Cities: Skylines (the Sim City we deserve)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 1,530 comments
Skärmbild (334).png

I built a monument on the other side of the river. In real life there is a monument to the heroes of WW2 on this site. I'm not sure what the purpose of my version is, but probably something similar.

Skärmbild (335).png

Skärmbild (331).png

You have a pretty nice view of the city from this location. I have built quite a lot of houses on the hillside now and it looks great from a distance! If you have an eye for details you might be able to spot that I moved the futuristic high school building so that it now stands in a more modern area. I moved the hospital a bit further up the hill and placed the school at the hospital's old location, it turned out a lot better.

Skärmbild (337).png
Skärmbild (338).png

I ran into an issue with the ploppable RICO mod, where the game doesn't display the detailed models properly. When moving the camera back the LOD models display fine, but when zooming in most of the models are missing, and a lot of the others are flickering annoyingly.

Skärmbild (339).png

Fortunately it seems to correct itself after a while (like, around 10 minutes or so). It also seems like moving the camera around a bit helps, I noticed that while in first person mode the bug seemed to trigger every time the Riga office building (the triangle one near the top of the image) was in the field of view, but it could be a coincidence I suppose.

I hope the bug is not a RAM issue, because if I'm starting to reach that limit I guess the town won't be able to grow much more. It's pretty big as it is, but only about half the size I was planning to make it.

In case the city has reached its limits, here's how far it got:

Skärmbild (352).png

Skärmbild (351).png
Skärmbild (350).png
Skärmbild (347).png
Skärmbild (346).png
Skärmbild (345).png

Skärmbild (344).png
Skärmbild (342).png
Skärmbild (341).png
Skärmbild (340).png

Bonus: A comparison with a photo I took of the real city last year.

Skärmbild (354).png

Skärmbild (353).png

I found out about this game by watching a Biffa Plays Indie Games vid as it appeared as recommended on YT and looked interesting. Started by watching him fix traffic problems, than moved on to some of his builds. I love his sense of humour. :lol: I loved Railroad Tycoon decades ago on the Atari ST, :eek: but have stuck to console games since the Playstation and XBox appeared. But inspired by Biffa, and the detail and control in the game, I got it as my first PC game. It is pushing my PC to the max, as it wasn't built for games. :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: Had the game a couple of weeks and I'm loving it. :D Didn't realise how much I was picking up from Biffa and a few other people's vids I have been watching. :)

A bit frustrated at the start because of the Mods people were using which seemed to make using the game a lot easier. I found a lot of the Mods here at SkyMods. I would love to start adding loads of assets for buildings and vehicles, but I don't think my PC could take much more. :( :rolleyes: That is why I'm sticking to building in one square with generated income before opening up the game and using unlimited money.
Just been through the thread and your Cities look great eran0004. :bowdown: :cheers:

It is a great game. I will wait to see if it keeps my interest before thinking of upgrading my graphics card, which was only bought last year for photography/Photoshop/Lightroom, and streaming 4k content to my TV, which it does well.

I've watched a few vids on the official Cities: Skylines YT channel over the last few days as they highlighted how different people play the game. Interesting, and some amazing stuff produced.

Yeah, it's been years since I got this, downloaded 160mb of updates over christmas and gave it a whirl again. Had to watch a few vids to remind myself how it works. I get quite frustrated when trying to build junctions... I know there's mods out there that make it easier, but I haven't got my head round doing mods yet. I look at how tight and neat @eran0004 junctions are, and I figure I'm missing something.

I have the same problems I remember having before. I get a town to a reasonable size and am normally in good shape when High density is unlocked... then, where the initial layout it's neat and well thought out, I just end up building loads of new districts in a far less controlled fashion... which inevitably gives me massive traffic head aches. I slapped in a couple of cargo rail stations last thing last night, and completely overwhelmed two major junctions with trucks... I've got about 3mil in the bank so I can do a tonne of restructuring, I just hate knocking stuff down once it's established.

edit: as a continuation, I've just downloaded the 'move it' mod, this will help greatly in neatening up the more complex areas.. it hasn't help me solve my traffic issues.. in fact it made 'em worse... so that's two hours wasted.. d'oh. Time to break out the bulldozer me thinks... ah well.. it's just a test city anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's been years since I got this, downloaded 160mb of updates over christmas and gave it a whirl again. Had to watch a few vids to remind myself how it works. I get quite frustrated when trying to build junctions... I know there's mods out there that make it easier, but I haven't got my head round doing mods yet. I look at how tight and neat @eran0004 junctions are, and I figure I'm missing something.

