Cars that should have been in the game but weren't

  • Thread starter Thread starter SPEEDSTER SAM
  • 95 comments
  • 4,541 views
gibus
What about if i'm talking design?

Where's the gt1? gt2? carrera rs?

I'm sorry, ruf isn't anything close to porsche, I consider it as a completely different car brand.

I'll put it this way. I DO want Porsche in it (the GT3 RS being one car I want in GT :drool: ) but I think RUF should be in there as well becuase I would like to be able to compare them both even if some would think it pointless. At the least you'd have the freedom of being able to decide just what you would have for yourself rather than having it predetermined, like say if PD were to scrap RUF if they did get Porsche, that would bum out some people becuase it would be good to have both.

Also the obvoius becuase I would like to take out a standard Porsche and even old vintage models such as the 356, and more moern cars like the GT1 and GT2.

If I'm not mistaken, RUF is technically a different company using Porsches as bases and/or if someone wants to improve their own Porsche, they can go to RUF to have their cars modifed, like a 996 911 to be upped to an RGT.

None the less, I just want both becuase I want to have the freedom of being able to try BOTH and being able to find what I would like better, at least in my opinion.

To branch off a bit, I think even though some people would think I was dropped on my head as a baby, to also keep of cousre every single car, even the Skylines, Lancers, RX-7s, Evos and so on. It's been beaten to DEATH that PD is a Japanese company and plus there's going to be a bias no matter what. Plus on one intance where I did actually bother to test 3 GTR 34s, they all behaved very differently from one another, and their times reflected that.

Then there's the NSX, I love both the NSX-R and the American spec 04' model, since to me at least they feel similar. Laptime wise it's a different story, but I like how the American spec car feels because it does feel similar to the striped out NSX-R, plus if the difference is anything, it' is a bit slower, though I'd still have it given it's left-hand-drive... I wish they brought the R to the states... oh well :(.

On that basis, you would figure all the more reason for them to NOT be in there, but here are two things I'm sure have already been said.

1- Lets say PD was in Ameirca, and they did a bias in American cars. How many threads would there be out on the several varants alone of the C5 Corvette that some sould complain all being the exact same? (even though over the years they were improved and made better... but that's just me...) Or say Germany? With Porsche infact, the varrants of the 911, espically if someone without even botherhing to check specs would complain that the 997 911's all look exaclty the same, the standard, the S's, the 2 and the 4's... blah yack, honk blarg...

If nothing else, for example the NSX and GTR's, at the least I found the freedom to actually find the difference between them even if some perform very similar or look the exact same. Much as I wished a number of cars were in GT4 like so many of us here (C6 Corvette, TVR Sagaris, Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe, Chevroelt Cobalt, Ferrari 360CS, any given Lambo, even the Rivelta Crinale...oh wait a second that's Ridge Racer...), they aren't, we can only hope for GT5, and even if so or not, be thankful at the least for what is there.

... that's enough out of me, later.
 
I was really dissapointed that they didn't have Corvairs. I mean the Monza and Corsa were one of the key reasons why Ford brought up the Mustang, which turned out to be of Corvairs' downfalls (along with Nader).
 
R_Riders
I'll put it this way. I DO want Porsche in it (the GT3 RS being one car I want in GT :drool: ) but I think RUF should be in there as well becuase I would like to be able to compare them both even if some would think it pointless. At the least you'd have the freedom of being able to decide just what you would have for yourself rather than having it predetermined, like say if PD were to scrap RUF if they did get Porsche, that would bum out some people becuase it would be good to have both.

Also the obvoius becuase I would like to take out a standard Porsche and even old vintage models such as the 356, and more moern cars like the GT1 and GT2.

If I'm not mistaken, RUF is technically a different company using Porsches as bases and/or if someone wants to improve their own Porsche, they can go to RUF to have their cars modifed, like a 996 911 to be upped to an RGT.

None the less, I just want both becuase I want to have the freedom of being able to try BOTH and being able to find what I would like better, at least in my opinion.

To branch off a bit, I think even though some people would think I was dropped on my head as a baby, to also keep of cousre every single car, even the Skylines, Lancers, RX-7s, Evos and so on. It's been beaten to DEATH that PD is a Japanese company and plus there's going to be a bias no matter what. Plus on one intance where I did actually bother to test 3 GTR 34s, they all behaved very differently from one another, and their times reflected that.

Then there's the NSX, I love both the NSX-R and the American spec 04' model, since to me at least they feel similar. Laptime wise it's a different story, but I like how the American spec car feels because it does feel similar to the striped out NSX-R, plus if the difference is anything, it' is a bit slower, though I'd still have it given it's left-hand-drive... I wish they brought the R to the states... oh well :(.

