Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - OP Updated 06/10/14

• Thread starter CyKosis1973
  • 1,037 comments
Thank you my friend 👍

Seriously, this car made me feel like a good driver :lol:.

I did actually have it built when I first joined your room on Monday, but hadn't been online for a couple of weeks or used CS tyres for ages. Also I haven't always had a good relationship with MRs so I started with a familiar FF (the Civic) to get used to the grip. In the event I needn't have had any concerns! I stayed in the room for about 2 hours and used it all night.

The standing start is worthy of a 4wd, turn-in and cornering is just superb - the balance is as good is you'll get. Acceleration and top speed were superior to most of the other cars that came through the room that night. Best of all, this car is quite forgiving of errors or won't complain if you are off the line trying to overtake. A couple of times I thought I would go off when running wide, but it just turned in. It felt like I was running on SH tyres!

I got punted off a few times by a couple of those first sector demolition derby drivers, was well behind but still finished mid pack. I even won once :lol: - started in first place after having to kick someone, got away easily and finished in mid 8:43s, 3secs ahead.

(very minor) Minus points - doesn't like curbs; I once spun at the Karrussel - there is that point about 2/3 round where some cars just instantly spin. Maybe I hit the power too early? I was in first place of course when this happened :dunce:.

My biggest problem was that I was so much faster than some of the other drivers, and I was in this strange situation of having to try and get past them :boggled:.

Seriously, this car made me feel like a good driver :lol:.

I did actually have it built when I first joined your room on Monday, but hadn't been online for a couple of weeks or used CS tyres for ages. Also I haven't always had a good relationship with MRs so I started with a familiar FF (the Civic) to get used to the grip. In the event I needn't have had any concerns! I stayed in the room for about 2 hours and used it all night.

The standing start is worthy of a 4wd, turn-in and cornering is just superb - the balance is as good is you'll get. Acceleration and top speed were superior to most of the other cars that came through the room that night. Best of all, this car is quite forgiving of errors or won't complain if you are off the line trying to overtake. A couple of times I thought I would go off when running wide, but it just turned in. It felt like I was running on SH tyres!

I got punted off a few times by a couple of those first sector demolition derby drivers, was well behind but still finished mid pack. I even won once :lol: - started in first place after having to kick someone, got away easily and finished in mid 8:43s, 3secs ahead.

(very minor) Minus points - doesn't like curbs; I once spun at the Karrussel - there is that point about 2/3 round where some cars just instantly spin. Maybe I hit the power too early? I was in first place of course when this happened :dunce:.

My biggest problem was that I was so much faster than some of the other drivers, and I was in this strange situation of having to try and get past them :boggled:.

First of All thank you my friend for the review 👍 happy to see you enjoy it .

I will give you Some tips to know the key of this car .

This car don't like curbs and better to stay away from it , stay on the road like real life drive .
Alway stay on the road and try to learn how to drive it and when you learn that I'm sure you will like it more and it will reward you more happiness .
When the race start Keep the other cars in front of you run and let them pass you stay calm and after that take them one by one :sly:
Thank you again and Have a good day Sir

ND

Last edited:
Some fun was had by me a few days ago. I have been put off by the game, and been busy with life...(awesome kids and an awesom-er wife 👍 ) but I had some time to race one race and it was a BLAST!!!! Thanks to all that took part, and thank you Sam for putting a smile on my face with a clean fun race... and now some photos

bet you can't tell which ones me :dopey:
NuumlrburgringNordschleife_zps71ccf030.jpg
NuumlrburgringNordschleife_1_zps0e3dd760.jpg
NuumlrburgringNordschleife_2_zps096451dc.jpg
NuumlrburgringNordschleife_3_zps97fe6a1d.jpg

