Cape Ring South 464pp Mazda Roadster Touring

Ok, I just did, and I improved 1.2 seconds straight away, but so did everyone else in the room... something is fishy, and I may have to apologise to @kilesa4568 , I really should have tested ballast before starting this.
I still have my doubts about you doing 1:22 without SRF, and I must say, I'm a bit baffled by the fact you said SRF was off in the room today, because while I dont believe you, I cant see why you would lie about it either. and if in fact its on for some, and off for others... well, I know its QM and all, but come on, surely not even PD are that retarded?
Thank you very much, and yes indeed there have been many strange occurrences in QM. While running the recent Bathurst QM I was getting different grip levels during a race. It seemed like my connection stuttered (like someone had connected or disconnected), then all of a sudden I had massive grip over the top of the mountain(the only time I ran a 2:01xx), it stuttered again going up mountain straight and then was back to normal. Hero to zero in two laps:lol:.

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't get the photo of my SRF turned off in time. Got a really nice picture of myself trying to rush...

I wouldn't lie about something that would obviously affect the pace I'm going and be so easily checkable. If SRF was on, I'd say it was on and would likely have told you a time at least a couple of seconds quicker. I've constantly said I never use it and never will unless I'm forced into it with seasonals and the like. I've told you time and again I check for it in quick matches and avoid it like the plague there too. The reason I was racing in there was due to it being off for me. As usual. I would have had a lot of explaining to do if I'd suddenly beat my time by a good margin (everyone is a driving god with SRF turned on. Even me...) when I was the one who suggested racing on track to prove what I was saying.

What we have done tonight though is throw everything about quick match times (unless they're proven) out of the window. The only valid time is a proven time showing SRF is turned off beforehand but I highly doubt we'll see an influx of proof videos to validate them.

My tune so far...for what it's worth...

No oil change or improved rigidity. The tune doesn't work with chassis strengthening.

Supercharger with 94.8 limiter and 110kg@40. 3.81kg/bhp. 237bhp and 905kg.

Maximum downforce. I added an aftermarket spoiler to increase it to 520 on the rear. 200 on the front.

Suspension

140/90
11.15/8.15
4/7
7/4
4/6 0/0
-0.05/0

BB 7/10

Diff 5/16/5

^ All as Praiano tuned it.

Gearbox is a work in progress and I'll likely never be happy with it. I'm not a tuner...

I'm not sure if I went with 5000 or 5500 initial final gear but I think it was 5000. 5500 if the ratios don't match...

4150 final

Usually good enough for the holeshot from as far back as 5th/6th against the low 40s drivers but it needs a lot of work and could do with a track specific setup.

To avoid calling me a liar anymore, please try the settings and see how fast the car is through the 3 quick sections. Start/finish straight, up and down the hill. Preferably without the SRF instatune turned on. Leave if it is and try another room.

I can also prove I can do the times I said I was doing with SRF off for you still. I can ask one of my kids to do the video for me (including showing the SRF turned off...) tomorrow if need be. I'll be properly pissed off that I'm still doubted on this but if proof is what you need, I'll supply it. Send me a pm and I'll dropbox it for you. I only need to prove it to the one person who called me a liar, naive and immensely stupid.

Try the tune first. Everyone else I've given the tune to is running close to my times so I imagine you'll beat it and realise I've been telling the truth from the start.

I'm a gambling man and missed your offer of the bet @fordlaser777 . Gutted. We can still bet on me doing the times I said I was doing without SRF on though as I've offered no proof yet. Let me know your bet and I'll gladly send you a copy for proof. Maybe a charity donation in the bet winners name?

Sorry I couldn't get the photo of my SRF turned off in time. Got a really nice picture of myself trying to rush...

