Cape Ring South 464pp Mazda Roadster Touring

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by superjet701, Apr 2, 2016.

1. superjet701

superjet701

Just thought I would strat a thread for this Quick Match, seems to be a lack of setup sharing but no lack of competitors.
    Myself, I'm getting single laps in the low 1:25's to high 1:24's and race time of 5:46 I think is my best, but there is a couple of people out there getting 6-8 seconds on me.

BenMillard likes this.
  2. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

Maybe you should have looked HERE first to ask for help/advice and tunes. :tup:

MOPARbarrett5 and kilesa4568 like this.
  3. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker

I tried this yesterday,when there is only a few cars in there its Great fun,but when its filled nada... I keep getting punted off the track by the other drivers :crazy: some really cool looking cars though,saw a really cool Hot Pink number pass me by on the front straight :eek: like i was standing still....

4. superjet701

superjet701

I have been looking all over, got a tune start from archives and been working per race on it but it just seems to never get much better, couple tenths not 1 - 1.5 sec

mr_rainmaker likes this.
  5. superjet701

superjet701

I know right, some rockets out there. But, some real boneheads, hacks

fordlaser777 and mr_rainmaker like this.
  6. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

Just for you;)

Suspension:
    Ride height: 90/70
    Spring rate: 8.21/10.50
    Dampers compression: 1/1
    Dampers extension: 1/1
    Anti-roll bars: 7/7
    Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
    Toe angle: 0.10/-0.65
    Brake balance: 6/8

Transmisson:
    Reset to default, set final gear to 3500, then set max speed to minimum
    1'st: 4.570
    2'nd: 3.675
    3'rd: 2.875
    4'th: 2.280
    5'th: 1.840
    Final gear: 2.675

Differential:
    Initial torque: 5
    Acceleration sensitivity: 13
    Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
    Engine stage 3
    No oilchange
    Limiter at 90.6%

Body:
    No ballast
    Downforce: 200/275
    No body rigidity

TCS off, full throttle at the start and you will fly past everyone.

I'm running high to mid 1:23, so if they are 6 seconds quicker than you, they must be cheating.

edit; unless SRF was on, then I recon 1:21 is doable. I've noticed that sometimes its on, sometimes its off.
    For me, it was off.

BenMillard and mr_rainmaker like this.
  7. DaveMorganJr

DaveMorganJr

@TRL_Andromeda, have you tried the supercharger yet? Couple that with ballast and you should be running .22s

There's some good info in the thread mentioned above.

8. bone_tone

bone_tone

There are plenty of drivers running 1.22s, and saw my first 1.21 last night - like others, I seem to be stuck at high 1.24s, with a best race time of 5.44. Best race time I have seen is 5.33.....

9. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker

I could not even get in last night too many were in there... :eek:

10. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

Sounds like SRF was on. I'm running circles around everyone with high 23's

No way in hell you can do 22's without it.

Supercharger is definitely NOT the way to go. To be fair I did not try ballast as I doubt its faster, but even if it is, its not worth 2 seconds.

As I said, SRF must have been on, I'll try and see if I can find a room with SRF on and see what times I can do.

BenMillard likes this.
  11. DaveMorganJr

DaveMorganJr

Ah, interesting!

Hey @kilesa4568, do you use SRF?

12. Kossie

Kossie

Maybe a stupid question but SRF = AS right?

13. DaveMorganJr

DaveMorganJr

SRF = Skid Recovery Force

AS = Active Steering

Kossie likes this.
  14. Kossie

Kossie

Aha thanks, I tought SRF means: Strong racing force .

mr_rainmaker likes this.
  15. DaveMorganJr

DaveMorganJr

So righteous friend

Kossie likes this.
  16. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Never. I can't stand the feel of it and any lap times set with it mean absolutely nothing to me. They're totally artificial.

I can't prove SRF was off on my time. You'll just have to take my word for it. Who knows, maybe I'll see you on the track and prove it to you. Once. I'm not into placating egotistical people who think they know it all and think the only way they're beaten is by someone cheating against them...

[​IMG]

I'm sure you'll get the hang of the car and track eventually and would even put money on you beating my time. Until then, you really need to try harder if you're only hitting mid to high 23s. I think my 1500+ miles, + dozens of power/weight variations may have an edge on you for now.

Cheating indeed. :censored: cheek.:rolleyes:

17. Kossie

Kossie

Well... Is this really so hard? I drive it once and its not hard. Good car to drive. Learn the track and set the right tune and this is fun.

18. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

Digtater... I met you yesterday, but I think it was the GT3 at nurb race.

Anyway, I'm not saying you are cheating, but you had SRF on, trust me, its easy to miss, as it changes by itself, and cant be turned on/off.

And dont think I missed that insult of yours. Not only did you call me egoistic, you also called me cheeky. And I do not appriciate it.

And how's this for a egoistic comment; You are usually 2 seconds slower than me, regardless of track or car, and now all of a sudden you are a full second faster, and you think its all down to practice?
    No. I'm sorry, I can stay within half a second of what is possible by the very best, so take my time, remove 0.5s, and you are fairly close to what the car can do. You sir, do not have that pace.

