Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
I've spent a couple of hours going around Brno and despise it slightly less now. In the R8 the fastest lap time was 2:03ish. I'm just over 2 seconds of poll with the AI at 90.

Just began a GT4 career for the fun of it, anyone else experience rough tires for like 20 solid minutes?
No, me neither!
Just did the first two races with Ginetta at Dubai...
After pitstop I got medium tires in stead lf the requested softs.
Have to check if GT4 can have softs ?

Last edited:
That is the bug I get the most giving you the wrong tires. I always check to see what tires are available for the car I race. ;)
In GT5 Ginetta, I went out after pitstop with slicks, while it was raining hard. I was convinced I asked for wets, but was not sure. Maybe that was a bug too.
Costed me the race, while I had to pit once,more after tiptoeing around the lap on slicks, like I was ice skating

In GT5 Ginetta, I went out after pitstop with slicks, while it was raining hard. I was convinced I asked for wets, but was not sure. Maybe that was a bug too.
Costed me the race, while I had to pit once,more after tiptoeing around the lap on slicks, like I was ice skating

Yeah this one is a bug I keep a close eyes on this bug and some cars hardly ever happens but some cars are worst. I will start writing down the cars that seem to get it more than usual.
It might also be related to the track also.

Further to my previous post about rogue AI drivers pitting on the Last lap of a race... It turns out if I try it I'm disqualified for breaking the rules.

Any chance of fixing this SMS ?

No, me neither!
Just did the first two races with Ginetta at Dubai...
After pitstop I got medium tires in stead lf the requested softs.
Have to check if GT4 can have softs ?

Do you remember what lap times are needed at Dubai? I entered practise for the first GT4 event earlier and AI were lapping at 1:40.7 - 1:41 in Ginettas. I'm having to tune the Vantage and still just shy of two seconds off that pace.

It was my first stint at the track but can't see me knocking off much more without hours of practise.

Do you remember what lap times are needed at Dubai? I entered practise for the first GT4 event earlier and AI were lapping at 1:40.7 - 1:41 in Ginettas. I'm having to tune the Vantage and still just shy of two seconds off that pace.

It was my first stint at the track but can't see me knocking off much more without hours of practise.
Can't remember the lap times, but I can tell you this: The GT4 Championship has either very tough and fast AI, or my car setup is really bad.
The only way I found to gain time was outbraking AI, just to discover the Astons and BMW's retaking their position at the straights.
I was racing them at 86% and set them back to 75, which did not help much either. I qualified 5th and 2nd, won the sprint race with some luck (the leading Aston in had some quarrels with the Ginetta of my team mate which made them both lose some time and I was able to pass them, winning by 0,2").
I made no mistake in the main race, while AI were having a real fight behind me. I entered the pits with a 6" advance and when I came out there was a new leader some 10" in front. I could not catch him, but I thought he still had to do his pit stop and I eased up a little bit. Bad idea. An Aston was on my tail very fast and I just could not hold his pace. Turns out that the leading car had allready done his pitstop (now idea how that was possible) and I just managed podium.

At Bathurst, the fastest AI gained between half a second and a full second in the last sector. I tried changing setup, but it did not help. Also, after the pitstop a new leader in an Aston. Tried to catch up with him, almost succeeded, but in my enthusiasm, I outbraked myself and could barely keep 2nd.

For some reason, this is a hard series, harder than usual and I blamed the Ginetta.
Now I see that driving the Aston feels the same... :lol:

I made no mistake in the main race, while AI were having a real fight behind me. I entered the pits with a 6" advance and when I came out there was a new leader some 10" in front. I could not catch him, but I thought he still had to do his pit stop and I eased up a little bit. Bad idea. An Aston was on my tail very fast and I just could not hold his pace. Turns out that the leading car had allready done his pitstop (now idea how that was possible) and I just managed podium.

I had the feeling that AI pit stops were much faster than mine, too. Just to verify: Did you refuel? And was the distance of the race short enough that you could cover it with a full tank? That would be the only logical explanation for such a big difference.

I had the feeling that AI pit stops were much faster than mine, too. Just to verify: Did you refuel? And was the distance of the race short enough that you could cover it with a full tank? That would be the only logical explanation for such a big difference.
No, GT4 Championship does not allow refueling, so everybody, me included started with enough juice to finish the race.
Pitcrew did not even loose a wheelnut, so my pitstop was pretty fast.

No, GT4 Championship does not allow refueling, so everybody, me included started with enough juice to finish the race.
Pitcrew did not even loose a wheelnut, so my pitstop was pretty fast.

It would be great if you could save the replay after the next race and take a look at how long it takes the AI to change tires. My theory is that it takes them 0 seconds, like damage on your car get repaired instantly by magic pit crew elves. Since fuel is out of the equation, your GT4 races are probably the best chance to investigate this.

