Cars uncustomizable?/Update: check post 1 to get some taste of what it should've been

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 345 comments
  • 28,147 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following GTPlanet for quite sometime and I am sick and tired of this fanbase that complains and complains. It's no end. They act like they are entitled to something. When did PD promise what YOU guys wanted? They made it the way THEY WANT IT. Perhaps, if you told them this years ago, it wouldn't have happened. What's that? You can't? Then stop complaining! Why do people look at things a game is missing rather than what it includes. It's like you give them more and more and yet they ask for more and more. Do you want the game to make you breakfast too?
You have just created an account to say that BS?
It´s BS what you are saying!

People have the right to hope that the game fill their´s expectations.
You don´t have the right to come here and start typing bullcrap like this.

If you don´t like what they are saying, just change the thread you are reading.

STFU!
 
Because it's hilarious and wrong.

My god this forum really has degenerated in a few years! Wrong? What is up with these guys? Why do you think lighter wheels are so important? To look good?
 
You know after 5-6 years of development, and after hearing Kaz say that the project was equivalent to that of the Apollo Project, most fans only expected perfection. Some of us (myself included) expected to have all the features from GT4 and THEN SOME. I expected the customization especially to be more detailed this time. So for you people who think this is trivial, PLEASE understand where WE were when it came to our expectations.

What were your expectations? You all are complaining about small issues and are now blowing it way out of proportion. This game has way more features than GT4. Interiors arent an actual "feature", especially when you all are complaining for them not being there in standard cars.
 
This could be an insight into what could be done. If so, I'd be more than chuffed :D
suzuki-cappuccino-hp-tuned.JPG

Ugh, I really wanted to like this car but the steering angle was something I couldn't get used to.
 
Oh my God, wtf. Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't think these people were skilled if you saw this photo?
Drifting42-vi.jpg




👍 :lol:
nope probably crashed right after that pic...... Oh and WOW GT5 TOTAL LET DOWN... i hope sony gets some one else to make GT6 i think PD is washed up now.
 
You have just created an account to say that BS?
It´s BS what you are saying!

People have the right to hope that the game fill their´s expectations.
You don´t have the right to come here and start typing bullcrap like this.

If you don´t like what they are saying, just change the thread you are reading.

STFU!

He actually has a point. There is too much complaining here on this forum.
 
dude I used to love the Road Rash series up to Road Rash 3D on PS1.
 
dude I used to love the Road Rash series up to Road Rash 3D on PS1.

Road Rash on PS1 just sucked man. I didn't really fall for it as much as i fell for the classic road rash. I mean just listen to the music. It unbelievable.
 
road rash 3d had Sugar Ray and some other pretty neat songs. I was like 12 years old. That game was a lot of fun for what it was.
 
This could be an insight into what could be done. If so, I'd be more than chuffed :D
suzuki-cappuccino-hp-tuned.JPG

That's the Cappuccino from GT5P isn't it, and it's marked with RM on the car list. If that's what an RM car looks like, don't you think it's more likely you can't make a car like that yourself?
 
That's the Cappuccino from GT5P isn't it, and it's marked with RM on the car list. If that's what an RM car looks like, don't you think it's more likely you can't make a car like that yourself?

Im pretty sure its says tune in GT5P.
 
That's the Cappuccino from GT5P isn't it, and it's marked with RM on the car list. If that's what an RM car looks like, don't you think it's more likely you can't make a car like that yourself?
#

Perhaps, or maybe it's just what you can do to RM Premium cars. Or maybe it's front/rear/extension mods. Idk, I can only but hope..

All the evidence is pointing to it pretty much.. Enlarged wheels, Gran Turismo banner, Carbon Fiber hood.. :P
 
Im pretty sure its says tune in GT5P.

Yes it does, and?
Most if not all TUNED cars from GT5P seem to be on the GT5 car list with RM next to their name.


My god this forum really has degenerated in a few years! Wrong? What is up with these guys? Why do you think lighter wheels are so important? To look good?

I know light wheels make a difference. I also know they aren't the most important thing you can do to a car.
 
I think you would love me if i were involved in the gt5 online world, im very famous organizer of cruises, photoshoots, car modding in forza 3 world. You fanboys really miss something.

Nah, I wouldn't. Enjoy Forza.

It's just a shame because the wheels are logically one of the most important things to tune on a car, especially when the originals are heavy, skinny little things. Is it really much to ask? To just have a decade-old feature, one of the most basic and important modifications upgraded just a littel bit over 6 years, instead of taken away?

Never has changing your wheels affected your overall weight in any of the GT games. Thus, not having a real performance affect. They were always for looks only.
 
