Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - OP Updated 06/10/14

• Thread starter CyKosis1973
  • 1,037 comments
Hi, guys :) I was wondering if I can post a tune here ? The car is the current difficult car - Ford Mustang GT '05. It's a simple tune at low PP, I thought that I can dedicate the build for this awesome garage :) Something to give back for some great feedback driving m replicas from @Ronald6 :D

Hi, guys :) I was wondering if I can post a tune here ? The car is the current difficult car - Ford Mustang GT '05. It's a simple tune at low PP, I thought that I can dedicate the build for this awesome garage :) Something to give back for some great feedback driving m replicas from @Ronald6 :D
You know you're always welcome on The Hill, my friend, both in front of a keyboard or behind the wheel 👍

Post away, Sir, it sounds delightfully Clueless :dopey:

{Cy}

Mustang GT S197
Blue Moon Control Freak IRS / Cortex Racing Xtreme-Grip Watt's Link
" COOKIE CUTTER PONY "

Special Build Mustang GT S197 450PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

autumn-ring_74-jpg.208266

CAR : Ford Mustang GT '05
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs - 57/43 distribution
Horsepower: 273 HP at 5900 RPM
Torque : 331.7 ft-lb at 4300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 71.8%
Weight: 1450 kg
Ballast : 195 kg
Ballast Position : +39
Weight Distribution : 57 / 43 - as in real life
Performance Points: 450

Specs - 55/45 distribution
Horsepower: 273 HP at 5900 RPM
Torque : 331.7 ft-lb at 4300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 71.8%
Weight: 1450 kg
Ballast : 195 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 55 / 45 - as in real life
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : +2 Inch Up RAYS TE37SL in Silver Chrome
Car Paint : Red or Isotope Green

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

n%C3%BCrburgring-nordschleife_68-jpg.208265

Suspension - Blue Moon Control Freak IRS Kit + Bilstein Damper and Eibach Springs 500/500
Personal Setup

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 100 100
Spring Rate: 8.93 8.93
Dampers (Compression): 5 7
Dampers (Extension): 4 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 2
Camber Angle: 1.8 0.2
Toe Angle: 0.18 0.04

Suspension - Cortex Racing Xtreme-Grip Spec Kit with Koni Front Struts + Coilover Watt's Link Rear 500/400

Front, Rear
Ride Height: 100 100
Spring Rate: 8.93 7.14
Dampers (Compression): 5 7
Dampers (Extension): 4 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 2
Camber Angle: 1.8 0.2
Toe Angle: 0.18 0.04

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - TREMEC TR6060 Close Ratio with Custom Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.556
Set Auto Max Speed at 420kmh / 261mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.660
2nd 1.780
3rd 1.300
4th 1.000
5th 0.800
6th 0.630
Set Final to 4.900 - Use lower final for more top speed or higher for lower top speed

LSD - 2 Way Carbon Clutch Ford Racing Traction-Lok Custom LSD
Initial Torque : 27
Acceleration Sensitivity: 29
Braking Sensitivity: 29

city-of-arts-and-sciences-night_57-jpg.208264

Brake Balance:
3/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 2 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/5 brake balance as starting point.
Notes :

This car was originally built as replica of a Mustang race car, but I decided to tune it for a set PP level.

From research, I found several different weight distribution figure from 57/43, 55/45 and 52/48. In this 450PP build, I provided 2 set, 57/43 and 55/45 and 52/48 is not possible. Power is modest 273HP with 1450kg weight. Nothing fancy, hence the name cookie cutter pony :lol:

The Mustang has 2 set suspension based on 2 different setup, one is based on Blue Moon Control Freak IRS Kit for the rear end and the other is Cortex Racing Xtreme-Grip Kit similar to their SCAA Spec Mustang setup. Both setup works well on all weight distribution as I setup suspension for all around performer.

The LSD is setup with high preload and high lock to maintain stability and traction, roughly based on Traction-Lok Ford Racing Differential with custom Carbon Clutch upgrades. Not really accurate, but it perform exceptionally well even on comfort/street tires.

For gearing, I adapted Tremec TR6060 Close Ratio gearbox with custom final. The 4.900 final allows lower top speed and rapid acceleration.

