[CCS2] Clubman Cup - October 18 - Spaces Available!

I think I know what the Banter Lounge shall be doing after the "main event", in which case I shall bring my Subaru Impreza Jelly Edition, which, while not quite as rolly-polly as the DS3, the speeds you'll be doing when you "roll" will be so much higher and the anti-roll-in-online-races suspension wobble of glitchy weirdness will be that much greater.

Like, it takes immense amounts of skill to drive that car for a clean lap, nevermind a fast one.

Entering Clubman Cup hopefully, it'll require me to stay up late.

I'm still Deciding on a vehicle, and I'll re-submit a form when I've chosen.
If I don't, be prepared to see any of the three.

Right, I've had a look for cars and seeing how much the Pantera is I had a little cry. So, I shall take the 1969 Camaro Z28!

@rallymorten could I ask what power and tyres you're running in the 22B just so I can get a rough idea of a starting point? Haven't tested yet.

Last edited:
@rallymorten could I ask what power and tyres you're running in the 22B just so I can get a rough idea of a starting point? Haven't tested yet.

I've found that 197 bhp, 1460 kg and Sports Hard (so very much in the ballpark for actual Clubman Cup specs) puts me just a tad shy of the Par Time. That shouldn't come as a surprise, given that I set the Par Time based on the sort of laps I was doing minus about half a second.

My hopes in this car choice is partly to have superior AWD traction and just survive the straight.

Alternatively, if we count the jelly cars and expect one anti-roll-weirdness each lap, it's basically stock bar all the jellification.

Also, before anyone uses that loophole, no - the Mazda Roadster Touring Car doesn't count. Because it's a Touring Car.

Well I'm on comfort medium tyres running around 350 bhp, so that should make for some interesting racing! I'm also running a very drift-biased setup to keep the car under par time despite the power :D

Taking a gamble on my chosen weapon by going right to the 100k limit. Had to do some handicapping to get down to the par time. Purple FL was a baseline on stock power/weight settings and SH tires. 1:47.265 was the handicap time.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190731222259.png

Right now I'm leaning toward either a S800 running 100HP on RH tires, or the Toyota truck with a more creative tire setup and a lot of power. Decisions decisions...

Right now I'm leaning toward either a S800 running 100HP on RH tires, or the Toyota truck with a more creative tire setup and a lot of power. Decisions decisions...
I really like the idea of a grippy S800 racing a drifting Camaro...

I just noticed it's still a two race format, so if @rallymorten is ok with it I might try out both.

By all means, go ahead - Open Season is designed to be about as "serious" as the races we in the Banter Lounge used to do, and I don't recall any bickering over car swaps in that. Also there isn't a championship to score points for so who cares.

Which reminds me, qualifying ahead of Race 1 will, for hopefully obvious reasons, be a little pointless. Instead, I shall do a random.org with the names of everyone in the lobby and use host features to set the grid automatically. Oh yeah, and I'll put myself at the back. Host Disadvantage.

Time for an exciting experiment: how big a lobby can we actually get for a for-fun event I've completely forgotten I need to promote the 🤬 out of because it's not *insert overused Gr.-class here*

(I'm counting you in spirit @geeTeye because you've usually either been there or made aware of your absense)

0475-4211-4441-7119-7508

Nevermind, my fault.

I thought today was the race,

I did the calculations wrong, thinking CET was behind me, so I rounded up the date by another day, making it past midnight, August 3rd on my calendar.

But you're *ahead*, not behind, we would have shared August 2nd.

And there's my mistake folks.

@rallymorten Is it fine if someone joins the lobby to spectate the race?

I guess it can't hurt if there's room for it. Just.. if anyone out there are wanting to do that, please do let me know. Otherwise I may accidentally boot you.

Also, note to self: trying to race a jelly car against non-jelly cars: not the best idea I've ever had.

Also also I'm finally getting my rear in gear when it comes to spec testing for the next thing. Things are generally looking positive right now, so it may not be too long.

Two things:

#1: I dun did a video with signature average-quality audio recording:

#2, and probably the most interesting:
Clubman Cup classics.jpg

Coming to a GT Sport near you in September. More details coming soon.

If I'm not mistaken, this should be all the important information about the Classics Shield inserted into the OP - all apart from the Par Times, of course. I'll get to those.

The first of three rounds is scheduled for September 6. I hope to see as many as possible for the first "real" between-seasons event!

The par time for the first round is up. Your Sunday drive through the Italian fields should take about 2 minutes and 15 seconds.

I've also decided not to go with the previous idea of car "classes" - you're free to build any car however you want, as long as it's either from before 1979 or the Porsche 911 Turbo.

So, with around 12 hours to go before the Classics Shield is supposed to get underway, here's one last call for people who wish to take part. The sign-up form can be found in The Insurance Forms because I'm jokesy like that.

And yes, I will hopefully be able to start spilling some real beans about S2 soon, which - if the plan I'm currently incubating hatches accordingly - will have a particular party trick up its sleeve.

So, with around 12 hours to go before the Classics Shield is supposed to get underway, here's one last call for people who wish to take part. The sign-up form can be found in The Insurance Forms because I'm jokesy like that.

And yes, I will hopefully be able to start spilling some real beans about S2 soon, which - if the plan I'm currently incubating hatches accordingly - will have a particular party trick up its sleeve.
Going to have to give this a miss unfortunately, real life getting in the way.

In case people couldn't tell, Classics Shield didn't happen Friday, and as a result (mainly due to the schedule), I'm calling that whole thing off. While that is a bit.. I'm choosing to keep my spirits high for now, and allow that cancellation to focus as much of my effort as possible on making S2 the best it possibly can.

So there's that to look forward to over the next few weeks.

So, you've probably already guessed what this update is about, either from the notification you've hopefully gotten, or you've been lucky and caught it while this was still on the first page.

It's true - barring any major shakeups from PD, Season 2 of the most underappreciated series on GTP is about as ready as it can be. But we're not quite at *that* point just yet. There's a small manner of that one-make championship I said would preceed every season to take care of, and for this first incarnation, we'll be using a lightweight, rear-wheel drive sports car from Toyota. I am, of course, talking about this one:

Clubman Cup Toyota MR2 S2.jpg

(and yes, that livery is indeed based on the Racing Modification from GT1/2. If you want that with name, number and personal color, hit me up)

The necessary details are already in the OP.

I should note that participation in at least two rounds of this series is required in order to be eligible to enter Clubman Cup Season 2. Either that, or some world-class blackmailing.

The plan is for this to seamlessly transition into S2 (the details of which will be provided within the next few weeks) in order to see the season finale in the first weekend of December, so there's that to schedule around.

Just shy of three weeks before launch!

I'll give you a heads up now, my situation's changed and I'm unlikely to make any future races - my apologies. I'll try and help with advertising at least to try and get more people signed up.

I'll give you a heads up now, my situation's changed and I'm unlikely to make any future races - my apologies.

..now that is a shame. The Banter Lounge most definitely won't be the same.

You shall be welcome to drop in if you find the time, though!

Bumping for a fellow lobby runner. Hoping more people will sign up. I totally would, but I'm normally at work during the scheduled race times.

Back