I wouldn't lie about something that would obviously affect the pace I'm going and be so easily checkable. If SRF was on, I'd say it was on and would likely have told you a time at least a couple of seconds quicker. I've constantly said I never use it and never will unless I'm forced into it with seasonals and the like. I've told you time and again I check for it in quick matches and avoid it like the plague there too. The reason I was racing in there was due to it being off for me. As usual. I would have had a lot of explaining to do if I'd suddenly beat my time by a good margin (everyone is a driving god with SRF turned on. Even me...) when I was the one who suggested racing on track to prove what I was saying.

What we have done tonight though is throw everything about quick match times (unless they're proven) out of the window. The only valid time is a proven time showing SRF is turned off beforehand but I highly doubt we'll see an influx of proof videos to validate them.

My tune so far...for what it's worth...

No oil change or improved rigidity. The tune doesn't work with chassis strengthening.

Supercharger with 94.8 limiter and 110kg@40. 3.81kg/bhp. 237bhp and 905kg.

Maximum downforce. I added an aftermarket spoiler to increase it to 520 on the rear. 200 on the front.

Suspension

140/90
11.15/8.15
4/7
7/4
4/6 0/0
-0.05/0

BB 7/10

Diff 5/16/5

^ All as Praiano tuned it.

Gearbox is a work in progress and I'll likely never be happy with it. I'm not a tuner...

I'm not sure if I went with 5000 or 5500 initial final gear but I think it was 5000. 5500 if the ratios don't match...

4150 final

Usually good enough for the holeshot from as far back as 5th/6th against the low 40s drivers but it needs a lot of work and could do with a track specific setup.

To avoid calling me a liar anymore, please try the settings and see how fast the car is through the 3 quick sections. Start/finish straight, up and down the hill. Preferably without the SRF instatune turned on. Leave if it is and try another room.

I can also prove I can do the times I said I was doing with SRF off for you still. I can ask one of my kids to do the video for me (including showing the SRF turned off...) tomorrow if need be. I'll be properly pissed off that I'm still doubted on this but if proof is what you need, I'll supply it. Send me a pm and I'll dropbox it for you. I only need to prove it to the one person who called me a liar, naive and immensely stupid.

Try the tune first. Everyone else I've given the tune to is running close to my times so I imagine you'll beat it and realise I've been telling the truth from the start.

I'm a gambling man and missed your offer of the bet @fordlaser777 . Gutted. We can still bet on me doing the times I said I was doing without SRF on though as I've offered no proof yet. Let me know your bet and I'll gladly send you a copy for proof. Maybe a charity donation in the bet winners name?
Anyone who to try this tune do you have to do it at the quick match race only ?.

I have tested @TRL_Andromeda and @kilesa4568 tunes in the Arcade Mode at the Cape Ring South, TCS 0 and SRF off. I got in the high 1:24s with kilesa4568 tune but with TRL_Andromeda tune I could not get close it was 800s of a second behind, so with my driving style Kilesa4568 tune is a winner, when I get a chance I will test these 2 tunes at the quick match race soon I hope.

After an hour of intensive testing in arcade mode, for me supercharger/ballast mode is 1.5 seconds per lap quicker. Without the ballast, the car handles superbly, but easily gets swallowed up down the start/finish straight, and the long sweeping right after the hairpin left at the top of the hill, by the supercharged version.

Then went into one of those funny online rooms, where the track seems to have more grip, and ran occasional mid 1.23 laps, with my best ever total race time of 5.40.99!

I have tested @TRL_Andromeda and @kilesa4568 tunes in the Arcade Mode at the Cape Ring South, TCS 0 and SRF off. I got in the high 1:24s with kilesa4568 tune but with TRL_Andromeda tune I could not get close it was 800s of a second behind, so with my driving style Kilesa4568 tune is a winner, when I get a chance I will test these 2 tunes at the quick match race soon I hope.
yep, ballast is faster, i ran 1:20 dead, 5:23 total time. but it was one of those megafast rooms.

