Codemasters Reveals Off-Road Racer ONRUSH

Whats the point in positions and finish lines in a game though when it doesn’t really mean anything.
By that logic, what's the point in goal posts in a football game then when it doesn't really mean anything? Why not Just have a field and a ball? If this game has no finish line then by definition it can not be considered a racing game. Nothing wrong with that if that's their aim though. It just doesn't appeal to me. Also I haven't forgiven codies for Micro Machines.

DV2SmxOXkAArq0G.jpg:large

DV_E_ObWsAAfKsh.jpg:large

@torque99 That short teaser made me want to play the game, after that first trailer some time ago I was really sceptic about this game, and almost totally not interested. Now I know I will give it a shot. 👍

Yep I was the same. It looks better with each new trailer. No doubt I will pre-order and give in as usual the nearer it gets to release date :ill::cheers:

It really depends on the gameplay for me. A game of this type can look good in these sizzle reels but we've got to believe in Evolution/Codies ability right now.

A similar type of game was Pure, developed by Black Rock Studios. I remember seeing trailers and the like, not caring at all about the game but the gameplay was unbelievable. Here's hoping ONRUSH nails it in that department.

I wasn't head over heels for Motorstorm, I'll be hoping for a more responsive bonkers title this time around.
Its all about the gameplay right? If it feels good, if its balanced in terms of abilities and if its fun, i am in. From a visual standpoint though i dont like it right away. Something just puts me off. But that says nothing about the gameplay of course. I am looking forward to see the Beta, previews and such.

I wandered in here by accident, but I'm always up for a silly destructive race game - but the trailer didn't scratch that itch at all. I didn't get a real sense of height or speed, and more importantly the crashes looked awful. All I can see if some smoke/fire effects and the occasional wheel falling off. We had crazy crash damage physics back in the original Burnout games nearly 20 years ago. If you're going to have a game like this why not have an absolutely crazy destruction/crash engine?

This'll be a $5.00 on Steam sale for me, if ever.

Reminds me about Motorstorm Pacific Rift, actually my very first racing game on a console. I really enjoyed it at the time but fast forward to today after seeing that trailer nothing really makes me want this game. But hey, maybe real gameplay trailers or streams could change my mind.

I'm a bit fed up with Codemasters' "fire and forget" release schemes as well though. I'm still waiting for a DLC for Dirt Rally and improvements for Dirt 4. Yeah right... But that makes me wonder why would they treat Onrush any different?

...I'm a bit fed up with Codemasters' "fire and forget" release schemes as well though...
These are the ex-Evolution studio people though, so even though they work for CM they get to do things their way, their project.

In general, the Motorstorm roots are clear and I would have thought it'd have been more welcome after the amount of folks banging on about wanting a new one after Evolution got shut down. Not sure if I'll get the hang of the 'always in the fight' element of this, but there again, I said something similar about Driveclub and was very pleasantly surprised about that.

Looks a lot more polished than the earlier trailers and full of atmosphere that'll be fun to blast through and hopefully capture with some sweet pictures as Mr @torque99 says.

Its all about the gameplay right? If it feels good, if its balanced in terms of abilities and if its fun, i am in. From a visual standpoint though i dont like it right away. Something just puts me off. But that says nothing about the gameplay of course. I am looking forward to see the Beta, previews and such.
Same here, it really is strangely unremarkable for how over-the-top flashy it wants to be.

@torque99 That short teaser made me want to play the game, after that first trailer some time ago I was really sceptic about this game, and almost totally not interested. Now I know I will give it a shot. 👍
Looks better as now the cars have liveries rather than Red cars versus Blue. Still not doing anything for me right now kinda reminds me of Uncharted 4 when your racing through the mud in your jeep knocking people off their bikes.

After Driveclub Codies should of got these guys making a PGR type game! Could of been epic!

...After Driveclub Codies should of got these guys making a PGR type game! Could of been epic!
Driveclub took them ten years from concept to delivery to make and I think the folks of Evo might have some ideas along the lines of what you are suggesting but need something to build investment capital on before that can happen. Give them time.

Driveclub took them ten years from concept to delivery to make and I think the folks of Evo might have some ideas along the lines of what you are suggesting but need something to build investment capital on before that can happen. Give them time.
Drive club Two was destined for glory . The Foundations to the first game were stronger than most racers . Logically the next step would be Rim / full livery customization . More car classes ( vintage muscle / Race classes ) More club features . A ton of New locations . More challenges . More weather effects . More missions etc . Shame Sony decided to axe evo despite then putting out a stronger first entery on the ps4 than polyphony .

Drive club Two was destined for glory . The Foundations to the first game were stronger than most racers . Logically the next step would be Rim / full livery customization . More car classes ( vintage muscle / Race classes ) More club features . A ton of New locations . More challenges . More weather effects . More missions etc . Shame Sony decided to axe evo despite then putting out a stronger first entery on the ps4 than polyphony .
True but it would still take them a lot of time to make, especially as all of the assets, software etc are Sony's to keep, so a fresh start again. I think they'd have gone beyond the premise of Driveclub with their next one, not just more but wider; though that's just a feeling.

Last edited:
True but it would still take them a lot of time to make, especially as all of the assets, software etc are Sony's to keep, so i a fresh start again. I think they'd have gone beyond the premise of Driveclub with their next one, not just more but wider; though that's just a feeling.
As long as it's not open world I'm good. Whatever they make will be a spiritual successor so they can really branch out . I feel like all DC 2 really needed was more car categories / customization / challenges . No tuning or anything like that .

Eurogamer:How the devs behind Driveclub plan to bring the arcade racer back to life

"There's no concept of position or startline or finishing position as such," explains Rustchynsky. "It's all about scoring points. So, if you wreck it doesn't matter - it's an opportunity to be put back in the pack, in the thick of it, to fight to score more points. If you fall behind, we put you back in the pack. If you race ahead, we put you back in the action. It's essentially all 24 vehicles on one track, racing around our version of off-road heaven.

"We feel like we're redefining many rules of racing. Racing's very much a part of it - going fast, flying around corners, going over massive jumps, that's all there, but we're removing a lot of the frustrations. We've worked with racing games a long, long time, and as much as we love the genre there are so many kind of niggles that we want to address. Those rage inducing moments when everyone crashes out on the first corner. The spreading of the pack. We know racing is most fun when you're side by side, bumping into one another, and we wanted to double down on that. How do we get to have that all the time?"

So a "racing" game not about racing it self? Just why? :banghead:
I signed up here just to post my huge disappointment. I am a super Motorstorm fan, all of them. I still play Apocalypse online with my ps3. Onrush was supposed to be my ticket to modern joy until I read THERE IS NO FINISH LINE? You wreck someone and they appear right next to you again? WTF that sounds so stupid. I am so very sad it's not like Motorstorm.

I signed up here just to post my huge disappointment. I am a super Motorstorm fan, all of them. I still play Apocalypse online with my ps3. Onrush was supposed to be my ticket to modern joy until I read THERE IS NO FINISH LINE? You wreck someone and they appear right next to you again? WTF that sounds so stupid. I am so very sad it's not like Motorstorm.
I'm not sure they even said it was meant to be a replacement for Motorstorm. I mean, it certainly looks like that but it isn't what they want to do with the game.

Its not about the winning its about the taking part. Everyone's a winner.

Has anyone seen any cockpit/dash cams on any footage yet? I have a feeling this will be pure chase cam arcade (I hope I am wrong on this one)

Have they revealed if this will feature split-screen or not yet? Motorstorm Pacific Rift did and it was great fun! It's a shame so many games have lost it as a feature lately.

Back