Some fun was had by me a few days ago. I have been put off by the game, and been busy with life...(awesome kids and an awesom-er wife 👍 ) but I had some time to race one race and it was a BLAST!!!! Thanks to all that took part, and thank you Sam for putting a smile on my face with a clean fun race... and now some photos

bet you can't tell which ones me :dopey:
NuumlrburgringNordschleife_zps71ccf030.jpg
NuumlrburgringNordschleife_1_zps0e3dd760.jpg
NuumlrburgringNordschleife_2_zps096451dc.jpg
NuumlrburgringNordschleife_3_zps97fe6a1d.jpg
It was a pleasure to have you in my lobby Adam 👍 yes really it was fun race that what I always looking for , happy to see you join me this day .
I think you was on the FTO :sly:

ND

Last edited:
Clueless over The Hill Outlaws
"Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 500pp SH"
name: Pot Roast

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Chevrolet(do not change oil)
Paintjob: stock
Wheels: aftermarket
rear wing : small body one
Downforce: 15
Weight Reduction: stage 1
Window Weight Reduction: no
Carbon Hood: no
Chassis reinforcement: no
Turbo: no
Sports cpu: no
Engine Tuning: no
Intake tuning: no
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: no
Exhaust: no
Transmission: FC
Clutch/flywheel: Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft: yes
LSD: yes
torque assist center differential: na
Suspension: FC
Tires: SH
Suspension
Ride height front 112, rear 112
Spring rate front 6.00, rear 10.42
Dampers (Compression) front 5 rear 4
Dampers (Extension) front 4 rear 5
Anti-roll bars front 4 rear 4
Camber angle front 0.0 rear 0.0
Toe angle front -.04 rear .15
Brakes: stock fr 5 rr 6
LSD
rear = initial 10, acceleration 11, braking 18
Transmission
set final to 5.000 then max speed to 124 mph
1st: 3.220, 2nd: 2.305, 3rd: 1.755, 4th: 1.390, 5th: 1.140, 6th: .960
final: 3.140

The Tune
Ballast weight : 46/-29
Power Limiter : 94.5%
Transmission: Auto/Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF
The car has 500 PP, weighs 1572Kg with a 48/52 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 4.34 kg/hp, has 403 HP
@5800 rpm and produces 420 ft-lb torque @4500 rpm
Notes:
Tuned online for Nurburgring Norschliefe. Works well at other tracks also.
Nicknamed Pot Roast because of its weight. Not the fastest Fr @500 but it is competitive and fun to drive.
*Bonus Tune*
"Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 550pp SS"
name: Pumping Ethyl
Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Chevrolet(do not change oil)
Paintjob: stock
Wheels: aftermarket
rear wing : small body one
Downforce: 20
Weight Reduction: stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: yes
Carbon Hood: yes body color
Chassis reinforcement: no
Turbo: no
Sports cpu: yes
Engine Tuning: no
Intake tuning: yes
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: no
Exhaust: race
Transmission: FC
Clutch/flywheel: Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft: yes
LSD: yes
torque assist center differential: na
Suspension: FC
Tires: SS
Suspension
Ride height front 112, rear 112
Spring rate front 5.96, rear 10.34
Dampers (Compression) front 5 rear 4
Dampers (Extension) front 4 rear 5
Anti-roll bars front 4 rear 4
Camber angle front 0.0 rear 0.0
Toe angle front -.04 rear .15
Brakes: stock fr 5 rr 6
LSD
rear = initial 10, acceleration 10, braking 18
Transmission
set final to 5.000 then max speed to 124 mph
1st: 3.345, 2nd: 2.490, 3rd: 1.885, 4th: 1.500, 5th: 1.230, 6th: 1.020
final: 3.050

The Tune
Ballast weight : 6/-20
Power Limiter : 98.8%
Transmission: Auto/Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF
The car has 550 PP, weighs 1307Kg with a 48/52 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 2.52 kg/hp, has 518 HP
@6200 rpm and produces 477 ft-lb torque @5000 rpm
Notes:
Tuned online for Nurburgring Norschliefe. Works well at other tracks also.
Pot Roast hit the gym, lost some weight, gained some muscle and changed his name to Pumping Ethyl.
550pp puts the Camaro in supercar territory and I haven't tested it in races online yet but I enjoy driving it.:dopey:
Feel free to use it with any Sport tires. (Race Tires are not recommended for any of my Street cars)

Edit : you can use the same car for both 500 and 550pp but you will need to change the weight reduction, window weight reduction and carbon hood each time you switch between the two.