I have the same problems I remember having before. I get a town to a reasonable size and am normally in good shape when High density is unlocked... then, where the initial layout it's neat and well thought out, I just end up building loads of new districts in a far less controlled fashion... which inevitably gives me massive traffic head aches. I slapped in a couple of cargo rail stations last thing last night, and completely overwhelmed two major junctions with trucks... I've got about 3mil in the bank so I can do a tonne of restructuring, I just hate knocking stuff down once it's established.

edit: as a continuation, I've just downloaded the 'move it' mod, this will help greatly in neatening up the more complex areas.. it hasn't help me solve my traffic issues.. in fact it made 'em worse... so that's two hours wasted.. d'oh. Time to break out the bulldozer me thinks... ah well.. it's just a test city anyway.

Yeah, "move it" is great for making nice looking junctions. To solve traffic issues I'd recommend the Traffic Manager President Edition mod. It features superior traffic AI and some nice tools for lane management. The traffic AI requires a bit of computer power though, but there is an option to enable it for a certain percentage of cars. Technically I suppose you could achieve highly efficient traffic with just 50% of the cars running the advanced AI.

Meanwhile, I've returned to the starting area of the town to add some more stuff around the industrial area. The train station got a little facelift as well, as I came up with a better solution to the parking issue and also made sure that the pedestrians no longer need to cross the main road to get to their bridge. I made sure to give it a coffee shop so there's some nice and cosy place to hang out if you have a long time to wait for your train.

Skärmbild (360).png Skärmbild (359).png Skärmbild (358).png

Unfortunately the RAM(?) issue is still happening in the area around the old town. Fortunately it's just a visual glitch, the buildings seem to still function even though they are flickering and/or going invisible.

Nice pics again eran0004. :)

I have spent over a week trying to win one of the scenarios, 'Fix the Traffic'. It took eight attempts, and many hours, :rolleyes: but it was enjoyable to do. :)

Nice pics again eran0004. :)

I have spent over a week trying to win one of the scenarios, 'Fix the Traffic'. It took eight attempts, and many hours, :rolleyes: but it was enjoyable to do. :)

Oh, I completely forgot about the scenarios. It would be fun to give them a try!

Yeah, "move it" is great for making nice looking junctions. To solve traffic issues I'd recommend the Traffic Manager President Edition mod. It features superior traffic AI and some nice tools for lane management. The traffic AI requires a bit of computer power though, but there is an option to enable it for a certain percentage of cars. Technically I suppose you could achieve highly efficient traffic with just 50% of the cars running the advanced AI

Already added TMPE, also added the green cities, industries, and mass transit DLCs. It all enhances the game but im still struggling a bit once cities get to a certain size.

Still play this game to this day from launch on ps4.

One mod I wish I could have is traffic lane management.

When I build a 4 way roads and the whole city uses just one lane is nearly game breaking, spend hours making alternative routes to solve one bottleneck.

Already added TMPE, also added the green cities, industries, and mass transit DLCs. It all enhances the game but im still struggling a bit once cities get to a certain size.

Three more tricks:

1. Don’t build as densely as possible, try to leave some gaps in between buildings. It spreads out the traffic and it creates more space in between intersections.

2. Consider the road hierarchy and the purpose of a particular road. Is the purpose to get traffic flowing, or to give access to a building? The bigger main roads should have few or no buildings connected to it, basically you just want it to make traffic flow. The buildings can be placed on parallel roads or crossing roads.

3. Use google maps for reference. Usually, real cities show good examples of these techniques.

Still play this game to this day from launch on ps4.

One mod I wish I could have is traffic lane management.

When I build a 4 way roads and the whole city uses just one lane is nearly game breaking, spend hours making alternative routes to solve one bottleneck.

Yeah it can be pretty frustrating when there is a massive traffic jam and 3/4 lanes are empty.

One way of solving that is to analyse where the traffic wants to go, and at the points where they spread out to their various destination you take one or two lanes out after the intersection so you get [4] -> [intersection] -> [<4]. That way you get one (or two) turning lanes while the other lanes continue straight on. It forces the traffic to pick the lane that corresponds to their destination.

