Cars that should have been in the game but weren't

  • Thread starter Thread starter SPEEDSTER SAM
  • 95 comments
  • 4,518 views
Messages
54
dont call me names if there is alredy a thread like this becaus "I HAVE USED THE SEARCH" but what cars do you think should have been on the game but wernt
 
Well, there probably is one, but resurrecting very old threads isn't too smart, so no worries. :)

Thinking realistically (not Lamborghinis, Porsches or Ferraris) I think these were left out but would be good to have in:

Audi Quattro S1 (one more Group B)
Dodge Charger Daytona (to rival the Superbird)
Ford Escort Mk I (just a legend)

No others at the moment, it seems I'm having a slight blackout. :D
 
The Classic Mini.

I'm aware it's in some versions (the Japanese one I think) but that's no good to me.
 
I believe what you're looking for is more or less this thread.
 
definatly they should hav every groub - b rally car !!!
how good would a grou b race event be
 
The street version of the Escort RS Cosworth, Citroen's Rally Raid Entry from Dakar, and GTPs from Ford, Toyota, Nissan among others.
 
I think that they could have included a fast and powerful Marcos, they got the Marcos license and a Marcos spokesman commented how much including their newer cars in a game like GT4 could do for the company, but all we got was the old Mini Marcos, I don't disslike that car, but when we could have had the TSO, you could even see Kaz testing some Marcos GT racers and high performance road cars like the Mantis and LM600, you get the idea.. Of all the companies in the game I think Marcos was the worst represented by far.
 
SPEEDSTER SAM
dont call me names if there is alredy a thread like this becaus "I HAVE USED THE SEARCH" but what cars do you think should have been on the game but wernt
Well you have to, rules aply to EVERYONE! now go to the GT5 section, and post there, theres atleast 10 threads JUST like this. This should be closed.
 
1973 Triumph GT6.jpgTriumph GT6
 
Master_Yoda
Well you have to, rules aply to EVERYONE! now go to the GT5 section, and post there, theres atleast 10 threads JUST like this. This should be closed.

Eh....it's a toss-up. I interpret this thread as more of a "how could PD miss this??" than "I hope PD puts this in the next game."

For example, my choices --

BMW E30 M3 -- How could they include the Mercedes-Benz E190 2.3 16 EvoII, the E30 M3's direct rival, and not include the M3? Not to mention the fact that four E46 M3's (five E46's if you count the ETCC car) is wholly unnecessary. :dunce:

Audi Sport Quattro and/or Audi Quattro S1 -- They include the ordinary Quattro, but not the Sport Quattro or the Group B rallycar? :dunce:

Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-X -- Okay, the Eagle Talon Esi (NA, FF base model) made it into the game, and the '95 Eclipse GT (turbo, FF model a.k.a. GS-T) made it as well. Where's the turbocharged AWD model?? Did we really need the NA Talon Esi instead of it? :dunce:

There are others, but my brain isn't cooperating at the moment, so I'll leave them for other members to mention...
 
I wish that Porsche had seen it clear to contract to the game. A proper line up of 911's and maybe the great endurance racers 906,908,917,956, 962....
 
I'm extremely biased. But they should have at least put in a SUPER Beetle on top of the standard from '49. Say perhaps they should have added a . . . .1979? Another thing I would have liked was if they added Corvairs. They basically were the reason why Ford adopted the mustang, and since GT4 has no damage, Ralph Nader doesn't apply here. And who doesn't like air-cooled rear engine RWD?
 
Master_Yoda
Well you have to, rules aply to EVERYONE! now go to the GT5 section, and post there, theres atleast 10 threads JUST like this. This should be closed.
First, he searched, and he probably didn't see the thread that was like this. So cut him some slack. And, o junior mod, the AUP tells you to not be hateful to people. You could've told him nicely to post in that thread.

To stay on subject, I think the cars that I really wanted to be in the game were the Pontiac Firebirds, and the G35 with the spoiler. Yeah, we have 2 G35s, both coupe and sedan, but they don't look nearly as good as one with the spoiler.
 
I guess... but it kinda gets really aboughing cause you see so MANY threads that have been posted before, and almost the same title.
 
Master_Yoda
... gets really aboughing cause ...
Gets what?

And I get really aboughed (?) about your pathetic use of the keyboard and the English language as a whole!

