Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
Slim but Ruf use every chassis (to a production degree) as porsche, no 918 tho. so could get 20 RUFs but do love and want porsche tho, engineered to perfection. What about tuning company versions ie techart, gembella or Speedart??

and Porsche got all those race cars too, in many series which ruf aint. And there back to Le mans in 2014 too, we need that car!

Last edited:
Techart and the like purchase the cars from manufacturers and then convert them. A manufacturer license would still be needed if I remember correctly.

There was a thread explaining why tuned Porsches were just as impossible as factory Porsches in the GT5 forums somewhere.

Ruf has been in GT from the jump. Kaz mentioned he owns a 911 and no doubt wants Porsche in the game. I'm thinking racing models may come before street cars.

JBanton
Porsche will not happen, at least if that exclusive contract is anything to go by.

There are ways to do it. The other game did.

Depends if PD want to stump up the cash.
Although it wouldn't make a slightest difference to sales. Therefor it would be a bad buisiness decision.

Spagetti69
There are ways to do it. The other game did.

Depends if PD want to stump up the cash.
Although it wouldn't make a slightest difference to sales. Therefor it would be a bad buisiness decision.

Unless they go the turn 10 route and go DLC. That way they would get money back to pay EA rather than putting it in game anyway. I'd still buy it

Youngun
Unless they go the turn 10 route and go DLC. That way they would get money back to pay EA rather than putting it in game anyway. I'd still buy it

PD's DLC has been sporadic at best.
But yes that is an option.

Like I said a long time ago in the thread, the chances of Porsche in GT6 are as far as we know the same as they were for GT5. Nothing significant has changed, the same people hold the licence and they still want paying for it. So it comes down to the same thing again, we'll have Porsche if PD are willing to pay for it.

Last edited:

Nah. Its better if PD got Porsche for GT6, so that way if EA charged them tons of money they can gain it back by us buying their game. It'll be a waste to make it as DLC.

Like I said a long time ago in the thread, the chances of Porsche in GT6 are as far as we know the same as they were for GT6. Nothing significant has changed, the same people hold the licence and they still want paying for it. So it comes down to the same thing again, we'll have Porsche if PD are willing to pay for it.

*Sigh* Sad but true, but hey Ill buy multiple copies of GT6 starring Porsche if it would help offset the difference:)

I was researching the Porsche tuner 9ff, a relative newcomer to the automotive scene(founded in 2001). Turns out they are no longer a tuner, and became a manufacturer back in 2008. They are now in the same category as RUF, so PD could feature some of their cars as well.

http://www.9ff.de/en/index.php

VQuick
I was researching the Porsche tuner 9ff, a relative newcomer to the automotive scene(founded in 2001). Turns out they are no longer a tuner, and became a manufacturer back in 2008. They are now in the same category as RUF, so PD could feature some of their cars as well.

http://www.9ff.de/en/index.php

Ohhh 9ff 1000hp please

I won't get my hopes up, but IF PD decides to do the right thing, the chances of LMPs or a Group C could be higher than the road cars.

I though that kaz said: "Porsche will be top priority for GT6"...

I don't think he ever said that, he did very recently say he cannot rule out they will be included.
If Porsche were the top priority, that would simply mean paying the asking price of a sublicense if it were that important businesswise to include them.
I dunno what the current situation is, it hasn't changed much I guess since the EA deal still stands and Porsche now being a full member of the Volkswagen group might change their license approach in the future but that's probably to soon for GT6.

If they can't get the Porsche license before GT6 (or won't think it wise to cough up the asking price) I at least hope I'm safe in looking forward to Premium Ruf models (and not having to use the Standard/Premium tags anymore too) as Ruf won't be a full substitute for Porsche regarding their historic line up, variety and racing heritage but it'll at least cure some of my Porsche fix currently not catered for.

I'm not keeping my hopes high, but I'd love to see them.

I'd also like to see the current RUF lineup expanded :drool:

Slightly off-topic, but why is the Yellowbird not premium!!! :mad:

I'm not keeping my hopes high, but I'd love to see them.

I'd also like to see the current RUF lineup expanded :drool:

Slightly off-topic, but why is the Yellowbird not premium!!! :mad:
You can't handpick every single car to make "Premium". There are the cars people at PD want in the game, cars that we want in the game, and cars that the manufacturers want in the game, thus all the cars people are baffled about as to why they were made Premium and not a "BETTER" car.

Back