On that basis, you would figure all the more reason for them to NOT be in there, but here are two things I'm sure have already been said.

1- Lets say PD was in Ameirca, and they did a bias in American cars. How many threads would there be out on the several varants alone of the C5 Corvette that some sould complain all being the exact same? (even though over the years they were improved and made better... but that's just me...) Or say Germany? With Porsche infact, the varrants of the 911, espically if someone without even botherhing to check specs would complain that the 997 911's all look exaclty the same, the standard, the S's, the 2 and the 4's... blah yack, honk blarg...

If nothing else, for example the NSX and GTR's, at the least I found the freedom to actually find the difference between them even if some perform very similar or look the exact same. Much as I wished a number of cars were in GT4 like so many of us here (C6 Corvette, TVR Sagaris, Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe, Chevroelt Cobalt, Ferrari 360CS, any given Lambo, even the Rivelta Crinale...oh wait a second that's Ridge Racer...), they aren't, we can only hope for GT5, and even if so or not, be thankful at the least for what is there.

... that's enough out of me, later.

Trust me, I do not want the RUF's to disapear in the next game. If I ever mentionned it, I'll slap myself twice for saying it.

I don't know about you, but I find most porsches way more attractive than the RUF's they gave us in GT4. The RGT, the CTR and the 3400 S, seriously.. I don't find them beautiful at all. On the other hand, I'm a huge Porsche fan, since a long time. I find a simple carrera way more beautiful than the RGT, or the CTR, not even talking about the convertible 3400 S.

Seriously, you know how cool it would be to have all the 911's? It would be so incredibly cool! I don't think I'll buy a PS3 nor GT5 if they don't have some really famous supoercar/sports car brands. I don't see the point, really. A tonne of European beauties have been replaced by some turdy Korean city cars. I understand they might have had trouble to get the license from the Car makers, but it's a racing game, and I don't really see the point in racing without my favourite cars. Imagine racing an F 40 vs. 959. Wouldn't you enjoy that? The closest you can get is taking a Cizetta (sp?) versus a RGT. Not really the same isn't it.

I understand that depending on where you come from you'd rather have some cars etc & on my side, I don't get the point of having so many Skylines. The only two I ever drove was the most expensive one and the 89' one to complete the 80's championships. Of course, I don't really have any special interest in Japanese cars.

As I said it's easy to forget some cars, but the most mythical cars... come on, scrape your pockets and get those licenses & remove some of the really useless cars.. some of those small city cars are usefull, but there is no way I needed this amount of them. Again this is just my opinion.
 
gibus
Trust me, I do not want the RUF's to disapear in the next game. If I ever mentionned it, I'll slap myself twice for saying it.

I don't know about you, but I find most porsches way more attractive than the RUF's they gave us in GT4. The RGT, the CTR and the 3400 S, seriously.. I don't find them beautiful at all. On the other hand, I'm a huge Porsche fan, since a long time. I find a simple carrera way more beautiful than the RGT, or the CTR, not even talking about the convertible 3400 S.

Seriously, you know how cool it would be to have all the 911's? It would be so incredibly cool! I don't think I'll buy a PS3 nor GT5 if they don't have some really famous supoercar/sports car brands. I don't see the point, really. A tonne of European beauties have been replaced by some turdy Korean city cars. I understand they might have had trouble to get the license from the Car makers, but it's a racing game, and I don't really see the point in racing without my favourite cars. Imagine racing an F 40 vs. 959. Wouldn't you enjoy that? The closest you can get is taking a Cizetta (sp?) versus a RGT. Not really the same isn't it.

I understand that depending on where you come from you'd rather have some cars etc & on my side, I don't get the point of having so many Skylines. The only two I ever drove was the most expensive one and the 89' one to complete the 80's championships. Of course, I don't really have any special interest in Japanese cars.

As I said it's easy to forget some cars, but the most mythical cars... come on, scrape your pockets and get those licenses & remove some of the really useless cars.. some of those small city cars are usefull, but there is no way I needed this amount of them. Again this is just my opinion.

Ah, okay, and yeah, it would be very cool to have all the 911's, we would be I'm certain (I mean, again, if we had people going on about the Skylines, RX-7's, NSX's and so on, would I really be crazy to suggest if say we did have all the 911's, we would be having people going about how they are all the same even before trying any of them?), some people will first go yay to them finally being in there (along with various other Porsches), again, not that I'll care too much becuase they'll be in there:D and hopefully recreated digitaly in the game well.

