Clio Cup Full!Finished 

• Thread starter Ryan Wall
  • 275 comments
God dam, Thought i would practice the track this week for a change and got Cadwell nailed! Was flying round it last night! :lol:

God dam, Thought i would practice the track this week for a change and got Cadwell nailed! Was flying round it last night! :lol:
Haha, sorry mate I have had no practice I did a couple of laps and I was struggling like mad! So I'm sort of glad haha! I really don't understand why it doesn't hold 16 players

Haha, sorry mate I have had no practice I did a couple of laps and I was struggling like mad! So I'm sort of glad haha! I really don't understand why it doesn't hold 16 players
Yeah i hated it at first but love it now, Perfect for the Clio's imo as alot of tracks the wee cars feel so underpowered.

Standings After Rounds 13-15

1. WalleyUK 175pts

2. GT5_Vass 171pts

3. Darksykes 146pts

4. Bigsykester 129pts

5. Duudiz 121pts

6. Lanius1984 118pts

7. Flaw3DGenius23 98pts

8. AleGunner 92pts

9. xKLN 91pts

10. DannyWUK 66pts

11. Feel_My_Banter 57pts

12. CEagle 49pts

13. Tommy_Boy_2k12 48pts

14. Gener4l_Wrighty 37pts

15. Cupra-R 33pts

Hope To See Everyone Next Week!

Last edited:
Standings After Rounds 13-15

1. WalleyUK 175pts

2. GT5_Vass 171pts

3. Darksykes 146pts

4. Bigsykester 129pts

5. Duudiz 121pts

6. Lanius1984 118pts

7. AleGunner 92pts

8. xKLN 91pts

9. Flaw3DGenius23 86pts

10. DannyWUK 66pts

11. Feel_My_Banter 57pts

12. CEagle 49pts

13. Tommy_Boy_2k12 48pts

14. Gener4l_Wrighty 37pts

15. Cupra-R 33pts

Hope To See Everyone Next Week!

I came 5th 5th and 4th, Should be on 98?

My experience last night made me question why I'm racing online TBH...

Race 1 - I was hit from behind 3 times and sent off the track after qualifying on pole. The first one was a racing incident, and sent me towards the back, fair enough. But the next 2 followed me making clean passes, only to be royally taken out in what I can only assume was intentional contact.

Race 2 - around some of the clean guys, it was a good fair race. More like what I would expect every time really.

Race 3 - dunno what to say. Firstly, I was halfway through a race, in 2nd and it was restarted. Then a false start (my own fault) gave me a drivethrough - that's fine, I came out at the back of the pack, still in the race... only to then receive a 50 second penalty where I couldn't drive... for cutting the track!!! (ie serving my drive through) !

For an evening of commitment, I didn't enjoy it and I'm really frustrated with the results I got. I hope it was a one off, but between aggressive and disrespectful driving (only a select few as far as I can tell) and a damn buggy game, I'm still feeling a bit sour about it.

My experience last night made me question why I'm racing online TBH...

Race 1 - I was hit from behind 3 times and sent off the track after qualifying on pole. The first one was a racing incident, and sent me towards the back, fair enough. But the next 2 followed me making clean passes, only to be royally taken out in what I can only assume was intentional contact.

Race 2 - around some of the clean guys, it was a good fair race. More like what I would expect every time really.

Race 3 - dunno what to say. Firstly, I was halfway through a race, in 2nd and it was restarted. Then a false start (my own fault) gave me a drivethrough - that's fine, I came out at the back of the pack, still in the race... only to then receive a 50 second penalty where I couldn't drive... for cutting the track!!! (ie serving my drive through) !

