Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
Just saying that the F40 is one of the most detailed car in the game...As you can see...
I could see where you're coming from, but the OP also wanted you to share your ideas. I'll admit your photo is very good, but you could at least elaborate why you think it is "PS4-Ready" or at least use an angle that proves so (e.g. extreme close-ups). The angle you shot at only shows that the game excels in artistic terms, but it doesn't prove so technically.

Basically speaking, it's like if NBDESIGNZ randomly posted all of his GT6 photos here and gave an excuse for posting on this thread simply because his photos look awesome. There's a good reason why this thread is mostly about discussion and using photos as examples rather than the thread being on the GT6 Photomode Forums.

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_3 (2).jpg
City of Arts and Sciences - Night_1 (2).jpg

I could see where you're coming from, but the OP also wanted you to share your ideas. I'll admit your photo is very good, but you could at least elaborate why you think it is "PS4-Ready" or at least use an angle that proves so (e.g. extreme close-ups). The angle you shot at only shows that the game excels in artistic terms, but it doesn't prove so technically.

Basically speaking, it's like if NBDESIGNZ randomly posted all of his GT6 photos here and gave an excuse for posting on this thread simply because his photos look awesome. There's a good reason why this thread is mostly about discussion and using photos as examples rather than the thread being on the GT6 Photomode Forums.
Be nice to the poor guy, if he thought his photo looked PS4-ready then sure. It doesn't have to only be close-ups and technical elaborations why he think it's PS4-ready. Everyone has their own vision of what PS4-ready means, and that's what this thread is about, for better or worse. Haha.

But I do agree about that last part. NBDESIGNZ could probably make even a poorly modeled standard car to look PS4-ready. :lol:

It terms of poly count and some of the close detail work then yes some of the GT6 models are close to being PS4 ready.

However in terms of texture work (the brake disc on the Mini for example) work still needs to be done to show its ready in those terms.

Poly count will only take you so far, as a rough comparison as to the danger of falling into that trap, DriveClub cars have roughly half the polys of the best GT6 models, yet I know which I find better looking (and yes the lighting, etc also needs to be taken into account.

DRIVECLUB™_20141210223955.jpg

My concern (and its not the only one I have with PD) is that they will focus only on Poly count at the potential expense of other areas of the modelling.

However if they can get the textures, lighting, reflections, etc to the DC level or above with a higher poly count then they will produce a stunning looking title.

So in answer to the question does GT6 have PS4 ready graphics? No it doesn't. Does it have the building blocks in place for PS4 ready graphics? Quite possibly.

It is. But still. I like the steering animation, but this game doesn't have traction loss. All cars drive like they have ASM and TCS enabled. No options for this, it's just stuck like this.
Someone quite clearly hasn't played DC because that statement is simply not true.

Last edited:
Someone quite clearly hasn't played DC because that statement is simply not true.
Then tell me where to turn off TCS and ASM then.
I have played DC. Had it since day 1. Stop making ridiculous accusations before you know what you're talking about. If I say the cars feel too grippy, then they are too grippy for me.

Then tell me where to turn off TCS and ASM then.
I have played DC. Had it since day 1. Stop making ridiculous accusations before you know what you're talking about. If I say the cars feel too grippy, then they are too grippy for me.
But you didn't say that the cars feel too grippy, you said that "this game doesn't have traction loss".

Now if you mean that the cars feel too grippy I would not disagree (no big surprise its an arcade title), but why not say that?

Why say that "this game doesn't have traction loss" when it clearly does?

As such don't blame others for your failure to communicate what you actually mean and then moan if they address the words you actually used. You see 'feel to grippy for me' is a valid opinion to have (in the context of an arcade racer I actually find it to be fine), but "this game doesn't have traction loss" is a statement of fact and one that simply isn't supported.

But you didn't say that the cars feel too grippy, you said that "this game doesn't have traction loss".

Now if you mean that the cars feel too grippy I would not disagree (no big surprise its an arcade title), but why not say that?

As such don't blame others for your failure to communicate what you actually mean and then moan if they address the words you actually used.
If you had kept reading I mentioned grip more than once after that post you quoted. The cars doesn't spin out of control unless you do something drastic - hence the car is too grippy. It's not like in GT6 if you push the accelerator too hard in the corner it spins out if you don't stop - it just doesn't happen in DC. Unless when it rains, obviously.
I didn't blame you, I asked you to stop saying stuff you know nothing about.
^- You accused me of not playing DC - I have.
^-- You accused me of lying - I did not. I said my opinion.
Just because I feel like the car never gets proper traction loss / FEEL TO GRIPPY it doesn't make it a lie.

If you had kept reading I mentioned grip more than once after that post you quoted. The cars doesn't spin out of control unless you do something drastic - hence the car is too grippy. It's not like in GT6 if you push the accelerator too hard in the corner it spins out if you don't stop - it just doesn't happen in DC. Unless when it rains, obviously.
I didn't blame you, I asked you to stop saying stuff you know nothing about.
^- You accused me of not playing DC - I have.
^-- You accused me of lying - I did not. I said my opinion.
Just because I feel like the car never gets proper traction loss / FEEL TO GRIPPY it doesn't make it a lie.
In the post I replied to you did not mention grip at all.

You started as a fact that DC doesn't lose traction, what you posted after that doesn't change the post I replied to. I not capable of time travel or able to second guess what you will say in the future.

As such it's a reasonable assumption to make that someone stating that DC doesn't lose traction (as that is not true) has not played it.

