Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
Dshadow21
Porsche was bought by Volkswagen Does this affect licensing?

Every time Porsche posts something on Google+, I beseech them to dump EA. Maybe someday it'll do some good, but it won't keep me from buying 6 @ launch.

Nada, nil, zip, zero, not a chance, I doubt it, not in this life time, ain't gonna happen, I don't think so, yeah right, your kiddin, hahahaha, zilch, doughnut!!!

You can wish jn one hand and fill the other with the substance of your choice, see which hand fills first.

I would love to see Porsche in GT, especially for the vintage racing cars to be alongside modern metal. But at the very least (if Porsche is out of the picture), I agree that there needs to be Premium RUF's and a few at that. The RGT8 is a sweet car, same as the wicked CTR3. If GT could provide some fictional RM's based on a few RUF's then it'd be even better.

And we all need to remember: RUF's are not technically Porsche's. They have their own VIN numbers and many have their own engines and technology. You cannot ask for TechArts and RWB's just because RUF made it in the game since those cars are technically (legally) still Porsche's and thus cannot appear in a game without Porsche's consent.

It's a similar situation that Saleen used to have. Saleen was considered it's own manufacturer, so anyone who wanted to have a Mustang in their game (or movie *coughs* Transformers *coughs*) could go through them instead of Ford and Ford couldn't do anything about it. Roush, Steeda and RMR on the other hand would still be classified as Ford's.

i would really be happy if even 1 porsche would appear in GT6.
I just cant handle EA that buyed porsche licence and now they are too greedy...

Vend1go

Well. Sony seems to be to greedy if another developer could get the sub-license. I don't like the fact that EA has the license, but a developer showed that you can make an agreement.

But i also never understood why so many want porsche in a game. I honestly don't care. I prefer other cars and manufacture for the future games in the GT series.

i would really be happy if even 1 porsche would appear in GT6.

EA games have been 🤬 since 2005, still are 🤬 and always will be 🤬, we're not missing anything.

Just give us more RUFs, better customisation, damage AI and some leaderboards...

Does anyone have a clue how the situation is between PD and RUF?

I'm curious to why there were no more RUF models added for GT5 or no RUF premiums.

Does anyone have a clue how the situation is between PD and RUF?

I'm curious to why there were no more RUF models added for GT5 or no RUF premiums.

Doubt anyone here knows exactly. If I had to guess they just didn't get around to it, like a lot of things. I mean, they didn't have time to premium the Veyron, I imagine the RUF cars were behind that on the list.

Doubt anyone here knows exactly. If I had to guess they just didn't get around to it, like a lot of things. I mean, they didn't have time to premium the Veyron, I imagine the RUF cars were behind that on the list.

I support this.

GT5 disappointed in the RUF department.

I would probably argue Porsche's chances are pretty much 0% or (at best) less than 10%. Blame the evil empire (Electronic Arts). I also sort of blame trying to go for an exclusive contract for a marque like Porsche. I would think some car company would want their products featured in a racing game as part of some exclusive contract, it would have to be something to where that game company is responsible and trustworthy enough to where that game developer can showcase the car company with class and respect. How has EA done? Personally, "Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed" was the very best EA has done. Since? Well- you be the judge.

I was even surprised how the Forza Motorsport series was able to have Porsche featured in FM1, FM2, and FM3; before having to settle for Ruf for FM4. Is it worth it to get Porsche? Absolutely. I've had no problem with Ruf. I wouldn't even take issue if Gemballa was featured. I am very much a Porsche lover. Maybe I don't love Porsche as much as I do Ferrari, but it's one of those "big three" that would really complete the cycle for car fans and "fanboys/fangirls" alike.

So let's look ahead. Let's say GT6 is the grand debut of Porsche much like GTHD debuted Ferrari and Gran Turismo PSP debuted Lamborghini. I'm sure Polyphony Digital will have no problem finding various Porsches to feature ranging from road cars to race cars. You know it would be disappointing if not one 911 race car (ranging from various Cup and GT3 cars to the Le Mans-winning 911 GT1 of 1998) shown up in GT6's lineup. Also, what little-known Porsche could be featured? Could PD even be creative and showcase the old Porsche that was used in Formula Drift a few years ago?

I don't like the chances of Porsche being featured in GT6, but I'd surely want to see Porsche debut in GT6.

One thing PD/Sony have to consider is that if they get the Porsche license for GT6 they also have to think of the future. After what we saw with Forza it's clear that EA only give out sub-licenses on a per game basis and so it's no good PD/Sony stumping up the cash to get some in GT6 then deciding they can't afford to in the future. When T10/MS paid for the sub-license in FM1 they obviously had the intention to keep acquiring a license for each game and even still things went wrong with FM4 to start with.

So in short it's not just about buying a sub-license for GT6, they have to be thinking long term and how much it's going to cost them for GT6, GT7, GT8 etc. Because fans will not be impressed to see Porsche in GT6 then never again simply because they decide they can't afford another license.