Yeah it can be pretty frustrating when there is a massive traffic jam and 3/4 lanes are empty.

One way of solving that is to analyse where the traffic wants to go, and at the points where they spread out to their various destination you take one or two lanes out after the intersection so you get [4] -> [intersection] -> [<4]. That way you get one (or two) turning lanes while the other lanes continue straight on. It forces the traffic to pick the lane that corresponds to their destination.

I have learnt how to work around it somewhat, what is more frustrating is that there is a mod on pc to fix it and it looks so simple lol wish they would add this to console but I dont see it happening.

Good snaps of the cities by the way.

I may upload some of mine on here :)

1. Don’t build as densely as possible, try to leave some gaps in between buildings. It spreads out the traffic and it creates more space in between intersections.

2. Consider the road hierarchy and the purpose of a particular road. Is the purpose to get traffic flowing, or to give access to a building? The bigger main roads should have few or no buildings connected to it, basically you just want it to make traffic flow. The buildings can be placed on parallel roads or crossing roads.

3. Use google maps for reference. Usually, real cities show good examples of these techniques.

Thanks, I do need to plan ahead more in general.

I thought about making a copy of my home town. Having thought about, it's not actually that complex and could be good practice. There's quite a bit of topography going on, so I'd probably need to learn how to generate the terrain first, add in the road links, and the river (canal). The main thing that's putting me off is researching how to get the housing styles (roughly) right. I watched some videos from the guy who tried to recreate London, and there's some good tips, I've just not done any tuning of the 'look' of a city at all yet.

The other problem is not being able to dedicate enough time to the game... but that's a different story.

Thanks, I do need to plan ahead more in general.

I thought about making a copy of my home town. Having thought about, it's not actually that complex and could be good practice. There's quite a bit of topography going on, so I'd probably need to learn how to generate the terrain first, add in the road links, and the river (canal). The main thing that's putting me off is researching how to get the housing styles (roughly) right. I watched some videos from the guy who tried to recreate London, and there's some good tips, I've just not done any tuning of the 'look' of a city at all yet.

The other problem is not being able to dedicate enough time to the game... but that's a different story.

You can grab a heightmap from terrain,party. It doesn't always seem to be working, but when it does it's pretty good. As I understand it, it's based on height data collected from various space shuttle missions and a Japanese satellite. It will probably come out a bit pixelated so you might need to spend some time with the smooth terrain tool in the map creator of the game before you get a result that you're happy with.

Rivers are kind of hard, especially small ones. I know that there is a "network rivers" mod which supposedly makes it easier, but I haven't tried it.

I hope you can find some time :)

@eran0004

I've looked at Terrain Party before, I'd investigate it, but I might be tempted to try and free hand it.

Have you made any assets yourself (in Blender) for example?

@eran0004

I've looked at Terrain Party before, I'd investigate it, but I might be tempted to try and free hand it.

Have you made any assets yourself (in Blender) for example?

The Marble Mountain series on YouTube has some nice examples of freehanding terrain.

I haven’t made any assets yet, but I might give it a try. If I can find some good tutorials.

So, I'm now running with Green Cities, Mass Transit, Industries, Parklife and After Dark DLCs, and a hand full of mods and assets, and I was going to pick up the Matchday/Concert/Campus and perhaps Snowfall DLCs this weekend.

I really want to see a city through to being 'finished', by finished, I mean exploit all in game features and assets. So using the 25 tile mod and unlimited money/soil/oil/ore I decided to start a new city... (I've had a couple of false starts, started another one this week which seems promising, though I've already buggered up one of the zoned Forestry areas with a cargo station), but one thing I've noticed, is that once I hit ~20,000 people, my computer fans ramp up quite a bit, and at 3× game speed it's going all out... I'm finding I'm having to do most of the layout with the game paused, then let it run for a bit to see how the traffic has played out, else it tends to get really jerky to use.

One thing I'd really appreciate is intermediate density areas, I dislike going from suburban streets to skyscrapers so suddenly. I'm assuming there's not a mod for it, but I might have a look for some small high density assets, or big low density assets.

It really is a good game though.

Further to the above, I'm trying to get stuck into building a 25 tile city on the vague premise of "all killer-no filler". So I don't just want to put in a load of grids for the sake of filling up the map, I'd rather build each neighbourhood, zone or district a little more organically, I need to get my head around district styles though. I might use this thread as a bit of a diary to cover issues and to track progress... I'll spoiler it since it might be a bit boring!

