Cappuccino Cup Racing Series :: SEASON 2 PODIUM: Wardez, WiiFreak, dsgerbc/dmanaenk!!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 838 comments
Ok practice room is up, the name is "Cappuccino Cup" and the number is 1472 6399 8880 6892 0236, Ill be running 3 lap races every 5 minutes as soom as people start showing up

Ok practice room is up, the name is "Cappuccino Cup" and the number is 1472 6399 8880 6892 0236, Ill be running 3 lap races every 5 minutes as soom as people start showing up

I'll be home in about 45 minutes or so, but I only have a limited time for GT5 tonight. I'll hop on when I get home and if you're room is still open I'll hop in for a bit.

I might run again on Friday and Saturday assuming I'm in town for the weekend and not called away....I thought it was a lot of fun. I'll disqualify myself from collecting any future prizes though, on the off chance I get lucky and win again.

I'm up for the Friday night race provided I'm not too pooped to pop the turbo after I finish my work day(starts at about 9 am, finishes at 5 pm. Making it for the Saturday race may be impossible for Race 1 as I finish work at 2 and I won't be home and on the PS3 until about 3:15 pm or so.

I'm in for Friday, but I'm a little gun shy after last time.

Don't worry about it too much, these races aren't for points so there are no permanent ramifications for incidents. Just try to use as much patience as you can, especially on the first lap.

• Be aware that if you're in the draft you will be carrying more speed into the turns than normal and will have to brake earlier.

• Remember that 2 cars drafting are faster than 1 car alone so if you do get hooked up with a drafting partner try to stay behind them for a while and don't try to overtake at the first opportunity. Run together as a "train" for a while so you can catch up to any cars in front of you and wait until 2 laps to go before you start planning your pass.

• Cars in your draft could be going significantly faster than you so if they try to pass you just hold your line and let them go to help avoid carnage. Try to catch their draft as they go by so you both can gain speed.

• 👍

I'm in for Friday, but I'm a little gun shy after last time.

One thing that has helped me with drafting a lot is to get in online kart races, the lack of brake lights helps you to get a feel for anticipation the driver in front of you. They also go so slow that there is a very small window to get into the draft so you get practice getting into the draft as fast as possible. Also you might not want to listen to me siince I came in last in both races.

I plan on opening a lounge this evening to do some drafting practice at Monza. If anybody's interested in joining up just hop in my lounge, should be open by 6pm EDT. If we can get 4 or 5 people then we can run some short races with the draft for those that need to get better acquainted with it. 👍

One thing that has helped me with drafting a lot is to get in online kart races, the lack of brake lights helps you to get a feel for anticipation the driver in front of you. They also go so slow that there is a very small window to get into the draft so you get practice getting into the draft as fast as possible. Also you might not want to listen to me siince I came in last in both races.

LOL...funny guy!! Patience is the key in this kind of event. Doesn't make much sense to be in a group of 4 or 5 and trying to pass every lap because even if you gain position, it can easily be taken away. By the same token, two guys running alone can make up a lot of time on cars ahead, and conversely put some space between you and cars behind, so again, it makes no sense to pass at every opportunity in that situation. Try to pass on the straights, and be clear of the person you are passing before the corner. You don't want to be going through a chicane in this car, two wide at Monza at 150 km/h it doesn't usually work out too well...lol...for either party but especially the one on the outside.

Hope to be able to make it tonight.

This little fella been keeping us busy!! As well building a swing set deal. Three level wood unit. Kids are stoked.

"Sparky"
316467f6.jpg

He is doing well with old Joey. (13 yrs)
1cafc2c8.jpg

He sure sleeps funny too:
edbd8673.jpg

On my page is more pics. Feel free to gander. I think it's public.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, tonight's races are on Race Hard tires and you are allowed to use any green pavement (including cutting the chicane). Make sure to check your tires before you go on track! ;)

My lounge is open for practice. Qualifying will start at 10:00pm EDT sharp! See you in Italia.