In future I would suggest that you post what you actually mean if you don't want to be taken out of context.

As such don't blame others for your failure to communicate what you actually mean and then moan if they address the words you actually used. You see 'feel to grippy for me' is a valid opinion to have (in the context of an arcade racer I actually find it to be fine), but "this game doesn't have traction loss" is a statement of fact and one that simply isn't supported.
The thing is that the cars in driveclub all have traction control enabled which cant be set off. You even see the tc lights flash on in cockpit view when the assist is doing its work on most cars.

Which doesnt mean that it doesnt have any traction loss btw

The thing is that the cars in driveclub all have traction control enabled which cant be set off. You even see the tc lights flash on in cockpit view when the assist is doing its work on most cars.

Which doesnt mean that it doesnt have any traction loss btw
I've not said other wise in regard to the tc light.

However it's still more than possible to lose traction in DC, otherwise the drift challenges would be a bit redundant.

Now as has been said can we get back on topic.

Last edited:
@JoaoSilva I think all the premiums from GT5 should get the same level of adaptive tessellation as the new to GT6 premiums have, if not now then at least for GT7. :)

I think technically the graphics are PS4 ready regarding the whole game if games like FEZ are on the system but also expectations wise I do think they already exceed what is being done on current generation consoles already on the PS3 regarding car models. Driveclub use Glass Egg like a lot of the other current generation racers: Link and maybe they use others too. It will be interesting to see what step they make with GT7 in showing off these models. I think attention to detail is really high and given how clean the wireframe of the models are and time they put into modelling them with the data they have, I think they are probably best models in racing games. If they aren't deemed PS4 ready then I don't know what is.

I think Forza Autovista models are nearly 1 million polygons but to me GT6 can look a lot better regarding modelling which can be seen on this article: Link

@JoaoSilva I think all the premiums from GT5 should get the same level of adaptive tessellation as the new to GT6 premiums have, if not now then at least for GT7. :)

The GT5 premiums gave more jaggies , i don't know if the GT6 models have less jaggies because of the adaptive tesselation or simply because they were better modeled , i don't know if just adding adaptive tesselation to those cars would make the cut . I'll be honest , graphics are a big part of GT IMO , i got into GT on the PS1 because of that too , it was one of the best looking games of the PS1 while running smoothly , i hope PD continues that trend on the PS4. đź‘Ť

@JoaoSilva Yeah true. And yes, the graphics are a big part. I too got into GT on PS1 because of that. I remember staring at the cars forever and saying they looked so realistic. The reflection was unbelievable in GT2. Looked so good. Haha.

@Saidur_Ali The last link you provided - that really shows Forza still has plastic graphics in comparison to Gran Turismo. đź‘Ť Both look good of course, but I'm not really a fan of the plastic graphics in Forza.

Given that Forza is not as PS4 title can we please avoid turning this into a potential GT vs FM thread by sticking to comparisons with title that are on the PS4.

Why can't we compare it to it's rival , it's literally the most reasonable comparison to be made here , GT vs Forza ? Of course we should compare them since GT is competing with it , and not competing with Driveclub.

I don't see the problem @Scaff

Why can't we compare it to it's rival , it's literally the most reasonable comparison to be made here , GT vs Forza ? Of course we should compare them since GT is competing with it , and not competing with Driveclub.

I don't see the problem @Scaff
Because we already have a thread for comparing GT to FM and because this is a thread discussing if GT6 models are PS4 ready.

If you would like to compare GT6 graphics to FM graphics we have a number of threads for that already.

@Saidur_Ali @syntex123

Let's not forget that PD's models are made in-house and not outsourced which means PD has full control of the models and can make them as accurate as possible.
They also do the tracks too.

Interesting seeing this PDF: Link

It mentions "Low Cost prioritized over Quality". Get the feeling that is still the case now.

Meanwhile in GT they promote the Japanese concept of “shokunin” – a master craftsman or artisan: Link. Do feel outsourcing and in-house, probably have different mind set. I talked to a PD employee once and he seems to take a lot of pride in his work and has passion for it, don't know what will be case for outsourced modeller, might be just another car / object to be done as fast as possible while still looking good. That is the feeling I get when I see the models too.

Given that Forza is not as PS4 title can we please avoid turning this into a potential GT vs FM thread by sticking to comparisons with title that are on the PS4.
Car models can be provided to them from same company like Driveclub so it is interesting to see but I imagine the Forza ones are meant to be more detailed for Autovista. NFS Rivals on both platforms and imagine the models will look the same.

@Saidur_Ali yeah it feels like GT's car models were exquisitly crafted and the people who made them really worked on it , tried to make it the best out there.

@Scaff well you were the one talking about Driveclub in this thread not that long ago , talking about grip levels and more stuff that contributes 0 to this thread , atleast i was on topic.

@Saidur_Ali not that long ago , talking about grip levels and more stuff that contributes 0 to this thread , atleast i was on topic.

And all posts after the thread was broght back on topic were deleted (including my own).

However as you seem to be under the mistaken impression that this is up for debate I will make myself clear to all.

AUP
You will, if asked by a representative of the forums, cease posting any content.

The GT vs FM comparisons stop now, anyone continuing to do so will see the content deleted and a warning issued. The staff have discussed the subject of FM comparisons at length and a standing staff policy (that is supported by the site owner) that these discussions will stay in the dedicated comparison threads.

The same goes for posts that continue under the impression that this is a subject open to debate.

Back