Threads like this make me want to bash my head into a wall over and over again until I'm out cold. Yes, I would have loved a livery editor but GT5 decided to spend their time adding content I care FAR more about than hand painting pretty flowers and polka dots on my car.
 
Never has changing your wheels affected your overall weight in any of the GT games. Thus, not having a real performance affect. They were always for looks only.

But isnt GT "The Real Driving Simulator"? Alot of "Games" that people talk down on have considered the fact that changing the rotating inertia mechanically conected to the engine, area of the contact patch on the ground and amount of tyre wall effects the performance of the car for years, why cant the creators "The Real Driving Simulator" understand these concepts? Afterall I thought they had extensive racing and car modification experience?

As much as I hate to say it, GT5 is starting to look alot like sony just told them to release another title and PDs hearts werent really in it. Actually, Im starting to consider GT5 as more of a GT6P.
 
Livery editors are kind of a double edged sword, on one hand you have serious people who want to make something special, and is more or less fitting for the circumstances ( as in race liveries ) but on the other hand, you have the much larger pot of people who find it alot more fun to just make random shapes, hello kitty and all time favorite, mr. dick.

While wheels would have been nice, it's nowhere near game breaking. Hell, it's hardly noticeable if you play the game for the car feel, more so than how posh your rims look, or how much that pearlesence shine and sparkle. I can only imagine the time it would take to make full customizeable options for 800+ cars, up to PD standards. Even 200+ cars should keep the fancy up for quite some time. Im sure not all can be customized with paint and such. After all,some are finished tricked out cars from the get go.

Focus on the nice things, if people are still so sad and disapointed about the game after playing it in good weeks time, complain then. Let's face it, we don't really know that much about the full features yet. A few, Very few, leaked videos in a low quality hardly puts justice to all the amazing work PD has put into this title.

Looking forward to checking out all the gadgets and blips and blops for Premiums,and be happy that those are at least fully tricked out.
 
But isnt GT "The Real Driving Simulator"? Alot of "Games" that people talk down on have considered the fact that changing the rotating inertia mechanically conected to the engine, area of the contact patch on the ground and amount of tyre wall effects the performance of the car for years, why cant the creators "The Real Driving Simulator" understand these concepts? Afterall I thought they had extensive racing and car modification experience?

As much as I hate to say it, GT5 is starting to look alot like sony just told them to release another title and PDs hearts werent really in it. Actually, Im starting to consider GT5 as more of a GT6P.

:banghead::banghead:

Oh for :censored:s sake! It's a GAME. The ammount of content they have added to this game is HUGE and they are already pushing the PS3 to the max.

We've got over 1,000 cars! NASCAR, SuperGT, Karts, Rally racing, rain, snow, wind, WITH dynamic changes, day/night cycles, temperature and elevation variations that affect tyre performance(and engine performance as well I believe), A RANDOM TRACK GENERATOR!, the most detailed interiors I have ever seen in my life in premium cars, the best physics to ever grace console drivers, a whole crapload of events including NASCAR, Top Gear, Rally with Loeb, ect. ect. ect.

There is only so much one company can do. Especially one the size of PD. They have literally traveled to every corner of the globe in search of accurate car data. Entered real racing events to better get a feel for what the real thing is like to perfect the game. Yet despite all that, 60 MILLION dollars later, here we all sit accusing Kaz and his team of not giving it their all. I hate to get preachy but you people really should be ashamed of yourselves. Yes, complainging here and again that car x or y isn't on the list or track z that you really wanted to see is one thing but saying stupid garbage like this is just rediculous and taking a look at all of the content we are getting, those accusations make absolutely no sense at all.
 
Although the OP's grammar and english are terrible I believe he does not like the options available for standard cars.

I concur. However! I'm hoping that the options that are available for the premium cars are going to blow us away. At the end of the day I'm really looking forward to driving the premium cars more than anything else.

We can whine and cry and complain about what's not in the game but let's face it, we're all going to radiate towards the nearest gaming store on Nov 24 like zombies and buy the game anyway and play it till our eyes are dried out and bloodshot, so what's the difference at this point?
 
What were your expectations? You all are complaining about small issues and are now blowing it way out of proportion. This game has way more features than GT4. Interiors arent an actual "feature", especially when you all are complaining for them not being there in standard cars.

I don't think i'm blowing it out of proportion at all. When a game has been in development for over 5 years, you would think it would be EPIC. When the creator of the game itself mentions that developing for it is similar to that of going to the moon, you would think the game is going to be EPIC. But I think Kaz/PD/Sony is to blame for setting these expections. All the hype during interviews, and the false advertising is to blame. They always implicitly tell you that all 1000+ cars are customizable but OBVIOUSLY that is not the case.

