Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure EA would come to a financial agreement, not sure if PD will though.

At the end of the day, sales of GT won't alter at all really with them in or not.

PD may as well save their money.

I've given up on Porsche being in other games. We have alternatives if we want to experience Porsche. Namely the Forza series, and rFactor through fan made creations.

Here is the question to think about though, does the EA contract include "Anything & Everything" Porsche?
If Porsche comes into F1 as an engine supplier will Codemasters be able to use their branding without buying it from EA? Does it cover the Porsche Supercup or Carrera Cup or only the Road Cars, etc etc etc?

This seems to be something that will never die. I had to read the op to see why they wanted to ask, and then seemed misinformed so that explains things. RWB and Ruf seem to be the only chance and this has been said over and over and over past GT sub-forums now on this one as well. The Pagani has already been modeled by SMS and looks better than the GT5 version (to me) and will show up in PCars before you see one in a GT game. I'll bet anyone on that.

Here is the question to think about though, does the EA contract include "Anything & Everything" Porsche?
If Porsche comes into F1 as an engine supplier will Codemasters be able to use their branding without buying it from EA? Does it cover the Porsche Supercup or Carrera Cup or only the Road Cars, etc etc etc?

The FOM would be the ones with that power then. Even EA wouldn't have a say if that were to happen but that would only allow the F1 portion to be used by anyone that a contract with them (FOM/F1).

I'm pretty sure that, Ferrari excepted, the F1 licence encompasses all major elements therein. The FIA having such control over licencing in that way is likely part of the things required to be eligible to compete in F1 in the first place.

What about the lemans cars? After the whole woo poo about gt3s Porsche, if pd do sponsor the lmp then it wins will pd create a celebration one? Or will ea get in the way?

Unanswerable questions incoming!

If a Porsche wins Le Mans and PD doesn't get a sub licence, then there wouldn't be a version in GT6 regardless of if PD sponsored it. Licencing agreements aren't changed by things that have nothing to do with them.

Unfortunately EA and Porsche go waaaay back to PS1 days when Road&Track Magazine partnered or something with the Evil Empire of gaming to produce NeedForSpeed 1. Porsche management has no problem with how EA charges for that license.

Unfair to us GranTurismo afficionado buffs but business as usual for them.

Geneva-2012-RUF-RT-35.jpg

RUF-Rt-12-R-911-Turbo-37.jpg

ruf_rgt-8_13.jpg

01panamerarufrxl-1.jpg

07-10-07-02-Porsche-Ruf-3400K.jpg

2008-RUF-CTR-3-Rear-Angle-1280x960.jpg

ruf_dakara_5.jpg

🤬 Porsche, give us more (premium) RUFs.

Why do so any ignore RUF when it's the closest we'll get to Porsche?

If PD surprised us with Ferrari (and a considerable amount of them), as well as with Lamborghini, I don't see why they can somehow manage an agreement to get the liscense.

Even if it's not all Porsches, at least having a couple of 911/S/Turbo/4/GT2/3/RS from any gen(Not all of them, of course. Which ever PD decides appropiate), a 959(obligated), a couple of race-ready 911, a 962C (as the obligated group c car) and maybe even a 928. To this point, it doesn't even have to be the whole street and racing lineup.

If it can't happen, at least an updated and Premium Ruf Line up would be acceptable.

JBanton
🤬 Porsche, give us more (premium) RUFs.

Why do so any ignore RUF when it's the closest we'll get to Porsche?

Those are some beautiful cars. Who needs Porsche when you have those?

I enjoy some Need for Speed games, but I thought that GT would be suit their brand better than NFS would. It would be brilliant if there were Porsche’s, it would complete the exotica brands for me.

What are the chances that we see Porsche in GT6?

I read somewhere that Porsche's exclusivity license with EA expired, hence why they are now in Forza, so why not in GT6? Hell, why not DLC for GT5?

Lets not forget about the Pagani Huayra

There are several pages here, so someone else may've said this already, but the chances are better than ever before.

If you've been keeping up to date with automotive news, VW has finally completed buying 100% of Porsche, which means any new licience Porsche wanted to make, would likely be subject to approval by its new parent company. That, along with the pre-existing EA only agreement becoming expired, means GT6, hell, GT5 could have Porsche in it if PD and Porsche get their act together.

Previously it was a near impossibility, now, there's a very good chance imo.

Those are some beautiful cars. Who needs Porsche when you have those?

RUF do. Because no Porsche means no RUF.

There are several pages here, so someone else may've said this already, but the chances are better than ever before.

