ceiling_fan's photos - New ones

• Thread starter ceiling_fan
  • 2,113 comments
Thanks very much everybody!

If anything, I have but one question remaining: How in the world do you make your wide-angle panorama shots?

I have tried so many times now, but for the life of me I can't work out the issues I am having. The panoramas I try to make usually consist of 15-20 images, using the "Merge" option within Photoshop. But it seems like Photoshop just doesn't seem to manage to line them up because of the image distortion based on the wide angle one is shooting with. You have any tips or tricks?

I'm honestly not very good at these, but here's what I do:

The way I do it is this: 2-4 photos in GT5 at about 25mm

In Photoshop (I'm using CS5 on Mac OS X)

File → Automate → Photomerge...

Layout = Auto

Select all images you want to merge together, and check Blend Images Together, Vignette Removal and (this is important) Geometric Distortion Correction.

Hit OK and PS will do all the merging and blending.

I then edit the image (sometimes the corners are rounded off so I either can crop the image into a rectangle or use the clone stamp tool to paint in the missing edges.)

Then I have the image and can do the regular editing.

HOWEVER, sometimes Photoshop glitches and closes the window during the auto-blend. :confused: After some hardcore googling, I found a solution to this, which is just a slightly longer way of doing everything above. No reason to use this method if the first one works.

File → Scripts → Load Files into Stack…
Then use Edit → Auto-Align Layers.

I have to use some trial and error on the checkboxes to get the panorama to look good :lol: Anywho, I used this method on a new image which I am very proud of!

And I took a couple more images from that race.

And the long-coming V12 Vantage update...

Also finally knocked out the other requests that I hadn't got to yet.

How about the 300sl at cote d'azur. Be-oo-ti-ful

as for request..how about a Ibiza on Madrid?

This was a tricky one...

And the GT Fairlady Z

And a couple of randoms!

8500th post, yeehaw!

Beautiful update, that 2CV one is superb. :drool:👍

The Aston Martin shots a fantastic too. :drool:👍

That Aston Martin is just amazing, more amazing than the wicked SL part of the set! As always, beautiful work, C_F! 👍 The Seat Ibiza turned out excellently too!

Yabba-dabba-freakin'-doo. You keep outdoing yourself David, stunning update. My faves are the 300SL and S/GT shots.

It worked like a charm now CF! 👍

I think the Photomerge option in CS2 was just dodgy. I upgraded to CS5 and did a quick panorama of 14 shots. All of them aligned perfectly. It was necessary to crop the corners by quite a lot, but it still looked pretty good! 👍

CS5 actually used some time to create the panorama while CS2 created one instantly, probably the fact that CS2 never went through an aligning process.

Thanks everyone! Ready for a 44-pic update?! :eek:

Veyron

LFA

ZR1 RM

MX-5

[URL=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ceiling_fan/7276594608/in/photostream/lightbox/]
7274336612_6a03fc01ac_m.jpg
[/URL]

Maserati

Aventador

Randoms

Back