Cars on track on PS4/xb1

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 140 comments
The PlayStation access video that was released yesterday shows 32 on track, with one of the guys in the video stating something along the lines of "up to 30 cars." That's impressive, and honestly I'm surprised they pulled it off.

The PlayStation access video that was released yesterday shows 32 on track, with one of the guys in the video stating something along the lines of "up to 30 cars." That's impressive, and honestly I'm surprised they pulled it off.
I'm pretty sure one of the SMS guys here said we're up to 45...but don't quote me.

45 offline is really great. 16 online leaves me a bit flat as there's less incentive for the members of leagues to be persuaded to move to Project Cars. Many people have excellent internet connections and it seems a shame not to be able to take advantage of that by increased field sizes. I was hoping they might be able to squeeze another handful of players in per race. Quite a few of the circuits in the great track selection are going to very lonely places for medium to long races with 16 spread thinly. For me multiclass racing will only be something I do offline or maybe 2 classes online at a push.

Is that an indication of how crap PS and XBox networks are for driving games? Mind you with the same for 16 bit PC's what is the bottleneck? Is it the masses of driving physics data being shared between connections? Not being up with PC specs is it likely anyone will be playing the game on 16 bit PC? (Edit) sorry my misread. I read 16 players for 16bit pc's!:dunce:

Last edited:
It's all down to the limitation of running p2p network gaming. Dedicated servers would increase the capacity in the lobbies.

Why are they not using Azure on Xbox One?

Best guess would be four-fold; one, the devs' engine creation system doesn't allow for that kind of programming (bearing in mind there are some small console-specific instructions in the compiling); two, they don't want that kind of imbalance between the console versions; thirdly, they didn't have the resources, time or money to develop the system (unlikely to get much help from MS); and finally, combining multiplayer and cloud computing at the same time would be too much pressure on creaky old copper wire internet connections.

The Azure servers are not all what they a cracked up to be anyways. I'll take people with good P2P internet over Azure any day.

The Azure servers are not all what they a cracked up to be anyways. I'll take people with good P2P internet over Azure any day.
What makes you say that? The only game i have played on them is Titanfall and it's easily the most lag free shooter i've played since online gaming began! Was hitting the Western Europe server at 23ms. Play the lastest COD or Battlefield and the lag is dreadful compared to Titanfall.

What makes you say that? The only game i have played on them is Titanfall and it's easily the most lag free shooter i've played since online gaming began! Was hitting the Western Europe server at 23ms. Play the lastest COD or Battlefield and the lag is dreadful compared to Titanfall.
I haven't experienced any lag on BF4 since I switched to 30/5 and used Ethernet...

Best guess would be four-fold; one, the devs' engine creation system doesn't allow for that kind of programming (bearing in mind there are some small console-specific instructions in the compiling); two, they don't want that kind of imbalance between the console versions; thirdly, they didn't have the resources, time or money to develop the system (unlikely to get much help from MS); and finally, combining multiplayer and cloud computing at the same time would be too much pressure on creaky old copper wire internet connections.

Are there any PS4 games which allow for dedicated servers?

Are there any PS4 games which allow for dedicated servers?
Developers can use dedicated servers on PS4, but Sony doesn't provide those servers and they have to use their own. Microsoft does offer dedicated servers to them. Don't know how much they cost, thought. Sometimes i hear it is free and sometimes i have read it cost much less than dedicated servers normally would.
Have you played Forza 5 MP? Cars jumping all over the place.
Could be the wrong server farm you have choosen or your console has connected too. In Titanfall you can choose them, but in forza the game does that for you. Correct me, if i am wrong. Anyway, it happens very rarely in my experience that cars lag in Forza 5.

Have you played Forza 5 MP? Cars jumping all over the place.
Forza 5 does not run on Azure the same way Titanfall did if at all, Titanfall was the first game to take advantage of the regional servers. You'l notice in Forza if from Britain you'l get put in with Americans, Aussie's, Italian etc etc...No wonder Cars are jumping all over the place which is nothing new to Forza happens in every version.

Last edited:
Back