Career mode

• Thread starter Rich2086
  • 73 comments
2713497_orig.jpg

CAREER
Create a driver, choose a starting motorsport, and sign your first contract. Succeed and you'll get offers from other teams, special invitations, and endorsements. Grow, evolve, and pursue a number of Historic Goals with the ultimate aim of being recognised in the Hall Of Fame.

Not a bad read. But nothing special in the text. Also I hope the image does not suggest that these races are all we get?!

What I really would love to see is a full championship with, lets say, 18 races. With training sessions, qualifying, warm up and race (wich you can chose how many laps you want). With an point system like in the F1 series or DTM for example.
And very competitive AI drivers. And especially it should be a one class championship. So each driver has the same car conditions. Not like in gran turismo where everybody drives a different car with different power and aerodynamics and the goal is to overtake car #1 within 3 laps.

This would be really awesome. When I think about it, probably I should take a look back to Sim racers on PC. There is no really good console game out there.

2713497_orig.jpg

Not a bad read. But nothing special in the text. Also I hope the image does not suggest that these races are all we get?!

What I really would love to see is a full championship with, lets say, 18 races. With training sessions, qualifying, warm up and race (wich you can chose how many laps you want). With an point system like in the F1 series or DTM for example.
And very competitive AI drivers. And especially it should be a one class championship. So each driver has the same car conditions. Not like in gran turismo where everybody drives a different car with different power and aerodynamics and the goal is to overtake car #1 within 3 laps.

This would be really awesome. When I think about it, probably I should take a look back to Sim racers on PC. There is no really good console game out there.

Further down that same page you see this
ULTIMATE VARIETY
Race on over 60 unique tracks including closed circuits and point-to-point locations at any time of day and in ever-changing weather conditions.
Play pre-defined championships in Season Mode, create your own, or simply visit the Test Track to tweak under the hood in on-track testing. The freedom is yours.

CHECK BACK FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SOLO FEATURES

Perhaps it's not part of the career mode but it does look like you can create your own custom championships

2713497_orig.jpg

Dude, those are not all the races - those are only the vehicle type classes! For each of those, you have a full fledged championship with several race weekends (including training, qualifying and sometimes consisting of 2 races for the weekend, depending on class/championship) per season. And some classes have multiple championships across the world (european, US, asien), it is basically like in real life. If the real championship has 10 races, it ll have 10 races ingame too.

Dude, those are not all the races - those are only the vehicle type classes! For each of those, you have a full fledged championship with several race weekends (including training, qualifying and sometimes consisting of 2 races for the weekend, depending on class/championship) per season. And some classes have multiple championships across the world (european, US, asien), it is basically like in real life. If the real championship has 10 races, it ll have 10 races ingame too.

Sounds great! Now we only need competitive AI and that is the hardest part to program. This game sounds too perfect to be true :)

Also, most F1 drivers move onto LMP cars after leaving F1, Mark Webber being the most recent, but the list is endless.

Fair enough. I always thought of them as equal tiers in different disciplines. F1 gets a hell of a lot more media attention than LMP1, so I figured F1 was the pinnacle of motorsport. I stand corrected!

F1 drivers don't "progress" into LMP. They go there usually because they're too old and generally no longer at their peak for F1.
Yeah that's kinda what I thought. In combination with the fact that it's a different discipline of motorsport. So F1 drivers don't aspire to be in LMP just as LMP drivers don't aspire to be in F1 (obviously there will be individual exceptions to this), just like rally is a separate thing, too, and Indycar and Nascar. I think of them all as the pinnacle in different disciplines, not LMP being a higher tier than all the others. Anyways, it really isn't important!