The Cookie Cutter Pony was tuned and tested mainly at Tsukuba. The 450PP was able to lap in 1:05s range on comfort soft using Control Freak IRS + 55/45, pretty decent for a Mustang. It has also been test driven at Bathurst and Nordschleife, and it drives quite well without much drama.

I have also included a replay of the 1:05s lap at Tsukuba which should be good for reference.

ENJOY :cheers:

Attachments

• MustangGT1m05sTsukuba.zip
    266.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Take a hiatus, my friend. You've got to want to do it to enjoy it 👍

I had to step away from it for a while, so I could focus on stuff at home and to try and get my enthusiasm for the game back. It all worked out eventually...

{Cy}

Not gone forever, just until I feel I can post a tune in a comprehensive manner :dopey:

And welcome @Ridox2JZGTE :cheers::dopey:

P.S. Pics now with "Papi"

hi just wondering if your garage is looking for any tuners to join your team ? @Motor City Hami advised me to try here
I'm sure we can make some room around here for you, although we may have to convert one of the out-houses for you :sly:

Have a read of the front page, just to get an idea of what and who we are, once you're comfy, make a post which I can link on the front page and link all your tunes in that post. I come along when I can and keep the front page up to date 👍

Send me a FR on PSN as well, we can be found online together fairly often, along with many of our other friends from GTP and elsewhere around the world :cheers:

{Cy}

Not gone forever, just until I feel I can post a tune in a comprehensive manner :dopey:

And welcome @Ridox2JZGTE :cheers::dopey:

P.S. Pics now with "Papi"
I don't think I could post a thing here if I didn't have all my spreadsheets and stuff to keep my head in gear!! You're a Founding Father, my friend, so you're kinda stuck with us for life now :mischievous: I'm just the janitor :sly:

Could you have a look at the OP and make sure I've got all your work to date? Ta...
He can have the loft above the garage. The basement is mine! Welcome.
Even the rats avoid the basement these days, I don't know quite what you get up to down there..!! :irked:

{Cy}

Hi guys im new to Clueless Over The Hill Outlaws. To get things started, i am fairly new to the tuning side of things but getting their slowly but surely with the help of the more experienced tuners. I only really started tuning on the arrival of gt6 but have been playing since gt5.

@CyKosis1973 has giving me this wonderful oppertunity to join this fantastic garage to share my tunes. I hope you guys enjoy my tunes and please feel free to give some feedback on them, also tell me if their is anything that can be done to enhance them.

I do most of my tuning on nurburgring nordschleife. The track is just simply amazing and i hope that one day i will actually drive it for real. Currently i am trying too tune on various tracks to get the most out of my tunes. well to the besr of my ability.

my tunes are mostly for time trial, except the ones I create for the FITT challenge. But i will be posting some in the future for seasonals and possibly drift. "SOMEDAY".

my tunes will be listed below.

I will be taking some time out round about november for a little bit due to the arrival of my second kid, as all people in gtp appreciate family comes first and foremost. but as big arnie says "I'll be back".

VAUXHALL CORSA

SPOON CIVIC

HONDA CIVI SIR II (EG) '91

GOLF IV R32 '03

LEXUS IS 200

SUZUKI ALTO WORKS

BMW M3 04

VOLVO C30 R DESIGN

SPRINTER TRUENO GT APEX

RENAULT CLIO RS 16v 2.0

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION IX GSR TOURING CAR

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/449pp-honda-civic-98.4056/

Last edited:
vauxhall corsa 1.4 '01
450pp
961kg
257bhp

oil change

Comfort soft tyres +

Best of all parts except nos

Ride height 115/110
Springs. 4.37/4.02
DC. 2/2
De. 3/3
Arb. 2/2
Camber. 0.0/0.0
Toe. -0.14/0.08
Brakes. 4/6

Transmission
Reset to default
Final gear 5500
Max speed 99
Ratios
1st. 2.785
2nd. 1.950
3rd. 1.444
4th. 1.115
5th. 0.895
Final 4.000

LSD. 8/25/10

88kg @ 50%

Adjust top speed by final gear only

Tuned on brands hatch gp 450pp seasonal

car handles great from comfort softs up

Last edited:

IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
Tuning Database Entry, please rate if you like
I've been doing a bit of mucking about in these; both stable and nicely driveable on the Nordschleife - you can be fairly aggressive but watch out for the loose back end. As usual grip, grip and grip are the main advantages, especially out of the corner. I think I preferred the '05 - around 7:42 offline, though I haven't beaten my own Evoque time yet :dopey:.