I started this thread to discuss setups and help people get to where the "fast" people are to enjoy racing online instead of getting blown away but "gt techies" that know all the ins and outs.
What I did not creat it for is an ego pissing match. So would TRL_ANDROMEDA and kilesa4568 please grab ahold, place neatly inside, let go, zip up, and breath.
I really don't think we all care who's the best, we just want real setups that can work and help.
Nuff said

I started this thread to discuss setups and help people get to where the "fast" people are to enjoy racing online instead of getting blown away but "gt techies" that know all the ins and outs.
What I did not creat it for is an ego pissing match. So would TRL_ANDROMEDA and kilesa4568 please grab ahold, place neatly inside, let go, zip up, and breath.
I really don't think we all care who's the best, we just want real setups that can work and help.
Nuff said
Sorry Superjet701.

I found Kilesa4568 tune very easy to drive, yes gearbox could be refined but good setup, easy to drive..
As for all these numbers posted I really don't think we can compare them because the rooms seem to be so much different I have not yet tested any of these in just an open practice not in a room but then again I'm not any kind of professional on GT. What I do know is when I get into a room now I can stay with people and battle for at least the top three.

I finally got to run a few laps,I really think either psn or I have a major server issue,more than a few times someone else is driving and its not me???? WTF??? :boggled: I keep getting disconnected in quickmatch,no issues with time trials but then again tt`s don`t have to be sync`ed...

Nuff said

You only got one true "techie" in here as I'm not a "techie" by any stretch of the imagination. I bumbled my way along using someone (@praiano63) else's tune and barely changed anything other than dropping a 500pp tune down to 464 for this race.

Being called a liar publicly and constantly is something I'll always defend myself from though. No ego involved if I'm doing the laps I'm doing through sheer bloody minded testing, practicing, and using the same race constants race after race for the most accurate results for my own needs.

I know that Andromeda is a bloody quick driver. No arguments there as I've been here long enough to know it. All I did was try to tell him ballast made my car quicker overall to help him, told him my lap times and because they were currently quicker than his, I had to be cheating with driver aids. Lesson learned. Never offer advice to someone who thinks they already know it all.

To anyone that meets me on track, you can rest assured that if I'm actually racing in there, there is no SRF turned on for me and you'll see the lap and total times I've said I've done here fairly and squarely. I don't cheat myself out of seeing my real times set with my own very average skill level. If this thread makes you think I'm a cheat, don't race me. Simple. Same with my friends list. Take me off it if you don't trust me.

OK. I'm done here. I'll stick with the other thread.

Last edited:
Amazing how people get so defensive and bent out of shape.
OMG, it's online racing that's it.
These forums are a place to share info not piss on each other.
The two people I pointed out, please just think about what you've posted, reread it, then you'll see where I'm coming from and where you shouldn't be.

Well, for some people, racing is a competitive thing. To others, it's not. You've started a thread about a race, so it's to be expected you're going to get competitors to be replying.

Amazing how people get so defensive and bent out of shape.
OMG, it's online racing that's it.
These forums are a place to share info not piss on each other.
The two people I pointed out, please just think about what you've posted, reread it, then you'll see where I'm coming from and where you shouldn't be.

Do yourself a favour, you reread the replies between us both. There's no pissing contests and there's very little relevance to racing.

In close to 2000 miles (1500 was way off...) of racing and testing in the Mazda, I thought I'd try to help you (and anyone else who's reading this thread) with my findings. Those findings meant faster lap and overall times for the people who tried them. Even Andromeda.

What came next had absolutely nothing to do with GT6. It was personal.

I apologise if I came over too strong but whether it's a forum, face to face, whatever, I'll always defend myself if I'm being called a liar and cheat.

I've noticed the damage is done now though. A couple of people have dropped off my friends list today and it's likely due to this argument and a lack of trust. Apparently, mud sticks.

I know I haven't cheated and I most certainly haven't lied. If people can't accept that, don't race me.

*Unfollows thread*

Do yourself a favour, you reread the replies between us both. There's no pissing contests and there's very little relevance to racing.

In close to 2000 miles (1500 was way off...) of racing and testing in the Mazda, I thought I'd try to help you (and anyone else who's reading this thread) with my findings. Those findings meant faster lap and overall times for the people who tried them. Even Andromeda.