-System req's:
I've avoiding installing anymore DLC's since it appears this might be what's causing the slowdown in game, even on mostly empty maps. Using a mod to toggle fog/smog/clouds, reducing the detail settings to medium has helped... and at ~33,000 population the slowdown isn't that bad and the fan only goes up 1 gear, not 4... so that's a bit better.. not sure if I'll get to fully populated 25 tiles or not, but we'll see.

-Industries, stations and mods:
I've set up industry areas for all resources, with enough capacity to supply ALL the unique factories. I did mess this up a bit, as I built all the extractors and processors, without the demand from the unique factories, which caused all kinds of supply chain issues.

This is compounded by the bizarre logic the AI uses for distributing resources to those that need it (processors sitting dormant with not enough raw materials despite being surrounded by suitable extractors for example).

On top of this, every time I build a cargo station it gets overwhelmed by exports from the Industry areas and zones, which totally banjaxes local traffic and leaves resources even thinner... I didn't want to increase the resources because I know (in theory) I can service all unique factories with what I have... so, to solve this problem, the extended district services mod was used to prevent (most) extractors, processors and warehouses exporting goods - thus keeping them going to my own factories. You can even specify exactly which other facilities a producer will deliver, which can help disperse traffic a bit. I've built 7 of the 16 factories so far, and turned up the output to 150% to keep the processors and extractors busy - I'll back this off with each new factory I build. I'm still only in ~4 tiles in one corner of the map... I thought I'd need more space than that to get all industry areas set up... guess not.

Installed the CSLMapView mod, which is really cool, and the custom name list mod, as I was getting loads of streets and cims getting named the same thing. I then got a little bit tipsy and decided to name a few houses randomly selected something more specific (instead of the usual "Briarwood Residence" stuff), which means further down the line, I can spend a bit of time looking for them again...
... or at least that's what I thought. I've only found one so far, and that was only 'cos I'd also renamed the road Travis Pastrana Street! I might keep this thing going as the map gets bigger though - like a 'where's Wally' for properties - small things amuse small minds :D

-Medium density
I'd forgotten about district policies, selecting no high-rise allows for larger buildings without dumping a massive skyscraper in the neighbourhood, works for residential, not sure it'll be as effective with commercial or office yet.

-Next
I need to bulldoze my entire metro system - getting lots of tailbacks in the tunnels because I laid it out without any thought. Also need to build a small internal railway for getting materials out of industry zones into the factory area. Traffic's hovering around 85% at the moment... not bad, but it's always trucks that cause tailbacks.

@eran0004
Did you solve your issues with the RICO mod/assets flickering? I'm hesitant to get into micro-managing building styles as it seems the mods can be pretty inconsistent. Some assets are pretty 'variable' too, in terms of quality and size.

@MatskiMonk I’m pretty sure now that the flickering is caused by the hillside area where I have placed hundreds of small houses close together. It only occurs when the camera is covering that part of the map. I guess some kind of graphics card or memory issue.

I have no issues with RICO at the moment, but if you are hesitant it’s not a necessary mod as most RICO buildings will be unique buildings or parks without it and you can place them anyway (although they would have a different function then). The best mods for customising the look of a city is definitely “plop the growables” and “move it”.

The transition from suburban to skyscrapers is tricky. If possible you could use motorways or big park areas to make a nice separation. Other than that I think just gradually building each block denser and denser until you reach the city center. Again, google maps is a great reference to use.

I found this talk inspiring for designing a city:

That's interesting stuff. Given some of the more psychological elements he refers to, you have to wonder how much is modelled into C:S.... But getting people on foot is certainly something I aim for in city design.

Skärmbild (373).png

Today I built an airport. The runway is of course unrealistically small (by about an order of magnitude) but I quite like the rest of it. Added some warehouses, a hotel, a control tower, some hangars, a helipad, a fire station, a police station, lots of parking space, a train line, bus stops (one bus line just going around the airport and another for going into the city) and a fuel depot.