Bone even said it, "plenty of drivers does 22's"
    You should know, the number of people that can come even remotely close to me (or any TRL driver), is not "plenty"

19. Kossie

Kossie

BenMillard likes this.
  20. bone_tone

bone_tone

I didn't realise that SRF was variable on these QMs - I know that the ability to change the brake balance comes and goes. It's not even consistent within a room - sometimes you can run 3 or 4 races with the ability to change it, the next race you can't!

I'll keep an eye out for SRF status in races now.

21. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

You are saying I'm cheating. You're saying I'm getting the times I get are through artificial means and I'm telling you that I check to make sure SRF is off because I won't run with it by choice. I run those times all of the time. My standard total time is low 37s to mid 36s and I do that race after race with no SRF in sight.

If you find being called egotistical and cheeky insulting, work on your skin thickness. I stand by what I said.

You post a tune, tell your times and anything quicker by a slower driver than yourself doesn't count because you think they're cheating with driver aids. That's called egotistical. You're also egotistical to think that you can turn up in the given car on the given track and put in times that beat almost everyone. You couldn't be further wrong as a slower driver with more track time than most with this combo is currently quite a bit faster than you. I'm sure with more time and a more powerful tune, you'll pass my time with ease. For now, you're slower.

You really seem to have a problem with that, look for ways that I'm (falsely) managing it and that's called cheek. I've told you how I'm doing it and hopefully we'll meet in quick match where I can prove it to you. Not that I need to but after basically being called a liar, I'll be happy to rub some salt into the wound and if you're using the tune you're using now, I'll show you just how fast you can lap the track.

I don't use any aids other than ABS1 and even though I know the options generally don't change, I still check to see if SRF is off as I don't like it on. Did I mention that?

Done talking about it now. I'll be on after 11pm tonight and I'll let my MX5 do the talking in quick match.

BenMillard and gkgamer like this.
  22. superjet701

superjet701

23. superjet701

superjet701

I never see you on there?
    Im either P Dardarian or superjet333

24. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

25. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

I can show up from nowhere, and beat almost everyone. That's the thing. You might want to do some research to find out who you're talking to. (oh, look at me at my high horse) ;)

I just received a message form someone, saying thanks for the tune, and that they managed 1:22.1 with it. thats 1.6 seconds faster than me. you must be immensely stupid not to see the obvious.

There is of course the odd chance that I was in a particularly slow room, but the SRF is a far more likely reason.

And how am I calling you a cheater, when you cant even turn the bloody thing off?

26. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker

I will keep an eye out for ya just look for arolled on its top car on fire... wave as you go by thats me....

27. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

Really? You're playing the "do you have any idea who you're talking to?" card? I respect talent, I honestly do. Conceit, notsomuch.

Missed the point of the 22.1 lap comment altogether. I must be immensely stupid or you didn't bother to read my replies where I believe I've said several times, I don't stay in a room with SRF on. I leave. I won't set a single lap in there. It will mean absolutely nothing.

You can turn turn SRF off on the very rare occasions it's on. Leave and find another race where it's turned off?

For the record, I haven't seen SRF turned on once in the Mazda event so never had to leave. I've seen it on in other quick matches so for 3 bonus points, can you guess what I did when I saw it? Don't worry, I've supplied the answer a few times in the last 2 or 3 replies. You should get it.

BenMillard likes this.
  28. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

@kilesa4568 : Ok, maybe not stupid, but very naive indeed.

I get what you are saying, but you got to understand a few things about SRF in these races:
    1: you CAN NOT turn it on or off.
    2: it can be turned on or off at random even in the same room, so you have to check before EVERY RACE.
    3: because of this, its very easy to miss, you dont generally feel it, the car just grips more, and you go faster. you think you are getting better, but in reality, the game is just playing tricks on you.

And despite this, and the fact that (I assume) you did not actually knew about it, you are saying its impossible that you missed the fact that the SRF was on? Come on man, we all do mistakes, and you will only look more and more foolish the more you stick to it and refuse to acknowledge it.

I will say this one last time, you can not do 1:22 with SRF off, it just can't be done. Maybe Ti-tech or Immortal can, with alot of practice, but you or I certainly cant.

Now, you know the saying "Let sleeping bears lie"? Well you my friend just decided it was a good idea to poke it with a stick.

Laptimes:
    1; 1:25.489
    2; 1:21.252
    3; 1:21.238
    4; 1:21.355
    roadster.jpg

BALDY500 likes this.
  29. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

I do know very well of the skill of all TRL drivers. I have seen you blokes top TT's for years but I think you may want to try some ballast. I also check for SRF and while I haven't run any 1:22's, I have run many 1:23.1 laps in my short time in this QM (my internet is not working properly). I was running 1:24's until adding ballast so I think a driver of your skill could easily do low 1:22's. Please give this a try.:cheers:

TRL_Andromeda likes this.
  30. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

Ok, I just did, and I improved 1.2 seconds straight away, but so did everyone else in the room... something is fishy, and I may have to apologise to @kilesa4568 , I really should have tested ballast before starting this.
    I still have my doubts about you doing 1:22 without SRF, and I must say, I'm a bit baffled by the fact you said SRF was off in the room today, because while I dont believe you, I cant see why you would lie about it either. and if in fact its on for some, and off for others... well, I know its QM and all, but come on, surely not even PD are that retarded?

BenMillard and FPV MIC like this.