For an evening of commitment, I didn't enjoy it and I'm really frustrated with the results I got. I hope it was a one off, but between aggressive and disrespectful driving (only a select few as far as I can tell) and a damn buggy game, I'm still feeling a bit sour about it.
Sorry to hear that, the 2nd and 3rd races were clean but I can see why you are frustrated but I had no choice but to restart the race and the qualifying was my bad I was trying something knew but it got a bit confusing if I do one of these again I shall try and make sure everyone understands beforehand. The 50 second penalty is completely out of my hands the only thing I can do is turn the penalties off but then people would be jumping the start and that would just cause more problems. I don't want anyone to have a bad night it is meant to be fun, the first couple of races were awesome last week wasn't great I know that but last night if it wasn't for the balls up of someone sitting on the grid and the penalty glitch I don't think it would of been to bad. Also my **** up trying to do a reverse grid was appalling.

Sorry to hear that, the 2nd and 3rd races were clean but I can see why you are frustrated but I had no choice but to restart the race and the qualifying was my bad I was trying something knew but it got a bit confusing if I do one of these again I shall try and make sure everyone understands beforehand. The 50 second penalty is completely out of my hands the only thing I can do is turn the penalties off but then people would be jumping the start and that would just cause more problems. I don't want anyone to have a bad night it is meant to be fun, the first couple of races were awesome last week wasn't great I know that but last night if it wasn't for the balls up of someone sitting on the grid and the penalty glitch I don't think it would of been to bad. Also my **** up trying to do a reverse grid was appalling.

No problem with the quali, fair enough to try it.
The race restart, maybe fine too.
In terms of penalties, the problem is, they are broken. Race 3 highlighted it, but even with penalties ON, people can jump the start... I just happened to jump it by a fraction more.
When I've started on front row previously and waited for Green, I get swamped as you can go early without penalty (its a flawed system that looks for you to cross the pit box line rather than any movement at all).

Before my initial penalty popped up, I actually slowed a little on the straight as I knew I'd gone too early... because I try to be fair. It seems the reason to have penalties On, even when they are broken, is because some people won't play fair. Yet the game wasn't punishing the people I saw literally driving in a straight line, grass and all, over the final tight chicane and gaining half a second. Again these people were nearer the back, so the problem may lie back there, but its not fun if you get caught there.

Anyway, no point me continuing to moan as it's not gonna help the situation.

EDIT: Just to add... the kind of racing that goes on at the front (including a really fair fight I had with Vass in Race 2), is exactly what i was looking for when I signed up. It just seems that not everyone plays to the same rules.

No problem with the quali, fair enough to try it.
The race restart, maybe fine too.
In terms of penalties, the problem is, they are broken. Race 3 highlighted it, but even with penalties ON, people can jump the start... I just happened to jump it by a fraction more.
When I've started on front row previously and waited for Green, I get swamped as you can go early without penalty (its a flawed system that looks for you to cross the pit box line rather than any movement at all).

Before my initial penalty popped up, I actually slowed a little on the straight as I knew I'd gone too early... because I try to be fair. It seems the reason to have penalties On, even when they are broken, is because some people won't play fair. Yet the game wasn't punishing the people I saw literally driving in a straight line, grass and all, over the final tight chicane and gaining half a second. Again these people were nearer the back, so the problem may lie back there, but its not fun if you get caught there.

Anyway, no point me continuing to moan as it's not gonna help the situation.

EDIT: Just to add... the kind of racing that goes on at the front (including a really fair fight I had with Vass in Race 2), is exactly what i was looking for when I signed up. It just seems that not everyone plays to the same rules.
I know what you mean people just need to understand to leave room, the problem is the people that are further back is they are scrambling to catch up they are braking late and pushing too hard instead of taking their time, this then causes problems for everyone else going into corners and things. Patience is what is needed.

Up for a night race next week?

I know what you mean people just need to understand to leave room, the problem is the people that are further back is they are scrambling to catch up they are braking late and pushing too hard instead of taking their time, this then causes problems for everyone else going into corners and things. Patience is what is needed.

Yeah people are to eager to overtake, However the last 2 races were very clean with some amazing battles going with plenty of overtakes happening.

Back