@CyKosis1973 @NEWDRIVER2 - looks like I was a bit late to the party the other night! Ended up doing a couple of Johnny-no-mates practise laps in my Honda 1300. I should get more time in about 3 months when my dining room renovation project is completed :banghead:, hopefully you chaps will be (semi) regular again.

Cy, are you doing a serious tune for the Mini Marcos? I'd be interested to see that - it's highly likely to be better than my various tunes :lol: (they tend to suck online).

I've been doing a bit of mucking about in these; both stable and nicely driveable on the Nordschleife - you can be fairly aggressive but watch out for the loose back end. As usual grip, grip and grip are the main advantages, especially out of the corner. I think I preferred the '05 - around 7:42 offline, though I haven't beaten my own Evoque time yet :dopey:.

@CyKosis1973 @NEWDRIVER2 - looks like I was a bit late to the party the other night! Ended up doing a couple of Johnny-no-mates practise laps in my Honda 1300. I should get more time in about 3 months when my dining room renovation project is completed :banghead:, hopefully you chaps will be (semi) regular again.

Cy, are you doing a serious tune for the Mini Marcos? I'd be interested to see that - it's highly likely to be better than my various tunes :lol: (they tend to suck online).
Thanks for taking the time to rag the Scoobies, they're enjoyable cars to throw around. The rear for both is really rather stiff, but I like it this way, you can let the springs to take the weight going into the corners and it helps drive it hard out. They do have their limits though and when they let go, it's usually quite spectacular!! :sly:

Yeah, sorry about the other night. We're trying to get the house straight for visitors over the next coupla weekends and it was my turn to cook!! The Marcos was an experimental build, but I'll gladly spend a little more time on it if it's going to get some love and you're happy that it'll be as slow as an asthmatic snail 👍
So a bunch of clueless misfits with kegs? My kind of people!:lol:
That's pretty much this tuning house in a nutshell :D

{Cy}

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/CWHfvd'][/URL]

Spoon Civic type r (ek) '00

DS3

507pp
324bhp
Weight 820kg
Front/rear weight distribution 62/38
Max torque 24kgfm
Power to weight ratio 2.53kg/bhp

All upgrades except nos
tires from sport soft to racing softs. up to the individual driver
Oil change: yes

Suspension
Rh 76/76
Sr 12.02/6.58
Dc 8/8
De 10/6
Arb 3/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.12/-0.12
Brakes 3/7

Transmission
*reset to default
* set final gear 5250
* max speed 112
* highest gear max
* set final 3275
Set ratios as follows
1. 4.707
2. 3.313
3. 2.569
4. 2.060
5. 1.700
6. 1.441

Lsd 7/21/7

all aids off except abs 1.

this car does nurburgring nordschleife in under 7 minutes with racing softs.. thats good for my hectic driving style. but give the tune a try and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Sorry my friend we was late and we should went offline but someone came and want to challenge our tunes on the Ring life :sly: he choose My Night Rider to race against it using his 86 but end up by 23sec late :lol: .
Looking to race with you again usually I'm online now Sunday and Monday night you are more than welcome to join us 👍

ND

well heres another tune for you guys. a maxed out Honda Civic Sir-II (EG) '91. I recently created a tune with this car for the fitt challenge, so i decided to not let it go too waste and tune it for time trial on my favourite track. The tune was created on sports medium but works fantastically all the way up too racing softs. hope you enjoy.

