Cappuccino Cup Racing Series :: SEASON 2 PODIUM: Wardez, WiiFreak, dsgerbc/dmanaenk!!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 838 comments
I've got 39 seconds on you Aardvark, so it looks like I'll be lapping you every other lap...lol. Either that or you're on the wrong map...or I am....

I was on Special stage 5 as opposed to Clubman stage 5.
You'll probably still pass me every 8 laps or so!

I guess that last left is the make or break part of the lap. The entry to the tunnel should make for an interesting race start, but at least it's wide!

RDAardvark
D'oh!
I saw 'special stage 5' on page 1 (it says 'Clubman Special Stage 5' which doesn't exist!), didn't see the word 'clubman' and didn't pay too much attention to the map. So I've been practising special not clubman.

Wonder if I'm the only one? :)

Thanks for the heads up!

I labeled it the way the map is labeled. If it's wrong I'll change it, sorry for any confusion.

I labeled it the way the map is labeled. If it's wrong I'll change it, sorry for any confusion.

No worries - It's my own fault for not checking the map, plus you've referred to clubman in the thread several times. :guilty:

This doesn't have anything to do with Cappuccino's but I thought I'd share a little bit of what I was doing this weekend. :)

Me at Mid-Ohio with the Indy Cars
imagexcj.jpg

Indy Cars at Mid-Ohio
imageyktd.jpg

Penske Cars at Mid-Ohio
imagepswi.jpg

Graham Rahal
imagevt.jpg

A. J. Foyt
imagezab.jpg

Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon
imagekwl.jpg

Dario Franchitti, Scott Dixon, J. R. Hildebrand, Ed Carpenter
imagepon.jpg

Marco Andretti, Mike Conway, Danica Patrick
imageeol.jpg

The Esses at Mid-Ohio
imageelyq.jpg

We are here!
imagepyg.jpg

My pass, signed by the race winner Scott Dixon
imageszc.jpg

[YouTube]K4nhGV7YrrY[/YouTube]
[YouTube]qUJZWH2MDYE[/YouTube]
[YouTube]yvoJxza1JDc[/YouTube]
[YouTube]3smx8dZ1TTs[/YouTube]
[YouTube]Sq4ZXoHNa9k[/YouTube]
[YouTube]zwt-7QUrSaE[/YouTube]
[YouTube]v9RmA4KGvqo[/YouTube]

So what kind of lap times have you guys been doing around Clubman so far? I haven't had a chance to practice yet but I seem to remember being right around 1:00 flat the last time I practiced there. Thinking high :58's might be possible?

I think the best ive done is around 1:00 I might have gotten a 59.xxx once. :58's are totally possible, just not by me because Im too slow

So what kind of lap times have you guys been doing around Clubman so far? I haven't had a chance to practice yet but I seem to remember being right around 1:00 flat the last time I practiced there. Thinking high :58's might be possible?

Is anyone planning on racing at Clubman tonight? Back to the normal format for the rest of the season; 1 race, sport soft tires.

Is anyone planning on racing at Clubman tonight? Back to the normal format for the rest of the season; 1 race, sport soft tires.

I won't be racing with you (it'll be 1:30am here in the UK), but I should have my lounge open for practise about 9pm UK time. It's 16:10 here now.

I got solo baby duty again tonight, so if she is asleep in time, I'll show up. I haven't had a chance to run a lap of the track yet though, so I expect a solid last place.

I will be there!

Finally got my GTP fixed. Been waiting on an email to activate account. Some reason my email service gave GTP a fit and required me to re send activation email.

Unless I convince my buddy to go carting, I'll be there. Did a few laps yesterday and couldn't break 1 minute.

Race Lounge is now open for practice. Remember that we're back on the Sport Soft tires tonight. Qualifying will start at 8:15pm EDT.

Congratulations to dsgerbc on a last lap pass for the victory after a hard fought race with yuritardid. Next race is Friday at 10:00 pm EDT.

imagemolw.jpg

Congrats to DSG on a solid run. I ran behind him most of the race and it was near impossible to get by except on the front straight but even then I couldn't get by before the start/finish line. I made my move a lap too soon because I had such a good run off the last corner, and in hindsight I suppose I should have waited one more lap, but I thought I might be able to squeeze out enough of a lead to prevent DSG from drafting me on that final run through the front straight but alas it was not to be...lol.