ENJOY, AC
Tune of The Week
Congrats My Friend 👍

Last edited:
Ridox2JZGTE Honda CR-X del Sol SiR '92
Fresh from the dealership
Painted Matte Yellow
No body work.
Oil changed, rigidity improved
All specs equal to posted tune, the Sports Computer is listed as Sports Exhaust.

Pre test notes:
Ridox tested on Tsukuba and Nurburg GP/F. I'll go to Trial Mountain first, then hit those tracks. I'm staying on the stock CS tyres for now.

Trial Mtn: 1:46.133 (offline arcade mode)
First thoughts: good power, engine feels very responsive for a 431 FF. A lot of understeer on the first moment of turn in, after that it rotates well (surprisingly well). High speed braking distance is long, I believe the front tyres are taking too much of the burden, even at 6/8.

A few laps later and I feel like I'm driving Nynaeve, my personally (over) tuned Subaru Legacy. The long braking distance is gone once the tyres heat up and I am willing (and now know to) apply a lot of initial brake then back off as I approach the corner. That's the way it should be, and I'm loving it.
Understeer isn't as much a problem and is easy to work with (I aim in past the apex and start my steering inputs very early). The car rotates well in the corner under input rather than hunkering down any gaining stability.
Much like Nynaeve this car loves the throttle, more throttle equals more rotation up to a point. The car will push out under throttle, but only on mid speed corners, on low speed corners the front will dive in under throttle.

... The next day...(Still offline)
I put a lot more laps on Trial Mtn. The laps just flow by.
Predictability is a word I sometimes use in my reviews. How far ahead does my "fan of colors" extend in front of the car? How narrow are the spreads between the colors? The longer the fan of colors and the narrower the fan the better my predictability. The more predictable the car the smoother my inputs and the faster I go.
{If you have no idea what I'm talking about with a "fan of colors" don't worry about it, I don't expect anyone to understand. If you do understand, chances are I'd like to talk to you.}
BLOR is present, but its a tool not a problem. I can count on using the BLOR without ever worrying about the rear snapping round or under steering into the wall. I give this car the Mjolnir award.
Tyre temperature is a smidge of a problem with this car. Until the fronts heat up you'll be under steering more than you want. After the fronts heat up its another story.
The LSD on this car is a piece of art. The front tyres are always producing maximum effect.
I'm not sure about the times its putting down, like the fastest cars it feels slow even when its screaming down the track, so I have no way to judge it till I race online.

If Praiano did the suspension, MCH did the LSD and NewDriver2 did the test driving this car would be the result.

... Next day...
Tsukuba : 1:08.646 (still offline)
My time is probably horrible for this track, I rarely drive here.
This track highlights the extremely sensitive LSD. The slightest touch on the throttle will have an impact on the car.
(In the voice of Johnny Depp as Willy W.) Braking is most important, children. (/end) Hitting the braking point will determine how the rest of the corner will go. If I go in too hot the car will understeer. If I get it right the car bends in well toward the apex, and the transition to throttle is smooth.

Nurburgring GP/F : 2:32.225 (offline)
Braking. Braking is my nemesis (nemesee, nemesi?). Almost every corner is a strain. But if I get it correct the middle/end are an absolute joy. So much control! This car has Handling with a capital H.
I just wish it wasn't so easy to overheat the front tyres on entry.

Brake balance changed to 6/10 (was 6/8).
2:30.811
So much fun. But entry is frustrating.
Hmmmmm.....

ABS 0, BB 6/8
Fun. High speed braking can be a difficulty, mid and low speed corners benefit from ABS 0.

