence of is one that can be instigated by power on a flat road. Not one that is due to undulations in the road or crashing off things.

Just to annoy everyone, I did a wheelie in my Samba Bus.

Of course, this isn't actually true, all I did was put racing softs on, made the ride height as high as possible and strengthened the spring rates. Anyone who has done this (and it's recommended because it's hilarious the first time) will know that if you brake, you can pretty much make the car do a forward roll. Reverse then brake, and you have a wheelie. Problem is the engine has no torque at all when turbocharged (or not) so it's impossible to actually sustain the wheelie, but it wouldn't count anyway.

Im going to try it in the Pajero maybe If I raise the height to max it can wheelie.

What should I set the suspension, like stiffness and all that.

I call BS on all the wheelies, I've tried it with a lot of cars, none of them could do it.

Post a video or it didn't happen! 👍

I call BS on all the wheelies, I've tried it with a lot of cars, none of them could do it.

Post a video or it didn't happen! 👍

LOL

Seriously i can't record but try this as a suspension setup (Used on, and ONLY works on the VW Schwimmwagen Typ166 '42)

(Sorry can't remember who originally discovered this but its not mine, the setups for the other cars are different anyway)

Ride Height: 90-90
Spring Rate: 2.0-2.0
Dampers Compression: 10-10
Dampers Extension: 10-10
Anti roll: 1-1
Camber: 8.0-8.0
Toe: 0.50-(-)0.50

With a fully maxed engine and power set to 10-90, Racing soft tyres :)

picture.php

This was only torque, although i think it has like 1kg ballast all the way at the back

Last edited:
LOL

Seriously i can't record but try this as a suspension setup (Used on the VW thing)

Ride Height: 90-90
Spring Rate: 2.0-2.0
Dampers Compression: 10-10
Dampers Extension: 10-10
Anti roll: 1-1
Camber: 8.0-8.0
Toe: 0.50-(-)0.50

With a fully maxed engine and power set to 10-90 :)

happycamper.jpg

Not a real wheelie.

It needs to be from a standing start, with the torque lifting your front wheels.

My Cuda can do very small wheelies, I've gotten the front wheels to lift only a bit from a standing start. I think if i adjust the suspension i may be able to get it up.

I've got to try 200kg of ballast placed at the very rear of my Tuscan RM and do a standing start. It already seems close to lifting off:nervous:

How did you even do that?

I fiddled with the suspension, took a turn, went on to 2 wheels, bounced back, and then the front just shot up, the Bus even did a pirouette on his behind. Did it quite some time ago...

But still, no real wheelies confirmed.

And no, the ones with the Camaro are fake too, that's why the rest of the picture is blurred.

I fiddled with the suspension, took a turn, went on to 2 wheels, bounced back, and then the front just shot up, the Bus even did a pirouette on his behind. Did it quite some time ago...

But still, no real wheelies confirmed.

And no, the ones with the Camaro are fake too, that's why the rest of the picture is blurred.

Anything in this video count? (Not my video)

So basically... the answer is no. A wheelie can not be done on torque alone in this game even though it should with say the RM muscle cars.

Back