If you've been keeping up to date with automotive news, VW has finally completed buying 100% of Porsche, which means any new licience Porsche wanted to make, would likely be subject to approval by its new parent company. That, along with the pre-existing EA only agreement becoming expired, means GT6, hell, GT5 could have Porsche in it if PD and Porsche get their act together.

Previously it was a near impossibility, now, there's a very good chance imo.

That has not happened unless you have some evidence to the contrary.

Also higher ownership means squat. Fiat own 90% of Ferrari but it has no bearing on Ferrari licenses being doled out.

That has not happened unless you have some evidence to the contrary.

Also higher ownership means squat. Fiat own 90% of Ferrari but it has no bearing on Ferrari licenses being doled out.

I dislike how when I quote someone the original content is removed, anyway.

No I don't have information that the agreement will expire soon, all I know is the earliest game that I know of that has a Porsche in it by EA in my 5 minutes of research was 'The Need for Speed' a 1994 title, so a 15 year licience means it has been renewed for another period of time, a 20 year licience means there's a chance for GT6 since VW (or Porsche) could cut it off without renewing it.

Higher ownership may mean little in the Fiat group, but, we shouldn't expect the same from the German automakers, it could be, with the exception of Lamborghini and now Porsche, that none of the VWG brands are prestigious enough to warrant their own individual deals, or it could be that even if they are, VW controls it all through them anyway, one can only hope and be optimistic.

Without meaning to sound rude you have no idea then.

You only have to do some googling to see lots of theories and suggestions about the license but the only fact we know is that EA still hold the exclusive license to Porsche. Anything else is just rumour and guessing.

For those that do not know Porsche and EA management have a close relationship. NFS Porsche Unleashed was said to come about because some people at EA where out of work friends with management at Porsche (through being a customer, or the corporate management circle). Someone will have to do some digging but I remember back in the GT4 days there was an article posted here to the effect.

It is so sad, imagine what a Porsche GT Academy would be like instead of Nissan.

Why does people seem hellbent on getting crappy handling cars into the game?

That's a very uninformed comment, having driven a 911 turbo I can assure you that their handeling is quite phenominal.

Yes I'd love to see Porsche in GT6 but I'm not going to get my hopes up this time.

Porsche + Gran Turismo Time Line

-2007 SEMA auto show; Porsche is not in yet. Ferrari is in and Lamborghini is a "maybe".

Source: http://motortrend.automotive.com/907...o-5/index.html

-May 2008; Porsche hasn't been contacted yet, but Kaz believes they'll have Porsche in Gran Turismo 5 Speaking with the Official PlayStation Magazine, Yamauchi commented, “We’ll have most - no, all of the major manufacturers.”
When pushed to further clarify on the possibility of the Porsche brand appearing in Gran Turismo 5, he simply stated, “probably.”

Source: http://www.psu.com/Porsche-to-featur...a003707-p0.php

-October 2008; Kaz has spoken with Porsche and damage is O.K. with them. Negotiations could occur because contracts with other parties had ended. Porsche (that’s right… Porsche) have stated that they do not have a problem with their cars being damaged in the game. From Ahmed: Kaz's response to Lamborghini and Porsche: "the thing is we are working on it , because like the porsche have some contracts with other games manufacturer, and those contracts has just ended so its possible for us now to negotiate."

Source: https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yam...nterview-ever/

-August 2009 (GamesCom); Porsche will likely not appear in Gran Turismo 5, signing an exclusive deal elsewhere.

Source: http://http://ps3.ign.com/article...537p1.html

-March 2010 Porsche 918 Spyder apparently running Gran Turismo PSP's navigation map. Nothing becomes of it.

Source: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126057

-April 2010 (interview with Auto Express) Are there any car makers that won’t be appearing in GT5 that you’d like to see in GT6?

GT5 will have a few historic models in it, but looking back at automotive history there are a lot of cars that would be nice to have. I couldn’t narrow it down to one manufacturer, but Porsche is definitely at the top of my wish list.

-July 2012 (Spanish PS Blog) Kazunori responds to user-based question. Will we someday see Porsche in GT? Kazunori responds by saying "We can't say no."

Source: https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-5-dlc-confirmed-by-kazunori-yamauchi/

Here's a little timeline for you to catch up on the Porsche saga.

I respond by saying: If you don't want to shuffle out HUGE money for the Porsche license, at least make good use of the RUF license. Forza used it well and so did Driver: San Francisco.
Top Notch information, Kudos+ 1,000,000 on the research Conquerer

Back