Chinese/Koren save files compability, need help!

RocketPunch1221
RRoD? no thanks.
I had the chinese version of the game and I am thinking of getting the Korean version instead. Does anyone know if the save files are compatible between those versions?
Thanks. :bowdown:

If you're handy with a hex-editor, then it's easy enough - just replace all the chinese regional codes in the save game with the korean regional codes.

You do need something like an x-port or a max drive though (www.codejunkies.com). Let me know if you need help with this.

Originally posted by Arwin
If you're handy with a hex-editor, then it's easy enough - just replace all the chinese regional codes in the save game with the korean regional codes.

You do need something like an x-port or a max drive though (www.codejunkies.com). Let me know if you need help with this.

Thanks for the info, but I have no clue how to do it. Oh well, not that my lesson times are "ground breaking" or anything, LOL :lol: , I guess I can afford to loose them. May be I will just stick with my current version. :(

Just wanna say the GT4DB has been an eye opener experience, playing with you guys are 100X more fun than "Dealing" with the so called "AI" cars! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well since you do seem to drive with the wheel, I heartily recommend getting the Korean version. Once you have that version you won't have any problems with doing the licences over, because you'll be spared the speed bug in the Chinese version and break all your old records easily. I went through the same satisfying process myself. :P You'll also have a less frustrating time battling the rest of us in the GT4 DB ... :P

Originally posted by Arwin
Well since you do seem to drive with the wheel, I heartily recommend getting the Korean version. Once you have that version you won't have any problems with doing the licences over, because you'll be spared the speed bug in the Chinese version and break all your old records easily. I went through the same satisfying process myself. :P You'll also have a less frustrating time battling the rest of us in the GT4 DB ... :P

LOL! :embarrassed:
What do you mean battling? I am just trying to keep up! All your buddys exhaust fume is making me dizzy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I might just be getting one and give this to my brother, I will also need to get the X-port thing as my memory card are getting very full with all the replays. Thanks for the advice.;)

Latest Posts

Back