AND, i'd just like to put this out but i'm all about having a little personality in my vehicles. Some could care less but changing a wheel on a vehicle does WONDERS to its look. Call it what you want, this was in GT4 so I EXPECTED this to be in GT5 for ALL CARS.
 
There is only so much one company can do.

Especially one the size of PD.

Entered real racing events to better get a feel for what the real thing is like to perfect the game.

60 MILLION dollars later

And you say its unreasonable for us to expect what other companys have been getting right for the best part of 10 years before wasting resources adding stupid noveltys like volkswagon jeep and bus? Cmon dude.
We are talking about something that would take about 3 hours for a team as skilled as we all believe PD are.

For SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS, We should be getting alot more product than we are. I suspect most of this 60 million was spent funding kaz's racing hobby. Not producing the game.
 
And you say its unreasonable for us to expect what other companys have been getting right for the best part of 10 years before wasting resources adding stupid noveltys like volkswagon jeep and bus? Cmon dude.
We are talking about something that would take about 3 hours for a team as skilled as we all believe PD are.

For SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS, We should be getting alot more product than we are. I suspect most of this 60 million was spent funding kaz's racing hobby. Not producing the game.

Yes you know, the employees payrolls, licences payments, Assets like computers and other things comes for free :dunce:💡
 
For SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS, We should be getting alot more product than we are. I suspect most of this 60 million was spent funding kaz's racing hobby. Not producing the game.

I read some articles stating over $80M.
 
Yes it does, and?
Most if not all TUNED cars from GT5P seem to be on the GT5 car list with RM next to their name.

Some cars like the Viper and Evo X don't have RM versions in GT5, yet were tuned cars in GT5P. Maybe Racing Mod is just a huge weight deduction and some decals/liveries. Maybe body kits are just separate from Racing Mods? Who knows, but it seems like you can have a body kit without having a race mod.
 
I don't think i'm blowing it out of proportion at all. When a game has been in development for over 5 years, you would think it would be EPIC. When the creator of the game itself mentions that developing for it is similar to that of going to the moon, you would think the game is going to be EPIC. But I think Kaz/PD/Sony is to blame for setting these expections. All the hype during interviews, and the false advertising is to blame. They always implicitly tell you that all 1000+ cars are customizable but OBVIOUSLY that is not the case.

AND, i'd just like to put this out but i'm all about having a little personality in my vehicles. Some could care less but changing a wheel on a vehicle does WONDERS to its look. Call it what you want, this was in GT4 so I EXPECTED this to be in GT5 for ALL CARS.


I dont think PD made any "false advertising". All of their info was never misleading. And not only that, but you havent even played the game yet to deem that it would be anything less than spectacular.
 
Most likely, a pretty big % of that money chunk is thrown at the car manufacturers to even be able to keep all the cars they have, yet alone add new once. Licences aint cheap, nor is everything else. Overall, it's alot of money. No one can say anthing else. Though I couldn't think of anyone else id rather pay to make a perfect driving experience.

Compare those numbers to other games, im sure they are quite above average, in return you have a game QUITE above average as well. This aint a game played for 6 hours and then thrown in the bin, after all.
 
I want customization I want to personalize my cars 6 YEARS AND I CANT DO THAT!
we dont have cockpit view so we will have to look at the car!
 
I dont think PD made any "false advertising". All of their info was never misleading. And not only that, but you havent even played the game yet to deem that it would be anything less than spectacular.

Hey I'm not doubting that it's not going to be spectactular. Hell, i'm just as excited as the next person! All i'm saying is that PD have already set these expectations by NOT saying that we couldn't customize the Standard cars.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/

Check the link above. But of course they wouldn't say that only 200+ are available for full customization, and only 200+ are available in Photo mode. It's just VERY disappointing to find out some of my favourite cars that are 'standard' are merely an after-thought.
 
I want customization I want to personalize my cars 6 YEARS AND I CANT DO THAT!

Learn to model. Then learn to do it up to PD standard. Now optimize everything so that it wont screw the 60fps. Now make it run optimal with every possible color combination, have no jagged edges. Make sure the surface recieve correct lighting in all conditions. Snow and dirt accumilate at right spots. Do a couple of diffrent things for each standard car. Now do it to 800 more. Say you can push out maby one part a day, which would need another few days to bug test, and optimize. Rinse repeat.

If you think you can do the above, im sure PD would love your resume. If you on your own can do the above, in under 6 years, up to PD standard and under constant deadline presure, go for it :sly:

Let's face it, they are not exactly people who make easy stuff. Stuff takes time, even though everyone makes it sound so insane easy. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back