can you make a drag strip?

• Thread starter lukey2985
  • 12 comments
No way. Not in Course Maker. It's pretty clear that the range of output that algorithm has, will only put out circuits. Not only will there be curves, but I think all the themes also will have hills.

What about using SSR9? or whatever the infinitely long straight one is :)

No, sorry. But as jinxtigr said, use the Special Stage Route 7 track. There's a 2+ mile long, 2 lane tunnel there. Perfect for drag racing

Does anyone know if making a test course is possible?
Something like the shape of daytona but 5 miles long to get top speed :drool:

Does anyone know if making a test course is possible?
Something like the shape of daytona but 5 miles long to get top speed :drool:

yeah, use toscana, there will be hills but not enough to affect your topspeed. Make 4 sections, keep generating random courses until you find one almost ocmpletely oval, then tinker with the settings and make each section extra wide and you should get a nice oval 👍

Try La Sarthe. It's bumpy as all hell but its got a. . . I want to say 4 mile straight. 6km? Somewhere in there. Use La Sarthe no chicanes.

yeah, use toscana, there will be hills but not enough to affect your topspeed. Make 4 sections, keep generating random courses until you find one almost ocmpletely oval, then tinker with the settings and make each section extra wide and you should get a nice oval 👍

it wont let you create a replica

i was able to make (essentially) a large circle with the course maker, eiffel. lots of generating tracks, but i can go flat out the whole way around.

I think if you put track complexity down (Like 0 or 1) there wont be many hills, because sometimes the layout doesn't change if you move the complexity up or down a little bit.

Complexity refers to the number of corners and their difficulty. It has nothing to do with the elevation changes, which are fixed.

Latest Posts

Back