Cape Ring South 464pp Mazda Roadster Touring

I guess you did an oil change? I put a better (still not perfect but it's better) gearbox setup here as well.

@superjet701

I wasn't calling you a novice.

^^That's a tip for someone who's new to the game and in no way shape or form directed at you. Read it again and you'll see.

What tune are you using? Perhaps it isn't giving you the confidence to push?

Ty Kilesa, I think my current tune that I'm using is close to yours, I have 2 mx5's with 3 tunes in each, I'm loosing track.
Current setup= oil change @ 464pp 238hp, 905kg, 54/46
Susp= RH 140-90, SR 11.15-8.15, DC 4-7, DE 7-4, RB 4-5, Cam 0.0-0.0, Toe -0.05 - 0.00, BB 7-8
Trans= initial 5300, min speed, 3.087, 2.291,1.786, 1.418, 1.133
Final 4.145 ( this seem to be good, loose a bit in 4th and 5th down the straight and in the back straight work in progess.
Drivetrain = 5/15/5 Carbon drive
Power = at moment ( trying new things ) 95.1%, stand tune, super charger
Body = DF 200/520, ballast 110kg in the 0 position
I think that's it, other idea's and wisdom always appreciated
BTW, on a dual shock hand control and have no ASM, TC @ 1, ALB @ 1
Thanks in advance

The only real difference I can see is the oil change and weight distribution. I never do an oil change on my car (unless I'm following a tune by someone) and just buy another when it starts to deteriorate. Maximising how much power you can add to the car without using too much of the limiter for the set limit.

The ballast position can affect the pp and even mean you gain/lose a little power but if you have the weight on the back, you can get a better weight distribution (I run 50-50) to help rotate the car and get the power down. I suppose it comes down to the driving style and whether you like under/over steer. Personally, I hate any sort of understeer and try for a looser rear. It also means that when I'm bored of racing, I can drop to the back and drift the track instead.:P

The biggest difference is the traction control. You'll be in the high 30s if you got used to not using it. Any delay in getting the power down in a low pp race hurts you. I have to feather the throttle (I'm a DS3 user as well) like a madman out of the slower corners but I can keep right on the edge of the tire's grip.

Congratulations on the 5:40 though. If you can defend well enough, that's a race winning pace if you can soak up the pressure. Try and get used to using no traction control though and you'll be just as quick as them and a nightmare to overtake. How it should be in a one make race.👍

The only real difference I can see is the oil change and weight distribution. I never do an oil change on my car (unless I'm following a tune by someone) and just buy another when it starts to deteriorate. Maximising how much power you can add to the car without using too much of the limiter for the set limit.

The ballast position can affect the pp and even mean you gain/lose a little power but if you have the weight on the back, you can get a better weight distribution (I run 50-50) to help rotate the car and get the power down. I suppose it comes down to the driving style and whether you like under/over steer. Personally, I hate any sort of understeer and try for a looser rear. It also means that when I'm bored of racing, I can drop to the back and drift the track instead.:P

The biggest difference is the traction control. You'll be in the high 30s if you got used to not using it. Any delay in getting the power down in a low pp race hurts you. I have to feather the throttle (I'm a DS3 user as well) like a madman out of the slower corners but I can keep right on the edge of the tire's grip.

Congratulations on the 5:40 though. If you can defend well enough, that's a race winning pace if you can soak up the pressure. Try and get used to using no traction control though and you'll be just as quick as them and a nightmare to overtake. How it should be in a one make race.👍

Still have a bitch of a time getting into 23's consistently. Still mass amounts of racers in the 22's and 21's with low 5:30's
Can't compete with that

I'll try my best, most comfortable setup and duplicate it with another car and your changes see what happens
Ty

Still have a bitch of a time getting into 23's consistently. Still mass amounts of racers in the 22's and 21's with low 5:30's
Can't compete with that

I know it can be frustrating seeing drivers running times that low but there's always going to be someone quicker than us. We can only try to do our best to close the gap.

I always make sure I grab a load of replays when they're on to see if they can point me to a better way of taking a corner but 7 or 8 times out of 10 replays, they're using SRF. Often looking that bad, it looks like they're two levels softer on the tires. I can't rule out an especially fast driver with a great tune for some of them but the majority of them are glaringly obvious. A sad state of affairs.