On-Topic - More cars from down-under would be appreciated. Clubsport R8 and the HSV Coupe's. Also some classics like the A9X and the GTHO, but to put those in might be asking a bit much.

Definately the later offerings from HSV and FPV though. 👍
 
I think the Vectors would have been nice,but i like the cars:).
 
PD included a 95' Eagle Talon (essentially a Chrysler-spec Mistubishi Eclipse). My problem: I wanted AWD (the old way of saying 4WD) damn it, not a carbon mechanical copy of an FF Eclipse! (Even more angry since you can convert 4WDs to FRs in GT4)

What I also miss: '63 Grand Sport Corvette

Now put in some AMC's and a Chevy Caviler
 
First, he searched, and he probably didn't see the thread that was like this. So cut him some slack. And, o junior mod, the AUP tells you to not be hateful to people. You could've told him nicely to post in that thread.

To stay on subject, I think the cars that I really wanted to be in the game were the Pontiac Firebirds, and the G35 with the spoiler. Yeah, we have 2 G35s, both coupe and sedan, but they don't look nearly as good as one with the spoiler.

I LOVE how M_Y gets owned everytime he tries to be authoritative! lol
 
kennythebomb
I LOVE how M_Y gets owned everytime he tries to be authoritative! lol

When is he not trying to be authoritative...? :lol:
 
Original Ford Falcon GT

Old School Monaros

Escorts and Cortinas

XJS

BENTLEYS FFS
 
Of all the cars that have been in GT before but wern't in GT4, I think the Venturi's would be the best to come back, also maybe add a couple more Pikes Peak cars and bring back the Pikes Peak, give them a purpose. The Vector's were good but nothing super special imo, the Espace F1 was a very interesting machine and with the updated physics model and a DFP, I'd have liked to have had a go in it.
 
Powerslide
Original Ford Falcon GT

Old School Monaros

Escorts and Cortinas

XJS

BENTLEYS FFS


Dude I am with you on the Escorts! I totally forgot how cool the '70's MKII etc were! I would also love to see the Cosworth Escort RS! Falcons were different here in the U.S. and I don't know the first thing about Monaros. Is that the car that Mad Max drove?
 
porsche carrera gt

mercedes c200 kompresor

civic coupe ( not hatchback ) (1992 / 1995 / 2004)

and the old grand prix cars
 
Lots of cars should be in GT4 but weren't, i'm getting de ja vue with this post, however to be social and because I enjoy saying them here is my $0.02.

Shelby Mustang GT500
A/C Cobra 289
BMW E39 M5
BMW E30 M3
VW Golf Mk 2 Gti
Fiat Punto GT Turbo (Original)
Tommy Kiaria ZZII-T
Jag XJS
Sauber C11
Sauber C291
Dauer Porsche 962
Ford Sierra RS500
Ford Escort RS Cosworth
Audi Quattro S1 Rally
RUF Rally Car
More Dakar Cars
VW Phaneton
There really are too many you know...
 
ford escorts, chevy chavalier, pontiac sunfire and ALL ford mustangs including all the shelby stangs

Just like in GT2 where they had so many Mustangs...auhhh, those were the days where I could race a Shelby mustang that was black with gold stripes...I miss that car of mine...:(

Edit - also the general lee and some old classic TV vehicles would have been nice too

more pontiacs, fords, aussie cars, dodges, cadillacs, chryslers, basically MORE american cars
 
daddy-o
... and I don't know the first thing about Monaros. Is that the car that Mad Max drove?
Not quite. That was a Ford Falcon.
 
ahhh...gotcha. It was cool. I did see on a board somewhere on the net a v-8 supercar for Bathurst built by Gary somebody. I like the looks of it but I only know that it had a honking big v-8 and incredibly wide slicks! If this game really ignored a cool series, its the V-8 supercars.
 
daddy-o
ahhh...gotcha. It was cool. I did see on a board somewhere on the net a v-8 supercar for Bathurst built by Gary somebody. I like the looks of it but I only know that it had a honking big v-8 and incredibly wide slicks! If this game really ignored a cool series, its the V-8 supercars.
Garry Rogers I would say.

There is an older V8 Supercar in GT4 - the Ford Falcon. Can't remember what year it is, about 2003 I think. It's in the Australian Ford dealership.

A Holden V8 Supercar would have been nice, if for no other reason than to give the Ford something to race against. A V8 Supercar series would have been a great addition! 👍
 
Back