I found myself getting seriously frustrated with the game this past weekend.
The crux of the issue is the AI lane discipline... having four lane highways with 5 tile long tailbacks because only one lane is being used is pretty annoying. I know there's lots I can do to alleviate heavy traffic, but when it's doing this at 85% then building the extra infrastructure is just a waste of time and money. Granted, I did cock-up a few things, but the crux of most issues I have with traffic always appears to be related to cargo terminals. I built one along the far undeveloped edge of my 25 tile city, basically to serve the Shipyard, and the 4 related warehouses, and virtually ALL industry traffic headed straight for it, ignoring the other two cargo stations or the Cargo airport. This caused big problems with local infrastructure when roundabouts started getting clogged and before I know it, dead bodies and trash ends up with me bull-dozing huge numbers of properties. Part of the problem (as I discovered after about 30 hours of frustration), was some of the pre-made junctions I was using, but there's definitely something kooky with the AI going on.. to the point where I was undoing a lot of changes I'd made using TM:PE.

My public transport is massively loosing me money, I can sustain it only because I'm running most factories at 150%. Income is generally about 370,000, expenses are normally about 360,000 (all taxes at 12%, 75,000 population), so I don't really want to build more of that yet, and I don't want to use more cargo stations as they seem to trigger massive waves of problems.

I've accumulated about 13,000,000 in credits since turning off unlimited money... so I can build whatever I want, and my next phases was going to be installing the Campus DLC and adding a University town in the middle of the map, but I'm really hesitant to whilst I keep seeing these issues.

As it is I've built two new highways to link far apart sections of the map, and I've thrown junctions at it left, right and centre, to give the traffic more options. I really want to keep expanding the map (still want to achieve 25 tiles utilisation), and still always have good industry demand, but at this rate, every new neigbourhood I build leads to 5 hours of sorting out traffic problems in some other area of the map. I've set traffic to despawn for a while to try and let it find a level.

tl;dr.. I get it, overcoming these obstacles is part of the game, it just gets frustrating when there's forces at work that just appear to be stupid AI.

I found myself getting seriously frustrated with the game this past weekend.
The crux of the issue is the AI lane discipline... having four lane highways with 5 tile long tailbacks because only one lane is being used is pretty annoying. I know there's lots I can do to alleviate heavy traffic, but when it's doing this at 85% then building the extra infrastructure is just a waste of time and money. Granted, I did cock-up a few things, but the crux of most issues I have with traffic always appears to be related to cargo terminals. I built one along the far undeveloped edge of my 25 tile city, basically to serve the Shipyard, and the 4 related warehouses, and virtually ALL industry traffic headed straight for it, ignoring the other two cargo stations or the Cargo airport. This caused big problems with local infrastructure when roundabouts started getting clogged and before I know it, dead bodies and trash ends up with me bull-dozing huge numbers of properties. Part of the problem (as I discovered after about 30 hours of frustration), was some of the pre-made junctions I was using, but there's definitely something kooky with the AI going on.. to the point where I was undoing a lot of changes I'd made using TM:PE.

My public transport is massively loosing me money, I can sustain it only because I'm running most factories at 150%. Income is generally about 370,000, expenses are normally about 360,000 (all taxes at 12%, 75,000 population), so I don't really want to build more of that yet, and I don't want to use more cargo stations as they seem to trigger massive waves of problems.

I've accumulated about 13,000,000 in credits since turning off unlimited money... so I can build whatever I want, and my next phases was going to be installing the Campus DLC and adding a University town in the middle of the map, but I'm really hesitant to whilst I keep seeing these issues.

As it is I've built two new highways to link far apart sections of the map, and I've thrown junctions at it left, right and centre, to give the traffic more options. I really want to keep expanding the map (still want to achieve 25 tiles utilisation), and still always have good industry demand, but at this rate, every new neigbourhood I build leads to 5 hours of sorting out traffic problems in some other area of the map. I've set traffic to despawn for a while to try and let it find a level.

tl;dr.. I get it, overcoming these obstacles is part of the game, it just gets frustrating when there's forces at work that just appear to be stupid AI.

I know what you mean. The best and quickest way to fix the AI is to enable the AI behaviour that comes with the TMPE mod (it’s in the options menu for the mod), it makes them change lanes dynamically rather than just pick the default one and stick to it no matter what.

With the TMPE AI I generally don’t need more than two lanes, with the exception of busy intersections where a few extra turning lanes simply allow more cars to flow through per traffic light cycle.

I know what you mean. The best and quickest way to fix the AI is to enable the AI behaviour that comes with the TMPE mod (it’s in the options menu for the mod), it makes them change lanes dynamically rather than just pick the default one and stick to it no matter what.

