Chase Cam is Ruining GT7 for Me

• Thread starter hunter328
  • 155 comments
This should be sticked to the front page. Exactly what we need for the game. Every racing game has this except GT... They had it and removed it. I mean seriously???? Any other developer has no kind of problem to add this but PD ...
Even my 5yr old who has only really played the Hot Wheels racing game was asking me why I can't view the side of my car in a race. It's such a basic feature that it's intuitive to even young kids that it should be available.

Even my 5yr old who has only really played the Hot Wheels racing game was asking me why I can't view the side of my car in a race. It's such a basic feature that it's intuitive to even young kids that it should be available.
Yes it's just not reasonable ... because it's a basic thing in any game but Gran Turismo... and it annoys me so much

Yes unfortunately, the problem is that the most people don't bother so it won't really get much notice by PD I guess 😮‍💨

Yes unfortunately, the problem is that the most people don't bother so it won't really get much notice by PD I guess 😮‍💨
Maybe when forza 8 claps GT7 they will listen to players and engage with them...I hope, they don't need to change much to make the game great

Last edited:
They could change it easily but most people won't bother since they don't use that view. So it seems not to be on PDs priority list.

There's a trick I used in GT Sport (that worked on GT7) to make the car move more naturally.

Chase View Camera Sensitivity: Set to 1. Then set to 10. Then go back to 1. (all this without leaving the menu - even to adjust the next item)

Chase View Rotation Axis Offset: Set to 0. Then set to 3. Then go back to 0.

Done.
I just tried this and it works
You can actually see the door handles
When I was weaving side to side
Thanks for the tip man!!!

Unfortunately still no sign of change... we definitely need the 0 option from sport again and most important let the camera rotate around the car with the right analog stick. More people need to adress this, but unfortunately the majority doesn't seem to care :(

screenshot_20220330-203758-jpg.1131410

Last edited:

Honestly, apart from the online, might as well install this patch and go back to GT4. I would be curious to know if it is possible to do so on an actual PS2.

Better yet get a PS3, GT5 and install the GT5 Master mod.... you'll never stop playing.

Sooooo has it changed yet ? I don't want to download the game all over because of my slow internet.
I like the cockpit view but I'm way way slower than with the proper GTS chase cam, and it has a weird shake too. GTS is starting to be empty, not many people playing online anymore.

I thought about getting a PSVR2 but I don't have room for a wheel and pedal setup :(

Sooooo has it changed yet ? I don't want to download the game all over because of my slow internet.
I like the cockpit view but I'm way way slower than with the proper GTS chase cam, and it has a weird shake too. GTS is starting to be empty, not many people playing online anymore.

I thought about getting a PSVR2 but I don't have room for a wheel and pedal setup :(
Nothing has changed about Chase Cam.
Check this out, from Jordan, about PSVR2. Cockpit view is the only view, but with the environment in 3D, driving around is much more real.

Bought PS5 for GT7 only, and still not playable because of 3rd person camera.

We need to keep this topic alive ans find a way to be understood by Polyphony.
We are so much to need the camera sensivity same as GT7, I mean 0 instead of 1.

Gran turismo series strengh is the ability of a mid sim game be playable in 3rd person.. but for now, nope.

With no disrespect to anyone here: May i call every single one of you being very, very wrong?! :P

Since Need for Speed 1 i drove every arcade racer in chase cam. Since owning a Playstation 2 and playing GT3 i always played GT in bumper cam.

Until some month ago. After grinding GT7 for a long exhausting time (about 500 hours) is started to enjoy and lean back a bit more. So i wanted to see the cars i was driving and switched to chase cam. A bit awkward at first. But i got used to it. Now i love it! I am faster than in bumper cam and not even for online racing i could switch back. GT chase cam ruined all other chase cam racing games for me as it is just a lot better. In other games the dynamic of the chase cam look cool but it bad for skill. It ruins getting the apex right.

The GT chase cam, through its stiffness makes everything right. You can attack and look at corners like in inside views. Same goes for catching a drift and every other driving physics.

I hope GT stays that way and don't ruin it! Its great!

Last edited:
With no disrespect to anyone here: May i call every single one of you being very, very wrong?! :P

Since Need for Speed 1 i drove every arcade racer in chase cam. Since owning a Playstation 2 and playing GT3 i always played GT in bumper cam.

Until some month ago. After grinding GT7 for a long exhausting time (about 500 hours) is started to enjoy and lean back a bit more. So i wanted to see the cars i was driving and switched to chase cam. A bit awkward at first. But i got used to it. Now i love it! I am faster than in bumper cam and not even for online racing i could switch back. GT chase cam ruined all other chase cam racing games for me as it is just a lot better. In other games the dynamic of the chase cam look cool but it bad for skill. It ruins getting the apex right.

