Cars that look best in odd colors

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 965 comments
Still how is a Murcielago in an orange or green odd?

Ask @-Fred-, not me. If it was good enough at the start of the thread I don't see why it needs to be nitpicked all of sudden? Unless you really have a hard on for disagreeing with whatever @Neddo says. I don't see you going nuts over people posting Plum Crazy Plymouths which is basically an American version of the synonymous green British car.

End of the day is that orange or green - especially on those - are odd colours, no matter what car they're applied to. A green car is a green car.

Ehh, I was simply saying at the time that green looked better on the Murcielago than yellow.

But still, Ithaca Verde is an odd shade of green, it's light but rich at the same time. It might be associated with Lamborghini and as such does not look all that odd on one, but it's not an ordinary color nonetheless. Imagine what it must have been like in 1966 when the Miura came out.

SVX
End of the day is that orange or green - especially on those - are odd colours, no matter what car they're applied to. A green car is a green car.
Those colours would be odd if it wasn't for how common the colours were on Lamborghinis, it'd be like seeing a red Ferrari or a Midnight purple Nissan GTR. The colours are odd, sure, but... there's a fair amount of overexposure y'know?

Those colours would be odd if it wasn't for how common the colours were on Lamborghinis, it'd be like seeing a red Ferrari or a Midnight purple Nissan GTR. The colours are odd, sure, but... there's a fair amount of overexposure y'know?

Midnight Purple is odd. It's a colourshift colour on a high production Japanese sports car. And it was posted about a page or two ago with no protest. I don't understand the issue. Ignore @Neddo if you don't think his colours are odd enough instead of cluttering up the thread? No one seems to have an issue with anyone else here.

SVX
Ask @-Fred-, not me. If it was good enough at the start of the thread I don't see why it needs to be nitpicked all of sudden? Unless you really have a hard on for disagreeing with whatever @Neddo says. I don't see you going nuts over people posting Plum Crazy Plymouths which is basically an American version of the synonymous green British car.

When a car is produced in that colour in high volumes it is no means of odd. It is simple as that, if @Neddo likes to post pictures of supercars in their most original colour then I'm sure a thread out there which is more suited because this it wasn't the first time Neddo has done it in this thread.

When a car is produced in that colour in high volumes it is no means of odd. It is simple as that, if @Neddo likes to post pictures of supercars in their most original colour then I'm sure a thread out there which is more suited because this it wasn't the first time Neddo has done it in this thread.

You're thinking of rare. Cashmere Yellow was a popular colour for Subarus in the nineties as well, but that does not suddenly make a washed out yellow a regular colour. It's an odd colour for a car. Instead of picking on every single thing that Neddo posts like a hawk, I think you should ignore him - seems like most of your posts in this section is calling him out on something anyway.

So since white is rare for TVR I should post a whole bunch of white TVRs here? I would probably get called out for that too.
Then why didn't you complain before?

Seriously these kind of problems really deserve no relevance and I will delete any unodd combinations if you insist and stop posting them.

SVX
Midnight Purple is odd. It's a colourshift colour on a high production Japanese sports car.
Midnight Purple was a bad example, granted.
SVX
I don't understand the issue.
Well at 1st it was me wondering if something made the BRG XJ220 @Neddo posted made it odd, because it just seemed pretty common on a Jaguar. Now it seems to be debating the definition of odd.
SVX
Ignore @Neddo if you don't think his colours are odd enough instead of cluttering up the thread?
Again, I was legitimately asking what made BRG odd, a discussion sprung from that about the oddity of car colours. I have no issue with Neddo or what he posts, I just wanted clarification. But if that's cluttering the thread then... ok.
SVX
No one seems to have an issue with anyone else here.
I don't have an issue with anyone either.
SVX
You're thinking of rare. Cashmere Yellow was a popular colour for Subarus in the nineties as well, but that does not suddenly make a washed out yellow a regular colour. It's an odd colour for a car.
Isn't rarity a part of oddity?

Well at 1st it was me wondering if something made the BRG XJ220 @Neddo posted made it odd, because it just seemed pretty common on a Jaguar. Now it seems to be debating the definition of odd.

It's common, but an odd shade. I don't understand what manufacture exclusivity has to do with anything. The baby blue Porsches were posted a little while ago which is basically the same colour as French Blue on Bugattis - it's an odd colour, but if I posted it on a Bugatti, does that not make it odd anymore? It's not "odd combos" it's odd colours.

Again, I was legitimately asking what made BRG odd, a discussion sprung from that about the oddity of car colours. I have no issue with Neddo or what he posts, I just wanted clarification. But if that's cluttering the thread then... ok.

General comment. If you look back towards @Neddo's recent posts most have been challenged in some form.

Isn't rarity a part of oddity?

If it was a thread called "odd combos", sure.

SVX
It's common, but an odd shade. I don't understand what manufacture exclusivity has to do with anything. The baby blue Porsches were posted a little while ago which is basically the same colour as French Blue on Bugattis - it's an odd colour, but if I posted it on a Bugatti, does that not make it odd anymore? It's not "odd combos" it's odd colours.
Odd colours need a context though, I mean French blue is an odd colour on a Porsche because you wouldn't expect to see it on a Porsche, a Bugatti less so because it is a very Bugatti colour.
SVX
General comment. If you look back towards @Neddo's recent posts most have been challenged in some form.
True, and I have done a bit of the challenging but that was for clarification because I didn't understand what he meant with some of his statements.
SVX
If it was a thread called "odd combos", sure.
See above.

Odd colours need a context though, I mean French blue is an odd colour on a Porsche because you wouldn't expect to see it on a Porsche, a Bugatti less so because it is a very Bugatti colour.

I suppose in some sense - but it's an odd colour that works best on a car, no?

SVX
I suppose in some sense - but it's an odd colour that works best on a car, no?
Ehhhhh, kinda. As I said being odd surely depends on the car, regardless of whether the odd colour works or not.

Ehhhhh, kinda. As I said being odd surely depends on the car, regardless of whether the odd colour works or not.

That's fair enough. That can be up to your discretion. Same can be said what colour can be found odd - I've always found BRG a weird shade of green, other's may disagree. That's fine. But there's no need to really go "what's odd about that?!"

I see this one Impreza WR1 regularly near my work and it's not hard for me to admit that Ice Blue Metallic works so much better on the blobeye than WR Blue.

14100421213_fc147f7e71_b.jpg

15703.jpg

Greenish Air SVX. A one-off example, which debuted at the 29th Tokyo Motor Show, 1991.

green001.jpg

(green leather, mmm)

Retro fitted/painted on a production model. Actually is "Emerald Mist", a 2003 Infiniti Q45 color. Surprisingly factory looking.

attachment.php

attachment.php

1992_Buick_Skylark_2820.jpg

Of all the colors Buick offered on the 7th Gen Skylark GS, I personally think this Medium Aqua Metallic looks the best. Couple that with the bright red belt line trim and silver two-tone, and it makes the car at the very least more eye catching than the usual neutral or darker colors most cars seem to be.

i079790.jpg

While this silver isn't anything special, I find it odd more so because it has a black secondary tone, which looks a little weird. Also, it was the only color to have the black secondary as every other GS color had the light silver secondary tone as seen in the first picture.

Latest Posts

Back