I do see what you mean though, trust me on this, ever since GT1 I was wondering why some cars were not in it (Such as in GT1 how they talked about the ZR-1 when talking about the other C4 vettes but wasn't in it, it was in GT2... 'YAY!'... was not in GT3...'BOO!' ...but then they had the Z06 which is in a lot of ways better...and it's back again in GT4 'YAY!'), and yeah, I get what you mean, the Ciettza (something tells me I'm nowhere near spelling it right myself), from what I've been able to dug up is something unique I guess, never gave it much of a drive, didn't really care, that might change soon though.

I think I will now along some other cars I was surprised at how they performed. I do get what you mean though becuase for a long time I wanted... still do want the Ferrari F40... and the F50 and F60 Enzo (and Corvette C6 Z06 and Viper SRT-Coupe, and CTS-V and...).

A thing is though (And something tells me you do know this) somehow in some way neary if not every car appeals to someone somewhere in the world in some significant way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is all else I can say to that, it's an obvious I'm certain unless we say wind up with something of GT3 or even GT1 for the PS3, we will have just about every car if not every single car from GT4 into GT5, and to take away some cars, someone will notice, and say something about it.

I'm a broken record but I'll say it, I'd figure, keep every car, and add more, I really want some of the more said companies to be in GT to be in there (Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Koeeeneeeeiiiissiiieegh... Koenisigen... screw it... Koenigsegg, etc), someone may say too many cars, I don't think so, just me...and that's it from me.

Till later.
 
Has anyone noticed something about this game, too??? The more you play the game, the more you get cars that were not available to purchase and you didn't win them in your garage?? They just show up under the manufacturer of the car. But I have been getting race cars and touring cars that were never there before and I never won them in my garage.

Am I going mad or has anyone noticed this???
 
Ermac26
Has anyone noticed something about this game, too??? The more you play the game, the more you get cars that were not available to purchase and you didn't win them in your garage?? They just show up under the manufacturer of the car. But I have been getting race cars and touring cars that were never there before and I never won them in my garage.

Am I going mad or has anyone noticed this???
It's the samthing the wole way through, you always have the same options from 0%-100%
 
R_Riders
I mean, again, if we had people going on about the Skylines, RX-7's, NSX's and so on, would I really be crazy to suggest if say we did have all the 911's, we would be having people going about how they are all the same even before trying any of them?

All of the 911s -- various generations of a car, having evolved and changed over the years.
All of the R34 Skylines -- various trim levels of the same exact car.
All of the FD RX-7s -- various trim levels of the same exact car.
All of the NSXs -- actually, there weren't that many of them.
 
R_Riders
Ah, okay, and yeah, it would be very cool to have all the 911's, we would be I'm certain (I mean, again, if we had people going on about the Skylines, RX-7's, NSX's and so on, would I really be crazy to suggest if say we did have all the 911's, we would be having people going about how they are all the same even before trying any of them?), some people will first go yay to them finally being in there (along with various other Porsches), again, not that I'll care too much becuase they'll be in there:D and hopefully recreated digitaly in the game well.

I do see what you mean though, trust me on this, ever since GT1 I was wondering why some cars were not in it (Such as in GT1 how they talked about the ZR-1 when talking about the other C4 vettes but wasn't in it, it was in GT2... 'YAY!'... was not in GT3...'BOO!' ...but then they had the Z06 which is in a lot of ways better...and it's back again in GT4 'YAY!'), and yeah, I get what you mean, the Ciettza (something tells me I'm nowhere near spelling it right myself), from what I've been able to dug up is something unique I guess, never gave it much of a drive, didn't really care, that might change soon though.

I think I will now along some other cars I was surprised at how they performed. I do get what you mean though becuase for a long time I wanted... still do want the Ferrari F40... and the F50 and F60 Enzo (and Corvette C6 Z06 and Viper SRT-Coupe, and CTS-V and...).

A thing is though (And something tells me you do know this) somehow in some way neary if not every car appeals to someone somewhere in the world in some significant way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is all else I can say to that, it's an obvious I'm certain unless we say wind up with something of GT3 or even GT1 for the PS3, we will have just about every car if not every single car from GT4 into GT5, and to take away some cars, someone will notice, and say something about it.

I'm a broken record but I'll say it, I'd figure, keep every car, and add more, I really want some of the more said companies to be in GT to be in there (Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Koeeeneeeeiiiissiiieegh... Koenisigen... screw it... Koenigsegg, etc), someone may say too many cars, I don't think so, just me...and that's it from me.

Till later.