I've reported the SRF bug to someone with a line to PD and hopefully they'll look into it. I've been told the code is frozen and they're unsure if it will be looked at, never mind fixed so I'm giving them a month. If it isn't fixed by then, well, there's other driving games out there, hopefully with a more level playing field.

For now, all I'm doing is letting them pass as I can't compete with SRF. I've still got my own non SRF times to beat in the meantime.

I know it can be frustrating seeing drivers running times that low but there's always going to be someone quicker than us. We can only try to do our best to close the gap.

I always make sure I grab a load of replays when they're on to see if they can point me to a better way of taking a corner but 7 or 8 times out of 10 replays, they're using SRF. Often looking that bad, it looks like they're two levels softer on the tires. I can't rule out an especially fast driver with a great tune for some of them but the majority of them are glaringly obvious. A sad state of affairs.

I've reported the SRF bug to someone with a line to PD and hopefully they'll look into it. I've been told the code is frozen and they're unsure if it will be looked at, never mind fixed so I'm giving them a month. If it isn't fixed by then, well, there's other driving games out there, hopefully with a more level playing field.

For now, all I'm doing is letting them pass as I can't compete with SRF. I've still got my own non SRF times to beat in the meantime.

I still am not understanding how srf makes things faster every time I have tried it it has slowed me down but you would know better than I would you have more experience. As for different tires how is that possible? I thought we all had to be on Comfort hard

I still am not understanding how srf makes things faster every time I have tried it it has slowed me down but you would know better than I would you have more experience. As for different tires how is that possible? I thought we all had to be on Comfort hard
SRF it is quicker and that is it.

Last edited:

Out of curiousity, I tried SRF at Cape Ring North in free run (real grip option) and was close to breaking into the 1:20s (1:21.2) after 3 laps. Almost one and a half seconds quicker than my PB and I was chopping chunks off my time each lap. A lot faster but it didn't feel like the same car and I hated every second of it. I feel dirty now.:yuck::lol:

The tires used are the same sport hard (not comfort hard) but SRF made them feel like sport soft. Huge grip when you're pushing hard and stupidly stable.

The only reason I can think you're slower with it is from steering too hard in the corners when it's on as the extra grip can scrub your speed off. If you're smooth with the inputs and not over ambitious with the grip level, the car corners like it's on rails and carries a lot more speed than it should.

Out of curiousity, I tried SRF at Cape Ring North in free run (real grip option) and was close to breaking into the 1:20s (1:21.2) after 3 laps. Almost one and a half seconds quicker than my PB and I was chopping chunks off my time each lap. A lot faster but it didn't feel like the same car and I hated every second of it. I feel dirty now.:yuck::lol:

The tires used are the same sport hard (not comfort hard) but SRF made them feel like sport soft. Huge grip when you're pushing hard and stupidly stable.

The only reason I can think you're slower with it is from steering too hard in the corners when it's on as the extra grip can scrub your speed off. If you're smooth with the inputs and not over ambitious with the grip level, the car corners like it's on rails and carries a lot more speed than it should.
Ok, I'll try

This game is annoying, frustrating, enjoying and a drug, you always won't just one more go, I just can't crack into the 22s but I keep
Trying. One day one day well iv got to go to have one more go lol

This game is annoying, frustrating, enjoying and a drug, you always won't just one more go, I just can't crack into the 22s but I keep
Trying. One day one day well iv got to go to have one more go lol
You're fast enough already - you kept beating me the other day!

I'm a newbie. Still looking for a set up that works best. Thank you TRL,
kilesa and GhostRider for sharing your tune-ups. Still can't get below 1:27's in Quick Match.

I read a quote on here a while back that I think sums up getting plenty of track time perfectly. "Don't practice till you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong."

If you're running 27s, I'd say the best thing to do is get some track and car familiarity under your belt and using the easiest tune you've found to do it. It won't get you into the 22s (mid to high 23s for me) but give the engine stage 3 and 20kg of ballast at 50 a try till you get used it. Nice and stable power through and out of the corners and shouldn't light your tires up. You can keep adding weight (up to the 100% power limiter) when you get used to it and then think about the supercharger instead of the engine upgrade for a snappier throttle and more torque to play with.