It would be great if you could save the replay after the next race and take a look at how long it takes the AI to change tires. My theory is that it takes them 0 seconds, like damage on your car get repaired instantly by magic pit crew elves. Since fuel is out of the equation, your GT4 races are probably the best chance to investigate this.
I had planned to do that, but now I'm the GT4 Euro Championship (same car, but changed the tune), Hockenheim.

I will have to crank AI up again, since at 75% (like in the Asia C.) they are not much of a competition (compared to eysterday). In the main race I lapped them all bar one... Very weird this.... :odd:

Well, thats weird indeed but its more about how long it takes AI cars to pit rather then how fast they are. Are the rules the same in the GT4 Euro Championship? If you could still save a replay and check it, that would be awesome.

Well, thats weird indeed but its more about how long it takes AI cars to pit rather then how fast they are. Are the rules the same in the GT4 Euro Championship? If you could still save a replay and check it, that would be awesome.
Rules are the same.
I'll check next race.
But what strikes me is that AI is considerably slower in the GT4 Euro championship.

Just watched my race back and me an AI car came in the same time and left at the same time,

Is the ginetta the fastest gt4 car? Couldn't keep up in the wet in my Aston but it was only ginettas challenging me.

Just watched my race back and me an AI car came in the same time and left at the same time,

Is the ginetta the fastest gt4 car? Couldn't keep up in the wet in my Aston but it was only ginettas challenging me.
yes is the fastest gt4 by far, expect for straight line speed in which the aston is better.
I tested both and with ginetta i was 1,5 second faster. However i had a contract offer only from aston and bmw eheh

I've read somewhere a full comparison for main series in the game. The best cars, by a lot i have to say, were:
- ginetta in the gt4
- bmw z4 in the gt3
- alpine in the lmp2
- rwd lmp1 in lmp1

Started a new career today, started out in GT5 and finished as the World Champion on my first season with AI set to 100%, I'm now driving the American Prototype 2 Series with Radical.

Ginetta G40 Cup | GT5

1st Race; Oulton Park: Probably my favorite race in the series, the car fits the track incredibly well! Skipped the Training and went straight to Qualifying, scored a 1:52 and was 1 second faster than the 2nd place. Both the sprint race and the regular race were pretty straight forward, finished both on 1st place.

2nd Race; Donington National: My second favorite track in the series, suits the car as well. Qualified 1st with slick tyres on a wet track, quite tricky, .3 Seconds in front of 2nd place. Won the sprint race as well as the regular 5 laps race.

3rd Race; Silverstone National: That was the first fairly tricky race, rained during quali and the race. Qualified 17th since I drove on slicks in the rain and skipped the rest of the qualifying. Had both excellent starts in the sprint race and regular race and hauled through the field. Finished the sprint race in 4th, and the regular race in 2nd.

4th Race; Brands Hatch GP: The only track, where I really noticed that the car doesn't like curbs at all. Qualified 14th due to a massive mistake in the Westfield Bend leading to a spin, didn't have enough time to make another hot lap. Same as in Silverstone, had a brilliant start, overtaking went quite smoothly since I was much faster through the fast 4th gear turns than the AI. Finished the sprint race 1st, and the regular race on 4th, due to pitting too early.

5th Race; Donington GP: Me being stupid, I refused to pit in qualifying and get rain tyres as it started raining, the results were 20th on the grid. Race started out very hectic since it was raining pretty heavily, however since the AI was pretty overwhelmed by the conditions and I just love Donington, I managed to score a victory in the sprint race after some extremely dangerous driving. The regular race started out in the rain, but it cleared just before my pit stop, so I switched to soft compound tyres. Pitted on 4th place, but I had some electrical issues which needed fixing. After some more lunatic driving, I managed to regain my 4th position after leaving the pits in 13th.

Results: Won the GT5 Championship by a fairly substantial margain and also managed to win the Constructers championship.

Post - Season contract offers: Had quite a few offers from various different teams and racing series. To be quite exact, I had one offer from a Classic Touring Car Series, two offers from Formula C teams, 4 offers from GT4 championship teams, the obligatory GT5 offer to stay with Rockford Racing, and two offers from the Prototype 2 series, from both Radical and Palmer Jaguar. After some off season testing with both cars on Laguna Seca, I decided to sign with Radical to race the SR3-RS and compete in the Prototype 2 league in the American Prototype Series. The first race will be on Watkins Glen, which I'm already way too excited about.

I'll make sure to keep you guys posted on the progress of my driver, his success in the P2 Series and his future path through the national and international racing series!

