Cars on track on PS4/xb1

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by azidahaka, Dec 16, 2014.

1. azidahaka

azidahaka

I can't find a topic concerning this pretty important information.

I think i saw up to 64 cars race on pcs i do not think the same is possible, but will grids be around 16 (gt6 like) or more? Any word about it was ever said from developers or anyone at Games show managed to make a full grid race and report about this?

Thanks.

JockeP22 likes this.
  2. FLX1981

FLX1981

Realistic target is probably 32 in SP, 16 in MP. Can only be said 100% for sure after optimization is done though, might as well be more than that.

Timppaq and Myles Prower like this.
  3. azidahaka

azidahaka

So as far as now noone knows? Just planning ahead for eventual future series.

JockeP22 likes this.
  4. Speedy__17

Speedy__17

Well, hoping for more than 32. On PC, there are at least 55 (Le Mans license), and possibly more, so those 55 would be cool to have on console as well. Better yet: 60 cars, Nurburgring, 3 hour race, 3 class race, 20 cars per class. :drool: PS4 should be able to do that.

JockeP22 and Turkelton like this.
  5. VBR

VBR Premium

Here's a screen shot of Project CARS on Xbox 1.

[​IMG]

That looks like plenty to me!

Source.

6. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

The PS4 lacks the punch and flexibility of a really good gaming PC but has the advantage of better optimization. With the PC you can change numerous display options to maintain your framerate whereas the PS4 will likely be a fixed 60FPS with a fixed set of graphical options that support that and a lower car count. But you never know....

JockeP22 likes this.
  7. Speedy__17

Speedy__17

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Anyway, I count 17 rows on the starting grid in that XB1 screenshot, so 34 cars aren't bad either. Already more than any other PlayStation game I've played. :)

JockeP22 likes this.
  8. azidahaka

azidahaka

i saw this screen i thought it was a PC one to be honest... well it seems endurance racing will be great!

VBR likes this.
  9. Captain Roh

Captain Roh

I am slightly worried about the lack of information regarding how consoles will perform, being a PS4 user. Not just regarding this matter either.

I get the impression there's not really much testing going on for the console versions and I'm worried that they think a quick port from the PC will be enough.

Can anyone think of another game that was so openly developed that was released multi platform? Were there issues? Was it a success?

glassjaw and GuerillaBlack like this.
  10. DrJustice

DrJustice

It's not being ported from the PC to consoles. It's a cross platform development project, so it's being developed in parallel on all platforms. Most of the code is shared between the platforms, only the bits that have to be different are written specifically for each.

The console versions are being tested by a professional testing outfit behind closed doors, like most console games - therefore you hear nothing about it.

11. FLX1981

FLX1981

^ Exactly this. And before anyone asks again: No, they cant do an open console beta cause that costs a lot of money and time to do and SMS is a small developer on a tight budget.

Yep and if you count... That shot shows 16 rows of 2 cars = 32 cars overall. ;)

GTAndy36 and VBR like this.
  12. ukfan758

ukfan758

Let's hope there will be 55 car grids for Le Mans and 33 car grids for the Indy 500 races for ps4/Xbox One.

fortbo likes this.
  13. Captain Roh

Captain Roh

That would explain some I guess, never really been involved with the PC development scene until Project Cars, i guess PC users in general are used to developers being more open and upfront with their process. I had expected a little more information considering this is a crowd funded project however, it isn't only PC users who have invested.

Would be a great shame if they released buggy console versions, professional QA is one thing but it doesn't stack up with thousands of players spending thousands of hours basically bug reporting in the PC beta.

GuerillaBlack, diesel97 and ukfan758 like this.
  14. notanexpert

notanexpert

20 seems like enough for me, as long as the ai is actually challenging unlike gran turismo. I hope to not finish first at all. I say 20 would be enough, but I've never played any sim with more, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

15. azidahaka

azidahaka

20 is not enough if you plan an endurance serie... In mine we have more drivers than spots and got to have preQs...

ukfan758 likes this.
  16. drivatar

drivatar

I hope a stable frame rate has priority over number of cars.

17. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I am not sure if this is a slip up or not, but Andy Tudor says in this interview, 55 cars on track at Lemans:

Oh and @drivatar he also mentions that 1080p/60fps has been achieved on the PS4 - 0:22.

SynGamer likes this.
  18. azidahaka

azidahaka

If true, 55 cars on screen is really an impressive feat on ps4. I guess endurance racing will became really popular :)

Mr_Hansen and denonfreak like this.
  19. drivatar

drivatar

I know it's their target but there's a difference between the 60fps of FM and GT ;).

20. ClydeYellow

ClydeYellow

God, I can't wait to do a 55-cars race on a public lobby on console. Oh, the carnage that will ensue!

(In all seriosity, move over Forza Motorsport, there's a new sheriff in the town of console-based simracing leagues!)

21. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

As far as I know, 60fps is the same in any game, the difference between the two is the graphics engine behind it and as far as I can tell, PCars looks pretty outstanding.

denonfreak likes this.
  22. azidahaka

azidahaka

The difference is that one is not achieving fixed fps.

23. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

55 only for offline mode. Online will be 16 or 24.

TheClarky and SynGamer like this.
  24. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Not saying you're wrong but do you know this for a fact or are you guessing?

Mr_Hansen likes this.
  25. c172fccc

c172fccc

Are you guys actually sure he was talking about console? Since (I think that) he didn't specify that it was on console, I'm guessing he was talking about the pc version, but I could be wrong.

I just don't want you guys to be disappointed IF there is't 55 cars on console.

FLX1981 likes this.
  26. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

online will be around 16 for sure. Do not expect 55 online races on console.

27. STEVE182rs

STEVE182rs

I don't really care how many cars are on track online, 12 is a good number for me.
    Can you imagine the carnage with 55 cars online, messy.

Any one got any info on the TTs for real life prizes? i liked the sound of that in the vid.

28. FLX1981

FLX1981

I agree with c172fccc, Andy might just have mixed up PC and console versions. We will have to wait and see.

@STEVE182rs: There already were some of those TT competitions during development - you set a time in a hot lap event over the course of a week and either the first place or some randomly picked guy out of those who set a time will win the prize. IIRC, one of the prizes was a T500RS.

29. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

That's why I posted the question originally about PC vs. console, but it is a Playstation interview and he mentions nothing about PC in the interview IIRC.

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  30. Marqus

Marqus

I think it would be a bit of a faux pas if Andy is talking about PC specs in a Playstation interview. Some recanting may need to be done.