Car of choice for Sarthe 30 minute endurance race?

• Thread starter AlfaDog89
  • 50 comments
Canada
Toronto
kalishnikov89
I've been strictly running the 727B on Sarthe 30 minute endurance race but would love a few more options to keep it fresh. Any recommendations and tunes would be truly appreciated!

Last edited:
The Dodge Viper Gr.4 is really good for this race, I only had to pit once hard difficult and everyone pitted just before the time was up and the result said, everyone finished a lap behind. (Hardest difficulty)

any 700pp car that can go 3 laps before refueling at around 4:30/lap pace can win on “easy” mode. Can’t speak for the higher difficulties.

I’ve probably got 15 or so “champions” of this race, as it is a good home for cars that can get overpowered in the other 700pp events. I’d say the Ferrari 330 or F40 are the most fun so far.

update: the Enzo is my new top car for the race. recommend snatching that up before the invites expire

Last edited:
The 1988 Countach wins this easy with the setup I`ve posted in my garage (includes strategy)
Lambo 3.jpg

Last edited:
Since your racing against Gr4 cars, any Gr4 car can win that race. My car of choice is the Sylvia Touring Car as it seems to be the fastest of all GR4 cars I tried. Racecars are recommended as roadcars use more fuel. Rallycars probably also have no trouble winning this race.

Gr4 cars I tried and easely won with:
Dodge Viper
Nissan GT-R
Toyota 86
Lancer Evo
Mazda Atenza
Porsche Cayman
Megane Trophy '11
Ford Mustang

The only car that didn't work was the Subaru WRX Isle of Man. That thing has no topspeed at all.

It’s pretty easy to win with a stock Genesis G70 Gr.4, use racing hards or mediums and then switch to intermediates if it starts raining.

Several.

You can strangle a Gr.1 car all the way down to 700 and win, but... yeah, that's too easy. Still a fun experiment, to see what's the fastest thing you can enter, although Tomahawk ruins the fun by being OP, glitched and making people ignore the variety of cars in the game.

This is the coolest race. Because Gr.4 cars are essentially road cars, but stripped. Think Group N from the old. So you can build pretty much every road car in the game with a powerful enough engine to comply with Gr.4 regulations and have a very fun time. Tons of missing cars from GT7 like Shelby, Camaro, Alpine GT4 and others can be sorta "recreated" and entered in the race. Even classics.

With Gr.3 and 800 events, it's more difficult. Road cars can match or beat GT3 cars in pace, but GT3 cars are specialized for endurance events. They have bigger fuel tanks and conserve tires better. Hybrids like LaFerrari are disadvantaged, because the electric motors add a PP penalty. Still, some of them can win against Gr.3 cars outright.

Last edited:
Doing it all wrong if your using a race car .

My last grind ....
viper gets
Career rs
Mucilelargo
Nsx
Carrera gt
Supra rz
Aventurine
Enzo
Hurcan
Huayra

Endless

Basically any road car that top goes over 170mph will smash the race cars by 30seconds .

So its a great excuse to go and buy a nice road car and tune it up to 700pp and add some verity each time.

Fuel the draw back so fuel map 6 and pit every other lap .

My last grind ....
viper gets
Career rs
Mucilelargo
Nsx
Carrera gt
Supra rz
Aventurine
Enzo
Hurcan
Huayra

Endless

Basically any road car that top goes over 170mph will smash the race cars by 30seconds .

So its a great excuse to go and buy a nice road car and tune it up to 700pp and add some verity each time.

Wouldn't say a racecar is the wrong way. I'm doing atleast a minute ahead of the rest of the pack in a Silvia Touring Car.

Well not the wrong way ... just all the other grinds you need a race car where this is unique as most super cars will nail it with ease .
So save the race cars for the others and embrace the excuse to drive some exotica.

Because no matter what you use ..... its 30mins 🤷‍♂️ so what you need is something fun and something that sounds good over the norm of something fast

My last grind ....
viper gets
Career rs
Mucilelargo
Nsx
Carrera gt
Supra rz
Aventurine
Enzo
Hurcan
Huayra

Endless

This is how I’m doing it.

Tune a car to 700pp race hards, a pair of each rain tyre for insurance, full aero, like a DIY race car.

I go FM6 and pit after lap 3. Then react to weather changes.

Great fun.

Last edited:
I've won it with like a dozen cars now. I feel like it is the most fun of the 3 new races with good payouts. I've done it in:

Porsche 911 (996 and 997)
Lamborghini murcielago
Lamborghini Diablo 25th
Ford gt 06?
Red bull junior
RUF CTR3
Carrera GT
Radical
CLK-LM
Nissan gt500
and a few gr. 3 cars

Having the most for with the RUF and Carrera. Most of those I run RH, fuel map 4-5, pit twice only for fuel. Second put I only fill enough to finish race.