This have been posted on the game's Facebook page today:

"Project CARS has a huge career mode spanning multiple disciplines. The seasons in the career mode are exactly the same length as their real life counterparts, as are the races themselves. However, they can be scaled down if you wish. The career mode has no endgame and you are never forced to drive a discipline you don't wish to. Open wheeler fan? Go for it! Kart racer? Sure thing Everything from GT cars to old school group A touring cars to modern DTM and BTCC cars feature in the game from release, with more disciplines like oval racing (with modern and vintage stockcars as well as indycars) coming afterwards. Not that competitive? No problem! Invitational events will be scattered throughout your calendar, inviting you to test drive cars, take part in manufacturer track days and parade history’s finest machinery in vintage special events.

Your career will start with you choosing absolutely any discipline you like, everything is unlocked from the start. You sign a contract and begin racing with that team. At the end of the season you'll get offers from other teams, in other disciplines of motorsport as well as the motorsport you're currently in. For example, if you choose to race a Ginetta G55 in the GT4 discipline and did well in the season then you will get offers from other teams within that season, but you will also get offers from GT3 or touring class teams if they are interested in you. You have absolutely no obligation to take any of these, you also have the option to continue your contract with your current team and dominate that one discipline for as long as you like.

Everything from manic kart sprint cups to the incredible multiclass World Endurance Championship will be available to you. Start at the bottom and work your way to the highest tiers of open wheel racing, or change your mind halfway through and compete in something different.

Project CARS will be released in November 2014 on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and WiiU

-Hobbs"

This sounds still tooo good to become true, sounds like the exact thing we ever wanted! The first 2 sentences alone are freaking me out, full length season with (if you want) full length races. Dude the wettest dreams come true :D

Now if only the ai would adapt to your performance, that would be a thing.

Edit: and I hope you can chose the length individually before a race weekend. Not static like when you chose 10 laps per race before the season and then you have to drive all the season with only 10 laps per race. Because sometimes there are days you have time to do a full race and some days you just want to play half an hour.

This sounds still tooo good to become true, sounds like the exact thing we ever wanted! The first 2 sentences alone are freaking me out, full length season with (if you want) full length races. Dude the wettest dreams come true :D

Now if only the ai would adapt to your performance, that would be a thing.

Edit: and I hope you can chose the length individually before a race weekend. Not static like when you chose 10 laps per race before the season and then you have to drive all the season with only 10 laps per race. Because sometimes there are days you have time to do a full race and some days you just want to play half an hour.
It almost sounds like a bunch of racing sim enthusiasts got together and made a game! I'm with you, can't wait. Whatever day this launches is Christmas Day to me, and the best present is for me, from me...unless someone beats me to it!

This have been posted on the game's Facebook page today:

"Project CARS has a huge career mode spanning multiple disciplines. The seasons in the career mode are exactly the same length as their real life counterparts, as are the races themselves. However, they can be scaled down if you wish. The career mode has no endgame and you are never forced to drive a discipline you don't wish to. Open wheeler fan? Go for it! Kart racer? Sure thing Everything from GT cars to old school group A touring cars to modern DTM and BTCC cars feature in the game from release, with more disciplines like oval racing (with modern and vintage stockcars as well as indycars) coming afterwards. Not that competitive? No problem! Invitational events will be scattered throughout your calendar, inviting you to test drive cars, take part in manufacturer track days and parade history’s finest machinery in vintage special events.

Your career will start with you choosing absolutely any discipline you like, everything is unlocked from the start. You sign a contract and begin racing with that team. At the end of the season you'll get offers from other teams, in other disciplines of motorsport as well as the motorsport you're currently in. For example, if you choose to race a Ginetta G55 in the GT4 discipline and did well in the season then you will get offers from other teams within that season, but you will also get offers from GT3 or touring class teams if they are interested in you. You have absolutely no obligation to take any of these, you also have the option to continue your contract with your current team and dominate that one discipline for as long as you like.

Everything from manic kart sprint cups to the incredible multiclass World Endurance Championship will be available to you. Start at the bottom and work your way to the highest tiers of open wheel racing, or change your mind halfway through and compete in something different.

Project CARS will be released in November 2014 on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and WiiU

-Hobbs"
tmp_13684-homer-simpson-drooling-a1570697899.jpg

Back