Cars you miss from GT1-3, and hope will be in GT5

The Chapparrals from GT4,

'87 R31 GTS-R
5u1hll.jpg

R30 Silhouette. It's a skyline. It's terrific:

edit - This too:
TVR2.jpg

[R] TVR Griffith (Love this)

This thread is awesome. Anyone who complains about the inclusion of 800 standard cars "ruining the game" needs to be led here for treatment:
ludovico.jpg

Last edited:
and I think the game should delocalise, and go back to original market names...
no more Mitsubishi 3000GT, but Mitsubishi GTO
Daihatsu Cuore = Daihatsu Mira; Daihatsu Sirion = Daihatsu Storia; pre '05 Lexus GS = Toyota Aristo; pre '05 Lexus IS = Toyota Altezza; pre '05 Lexus SC = Toyota Soarer; Mazda 2 = Mazda Demio; Mazda 6 = Mazda Atenza; Mazda 323 = Mazda Familia; Mazda 323F = Mazda Lantis; Mazda MX5 = Mazda Eunos Roadster/Mazda Roadster; pre '97 Mazda RX7 = Mazda Savanna RX7/Mazda Efini RX7; Nissan 200SX = Nissan 180SX; Nissan 200SX S14 = Nissan Silvia; Nissan 300ZX/350Z = Nissan Fairlady Z; Nissan Almera = Nissan Pulsar Serie; Nissan Micra = Nissan March; '99- Toyota MR2 = Toyota MR-S; Toyota Yaris = Toyota Vitz.

Wait. PD did model localization on GT2 onwards for regional consistency. So I disagree with this point. :yuck:

EDIT:

And the CR-X del Sol.. Always loved that car.. looks so nice for a car of the 90s.. :')

Already in all GT games to this point. You may meant the LM. :dunce: 💡

Last edited:
TOYOTA pod ! ! !

How can no-one mention this car? GT Concept <3 It even had it's own race made from the Special Stage Route 5 Pit Lane.. <3 Bring it back NOW. That is an ordah! >:]

2001_Toyota_POD_01.jpg

And the CR-X del Sol.. Always loved that car.. looks so nice for a car of the 90s.. :')

EDIT:

Already in all GT games to this point. You may meant the LM. :dunce: 💡

Oops. :dunce: I guess I meant the LM.. it was awesome ;')

Last edited:
Wait. PD did model localization on GT2 onwards for regional consistency. So I disagree with this point. :yuck:

I think the point being made is that the localization that happens (like in GT4) happens with names only, which actually makes it more inaccurate. There was never a "GS300 Vertex Edition" sold as a Lexus with the turbo six. We never got a Lexus IS200 with the high-revving four-cylinder.

I'm the camp that would prefer whatever names the models have in their home markets. A neat feature could be PD giving us the option as to which designation we'd want. Say, when I pick my Fairlady Z, I can change the badges over to 370Z if I want. It could apply to any cars that only change the badges in different markets. Of course, that technically would lower the individual car counts, so I doubt PD would be fans...

Lotus Esprit GT1 from GT2 if i am correct. And now that Ferrari (F40's) and Mc Laren (F1's) are in i would like to see a hole field of BPR racers from that days of racing.[/IMG]

Oh, I suddenly had a burst of hope that the racing modifications will be for just about all cars, not just a select few...

edit: Very sorry for the double post, forgot I posted already :dunce:

Theres another GT coming out. lol. anyways the cars i want----

Dodge copperhead
Plymouth Pronto sypder :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Daytona coupe
Vector w12
Vector w8
Unisia jecs skyline
Venturi atlantuique
Cusco Impreza :bowdown:
Saleen SR widebody :bowndown:
BMW 8 series :bowdown:'
AND-the Lotus Elise GT1 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I LOVE MY PRONTO SPYDER!!!!

Whoo!!! Another person who thinks that the Elise GT1
Is awesome!👍

'96 Accord SiR sedan/wagon
'98-01 Accord SiR-T sedan
'98-01 Accord SiR 2.3 wagon
'92-'95 Civic Si
'96-'00 Civic Ferio SiR
BMW 5 series e39

I fondly remember the Viper GTS as being my favourite car when I was younger and played GT2. I couldn't drive worth a cracker; all I did was drive straight into the walls, brakes completely forgotten, and then accelerated down the next straight. Might be why I could only win races that allowed the Viper against really slow D class cars...Regardless, that one's most certainly going to be included, that or the RT10, so I'm not worried.

However, I would dearly enjoy it if they included the '69 Mercury Cougar. That car was just as cool as the Mustang, but had a bit more character to me. I love it, and I hope they include it with some good sound. 👍

127_0212_09z+1969_Mercury_Cougar_XR7+Driver_Side_View.jpg

Last edited:
Have you read the thread title? It is for cars that previously exist in a GT game but were removed on next GT game. :grumpy:)

Yes I read that and when I realized what I did. I added the last sentence to my post. So I made a little mistake Mr Grumpy.

By The Way, nice way to greet new members. Really encouraging.

Toyota Tom's Chaser, AE86 Levin, Nissan pulsar GTi-R, I miss the japanese names on the cars too, because it does not seem right calling cars like the nissan 180sx a 200sx, as the 200sx never came with the SR20 engine where I'm from.

STEAM POWERED CARRAIGE ON NURINGBURG! , not really, i really enjoyed driving the 97 supra RZ and the civic AT, the Mugen castrol version. a real dreamer would be : Spoon Sports 1985 Honda Civic (E-AT) Group A Spec

I think the point being made is that the localization that happens (like in GT4) happens with names only, which actually makes it more inaccurate. There was never a "GS300 Vertex Edition" sold as a Lexus with the turbo six. We never got a Lexus IS200 with the high-revving four-cylinder.

I'm the camp that would prefer whatever names the models have in their home markets. A neat feature could be PD giving us the option as to which designation we'd want. Say, when I pick my Fairlady Z, I can change the badges over to 370Z if I want. It could apply to any cars that only change the badges in different markets. Of course, that technically would lower the individual car counts, so I doubt PD would be fans...

1st paragraph: Remember the caveat "cars may differ from actual looks and preformance" (that is the stence if I recall correctly :indiff:)? I may balanced here, but yes, they are only on names (:ouch:). For MORE BETTER localization, PD may consider correcting the specs for each version (for istance, a USDM specs should be on a USDM version). ;)

2nd paragraph: Would that make the development time longer? :crazy: Or it's just me? :indiff:

Mitsubishi GTO, baby. that car was a beast for me. i had a gold one with the racing mod to take it from a street car to a racing car. i hope they returned this mod for gt5

The Renult F1 Espace and the Nissan Skyline R31 Race Car both from GT2
The Polyphony 001 , 002 both from GT3
The Ford Model T from GT4 love to drive that again in brilliant graphics

Now I feel like going back on GT2 to win that dustpan :D

Although I can't remember if it was any good to drive, It's been about 7 years since I last used it and I don't have it saved on any of my memory cards.

^ As far as I can remember. That the Dustpan was a pure joy to flog around the track in any GT2 circuits (primarily in GVR). ;)

Back