Last edited:
With the Alpine VGT road car I always win with 1-1.5 minutes lead, depending on the weather. Its super fuel efficient, if you do it right you can easily do 4 laps stints if you do a little short-shifting and coasting and it does 305 km/h on the straights de-tuned to 699PP.
It costs 1 million but its worth every penny, it can be used in so many races and it always absolutely DESTROYS the opponents. Its totally unfair.

Another really good car is the 68' Alpine A220 racecar. It also has an amazing fuel efficiency allowing you to do 4 laps, its got gerat top speed, handles very well. Just make sure you max out its downforce so it stays put even in the rain. I ususally win with at least 1 minute lead with it.

But that's not fun, that's just pure grind for the money. Use your tuned cars, if they can match the top speeds of your opponent Group 4 cars its gonna be fun and winnable.

Just one word of advice - stay away from cars with super thirsty engines, if you have to pit every 2 laps you can still win but pitting so many times gets suuuuper annoying. Cars that are really thirsty: Aston Martin One '11, pretty much all of the US muscle cars with V8's no matter the date of production, the Japanese cars from the 90's, the V10 and V12 engines in the Italian supercars (Lamborghini, Ferrari). New production cars with smaller engines have very good fuel mileage, even tuned to Group 4 spec.

Last edited:
I’ve used many cars but I enjoy the a220 the most.

As the poster said above though, the a220 is very thirsty at a fuel map 1 and needs to refuel every two laps. I still do it anyway since I run RS as well. I still end up over two minutes ahead P2.

Last edited:
I've been strictly running the 727B on Sarthe 30 minute endurance race but would love a few more options to keep it fresh. Any recommendations and tunes would be truly appreciated!
One of the reasons I enjoy this race so much is because I've had success in many different cars. However, one of my favorites is the A220. Praiano's tune with a few tweaks worked out really well.

Veyron is certainly the daddy with its 4x4 and 200mph ... tad expensive tho .
20829345315057016.jpg
recently bought the vgt BMW but after taking it to the test track was a little disappointed with it hmmm sounds ace but hoped for more performance.

Still put some miles on it so tried this race , top speed not great but handling is glued to the road then when the rain came !!!! Wow this cars just ignores the rain .
No traction control needed , practically drives as normal great mpg too

Last edited:
@Michael88 thaaaaank you for doing that, I was messed up trying to determine which of those three to buy for this race. I love that their vgt’s are suited for these races.

Being unsure on those, I actually tried out the Honda VGT here, since it fit the 400hp/2000lb wheelhouse I like for this race. That one is just barely enough to win this race, even maxed out on hards! it’s saved by fuel efficiency and has sweet grip, but not the VGT for this one.

and fwiw the countach that was recently added in the legendary dealership makes for a fun drive in this race. really looking forward to being able to do this at 500pp and 600pp (unfortunately I do not enjoy Tokyo).

Last edited:
Since your racing against Gr4 cars, any Gr4 car can win that race. My car of choice is the Sylvia Touring Car as it seems to be the fastest of all GR4 cars I tried. Racecars are recommended as roadcars use more fuel. Rallycars probably also have no trouble winning this race.

Gr4 cars I tried and easely won with:
Dodge Viper
Nissan GT-R
Toyota 86
Lancer Evo
Mazda Atenza
Porsche Cayman
Megane Trophy '11
Ford Mustang

The only car that didn't work was the Subaru WRX Isle of Man. That thing has no topspeed at all.

Care to share your Silvia tune?

20829757992454982-picsay.jpg
20220505_121626.jpg
20220505_121651.jpg
I seen the vid suggesting the tvr but left it till now , took a little setting up to make it mine ...fully custom box on it but left the ratio untouched as they work well. .. results in a great drive fun and easy win .
Some how good on fuel too .

Finished 20th ... eh lol ... was way way ahead it was still wet so thought I'd extra pit kill time but had a big spin and missed pits ... turned round to get back into pits but auto put me on the track before I got into the pits ... oh well carried on .... end of lap 6 with only 20secs left miles miles ahead so parked up waited the 20 then rolled over finishe line for it to suddenly pop me from 1st to 20th !!!! 😳🤯🙈😹
The pit thing must of glitches it some how ... oh well ... Next time .

Great car

Redbull Jr, 350k credits, buy intermediate rain tires, set downforce as low as it will go and you can win by 2min. unless it rains, then you only win by 1-1.5min. Do first lap on full fuel trim and you will be around 4th place at end of first lap, turn fuel trim to 3 and never pit unless rain gets so bad you need to swap tires.

Back