It's good to know we are on the same track & as I said, there is always a car that people are going to love, so I see no reason why they should remove all the Skylines since many many people just love them all. What I don't understand though, is how they call it the "real driving simulator" without having the most mythical cars of the 20th century. Ok it's cool how they've built this physically, it's a great game don't get me wrong, but myself as an European/North American feel that there are so many mythical cars missing. I have more fun on the new Xbox 360 driving the racing game.. what ever it's called in the local shopping maul with a Ferrari 288 GTO than i've ever had in playing GT4. It's all about what you are driving, really. Would you enjoy GT4 if every car had a Fiat Panda body but different performances? I would have never even considered the game!

I just want to have more cars from around here, and be able to inter-compare them!

Yeeey to me, going to the car show Friday & Saturday, with some friends working at the Maserati & Ferrari stand so I'll get in:D

Did you guys hear about the new Pagani? Complete carbon body.. looks sweet can't wait to touch it!
 
if we remember the discution about gt4 vs trd3...
gt4=driving simulator
trd3=racing simulator
if you want any race car... you will find it in trd3...
i we want any stock car... if is american car.. you are asking too much cuz us have more manufacturers than other countryes...
if is an european car... there are some cars absent...

the moder or admins can create a thread to vote to show it later to "gt creators" and they decide...
for example
you put the country first, the manufacturer second, the model third and the year fourth...
later they count the votes and show it to everyone
 
Many people hate the fact that people want Ferrari's in the game, one of which referred to them as ''penis extensions''. I would like to see some exotics for once, those cars really give you a since of feel. I mean I am not one to really like exotic cars but Ferrari's, Porsche's, Lamborghini's, Maserati's, those cars should really be in there. I don't mean like every single car known to man, I am a fan of race cars, and that is what I would want out of those companies.

When I saw the list for GT4 like a year or 2 ago they had Ferrari on there and I saw the 550 Prodrive Maranello. If there is any car I want more from Ferrari, that is the one. And the Maserati MC12 Race Car from ALMS (American Le Mans Series), that car would be amazing to drive, then the Lamborghini Murciélago Race Car from ALMS, that would be a great car to be driving, and the Zonda Race Car, the real one they had in Le Mans, it is on Forza as far as I know, but GT only has a fantasy Zonda and personally it doesn't look that great or as good as the real life racing one, but that Zonda Race Car would really be a great car to drive, and then lastly the Porsche Race Cars. I mean those cars really have amazing sounding engines and I would always love to be playing a GT game and be staring at the back of any of those cars, hearing their exotic engines scream at high rpms.
 
karras85
if we remember the discution about gt4 vs trd3...
gt4=driving simulator
trd3=racing simulator
if you want any race car... you will find it in trd3...
i we want any stock car... if is american car.. you are asking too much cuz us have more manufacturers than other countryes...
if is an european car... there are some cars absent...

the moder or admins can create a thread to vote to show it later to "gt creators" and they decide...
for example
you put the country first, the manufacturer second, the model third and the year fourth...
later they count the votes and show it to everyone
Japan and US have about the same amount of Manufactures.
 
Master_Yoda
Japan and US have about the same amount of Manufactures.

Not to mention that most of the u.s. manufacturers in the game are either Japanese, or tuner companies. I'm also willing to wager that none of the u.s. manufacturers have more than 10 cars.
 
ok then...
but backing of the top of the theme...
about the votaton of the most requested cars...
someone can administrate that...
i think is not a bad idea...
 
The obvious car missing is the Bugatti Veyron, its the fastest production car in the world!

Some Nobles would be good, Maseritis and Rolls Royces would be good for sheer style alone...

and the Robin Reliant (P.S. I'm not mad)
 
lambo mercialago ,lambo mercialago roadster, lambo gallardo, ferrari testarosa(looks like the cizeta alot!), ferrari f40 and f50, ferrari 550 marranello, ferrari 360 modena, ferrari 475(replacement for maranello), ferrari enzo, and ferrari dino. and the porsche carrara, carrera gt, 911, 979. but think of the money they'd have to spend! lol
 
profet of jebus
lambo mercialago ,lambo mercialago roadster, lambo gallardo, ferrari testarosa(looks like the cizeta alot!), ferrari f40 and f50, ferrari 550 marranello, ferrari 360 modena, ferrari 475(replacement for maranello), ferrari enzo, and ferrari dino. and the porsche carrara, carrera gt, 911, 979. but think of the money they'd have to spend! lol
And look at the money they have!
 
no tcs needed
The obvious car missing is the Bugatti Veyron, its the fastest production car in the world!