HONDA CIVIC SIR-II (EG) '91

DS3

oil change yes

486pp
340bhp

The Tune
SUSPENSION
RH 99/99
SR 10.88/7.81
DC 8/8
DE 9/7
ARB 3/7
CAMBER 1.4/0.6
TOE -0.11/-0.08
BRAKES 4/6

TRANSMISSION
SET FINAL TO 6000
MAX SPEED TO 112
SET FINAL TO 3500
SET RATIOS AS FOLLOWS
1. 3.032
2. 2.276
3. 1.779
4. 1.439
5. 1.189
6. 0.966

LSD 9/27/10

all aids off except abs+1

hope you enjoy

well heres another tune for you guys. a maxed out Honda Civic Sir-II (EG) '91. I recently created a tune with this car for the fitt challenge, so i decided to not let it go too waste and tune it for time trial on my favourite track. The tune was created on sports medium but works fantastically all the way up too racing softs. hope you enjoy.

HONDA CIVIC SIR-II (EG) '91

DS3

oil change yes

486pp
340bhp

The Tune
SUSPENSION
RH 99/99
SR 10.88/7.81
DC 8/8
DE 9/7
ARB 3/7
CAMBER 1.4/0.6
TOE -0.11/-0.08
BRAKES 4/6

TRANSMISSION
SET FINAL TO 6000
MAX SPEED TO 112
SET FINAL TO 3500
SET RATIOS AS FOLLOWS
1. 3.032
2. 2.276
3. 1.779
4. 1.439
5. 1.189
6. 0.966

LSD 9/27/10

all aids off except abs+1

hope you enjoy
Good to see you took Hami's advice and found a new home. Good luck 👍

@CyKosis1973 nice of you to let the new guy in, now let's just hope he does not come out ahead of us in the latest FITT Challenge :P :lol::lol:

Good to see you took Hami's advice and found a new home. Good luck 👍

@CyKosis1973 nice of you to let the new guy in, now let's just hope he does not come out ahead of us in the latest FITT Challenge :P :lol::lol:
I kinda figured that the more people we had in the shop, the less work I'd have to do :sly: As long as we can stick it to the RWD boys, I'll be happy, but if it looks like Randy is going to do better than us, I'll let a little air out of his tyres :mischievous:
lol theres no chance of that happening haha maybe in the future once im more experienced. and thank you very much @Bowtie-muscle
You'll do just fine, my friend, take advantage of the testing to see what other people are doing with their cars. Besides reading all the info that the community has put together, testing for a shootout is probably one of the best ways to learn about the game mechanics 👍

{Cy}

He can have the loft above the garage. The basement is mine! Welcome.

Maybe you could rent out some of @XDesperado67 's space. I think the Wallbanger has been listening to too much Jimmy Buffet, and he's gone off sailing and drinking Margaritas.

Yeah, sorry about the other night. We're trying to get the house straight for visitors over the next coupla weekends and it was my turn to cook!! The Marcos was an experimental build, but I'll gladly spend a little more time on it if it's going to get some love and you're happy that it'll be as slow as an asthmatic snail 👍

Sorry my friend we was late and we should went offline but someone came and want to challenge our tunes on the Ring life :sly: he choose My Night Rider to race against it using his 86 but end up by 23sec late :lol: .
Looking to race with you again usually I'm online now Sunday and Monday night you are more than welcome to join us 👍

No need to apologise chaps! If there is only noisy work to do in the dining room (can't do when kids are in bed), I might be able to sneak a Monday session :lol:. I've got the Knight Rider Elise ready to go - that is a fantastic car, ND.

@CyKosis1973 I love the Mini Marcos. You may or may not have seen my incessant ramblings in other threads about it :dopey:, but I have used it for everything it can enter in the A-Spec career mode - up to IB (I think) - and it has 'Most Victories' in my stats at around 28. I started to use the Spitfire when it became underpowered :lol:.

I've made a couple of variations - one with a 50:50 weight distribution and fairly loose back end and one with 60:40. The first potentially gives better entry speeds but the second affords more exit grip; both have a lot of ballast to allow a more competitive power output, but obviously you are still slow compared to bigger cars of the same pp. By the way, you won't be able to fit in a body bag, so you'll have to use more conventional means .

While both variations have served me well and been fun offline, they are poor online - too much understeer or oversteer. Which is why I'm interested in seeing one from a 'proper' tuner 👍.