What came next had absolutely nothing to do with GT6. It was personal.

I apologise if I came over too strong but whether it's a forum, face to face, whatever, I'll always defend myself if I'm being called a liar and cheat.

I've noticed the damage is done now though. A couple of people have dropped off my friends list today and it's likely due to this argument and a lack of trust. Apparently, mud sticks.

I know I haven't cheated and I most certainly haven't lied. If people can't accept that, don't race me.

*Unfollows thread*

kilesa4568, I appreciated your help, I'm using a slightly modified version of your setup in my mx5.
Ty for apology and admitting it became personal not about GT6 anymore, that was my point.
I understand the attack but defend off the thread.
Good luck

Well, for some people, racing is a competitive thing. To others, it's not. You've started a thread about a race, so it's to be expected you're going to get competitors to be replying.

It is racing, all be it sometimes very messed up, and I can understand heat of competition.
I didn't think I started a thred about race per sae as much as setup, discussing setups. Could I be so naive?

Well, your first post does ask about set ups but then you went on to say about your times. That's when it started in my opinion, I guess. No big deal to me, typical GTPlanet, really.

Racing game, racing drivers, racing attitudes… :D

It is racing, all be it sometimes very messed up, and I can understand heat of competition.
I didn't think I started a thred about race per sae as much as setup, discussing setups. Could I be so naive?
A discussion on setup would be more at home in the tuning forum. This forum will tend to be more racing based.

Just my opinion.

ok since everyone is confessing their setups,my secret....
supercharger 97kg
fresh car
no oil change
pair of Stigs underwear on head
Sebastian Vettels toe nail clipping in neckless
Lewis Hamilton old dental floss woven into bracelet
and a blowup doll of Danica Patrick in the passenger seat

there I feel so much better....

Just for you;)

Suspension:
Ride height: 90/70
Spring rate: 8.21/10.50
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.10/-0.65
Brake balance: 6/8

Transmisson:
Reset to default, set final gear to 3500, then set max speed to minimum
1'st: 4.570
2'nd: 3.675
3'rd: 2.875
4'th: 2.280
5'th: 1.840
Final gear: 2.675

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 13
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
Engine stage 3
No oilchange
Limiter at 90.6%

Body:
No ballast
Downforce: 200/275
No body rigidity

TCS off, full throttle at the start and you will fly past everyone.

I'm running high to mid 1:23, so if they are 6 seconds quicker than you, they must be cheating.

edit; unless SRF was on, then I recon 1:21 is doable. I've noticed that sometimes its on, sometimes its off.
For me, it was off.

Sry, i was referring to 6-8 sec quicker over the 4 laps
Best i have done is a 1:23.860 and a 5:42 from front row
Guys out there I've seen in the 1:22's ans I saw a 1:21 OMG

Well, 3days of racing and testing and really getting no where :(
Tried 4 different tunes, countless gearing, turbo no turbo, SC no SC, ballast no ballast, big wings small wings.
Omg, sooooooo much but still can't break into 23's never mind 21's
85% of the time I can beat people, or 2nd, and good races ( unless dirty drivers ) but then all of a sudden a hotshoe shows up and slaps you silly by 2-3 sec a lap
Driving me nuts

Nooby here. Y'all seen me struggling. I think I got a low 1:24 a couple times. Sorry if you fast guys hate driving around me or having to punt me. I'm trying to figure this out. I don't think I'm doing too bad , starting from scratch a couple weeks ago. I'm way off the big dawgs tho. I think I've plateaued. I've read as much as I can any advice or friends or whatever would be appreciated. I've tried no turbo with turbo 3, supercharged, best I can do is with turbo 3. I have a Logitech wheel , so I can't really bump race only drive the line. I know some dudes hate that but hey it's still racing. I noticed that the top dawgs don't race as much lately. I don't think I could hang anyway but I know I could get a 1 second somewhere. Is the turbo 2 the way to go?

Back