One thing PD/Sony have to consider is that if they get the Porsche license for GT6 they also have to think of the future. After what we saw with Forza it's clear that EA only give out sub-licenses on a per game basis and so it's no good PD/Sony stumping up the cash to get some in GT6 then deciding they can't afford to in the future. When T10/MS paid for the sub-license in FM1 they obviously had the intention to keep acquiring a license for each game and even still things went wrong with FM4 to start with.

So in short it's not just about buying a sub-license for GT6, they have to be thinking long term and how much it's going to cost them for GT6, GT7, GT8 etc. Because fans will not be impressed to see Porsche in GT6 then never again simply because they decide they can't afford another license.

But Unlike Turn 10, If GT6 is a lauch PS4 title, It will last the console with Spec 2 & 3 updates so 1 license might still be 4+ years. Might still be Justable

Also, what little-known Porsche could be featured?

I've got a perfect candidate for that, the Abarth-Porsche (based on a 356).

3854896346_c52c32de9b_o.jpg

Or maybe what's often considered the very first Porsche, the '39 Type 64.

MHV_Porsche_Type_64_Berlin-Rome-Car_1939_02.jpg

But yeah, the Forza scenario as mentioned is a perfect illustration of the weird way this whole license deal is structured (and why getting it for GT6 currently doesn't ensure it for future GT's), basically giving EA the power to sublicense and charge whatever they want instead of Porsche themselves (ofcourse an oversimplified summary but still).
I can only speculate why this has happened, probably during a time videogames weren't considered as important a promotional tool by Porsche CEO's as they currently are perceived by most car companies and striking an exclusive deal must have sounded convenient (avoiding any further hassle) and lucrative at the same time.

But Unlike Turn 10, If GT6 is a lauch PS4 title, It will last the console with Spec 2 & 3 updates so 1 license might still be 4+ years. Might still be Justable

GT7 would still come eventually and people would be annoyed if Porsche was gone and the only reason was because Sony had no intention of paying the license again.

SimonK
GT7 would still come eventually and people would be annoyed if Porsche was gone and the only reason was because Sony had no intention of paying the license again.

Contract might be up by then or after GT6 made a mint, counter offer VW for porsche contract.

Or they make the game and take it to ea and say "Porsche belongs here not Forza"
Who used to have the Ferrari license?? We should buy that

Last edited:
Contract might be up by then or after GT6 made a mint, counter offer VW for porsche contract.

Or they make the game and take it to ea and say "Porsche belongs here not Borza"

It's really not that simple though, EA don't look like they're going to lose the license and time soon and PD would know the details of that if they took out a sub-license for GT6. They shouldn't buy that and then hope for the best when GT7 comes around, they need to be in it for the long haul like T10/MS are.

Also keep the lame Forza digs to yourself please.

Things more likely to happen, than us getting Porsche in GT (in increasing order of likelihood):

1. Kazumoron posting a legible comment.
2. PD taking something out of a game that we don't want.
3. An episode of TopGear where you don't feel embarrassed to be watching.
4. Ssangyong making a very-slightly-moderately attractive car.
5. PD not giving us 10 versions of each new Japanese car
6. Finding a Free Run lobby not Over-Run with children.

Erm....

......WOAH!....WTF?!....what just flew by?!....a 🤬 pig! (and still no Porsche in GT). :)

Youngun

Or they make the game and take it to ea and say "Porsche belongs here not Forza"

Exclusive license are bad for us gamer. PD shouldn't buy one exclusiv license from a manufacture.

Look at the stupid time exclusiv Deals for content from Microsoft and Sony. Do you want those exclusive Deals for manufacture license?

I don' t want that.

Meanwhile, at Polyphony Digital...

Employee: Boss, we finally got the Porsche license. We can add Porsches to Gran Turismo!
Kaz: That's nice, now get back to duplicating Skylines, or you're fired!

Please don't take this seriously.

I would love them to be in GT, but neither would I want Sony/PD to pay a ridiculous amount of money when Porsche itself has all interest being included in GT. I don't see why Porsche should be treated differently when other manufacturers allow their cars in GT. I don't know what Sony/PD had to do in order to get some of the other manufacturers in GT but Porsche seems to be the only one that's a bit of a hassle.

VQuick
I was researching the Porsche tuner 9ff, a relative newcomer to the automotive scene(founded in 2001). Turns out they are no longer a tuner, and became a manufacturer back in 2008. They are now in the same category as RUF, so PD could feature some of their cars as well.

http://www.9ff.de/en/index.php

Give this man a medal! 👍
You definitely stumbled onto something really good!
RUF & 9FF and we're all set.

We all know or think we know the deal with EA/Porsche.

What if PD relented to the situation and offered Porsche packs as paid DLC? Would you purchase.

Really surprised no ones done this thread yet, unless I missed it.

Edit to add. If this was the only way possible to bring them.
Also if PD see this it might, ever so slightly influence them, yeah I know.

Mods if this is crap please delete.
Don't think it's been done yet though.

I voted yes if it's any conciliation.
I relented with the rival game and if the game was up to snuff I'd do it again for GT.

Last edited:
Back