I plan on returning to this tune over and over in the coming months. Should be a great way to learn better brake control. As my braking control improves my enjoyment of this car will improve.

I believe the 450pp version on SH will be less difficult. The extra braking grip should more than compensate for the extra power.

"Lime"
Based on the Lancia Stratos '73

WillowSpringsInternationalRaceway-StreetsOfWillowSprings_2_zps57cd3694.jpg

Syracuse_zpsd2631acf.jpg

253bhp
450pp
weight 980 Kg

parts
Oil Change
PDI P525N wheels painted GT Japanese 010-W
Paint - Verde Meta
Sport Hard Tires
Hight Adjustable/Fully Adjustable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Custom Transmission
Fully Custom Mechanical LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Stage 3 Engine
Sports Computer
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Stage 3 weight Reduction

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune
Ride Hight - Front: 90 Rear: 130
Spring Rate- Front: 5.00 Rear: 10.00
Compression- Front: 6 Rear: 3
Extension- Front: 5 Rear: 7
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 3 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 0.0 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.25 Rear: 0.25
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 6

Gearing
Final Gear - 5.500
Top Speed - 112
1st - 2.820
2nd - 2.000
3rd - 1.640
4th - 1.360
5th - 1.130
Final - 3.830

LSD - 9/7/15

Weight Adjustment - 108@ -50

TUNER NOTES -
Still slides under braking into a corner :grumpy: Need to fix that!

Gemasolar_1_zps03d2bb00.jpg

Last edited:
"Tangerine"
Based on the Ford Ka '01

Ronda_zps776ae649.jpg

Ronda_1_zps6a2929a2.jpg

248bhp
450pp
weight 925 Kg

parts
Oil Change
2 inch up PDI P525N wheels painted GT CHROME 009-N
Paint - Chrome Orange
Sport Hard Tires
Hight Adjustable/Fully Adjustable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Custom Transmission
Fully Custom Mechanical LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Stage 3 Engine
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake tuning
High RPM Turbo
Stage 1 weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune
Ride Hight - Front: 120 Rear: 80
Spring Rate- Front: 3.80 Rear: 2.00
Compression- Front: 2 Rear: 10
Extension- Front: 10 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 2 Rear: 7
Camber- Front: 0.0 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.35 Rear: -0.15
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 8

Gearing
Final Gear - 5.500
Top Speed - 87
1st - 2.700
2nd - 2.030
3rd - 1.600
4th - 1.290
5th - 1.065
Final - 3.250

LSD - 15/23/5

Weight Adjustment - 43@ 50

TUNER NOTES -
Little car. Lots of fun :dopey:

EigerNordwand-ShortTrack_zpsc18ade36.jpg

Ridox2JZGTE Honda CR-X del Sol SiR '92
Painted Matte Yellow
No body work.
All specs equal to posted tune, the Sports Computer is listed as Sports Exhaust.

Pre test notes:
Ridox tested on Tsukuba and Nurburg GP/F. I'll go to Trial Mountain first, then hit those tracks. I'm staying on the stock CS tyres for now.

Trial Mtn: 1:46.133 (offline arcade mode)
First thoughts: good power, engine feels very responsive for a 431 FF. A lot of understeer on the first moment of turn in, after that it rotates well (surprisingly well). High speed braking distance is long, I believe the front tyres are taking too much of the burden, even at 6/8.

A few laps later and I feel like I'm driving Nynaeve, my personally (over) tuned Subaru Legacy. The long braking distance is gone once the tyres heat up and I am willing (and now know to) apply a lot of initial brake then back off as I approach the corner. That's the way it should be, and I'm loving it.
Understeer isn't as much a problem and is easy to work with (I aim in past the apex and start my steering inputs very early). The car rotates well in the corner under input rather than hunkering down any gaining stability.
Much like Nynaeve this car loves the throttle, more throttle equals more rotation up to a point. The car will push out under throttle, but only on mid speed corners, on low speed corners the front will dive in under throttle.