Running into the corners with too much speed will go over your front tires grip so try and keep a controlled speed going through them until you know by habit where the grip threshold is.

I'm a newbie. Still looking for a set up that works best. Thank you TRL,
kilesa and GhostRider for sharing your tune-ups. Still can't get below 1:27's in Quick Match.

Two main things, not including the expected practice, patience and tuning....

Learning the track so that you aren't waiting to accelerate based on what you see ahead. You should be entering the turns and using the throttle based on what's ahead way before you can see it with your eyes.

And, don't over drive the car. You can get away with it on racing slicks a little, but not on any tire that isn't really hooked up. Once you over cook a corner, you've lost an easy .5 seconds. Do it 5 or 6 times a lap and your 2.5-3.0 seconds slower.

Many want to over drive the car because it feels faster.

It isn't. 8)

I haven't been racing this event much lately but gave it a quick go yesterday and it seems like the SRF issue has been rectified. I tried to replicate the issue the way I knew it could be done beforehand (but only used it to test my theory) with great results, SRF was disabled. Hopefully we are back to a level playing field.:)

Brilliant news and it didn't take them long to fix.

Just so everyone knows. FPV MIC found out how they were using SRF and got it reported so if you find driving has become a lot more difficult overnight, blame him.:lol:

It's not all good though. It was damn good excuse for when you lose...

*Moves onto the "his tune is much better" excuse*

I haven't been racing this event much lately but gave it a quick go yesterday and it seems like the SRF issue has been rectified. I tried to replicate the issue the way I knew it could be done beforehand (but only used it to test my theory) with great results, SRF was disabled. Hopefully we are back to a level playing field.:)

I've been testing SRF all night and found out it isn't totally fixed.

I did a lot of races over about 4 hours and it stayed on 3 or 4 times on joining a server but for the majority of the time, it stayed off. Maybe something server side and me not getting a good connection could have caused it to set the settings wrong. I didn't wait to see if I got disconnected though. I just left to try again so I'll see if it is the connection and a race you get dc'd on.

I'll give it a better test tomorrow.

I finally got the supercharger to work for me. Low 1:23's is best so far. Not sure where to find more time. I can't get my head around the diff. Set up I use 6 12 5 but is there really anything substantial to gain there ? Still feels like I'm going backwards against top dawgs. Let alone that they can shake me off line or crash me out like nothing. Damn fast 1:19's. It's like I'm running a radio flyer with row boat paddles.

I've been testing SRF all night and found out it isn't totally fixed.

I did a lot of races over about 4 hours and it stayed on 3 or 4 times on joining a server but for the majority of the time, it stayed off. Maybe something server side and me not getting a good connection could have caused it to set the settings wrong. I didn't wait to see if I got disconnected though. I just left to try again so I'll see if it is the connection and a race you get dc'd on.

I'll give it a better test tomorrow.
:confused:🤬🤬🤬:banghead:
I was really hoping it wasn't just pot luck when I tried it in several rooms. Oh well, back to giving GSXr's and Miura's a touch up with my Elise 111r. It doesn't seem to be affecting that QM at all (for me anyway) now.

I finally got the supercharger to work for me. Low 1:23's is best so far. Not sure where to find more time. I can't get my head around the diff. Set up I use 6 12 5 but is there really anything substantial to gain there ? Still feels like I'm going backwards against top dawgs. Let alone that they can shake me off line or crash me out like nothing. Damn fast 1:19's. It's like I'm running a radio flyer with row boat paddles.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have SRF on for a 1:19 lap but maybe they've managed to make some 200kg ballast and 260hp monster tune... Probably not... Just maybe.:P

:confused:🤬🤬🤬:banghead:
I was really hoping it wasn't just pot luck when I tried it in several rooms. Oh well, back to giving GSXr's and Miura's a touch up with my Elise 111r. It doesn't seem to be affecting that QM at all (for me anyway) now.

Out of about 30 races or so, 3 or 4 is a lot better than it was. I'll check today to see if the rooms it stays on are stable or unstable and a disconnect.

Back