The GT chase cam, through its stiffness makes everything right. You can attack and look at corners like in inside views. Same goes for catching a drift and every other driving physics.

I hope GT stays that way and don't ruin it! Its great!
I’m glad you enjoy that view.. for me I never use that view and do all my driving in VR. Before VR I only used Interior view, I really enjoy the GT series but the main problem I have is why not give players more options? I’m not into telling people how to do their job especially if it’s not my field, but giving players options in my opinion can make many people happy! You like the chase cam view and that’s great… but it would help PD a lot if they gave players the ability to customize their GT experience.

I’m not saying GT doesn’t have some good custom option you can pick from… that’s not the case… and not to take this convo into another direction but even the HUD options are mediocre… you should be able to have what you want on the screen but that’s not the case… Just wish they gave more options so everyone can find their sweet spot while playing GT7.

PSVR2 works great with the controller so I wouldn't let that stop you. I use mine quite often with my controller even though I have a wheel + loadcell pedal + Buttkicker set-up. It's not quite as immersive as with the wheel but to me it's still a good step up from pancake mode.

Before vr i didint even like cockpit view always prefered chasecam imreally like senig my car some can see the beauty, but i really love cockpit view in vr

It’s totally beyond me why any view other than cockpit view is provided in a game which calls itself a simulator! You drive a car from behind a steering wheel with bits of bodywork getting in the way of your eyesight, looking at instruments and through a windscreen. It’s a joke that you can do faster times by using bonnet, sunroof or chase camera view, I think all times should be set only by using cockpit cam just to add a bit more pretend realism.

Last edited:
It’s totally beyond me why any view other than cockpit view is provided in a game which calls itself a simulator! You drive a car from behind a steering wheel with bits of bodywork getting in the way of your eyesight, looking at instruments and through a windscreen. It’s a joke that you can do faster times by using bonnet, sunroof or chase camera view, I think all times should be set only by using cockpit cam just to add a bit more pretend realism.
That sound so dumb, unless you playing in vr and have full rig that wont even matter, you wont get reliasm on a flatscreen, you dont get a good view in cookpit unless you play in vr, on flatscreen i take chasecam all the way, becouse some of us like seeing the car while driving

It’s a joke that you can do faster times by using bonnet, sunroof or chase camera view,
Tell that to GTWS series drivers who use chase cam... a camera view doesn't make you faster
It’s totally beyond me why any view other than cockpit view is provided in a game which calls itself a simulator! You drive a car from behind a steering wheel with bits of bodywork getting in the way of your eyesight, looking at instruments and through a windscreen.
I think all times should be set only by using cockpit cam just to add a bit more pretend realism.
I use a controller.
I'm soo confused by this, I use a controller but no way think that because you drive a car it has to follow certain criteria, which I guess you fail since you're not using a wheel to your own standard set out above.

Actually to go further on the point, Chase cam, controllers etc all allow people to have an easier entry into the game and a more enjoyable experience of it. Just let the options be options, the game doesn't force you to use options you're clearly angered by(and confused I think)
What went through your mind to wake up and make this post is beyond me, Guess what... other simulators also allow chase cam...

Last edited:
Tell that to GTWS series drivers who use chase cam... a camera view doesn't make you faster

I'm soo confused by this, I use a controller but no way think that because you drive a car it has to follow certain criteria, which I guess you fail since you're not using a wheel to your own standard set out above.

Actually to go further on the point, Chase cam, controllers etc all allow people to have an easier entry into the game and a more enjoyable experience of it. Just let the options be options, the game doesn't force you to use options you're clearly angered by(and confused I think)
What went through your mind to wake up and make this post is beyond me, Guess what... other simulators also allow chase cam...
All I meant by my comment was that Gran Turismo calls itself a ‘Simulator’, it isn’t, it’s a car race game, in a game, use any camera view you want. I didn't mean to wind people up!

All I meant by my comment was that Gran Turismo calls itself a ‘Simulator’, it isn’t, it’s a car race game, in a game, use any camera view you want. I didn't mean to wind people up!
But it simulates driving a car as well as simulates racing regardless of what peripheral or view you use

That sound so dumb, unless you playing in vr and have full rig that wont even matter, you wont get reliasm on a flatscreen, you dont get a good view in cookpit unless you play in vr, on flatscreen i take chasecam all the way, becouse some of us like seeing the car while driving
I think psvr2 adds about 80% realism with a dd pro 8nm bringing in the other 20%

Learn to use a different viewpoint, then. In real life you don't get to use a chase cam unless you're Marty McFly.
One viewpoint isn't inherently better, you just need to be able to adapt.

Why put up such a pointless restriction? People should be able to play however they like.

Back