Classic PS1 Title Crash Team Racing Could Get a Remaster

There is no way any kart racer can beat this. The amount of content and fan service there is is phenomenal

Right? I was already sold on the idea that this was essentially just an HD facelift of the best kart game that generation. Now I find out there's a whole bunch of new stuff being made for it, plus things from the sequels (which I never played)? And it's cheaper than a regular title?

I know what I'm playing June 21.

Right? I was already sold on the idea that this was essentially just an HD facelift of the best kart game that generation. Now I find out there's a whole bunch of new stuff being made for it, plus things from the sequels (which I never played)? And it's cheaper than a regular title?

I know what I'm playing June 21.
Sadly i got a league race on GTS that night as well, so it's a bit or CTR first.

But after that it's CTR league racing of some sort.:D

That was meant to be the Shut Up and Take My Money Meme
Inserting images on GTP is a pain

At the beginning, many people was happy for a straight up CTR remaster with a few extras.

The last couple of months have shown that Beenox have went nuclear with the game to the point calling it a remaster is a bit of a stretch.

Activision is really pushing Crash (and adding Spyro too) hard after the N. Sane trilogy surprised them.

I wasn't particularly interested in CTR to begin with (or the Crash N-Sane Trilogy itself to be frank), but the possible addition of Spyro as a playable character in this game post launch may just get my attention.

Last night on Twitch, I saw an ad for this reborn Crash Team Racing. Crash Team Racing is quite popular, but I have never played it. I think I've seen a long play of it or something. The new CTR game does look great from what I've seen.

Picking up my preordered copy in a few minutes. Getting it on Switch. I'm away from home so I can't get it on PS4 yet.

Been dying to play this. I've got it downloaded and ready for tonight, so does my brother for some online play. Feels like just yesterday I bought the PS1 version new and played it with my siblings.

About 1/3 of the way through the campaign and... man the nostalgia is real. CTR was my childhood and it's nice to see it remastered with some additional content too. Still getting used to the controls and feeling of the karts but other than that, amazing game.

I’m really enjoying this so far but it’s also very hard. More so than I remember it being. I started out doing Classic Adventure mode, so no difficulty adjustment and made it all the way to Hot Air Skyway but can’t for the life of me win that stage. Ended up starting another file in easy to get a hang of things.

Also, what’s with the Wumpa Coins? Seems to be no consistency with the number of coins you get after a race, whether you win or lose a race or play on any difficulty. I got 800 coins one race and 20 in another. Kinda annoying when things in the Pit Stop cost at minimum 1000 coins.

Single player gives a maximum of 60 coins. That depends on the length of the track.

Online gives you a lot more based on your ranking. So if you want to farm, play online.

I’m really enjoying this so far but it’s also very hard. More so than I remember it being. I started out doing Classic Adventure mode, so no difficulty adjustment and made it all the way to Hot Air Skyway but can’t for the life of me win that stage. Ended up starting another file in easy to get a hang of things.

Also, what’s with the Wumpa Coins? Seems to be no consistency with the number of coins you get after a race, whether you win or lose a race or play on any difficulty. I got 800 coins one race and 20 in another. Kinda annoying when things in the Pit Stop cost at minimum 1000 coins.
I was playing in Nitro Fueled mode but didn't see the difficulty adjustment at the start of the game - I was playing in Medium difficulty but found it irritatingly hard.

Last edited:
People are getting the hang of it, they are calling "Wumpa time" to a period in which you earn a lot of coins per race but still people don't know how to trigger it or how long it lasts.
I must admit, I am pretty disappointed with the game already... it is too hard and it's the first time I've really lost my 🤬 at a game within the first couple of hours playing. I don't think I'm going to enjoy this nearly as much as I thought I would :indiff:
I've seen that the difficulty doesn't make the AI better, it just makes them faster; you could be boosting and taking advantage of the reserves system, and taking the tracks' shortcuts and you'd be barely keeping up with the AI, and they're doing none of that.

If you’re having trouble with Medium/Classic, you are not gonna have fun with Hard. It’s a lot more difficult. You pretty much have to take every shortcut and boost like crazy. I’ve gotten the hang of it after a while and I’m quite enjoying it!

I've found medium to be just right for me. I pull away from the field in easy and get left behind in hard.

I tried to be a hero and tried hard having not played it before (or at least not remembering playing) and had absolutely no chance of keeping. So decided to switch to classic which seems to be about right for me for now - have to do reasonably well to win but I'm not getting absolutely pummeled if I mess up. Enjoying it so far, though yet to properly try out the online mode.

Back