... The next day...(Still offline)
I put a lot more laps on Trial Mtn. The laps just flow by.
Predictability is a word I sometimes use in my reviews. How far ahead does my "fan of colors" extend in front of the car? How narrow are the spreads between the colors? The longer the fan of colors and the narrower the fan the better my predictability. The more predictable the car the smoother my inputs and the faster I go.
{If you have no idea what I'm talking about with a "fan of colors" don't worry about it, I don't expect anyone to understand. If you do understand, chances are I'd like to talk to you.}
BLOR is present, but its a tool not a problem. I can count on using the BLOR without ever worrying about the rear snapping round or under steering into the wall. I give this car the Mjolnir award.
Tyre temperature is a smidge of a problem with this car. Until the fronts heat up you'll be under steering more than you want. After the fronts heat up its another story.
The LSD on this car is a piece of art. The front tyres are always producing maximum effect.
I'm not sure about the times its putting down, like the fastest cars it feels slow even when its screaming down the track, so I have no way to judge it till I race online.

If Praiano did the suspension, MCH did the LSD and NewDriver2 did the test driving this car would be the result.

... Next day...
Tsukuba : 1:08.646 (still offline)
My time is probably horrible for this track, I rarely drive here.
This track highlights the extremely sensitive LSD. The slightest touch on the throttle will have an impact on the car.
(In the voice of Johnny Depp as Willy W.) Braking is most important, children. (/end) Hitting the braking point will determine how the rest of the corner will go. If I go in too hot the car will understeer. If I get it right the car bends in well toward the apex, and the transition to throttle is smooth.

Nurburgring GP/F : 2:32.225 (offline)
Braking. Braking is my nemesis (nemesee, nemesi?). Almost every corner is a strain. But if I get it correct the middle/end are an absolute joy. So much control! This car has Handling with a capital H.
I just wish it wasn't so easy to overheat the front tyres on entry.

Brake balance changed to 6/10 (was 6/8).
2:30.811
So much fun. But entry is frustrating.
Hmmmmm.....

ABS 0, BB 6/8
Fun. High speed braking can be a difficulty, mid and low speed corners benefit from ABS 0.

I plan on returning to this tune over and over in the coming months. Should be a great way to learn better brake control. As my braking control improves my enjoyment of this car will improve.

I believe the 450pp version on SH will be less difficult. The extra braking grip should more than compensate for the extra power.

Splendid review Ron 👍, the car is a good platform for practicing braking precision. I will be making the 450PP Del Sol version soon based on the replica, let me know if there's anything that should be improved on the 450PP version.

There are a few cars coming too, Honda Fit RS, Honda CRZ, EF CR-X Best Motoring replica and Maserati Gran Turismo S Fortune replica + 500PP version :D

Not everyone did well. At least I lived up to the garage name :dopey:

Great job to all of you and your great finishes 👍 I'll try harder next time :nervous:
You did well in giving us spiritual guidance. When in doubt, be cluele-wait no that doesn't work. :lol: But yeah, hope to see you next time, we need your daft cars. I've not played in ages either, got to get this rust off, feels awful.

Well done guys, looks like the beta blockers I slipped into the water supply have calmed the lunatics down ;) Now to fine tune the dosage, muwahahahahahahaha!!

Front page is up to date, although it looks like I'm missing a some of Master @krenkme's work?

{Cy}

Ridox2JZGTE Toyota MR2 GTS '97
Painted Matte Yellow
No body work.
All specs equal to posted tune, no problem recreating posted tune.

Pre test notes:
Ridox tested on Tsukuba, Bathurst, Brands Hatch GP, Big Willow. I'll go to Apricot Hill then Trial Mountain first, then hit some of those tracks. I'm staying on the stock CS tyres for now.