@CyKosis1973 I love the Mini Marcos. You may or may not have seen my incessant ramblings in other threads about it :dopey:, but I have used it for everything it can enter in the A-Spec career mode - up to IB (I think) - and it has 'Most Victories' in my stats at around 28. I started to use the Spitfire when it became underpowered :lol:.

I've made a couple of variations - one with a 50:50 weight distribution and fairly loose back end and one with 60:40. The first potentially gives better entry speeds but the second affords more exit grip; both have a lot of ballast to allow a more competitive power output, but obviously you are still slow compared to bigger cars of the same pp. By the way, you won't be able to fit in a body bag, so you'll have to use more conventional means .

While both variations have served me well and been fun offline, they are poor online - too much understeer or oversteer. Which is why I'm interested in seeing one from a 'proper' tuner 👍.
I imagine the Marcos is a hoot against the AI, I'll persevere with the car. I think mine was on the heavy side, probably about a 52/48 split. You can drive Brands Hatch (80's variant) pretty much flat out with only lifting on the throttle or kissing the brakes. It's a lot of fun. Bloodredsky joined us for a while in one of the old Mazda Cosmos, it wasn't fair contest, but I enjoyed reeling him in in the corners, even if he did blast away on the straight bits.

And you're right, it's not a body mover, it's much more suited to delivering severed body parts and ransom demands :mischievous:

{Cy}

hi guys just wondering if anyone could help me out a bit here, im currently in the process of tuning the "bmw 2002 turbo". the tune its self is ok but the problem i have is when turning a corner the back end tends to kick out. is there a way of controlling this, like any adjustments ie camber toe arb.

any help is greatly appreciated.

hi guys just wondering if anyone could help me out a bit here, im currently in the process of tuning the "bmw 2002 turbo". the tune its self is ok but the problem i have is when turning a corner the back end tends to kick out. is there a way of controlling this, like any adjustments ie camber toe arb.

any help is greatly appreciated.

This sounds like the generic problem with older RWD cars in GT. Is it mid to late corner?

I'm no expert tuner by the way, but I like to use old cars and I've found the trait in all of them. I've haven't found a good solution yet!

I've found chassis reinforcement helps, it may be PDs attempt at accounting for chassis flex? Firming up lateral weight transfer can reduce the tendency too. It drives me mad :banghead: :lol:.

This sounds like the generic problem with older RWD cars in GT. Is it mid to late corner?

I'm no expert tuner by the way, but I like to use old cars and I've found the trait in all of them. I've haven't found a good solution yet!

I've found chassis reinforcement helps, it may be PDs attempt at accounting for chassis flex? Firming up lateral weight transfer can reduce the tendency too. It drives me mad :banghead: :lol:.

lol this is basically my first fr tune, i will add the reinforcement to see how it goes, hopefully it doesnt ruin it haha. thanks for the advice bro

lol this is basically my first fr tune, i will add the reinforcement to see how it goes, hopefully it doesnt ruin it haha. thanks for the advice bro
That BMW is a right pain. As @Woodski_427 says, it suffers from 'skinny' tyre syndrome. A lot of the older cars have period wheels and tyres, because PD won't let us do anything other than increase rim size :ouch:

If you want a slightly easier introduction to RWD, then I'd go with an MX5, S2000, BMW Z4 or one of the Nissan 350 or 370 Z cars, they're much more compliant than most 👍 All of which is a bit of a shame, because I really like the 2002, that's not to say that there aren't good tunes out there for it, but I suspect they all suffer a bit from unexpected tail slip...

{Cy}

That BMW is a right pain. As @Woodski_427 says, it suffers from 'skinny' tyre syndrome. A lot of the older cars have period wheels and tyres, because PD won't let us do anything other than increase rim size :ouch:

If you want a slightly easier introduction to RWD, then I'd go with an MX5, S2000, BMW Z4 or one of the Nissan 350 or 370 Z cars, they're much more compliant than most 👍 All of which is a bit of a shame, because I really like the 2002, that's not to say that there aren't good tunes out there for it, but I suspect they all suffer a bit from unexpected tail slip...

{Cy}
i will give one of them a go,it really is a shame thoughas the 2002 is a beautiful car...

Back