Career mode

• Thread starter Rich2086
  • 73 comments
^ The idea is that you'll get offers from other tiers in the same or higher tiers. The offers are based on your performance (I don't know what the exact metrics are) so the element of progression is up to you - remember that you can adjust the difficulty through assists, AI strength and race length, so you shouldn't need to get stuck. After all, the point of a career should be a natural/simulated progression. If you want to get straight to another tier, you can always start another career at a higher tier.

I must mention that I haven't played the career yet, and the implementation is not entirely finished. Perhaps other members have played through a season and can fill in more detail here?
I remember from a career video for Formula Rookie that you choose/start out in one of the three national series (British, American, German I think), if you do well, you will be able to race in the regional series (European?) and then the world championship.

What I'd really like to see would be the chance to stay in one series for years and then fancy a change into something else later on and learn the new series as an experienced head. I wouldn't like to jump from one to another every season, so if the game allows this, then I'll be very happy.

VXR
What I'd really like to see would be the chance to stay in one series for years and then fancy a change into something else later on and learn the new series as an experienced head. I wouldn't like to jump from one to another every season, so if the game allows this, then I'll be very happy.
You could if you wanted to do 10 seasons of Clio cup if you wanted to.

You could if you wanted to do 10 seasons of Clio cup if you wanted to.

Do we get a virtual calendar for the season showing races for our chosen series that we can add other races in between? E.g. Formula A series but make a guest appearance at Le Mans. A bit like a Tennis or golf pro chooses which tournaments to play in?

Do we get a virtual calendar for the season showing races for our chosen series that we can add other races in between? E.g. Formula A series but make a guest appearance at Le Mans. A bit like a Tennis or golf pro chooses which tournaments to play in?
You will get invitational events but thats most likely historic stuff or challenge type events.

Somehow I am happy to not be an WMD member or early acesser. So some suprises will come up. You guys almost know every bit of the game do you? Or can you also expect some suprises when the game will be released?
Stuff gets kept back from us as well especially since a few bad apples leaked info from development a while ago

Hello i would like to say that i am completely excited about project cars coming out. I think its got the potential to be game of the year in the racing genre however i was wondering since they have extended the release date yet again for the full game is it at all possible to release a demo to give us a lite taste

Somehow I am happy to not be an WMD member or early acesser. So some suprises will come up. You guys almost know every bit of the game do you? Or can you also expect some suprises when the game will be released?
Me too. Especially to have been playing this thing since what, 2011? That's nuts to me.
These come to mind.
35-210.jpg

Yeah, that is a bit of a problem. If I tried pCARS now, I bet I'd be very impressed. Having played and tested this game for years, I know all the good and the bad things about the game so well, I think I need a vacation. Although, after I got married the game time has been reduced to almost nothing, so now I mostly test for bugs instead of having time to enjoy it :-/

b
Yeah, that is a bit of a problem. If I tried pCARS now, I bet I'd be very impressed. Having played and tested this game for years, I know all the good and the bad things about the game so well, I think I need a vacation. Although, after I got married the game time has been reduced to almost nothing, so now I mostly test for bugs instead of having time to enjoy it :-/
bug testing is probably more productive now anyway, keep at it

I feel what you are saying, but for the rest of us that haven't been able to play or test I'd like to say THANK YOU!

Back