Apricot Hill : 1:38.068 (offline arcade mode)
Crap, I gotta stop driving and make notes. A drivers car. I'm amazed at how easy the car is to keep "in the pocket." A 500pp on CS tyres should not be this easy to control.
Don't get the idea that its simple to drive, the "pocket" is a mile wide but the car still has more than enough power to put you sideways at any time. I think of this car as a well tuned MR Shelby Cobra. Massive power, but as long as you keep that in mind you can really push.

... Next day...

Trial Mountain : 1:44.705
Yep, that's a 500pp car on CS tyres. The fact that I can even get clean laps is amazing. Any straight will make the next corner a high speed corner. Such low grip and so much power. Be smooth, think ahead, or else.

Bathurst : 2:34.959
Fun, again like a MR Shelby Cobra. More power than you need and never enough grip. I only had one clean lap out of four, braking is my weak point in this car.

A fun car that's easy to push, but will always have enough power to kill you. If I ever find a room online with capable drivers who are running 500pp CS I'll pull this out, but that sounds unlikely. I will put it on my list of cars to pull out every couple of weeks to take a ride in. Sometimes its just fun to cruise, and this car is perfect for that.

Painted Matte Yellow
No body work.

Pre test notes:
Ridox tested on Tsukuba, Bathurst, Brands Hatch GP, Big Willow. I'll go to Apricot Hill then Trial Mountain first, then hit some of those tracks. I'm staying on the stock CS tyres for now.

Crap, I gotta stop driving and make notes. A drivers car. I'm amazed at how easy the car is to keep "in the pocket." A 500pp on CS tyres should not be this easy to control.
Don't get the idea that its simple to drive, the "pocket" is a mile wide but the car still has more than enough power to put you sideways at any time. I think of this car as a well tuned MR Shelby Cobra. Massive power, but as long as you keep that in mind you can really push.

... Next day...

Yep, that's a 500pp car on CS tyres. The fact that I can even get clean laps is amazing. Any straight will make the next corner a high speed corner. Such low grip and so much power. Be smooth, think ahead, or else.

Fun, again like a MR Shelby Cobra. More power than you need and never enough grip. I only had one clean lap out of four, braking is my weak point in this car.

A fun car that's easy to push, but will always have enough power to kill you. If I ever find a room online with capable drivers who are running 500pp CS I'll pull this out, but that sounds unlikely. I will put it on my list of cars to pull out every couple of weeks to take a ride in. Sometimes its just fun to cruise, and this car is perfect for that.

Looks like the Zeek MR2 GTS is still a handful :) I updated the tune last time on 1.04, I will revisit the car again soon, also the car should have 503PP :) and the J's Racing Del Sol tune has been fixed, it should have semi racing exhaust, engine stage 1, exhaust manifold and intake tuning. I have another FF posted, a FIT RS if you are interested :D I will be mainly revisting my older replicas and tune, updating them - will concentrate on damper, ARB and brake balance to make them easier to drive.
Once again, thank you for driving my replica.

I tested he MR2 at 503pp, no worries.

Unfortunately my reviews might be taking a back burner to my RL car. My wife has finally agreed to let me spend the $$$ on a track day car. This one is called "Aviendha," and I'll have a thread up soon in the Members Rides area for those that are interested or want to help. I know virtually nohing about real cars beyond changing the oil so this should be a challenge.

Painted Matte Yellow
No body work.

Pre test notes:

... Next day...

I'm in, for this kind of room, Ron, so it's a very possible project. ;)

Well done guys, looks like the beta blockers I slipped into the water supply have calmed the lunatics down ;) Now to fine tune the dosage, muwahahahahahahaha!!

Front page is up to date, although it looks like I'm missing a some of Master @krenkme's work?

{Cy}

Yes, I have forgotten to update my personal OP :dunce:... That's why you're you boss :dopey:

Try and get it as soon as I can, and than send you the links to the tunes via PM.... :odd:... I guess I could have told you that in a PM in itself...sorry :dopey:

No Miata tune will be linked as I failed miserably :grumpy:

Back