Career mode

• Thread starter Rich2086
  • 73 comments
Good find. I remember I watched a Nascar race about a month ago and every single AI car was slamming into the outside wall at Indy. Nice to hear him specifically address the AI progression.

I have pcars and the career is good
In the above video is the lower tiers ginetta junior
I can say the ai is adjustable and so is close.
karting is a lower tier however like in real life it could skipped.
I think lmp1 is right to be the top tier as there technology I area is more advanced than f1
F1 could be described sharpening a blade you improving it but not making anything new.
Lmp1 creates and test new tech that filters to road cars in a few years.

Is it possible for you guys to make a list of all the events/championships/tracks used in career? I wish you guys could leak everything instead of keeping it a big secret (why do game companies do that anyway?)

Is it possible for you guys to make a list of all the events/championships/tracks used in career? I wish you guys could leak everything instead of keeping it a big secret (why do game companies do that anyway?)
To be honest I don't want to hear it, its too far away from launch. I want it to be a surprise.

Instead of already knowing what I'm going to do, I want to rather explore it with the element of surprise.

To be honest I don't want to hear it, its too far away from launch. I want it to be a surprise.

Instead of already knowing what I'm going to do, I want to rather explore it with the element of surprise.

+1

If someone has the need to post it, please do it with an spoiler warning. It is the excitement of not knowing everything before release that makes an game exciting :)

+1

If someone has the need to post it, please do it with an spoiler warning. It is the excitement of not knowing everything before release that makes an game exciting :)
we have to be careful however i only post info released to clear up debates and misunderstandings

This game looks like it may be the one I've been dreaming of for years!!

Full length races with practice and qualifying and endurance races with what looks like decent AI!!!!

Only downside for me is that there is no 458 Italia's

I agree i have never been more excited for a game. I can see myself playing this game for years to come on the ps4. I thought i saw somewhere that they are going to have custom championships also. Anyone confirm this? I can only imagine the fun I will have starting in November. Man wish it was sooner.

What I really lover about this game is that you can be like a modern version of Foyt, Gurney, Icx, or Andretti (to name a few) by being a diverse driver who happens to specialize in some disciplines. I really am going to enjoy trying to become a legendary Aston Martin GT driver. :D

It's neat that you can do a little bit of everything, GT4 cars, GT3 cars, GTE cars, Prototypes, Formula, historics, enduros, sprints, stockcars, super/hypercars, road rallys...just about everything! Endless possibilities! :gtpflag:

I agree i have never been more excited for a game. I can see myself playing this game for years to come on the ps4. I thought i saw somewhere that they are going to have custom championships also. Anyone confirm this? I can only imagine the fun I will have starting in November. Man wish it was sooner.

There's a Custom Seasons selection available under Solo. In there is a Create button, I guess that's where you put in the race class, number of races, locations,...

1:11 onwards

Does anyone know if you will be able to create your own race team after racing several seasons? Grid 1 did this. After racing for contract teams, you founded a team and started out in the bottom tier races and then slowly went up. Your team had to buy cars and you could even get a teammate later on. This would be awesome in Project Cars and if its not included in the game at launch, I really hope they include it in an update.

Last edited:
So is there is no levelling system in this game? That will be good if not because I hate levelling in driving games. Grid autosports feels more like a grind not fun I just prefer racing for fun.

Does anyone know if you will be able to create your own race team after racing several seasons? Grid 1 did this. After racing for contract teams, you founded a team and started out in the bottom tier races and then slowly went up. Your team had to buy cars and you could even get a teammate later on. This would be awesome in Project Cars and if its not included in the game at launch, I really hope they include it in an update.
Team management and co-op was in the original design documents, but it will not be in the initial release. Let's hope that a patch/DLC down the road adds it...

I don't think this has been asked yet, what are you guys going to start out in career/how will you complete career mode? I think I'll start in karts then progress through open wheel, one group at a time. I made the mistake in Grid Autosport of doing a championship in each series and then going to the next. This caused be to not get used to each series well.

Also, will getting into the 24hrs of Le Mans be a challenge (like having to do really well in the season) or will it be available regardless of what you did in the season like in Grid 1? Same for the Indy 500?

Last edited:
I don't think this has been asked yet, what are you guys going to start out in career/how will you complete career mode? I think I'll start in karts then progress through open wheel, one group, at a time. I made the mistake in Grid Autosport of doing a championship in each series and then going to the next. This caused be to not get used to each series well.

Also, will getting into the 24hrs of Le Mans be a challenge (like having to do really well in the season) or will it be available regardless of what you did in the season like in Grid 1? Same for the Indy 500?
if you think each race series has a realistic amount of weekends. So if each series has 5 weekends on average and a weekend takes 2 hrs thats 10hrs just doing one series theirs 8 tiers to lmp1 that potentially 80hrs. However the endurance stuff is like 60 odd laps round spa or silverstone.

I don't think this has been asked yet, what are you guys going to start out in career/how will you complete career mode? I think I'll start in karts then progress through open wheel, one group, at a time. I made the mistake in Grid Autosport of doing a championship in each series and then going to the next. This caused be to not get used to each series well.

I Plan the same. Probably with full race length for every race. Only will have to find out what AI Level will be competitive for me but not unbeatable hard.

I think I'll end up having a couple different saves for all the stuff I want to do. First would be karts through the open wheel ladder, then to LMPs for a little. Then a separate career for GTs and touring cars, and then another for when the IndyCar DLC drops. But that leaves out NASCAR...there's just too much to even map out :dopey:

I Plan the same. Probably with full race length for every race. Only will have to find out what AI Level will be competitive for me but not unbeatable hard.
When ai set to 89 the default for pro they hold there own. Making it crucial to qualify

I'm still a bit confused on how the career mode will work:
So you can choose your starting point. But what happens after your first season? Do you get offers from other teams, or offers from a different series in a next tier? Or do you just choose yourself what series you like to run next?
I like their open end approach on where to start your career, but I wouldn't really like it if they'd take away the element of progression.

^ The idea is that you'll get offers from other tiers in the same or higher tiers. The offers are based on your performance (I don't know what the exact metrics are) so the element of progression is up to you - remember that you can adjust the difficulty through assists, AI strength and race length, so you shouldn't need to get stuck. After all, the point of a career should be a natural/simulated progression. If you want to get straight to another tier, you can always start another career at a higher tier.

I must mention that I haven't played the career yet, and the implementation is not entirely finished. Perhaps other members have played through a season and can fill in more detail here?

Last edited:
Back