Cars that look best in odd colors

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 965 comments
2003-04 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra in yellow.
2004_mustang_cobra_04.jpg

modified_2004_cobra_mustang.jpg

Also, Porsche 991.1 GT3 RS in orange:
22988_main_f.jpg

1-1511363998288@2x.jpg

Saw this on Instagram a few days ago. Hope it hasn’t been posted here already.

The E-Cell prototype may be influencing me, but I find it extraordinarily pleasing to the eye. Same might not be said for the normal SLS in this colour, though I’m intrigued to see how the SLS GT3 might look like in this colour with black or dark grey rims.

It’s a mystery how only 1 out of 350 SLS Black Series were painted in this colour. Is it because it’s not available to the customers?

Edit: A quick Google search seems to confirm my speculation. Out of the 7 factory colours I found, none are similar to the lime green above. Not sure if it can be commissioned as a special factory colour by a customer at an additional cost though.

Last edited:
Saw this on Instagram a few days ago. Hope it hasn’t been posted here already.

The E-Cell prototype may be influencing me, but I find it extraordinarily pleasing to the eye. Same might not be said for the normal SLS in this colour, though I’m intrigued to see how the SLS GT3 might look like in this colour with black or dark grey rims.

It’s a mystery how only 1 out of 350 SLS Black Series were painted in this colour. Is it because it’s not available to the customers?

Edit: A quick Google search seems to confirm my speculation. Out of the 7 factory colours I found, none are similar to the lime green above. Not sure if it can be commissioned as a special factory colour by a customer at an additional cost though.

While I do like myself a lime green car, the owner of that went a bit too far with painting pretty much everything green.

While I do like myself a lime green car, the owner of that went a bit too far with painting pretty much everything green.
I don’t know. I think the black-on-green combo isn’t really overdone on this car, and the most I would change is to paint the A/C vent surround or even the instrument cluster white, or maybe change the rims’ colour to a shade of metallic grey, but that’s it. The colour scheme may look like it comes out of a pair of Nike running shoes, but I think it fits the car’s overall shape.

I'm playing Gran Turismo 2...again. Anyway, I got reminded of the wonderful colors that the 1st Gen NSX came in.

I honestly love the yellows Honda had on their cars during the 90s.
114645_25_Years_of_Type_R_-_The_1991_NSX-R_NA1.jpg

e9h1xtdh5btz.jpg

8216a2cb-e166-4a48-802a-09aed86b0868

WHQWglNhSyqww-BZRBVWmw

Okay, I'm posting this one too because I also played GT4 a few days ago and saw the 1999 NSXs in this color.
117_968471.jpg

117_038218.jpg

Also, dark green on the earlier NSXs looked fantastic.
nsx-r-04.jpg

art-mg-hondansx07.jpg

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, this color is called Brooklands Green and it's absolutely stunning in the flesh.
Oh yeah. I think I read it being called that on one of the links I saw in google images. Nice!
----
Now if only I had the money to buy one.

It's a fairly rare color, too, according to the data sheet on NSXPrime. Only 260 of the 8997 that were sold in the US were green. Rarest of the rare would be Spa Yellow over tan leather, with only 6 examples known, 3 1997s and 3 1998s. The most popular color was obviously red, with black 2nd and silver 3rd.

I love Ametrin Metallic, there was one person who traded in a BRG Jaguar F-Pace for a BMW X5 M-Sport in Ametrin. Not the best lighting, but it looked great with the big wheel option.
117555596_10224226149780809_7337440210324133172_o.jpg

A friend of a co-worker just started recently at my work and he owns a B8 S4 in Imola Yellow. I've grown to like bright colors on cars now and I feel like it fits the S4 pretty well.
xxvUEcy.jpg

Not sure if I could really call the car itself looking good, but the color is fantastic and rather sad to hear that it's no longer offered. Riverside Blue Metallic on the BMW X6. It's now being replaced with Phytonic Blue, which is also a good color, but BMW's putting it on just about everything in their lineup. Such a shame this color didn't make it to any other BMW.
02%20Image%20-The%20all-new%20BMW%20X6-1591868140.jpg
side%20view%20BMW%20X6%20M50i%202020_1.jpg

Not a big fan of modern Ferraris usually, but this 599 GTO is glorious. While British Racing Green is not necessarily an odd color, it's not something you expect to see on these. They should stop offering the Scuderia shields, the cars look so much better without them.

Last edited:
Back