I've a mixture of settings for Traffic manager as it affects performance, and the PC is still blowing a gale unless paused! I believe it did make a difference though. Another thing which helped, was using (what I guess is) 'turn-left on Red', an option I've basically been ignoring since it doesn't factor into my mindset (we don't have it here).. which also helped at a couple of junctions. I need to get my head around the timed traffic light options too.

Anyway, after posting the rant above, the following night I had a similar issue with trains. This one however was mostly on me. I'd bulldozed a small section of rail at a junction which left an entire spur unused... I'd been so busy with traffic I'd not realised this, and ended up with completely jammed trains across the entire map - save for the the spur that had become disconnected... that took a while to sort out.

I've turned all my factories down to 110% from 150%. This eases off the truck traffic a bit and I'm still making good money. I'll have to watch out for the industry areas though, I've used the EDS mod to make sure imports and exports are balanced to keep my factories well stocked... if their demand is down the extractors and processors can't export at the moment.

Looking back at my city stats, I need to watch out for death waves too now I'm doing high density. 10k drop in population occured at the same time as I was struggling with the traffic, which probably didn't help...

.. anyway, spent last night simply creating new road and foot path connections for many neighbourhoods and keeping an eye on the traffic which stabilised back at ~85%. So...

... I downloaded the Campus DLC. I can have three Uni Campuses with the varisty sports venues distributed amongst them, or across the map, tonight I'll build the first nearer to my new high density area and see what happens... I'm expecting traffic issues, but it might enable me to start getting better utilisation of my metros, and I might even go as far as banning cars from that part of the city. I want trams, but for that I need the Snowfall DLC, might start building some bus only routes instead.

Skärmbild (378).png

I started building the first district of the city. The plan is to keep it dense close to the railway line and then gradually make it lighter. In the background to the left you can see a rather messy interchange, I think I will try to rebuild it to make it a bit cleaner. Ideally I'd like to connect it to the roads that run along the railway.

Skärmbild (380).png

I like the skyline already :)

@MatskiMonk Do you have any picture of your city?

@eran0004

No beauty shots yet, the PC doesn't like it if I run in window mode, and I'm not sure how else to get screen caps... and besides that, in the frantic rush to sort traffic and trains it got ugly.

Anyway this is the layout for now...

Much work needs doing on constructing the junctions that lead to the central area and the one in the bottom left.

Still 16-17 tiles to do something with, but what's done needs a lot of TLC to make it interesting.

I'll post up some shots of the areas/districts this weekend.

@eran0004

No beauty shots yet, the PC doesn't like it if I run in window mode, and I'm not sure how else to get screen caps... and besides that, in the frantic rush to sort traffic and trains it got ugly.

Anyway this is the layout for now...

Much work needs doing on constructing the junctions that lead to the central area and the one in the bottom left.

Still 16-17 tiles to do something with, but what's done needs a lot of TLC to make it interesting.

I'll post up some shots of the areas/districts this weekend.

Looks nice!

I have an idea about the road layout in that central area, to build a main road connecting all the entry points to the highway. I marked the key features to connect in blue and marked new main roads in red. It does cut straight through a neighbourhood, but I think traffic would benefit from it.
7D35D233-78F1-4D97-9B9A-85AC8EE5E45A.jpeg

@eran0004

Interesting suggestion. The southern tip there is all IT/Office, it creates and receives very little traffic, and is served by two separate Metro lines. The two large complexes to the north of that, are the Zoo and the Uni, again each served by metro lines. They get good attendance, and even with the baseball ground at the Uni in use, traffic is less of an issue there. Traffic feeding in from the top of the map meant I created that turbine looking junction quickly just to join the district up in a few places, I've never been happy with it.

You're right though, joining the southern roundabout to the northern one is a good idea. I've been tweaking it and the arrangement currently looks like this...

upload_2020-2-29_12-3-52.png

With a tunnel joining the two.

That district in the middle was an experiment. I laid it down quickly and messed up the geometry of the roads, so I've started bull-dozing roads one at a time and rebuilding them in a more orderly perpendicular/parallel fashion. The secondary effect of this, as I'm doing it in stages, is to lessen the death wave effect.

I'm not happy with the Zoo area or the University either, I'd not placed any of those assets before so it was a bit of an experimentation, there's a Leisure district somewhere in there too which is messy. That Manhatten-esque city area is supposed to be a bit denser than it is.

Back