[CCS2] Clubman Cup - October 18 - Spaces Available!

So basically if someone extends the people also on track don't have to leave any room for them, forcing them to slow down and wait.

Essentially, yes. More than that, however, it means that if you *do* go off track, you shouldn't just come barging back onto the racing line and expect everyone else to vanish into thin air.

It's like when you get pinged for an unsafe pit release, except this is a live race track.

I'm guessing if someone accidentally overshoots the first corner they can just simply slow down to cancel it out? This is assuming there's nobody else nearby they have to wait for to safely return to the track.

Correct. If you want to self-impose a slow-down penalty you can reasonably argue cancelled any advantage you may or may not have gained when going off, I'll consider that a case closed.

As long as it's obvious you're doing it as a self-imposed slow-down rather than just braking for the next corner and you don't cause an accident while doing this.

Mandatory I'm-a-pleb-and-completely-forgot-time-was-a-thing-so-it's-now-a-bit-less-than-24-hours-until-lobby-opening-and-all-that-good-stuff post.

@Antares26
@AudiMan2011
@Drex124
@G2G1950
@geeTeye
@HarryWS
@lbpomg95
@Litchi
@Patrick Falk
@rallymorten
@Sphinx
@TetsuKobura
@Vegard

Anyone in a BMW, Subaru or Honda, please double-check the OP for new BoP.

I do, just like last time, intend on running a PSN party thingy for voice chats. I'm going to assume ahead of time that @lbpomg95, @HarryWS, @Patrick Falk and @Drex124 are up for it, but that still leaves 3 spots open. Just.. if you're planning on joining in the hopes of getting a serious discussion about the best line through turn 4, you're going to be disappointed. If you're planning on joining for reasons of top kek banter and immature humour, however..

Please be advised the discussion will have devolved into randomly hurling abuse at literally everything and everyone within approximately 30 seconds of me joining.

Last edited:
Mandatory I'm-a-pleb-and-completely-forgot-time-was-a-thing-so-it's-now-a-bit-less-than-24-hours-until-lobby-opening-and-all-that-good-stuff post.

@Antares26
@AudiMan2011
@Drex124
@G2G1950
@geeTeye
@HarryWS
@lbpomg95
@Litchi
@Patrick Falk
@rallymorten
@Sphinx
@TetsuKobura
@Vegard

I do, just like last time, intend on running a PSN party thingy for voice chats. I'm going to assume ahead of time that @lbpomg95, @HarryWS, @Patrick Falk and @Drex124 are up for it, but that still leaves 3 spots open. Just.. if you're planning on joining in the hopes of getting a serious discussion about the best line through turn 4, you're going to be disappointed. If you're planning on joining for reasons of top kek banter and immature humour, however..
I should be there !

@Antares26
@AudiMan2011
@Drex124
@G2G1950
@geeTeye
@HarryWS
@lbpomg95
@Litchi
@Patrick Falk
@rallymorten
@Sphinx
@TetsuKobura
@Vegard

What time are we starting again?

What time are we starting again?

That's a good point. I may or may not have forgotten to update the countdown thing at the top of the OP. Have done now, though.

A little more than 12 hours until the lobby should be open.

That's a good point. I may or may not have forgotten to update the countdown thing at the top of the OP. Have done now, though.

A little more than 12 hours until the lobby should be open.
Your post the other day regarding BOP says different to the OP for the Integra's power and weight - which is right?

Room has been opened:

0475-4193-4561-4338-3620

Party creation is happening as we speak. If you don't have an invite within 10 minutes, let me know in the lobby.

I sense open slots for last minute wildcards. Would that be a possibility? Though I'd need to boot up my console if it goes through.

Unfortunately I'm not able to make it this time round, since it's super late into the night here. Perhaps next week I could give it a try.

So that was a significantly more exciting night than Brands Hatch. Not quite there across the board, but it did show some promise.

Please do remember that if there's anything in particular you'd like for me to take a look at, send me a PM.

@lbpomg95, Supreme Executive Chairman @Drex124 and myself did go to Barcelona for a little pre-event test, and.. that has raised some concerns over the original all-cars-have-slightly-different-strengths-and-weaknesses ideology I had going into this. This'll be an interesting week.

I've had a grand total of one incident reported to me, and my take on it is as following:

Race 2, Lap 1:

@geeTeye and @AudiMan2011 are having a bit of a squabble coming in to turn 4 (Rauch). With @geeTeye fully alongside (and thus fully entitled to the racing line), @AudiMan2011 tries his luck around the outside, but is caught by surprise when the Volkswagen gets a bad case of the understeers. He rejoins the track with just barely sufficient time for @Drex124 and @Sphinx to take avoiding action. Coming out of turn 5, then, @Sphinx manages to get a slightly better exit than @Drex124, but unfortunately makes contact with the rear quarter panel and spins off to the left.

Verdict: If anything, I'd apportion a warning to @AudiMan2011 for an unsafe track rejoin, especially given how he put himself in that situation. The rest of it, however, I'd consider racing incidents.

In the points, the battle for 2nd-onwards is getting about as exciting as the midfield in race 2 last night. @Antares26 may or may not have to be subject to a personal BoP "penalty" going forward, in the interest of balance.

In the points, the battle for 2nd-onwards is getting about as exciting as the midfield in race 2 last night. @Antares26 may or may not have to be subject to a personal BoP "penalty" going forward, in the interest of balance.
Oh so we're doing driver BoP now? Why not just use a success ballast system per round.

....pretty good idea of "balance" there, buddy.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with the driver-specific ballast - at the end of the day, Antares is simply a better driver than the rest of us, he shouldn't be penalised for it.

I can see your logic - one person winning every race isn't exactly interesting - but then the alternative of driver ballast is probably going to be a polarising one. Maybe it'd be best to just leave things as they are.

Things to pay attention to ahead of Barcelona:

I'm leaving the BoP as it is for now, and we'll see how that turns out. Most cars seem to be there-or-thereabouts by now, so unless there's any big scares come Friday, I think this may be it.

also, taking all.. "feedback" ( :P ) into account, there will be no driver-specific BoP handicaps, so everyone please calm your tits and put those pitchforks away. You'll need them back soon enough as is *sly wink of many teases*.

also, taking all.. "feedback" ( :P ) into account, there will be no driver-specific BoP handicaps, so everyone please calm your tits and put those pitchforks away. You'll need them back soon enough as is *sly wink of many teases*.
I get the feeling I haven't heard the end of this yet :nervous:

Should be there, but may have to miss qualifying due to being home alone with my dog.

Back