Good racing though...very clean.

Looks like you all had a good race.
How did qualifying go?
I had a practise last night but cannot get under the 1 minute mark!

Looks like you all had a good race.
How did qualifying go?
I had a practise last night but cannot get under the 1 minute mark!

If I remember correctly, DSG had the pole around 1:00.3 and in the warmup/practice session the fastest lap was 1:00.0X. Perhaps something in the 59's is possible, Brosif wasn't there so we'll never know...lol...maybe Friday.

Had a good day yesterday, meaning I didn't crash violently at least once. Had a close call on lap one though. Thought I had Yuri when I pulled ~1.5 seconds on him, but then I lost ridiculous amount of time lapping Freaky and he caught up. Very clean race overall. Although it seems that except me&Yuri and Torzilla&Chris, everyone else pretty much spent the bulk of the race on their own.

I think I did break the 1.00 on my last qualifying lap though.

Thinking there was a 59.9 posted.

My car had the Monza set up on it. Hopefully a few tweaks can pick up a little time for Friday.

I think I did break the 1.00 on my last qualifying lap though.

Your qualifying time was :59.904, set on your final lap and I believe that was the only lap from anyone that dipped under 1:00. My best practice lap was 1:01.3xx but for the first 10 laps of the race or so I was running mid 1 minutes consistently. Then, stuff happened. I was reeling Owens in and was only about 3 seconds behind him when an incredibly hot girl appeared on the tv and distracted me, putting me in pinball mode between 2 walls. That's exactly why I normally turn the tv off once the race starts. :dunce:

hmm i look forward to the saturday race since so far ive got 1:00.245 as my best so far on the grandvalley east setup :D

I'll be there on Friday.

Saturday as well since I'm scheduled to be off that day. :D

CAMikaze
I'll be there on Friday.

Saturday as well since I'm scheduled to be off that day. :D

Awesome! We've been a little light in attendance lately, but that's to be expected during the summer. We haven't had an appearance from Brosif this week so maybe we can crack the championship open. ;)

We haven't had an appearance from Brosif this week so maybe we can crack the championship open. ;)
Now that you mention it, we haven't seen Lancer in the last few weeks either. Guess he's getting ready for College?

This doesn't have anything to do with Cappuccino's but I thought I'd share a little bit of what I was doing this weekend. :)

The Esses at Mid-Ohio
imageelyq.jpg

Or more commonly known as Madness.

Thanks for the photos and videos! Mid-Ohio is easily one of the best permanent road courses in the US and is a great walking track. You were there for the ALMS race as well, right? What a crazy race. It's pretty amazing that Falken's wet weather tire is that much better than Michelin and Dunlop's.

Or more commonly known as Madness.

Thanks for the photos and videos! Mid-Ohio is easily one of the best permanent road courses in the US and is a great walking track. You were there for the ALMS race as well, right? What a crazy race. It's pretty amazing that Falken's wet weather tire is that much better than Michelin and Dunlop's.

Madness is a great name for that section, that uphill followed by a downhill with the track falling away. Saw lots of twitchy cars coming down that hill!

Yes, we were there from Saturday morning until Sunday evening and saw all kinds of racing action. The ALMS race was great, it's so interesting seeing a series that uses different tire manufacturer's like that. The cars on Falken's did come into their own when it started raining, but they didn't get to flex very long before the red flag came out. It tried to sprinkle a couple times earlier in the race but never enough to require a tire change. Then when it broke loose it really started coming down! In a matter of minutes there was standing water on the track. It was short lived though, they still had the Prototype Lites race afterwards but they were going so slow that it wasn't very exciting.

Mid-Ohio is an incredibly beautiful facility right in the middle of Amish country. It's one of those tracks that makes you feel like you're on a country drive with several challenging technical bits. The people that attend are true race fans too, they love any and everything that has wheels on it and goes fast. This was my third time there and it's quickly become one of my favorite places in the world.

Back