Some Nobles would be good, Maseritis and Rolls Royces would be good for sheer style alone...

and the Robin Reliant (P.S. I'm not mad)
You have offically gone crazy lol, anyway there should of been more TVR and Jaguars in game.
 
TVR&Ferrari_Fan
You have offically gone crazy lol, anyway there should of been more TVR and Jaguars in game.
Would be nice. a Speed 12 with controlable handling.
 
I think that more tuner cars are missing,a few Supras wound hurt,also the abarth group among the tuners,especcialy Fiat 1000 TCR!Also Opel Kadett C,Manta,Ascona and simmilar!
 
The ford escort cosworth (i know the WRC is there but id prefer the whaletailed beast) and also some other escorts, RS turbo,Mk1 RS2000,stuff like that, maybe even the mk6 escort RS2000 (only cos i have that one)
 
Master_Yoda
Would be nice. a Speed 12 with controlable handling.

Bugger all wrong with the Speed 12 handling in GT4, its a tricky car, but as long as you are gentle with the throttle in the lower gears its a blast.

Evo magazine in the UK drove a Speed 12 and said that the lower gears required very, very careful throttle control. The real thing is not regarded an as an easy car to drive (Peter Wheeler himself stated the reason that it was not put into road car production was that its was far to extreme), then again 800+bhp in a one tonne car with no driver aids should require a lot of respect.

Regards

Scaff
 
Scaff
Bugger all wrong with the Speed 12 handling in GT4, its a tricky car, but as long as you are gentle with the throttle in the lower gears its a blast.

Evo magazine in the UK drove a Speed 12 and said that the lower gears required very, very careful throttle control. The real thing is not regarded an as an easy car to drive (Peter Wheeler himself stated the reason that it was not put into road car production was that its was far to extreme), then again 800+bhp in a one tonne car with no driver aids should require a lot of respect.

Regards

Scaff
I guess... But isn't there a race with a good bit of downforce? Would be nice, i would like...
 
I can normally say that there aren't cars in GT games that "should have been in GT." If a car doesn't make it into GT, there are always alternatives. This pick is going to get some people like "you chose THIS as your pick? Are you crazy?"... but if I had to choose a car that should have been in the game or would have been nice to see, I'd say the Scion tC. It would easily be the best pick for anyone into the Scion brand. It was also a car I'd have as a personal tuner. It would be up there with my Corvette C5 ZO6, Honda Odyssey, Dodge Viper, Mini Cooper, 1969 Camaro SS, and many more as personal tuner cars in GT4.

I will also agree the older Mini Cooper would have been nice, though I also like the newer Mini. Maybe the Marcos LM600 Race cars from the past decade would be nice too. I've only read the first page. So from Post #7 (by Live4speed), you mentioned PD having the Marcos license, but they also have the Bentley license. Wouldn't it have been surprising to see the extremely heavy Bentleys?

My last pick is a radical one... just about any Radical. I only wanted to mention ONE car, and look what you all made me do! >_<
 
Master_Yoda
I guess... But isn't there a race with a good bit of downforce? Would be nice, i would like...

A race car version of the Speed 12 did exist, mainly competing in the British GT championship.

TVR08.jpg


I did however have to run with restrictors in place limiting it to 660bhp, so quite a bit down on the road car and was still known as a bit of a handfull.

However you can slap a wing on the road car and tweak it into a degree of behaviour, thry these settings and see what you think.


TVR Speed 12 set-up


Regards

Scaff
 
Scaff
A race car version of the Speed 12 did exist, mainly competing in the British GT championship.

TVR08.jpg


I did however have to run with restrictors in place limiting it to 660bhp, so quite a bit down on the road car and was still known as a bit of a handfull.

However you can slap a wing on the road car and tweak it into a degree of behaviour, thry these settings and see what you think.


TVR Speed 12 set-up




Regards

Scaff
Thank you, but one thing, i can't play GT4 cause my PS2 is ****ed >.<
 
Master_Yoda
Thank you, but one thing, i can't play GT4 cause my PS2 is ****ed >.<

Now that does suck.

:ouch:

Scaff
 
whatupdet
Nissan Maxima
Audi S8
Audi A8
Lincoln LS
McLaren F1 (I'm pretty sure it's different from the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car but I could be wrong)
You're right.

The GTR Longtail in GT4 is more of a...stretched F1 chassis.
I'm glad though the number of folks who have asked why there weren't more McLarens is only down to 1.

BTW, use some common sense people. The Veyron came out after GT4 and if PD would not pay to have Ferrari or the others in, what makes you think Bugatti would give it to 'em for less?
 
Back