That also happened a lot on Tuesday. You've either gotta let people cut fully, or not at all.

Good race tonight everyone. I'm not sure who the overall winner is yet and won't have time to tally the results until later this weekend. Yuritardid is the winner but he said he wouldn't take the prize since he already won so it will be the next highest finisher.

OwensRacing will be hosting the race tomorrow in an Open Room, he will post the details here.

imagehnc.jpg

imageemm.jpg

EDIT: zer05ive is the overall winner and will get a prize car of his choice up to $999,999 Cr's

...yea...not sure about that...I spend ALOT of online time racing as clean and fair as posable, so when I'm told to cut a chicane I look like a house cat that just stepped in a puddle of water...I don't know how to deal with it and I kinda panic when my tires ain't on cement...don't like it.

MÜLE_9242
What happened to not being allowed to cut the grass?

:/

I cut grass! Seen the cutting of chicanes and assumed it was a free for all.

My bad for not knowing what is what. :( I'd prefer no cutting at all. Two tires on curb minimal. If you allow cutting of one section then really what's it matter at that point.

Just treat the green pavement as part of the track and race on that basis. That means as long as you have two wheels on the regular track or the concrete it's legal. Two in the grass is legal. 4 in the grass is not. Stuff happens sometimes and you get 4 wheels in the grass when you turn in a bit early it's no big deal just don't make a habit of it. The idea is not to point your car into the grass on purpose, especially in the first and last chicane where it can make a big difference.

Johnnypenso
Just treat the green pavement as part of the track and race on that basis. That means as long as you have two wheels on the regular track or the concrete it's legal. Two in the grass is legal. 4 in the grass is not. Stuff happens sometimes and you get 4 wheels in the grass when you turn in a bit early it's no big deal just don't make a habit of it. The idea is not to point your car into the grass on purpose, especially in the first and last chicane where it can make a big difference.

+1. Thanks for clearing that up JP. If you put 4 tires in the grass you're going to pick up debris and lose grip so I figured this would be a self correcting problem.

I haven't posted here for a while so I thought i'd just let you know that i'm still racing but won't be back from holiday until the 14th or 15th.

I removed the John Deere option today. So no grass. ;)

Room will open in about 50 min. It will be open lobby. Room number will be posted at 2 pm EDT.

Cappy All Star Race

Room Open:

1472-6681-3200-9598-3861

Come practice. Racing starts in 60 minutes.

Where was everyone?
Many thanks to OwensRacing and zer05ive for the racing, laughs and drafting practice!

RDAardvark
Where was everyone?
Many thanks to OwensRacing and zer05ive for the racing, laughs and drafting practice!

Did nobody show up? :(
I hope the Monza events didn't scare everyone off. We will be back to our regularly scheduled Capp racing on Tuesday, so no more crazy drafting this season (perhaps a little at Clubman). 👍

Thanks for hosting the room Owens, even if there weren't enough people to race.

Did nobody show up? :(
I hope the Monza events didn't scare everyone off. We will be back to our regularly scheduled Capp racing on Tuesday, so no more crazy drafting this season (perhaps a little at Clubman). 👍

Thanks for hosting the room Owens, even if there weren't enough people to race.

Only three of us made it :(

I've not been able to practice with anyone for the next race, so just out of interest, what laptimes are you doing? I've still sorting out setup, but have managed to get into the 1.39's.

You're practicing the wrong map.

D'oh!
I saw 'special stage 5' on page 1 (it says 'Clubman Special Stage 5' which doesn't exist!), didn't see the word 'clubman' and didn't pay too much attention to the map. So I've been practising special not clubman.

Wonder if I'm the only one? :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
Only three of us made it :(

I've not been able to practice with anyone for the next race, so just out of interest, what laptimes are you doing? I've still sorting out setup, but have managed to get into the 1.39's.

I've got 39 seconds on you Aardvark, so it looks like I'll be lapping you every other lap...lol. Either that or you're on the wrong map...or I am....

Back