Made the switch to LMP3 semi pro. I never went against the AI in LMP3 cars before until yesterday and my god they are difficult. Haven't won a race yet but been getting consistent finishes inside the top 5. AI difficulty is set to 82% at the moment. I had it at 90 during the first practice session in race number one and they was beating me by 3 seconds. Of course that had to be lower.:lol:

Got around to my first race against the AI (set at 90) in the rain since the major updates. It was really fun and I wasn't getting left behind like before. I started 18th in the Brno GT3 race and worked my way up to the top ten. during my pit stop I failed to do the math for refueling. Realizing this, with about 9 laps left I start saving fuel and surrender a 3rd and 4th place finish. I crossed the finish line in 5th place with .6 off a liter in my tank. :lol:

As promised, another update on my driver! I just finished the Prototype 2 class (LMP3 Rookie) and became World Champion once again in the first try. AI was set once again to 100%! I drove for Southern Storm in their Radical SR3-RS!

LMP3 Rookie | American Cup Series

1st Race; Watkins Glen: I just love this track, and it functions beautiful in combination with the car. Qualifying went exceptional resulting in a 1.3 second faster time than P2. Both the first and second race went on smoothly, finished both races in P1

2nd Race; Sonoma National: First time driving on this track, but the car felt pretty good on there, stuggled in qualifying a little bit, still managed to score P1 with .3 seconds in front of P2's time. Both races were, again, going surprisingly smooth resulting in my victory in both races.

3rd Race; Road America: This one was a tricky one, it rained throughout the entire weekend and I struggled to find the pace. In the end I qualified 3rd, which regarding the conditions, was the best I could do. Fortunately for me, I always tend to nail the start, which quickly lead to me grabbing 1st place. The races however were amongst the most challenging, since I had to use a defensive line as the pace of P2 and P3 was exceptional through some bits. But I managed to win both races

LMP3 Rookie | European Cup Series

1st Race; Zolder: Beautiful track, which suits the car pretty damn well, once you've found your line that is. Qualified 1st with .7 seconds in front of P2, finished both races on P1 easily since my pace through Terlamenbocht and Bolderberghaarspeldbocht was much higher than the rest of the field.

2nd Race; Imola: Absolutely horrible qualifying, heavy rainfall throughout the duration of it. I failed to find both the line and pace, also couldn't get the tyres up to temperature. Qualified P11, however I managed to creep up the field to P3, despite the rain. Had to start the second race on P20 (last place) because my second time was just horrendous! Thanks to a dry track and dry weather, I was able to push hard to P7, but due to a crucial mistake in the Rivazza complex I failed to gain another 2 places, although I was up in their mirrors.

3rd Race; Monaco: Qualifying was incredibly crucial, as I don't really have to explain, that Monaco is a nightmare for overtaking. After some issues in finding the right line through Massenet I managed to take P1. The races were incredibly easy as the AI seems to have quite a bit of trouble through the Grand Hotel Hairpin, Rascasse and through the Antony Noghes kink. Finished both races with a 7+ seconds lead.

4th Race; Circuit Bugatti: Another tough race, fairly hard to find the correct line through a lot of corners, especially struggled with the Le Musée complex and the S de Garage Bleu, but I managed to score P1 in qualifying and stay in front in both races.

Results: Managed to score the championship and constructors championship with 179 driver championship points.

Post - Season Contract Offers: Managed to score another few offers from various different series. Two offers from Southern Storm to either stay in the LMP3 Rookie series or move up into the LMP3 Semi Pro series and drive their Radical SR3-RX, another offer for the LMP3 Semi Pro series to drive the Caterham, two offers to join Formula B, and another offer to join the TC2 Historical Racing series.

I haven't decided on what I'm going to choose, however I'm fairly certain that I'm most likely going to stay in the LMP's and drive for the Semi Pro series, reason being that I want to remain on the LMP path to get as much experience as possible to ultimately join an LMP1 team, Formula cars aren't really interesting to me. Anyways, going to test both the Radical and the Caterham later to determine, whether I just switch series or the team + car

Update: Choose to go for the Radical, which has been a pretty bad mistake :lol:

Last edited:
Rules are the same.
I'll check next race.
But what strikes me is that AI is considerably slower in the GT4 Euro championship.
I was wrong...
Round two in Imola: AI (a lot) faster again.
Checked the pitstops: this time normal pitstops for AI, but pitcrew managed to send me out on mediums, where I asked for softs --- again ! :mad:
This is clearly a bug since it happend in every pitstop in these GT4 championships.

I was wrong...
Round two in Imola: AI (a lot) faster again.
Checked the pitstops: this time normal pitstops for AI, but pitcrew managed to send me out on mediums, where I asked for softs --- again ! :mad:
This is clearly a bug since it happend in every pitstop in these GT4 championships.

Yes very annoying bug I lost a few races because of it :yuck:

Not doing career mode no more until I get a setup for the SR8-RX. I'm just struggling right now. The car oversteers way too much. I can't even get back on the gas either coming off a turn. Please does anyone have a setup for this car? Would really appreciate it.

I will be making my first attempt at the 24 Hours of Le Mans this coming weekend. Me and my roommate have decided to go for the RWD LMP 1 Car. This is the invitational event, not the WEC event. I will live stream the action all weekend long starting Friday Night. Wish us both luck.

Latest Posts

Back