Cars on track on PS4/xb1

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 140 comments
If you have a look at DG_Silvas post that you quoted again, you will find that he rightfully said that there is gonna be no costum livery support on consoles at launch. Other than that and car count, we dont know of any feature differences between the PC version and the console version. That is the only answer we can give you since there are no public console builds, like it or not. And lastly, there is a big difference between not yet giving out definitive car counts and having "absolutely no idea how many cars they can fit on track". See timppaqs post for what is to expect, but they are still shooting for more. What is to gain if they now say they will have 24 or 32 online and 48 offline on track and then they have to reduce that last minute because 60fps at 1080p is the highest priority? Imagine the outcry.

I did see that in his post, I was just explaining how it's a perfect example of how differences between the console & PC version will be unavoidable, so to have the mindset of "everything that's in one will also be in the other," you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

And of course the outcry would be terrible, but I imagine the outcry would be just as bad if they keep singing the same song about the two being equal when they're not, and keep avoiding the question as they have been. Because when somebody who doesn't know enough about the game (probably not anyone on GTP, because we keep up with it) boots it up for the first time and is surprised to find that all the PR literature is wrong for consoles because all SMS has been doing is playing up the PC side and not telling anyone, they'll probably be very upset, and likely won't be alone.

We told you the exceptions that we know of. We were told that there are no further differences between the PC and PS4 version. And frankly, I cant even think of an example where it would make sense to cut it on consoles, since both versions are developped in parallel, feature-wise. There were several public expos where people could test the console versions and they didnt find much differences. And lastly, it would be a PR desaster for SMS and a massive breach of trust against their WMD members/backers if they would release crippled console versions. I really dont know what more to say. If you trust SMS so little, test it somewhere before you but it. *shrugs*

I did see that in his post, I was just explaining how it's a perfect example of how differences between the console & PC version will be unavoidable, so to have the mindset of "everything that's in one will also be in the other," you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Yes, there are differences, but given that there still isn't a livery editor, custom liveries on the PC version amount to little more than a simple form of modding. And grid size is more a matter of performance than a line drawn between platforms; not every PC will comfortably run a 50+ car race at night in pouring rain.

I don't think these are things that Slightly Mad have been disingenuous about. What sort of other things do you think they're hiding?

The console features everything that the PC version does, what is there to hide? The only things that are lacking is the link to external weather website (MS and Sony's fault), and custom livery support on the console, and that is coming.
I thought it was recently confirmed that the PS4/XB1 would feature real-time weather?

Is it possible to not capitalize every word? Your posts are like reading newspaper headlines:yuck:
image.jpg :lol: Just messing with you Lee, anyway, I think that 16 cars online will be good enough since most likely any number above that would cause very laggy races.

It is the online structure of the consoles that is the limiting factor here. What are they supposed to do about it? Would you rather have 24 and boatloads of DQs and warping cars all the time?

It is the online structure of the consoles that is the limiting factor here. What are they supposed to do about it? Would you rather have 24 and boatloads of DQs and warping cars all the time?
what you just stated is your opinion or developers words? No arguing intended, i honestly wonder this since you seem to have insight looks.

You dont even have to quote anyone. It is just common sense. The way the online works on the consoles, the ****** wifi they are mostly connected with... *shrugs*

Thanks for the info!
yes, people bought a ps4 and think to have pc from NASA... some reality check sometime is needed
Insane number of cars offline, so happy while personally i don't give a fu.. about online. so happy.

great news, thanks FLX ( i also added you on psn, i tried with a german greeting.. sorry with that, full of mistakes for sure!. I work for a german multinational company and my boss is from Stuttgart.. i'm starting learning some words)

After trying to play 30 player GTA Online where it crashes and lags every 5 minutes I can understand this, I hope its more for PC

great news, thanks FLX ( i also added you on psn, i tried with a german greeting.. sorry with that, full of mistakes for sure!. I work for a german multinational company and my boss is from Stuttgart.. i'm starting learning some words)

Haha cool :cheers:

I actually thought we were PSN friends already, could have sworn I added you in the days of Shift 2, but whatever. Looking forward to some good racing.

I hate to be that guy, but someones gotta ask it;

So is it confirmed that online is 16? I thought that the guy at gamescom said that they were balancing well around 20?

I think as long as the devs are using peer to peer networking, the physical limitations of the consoles would be about 20 players with problems, 16 players with an in-built margin of error to counter-act lag. If there is the possibility of developing dedicated servers, then we could see it increase.

If there is the possibility of developing dedicated servers, then we could see it increase.
Microsoft does offer dedicated servers for Xbox games and is the only console manufacture doing so. Correct me if i am wrong. I don't know if those servers are 100% free for the company requesting them, thought. I am a little bit confused by the statement from FLX, because of this. Besides the consoles are more or less computers and games like planetside with a massiv player count will be available on console soon.

Last edited:
pcars is a multiplat 3rd party game that goes head to head against one of M$s biggest exclusive titles. I would be very surprised if M$ would give them access to the dedicated servers at all, let alone for an acceptable fee, but who knows.

Thanks for the info!
yes, people bought a ps4 and think to have pc from NASA... some reality check sometime is needed
Insane number of cars offline, so happy while personally i don't give a fu.. about online. so happy.

PC or PS4 characteristics or power are completely secondary. If we are to say PSN or XBLive can't handle it well i might understand, but you can play ping and response critical game on way lower specs with absolutely no trouble in way slower machines.

Only reason i see pc would get more cars is if it is going to be P2P based or dedicated server multiplayer instead of laying on generic sony or MS ones.

Haha cool :cheers:

I actually thought we were PSN friends already, could have sworn I added you in the days of Shift 2, but whatever. Looking forward to some good racing.
yes but when i sold the ps3 i had a problem with the account and lost all the friends in the list. Good memories shift2, surely was far from being perfect but i enjoyed it a lot with its amazing track and cars list.. and the legend pack!

Back