Collection of photos from GT5 and Forza 4.

• Thread starter RedSuinit
  • 130 comments
_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Oh, and just to balance it out:

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

I love the rear shot of the GTR at the tunnel entrance. The lighting on it looks nice.

7051294213_ce5f9d2bb5_z.jpg

6900537066_d2ab2843bc_z.jpg

6898086250_bb6b76dfa8_z.jpg

Funny how some folks say Forza looks like a cartoon.....

_smaller.jpg

Please; not everything about GT5 has to be spun against it. We know that most of the community prefers Forza 4. Despite this GT5 still has its strengths. This is complete unnecessary (And may be downright offending to the photographer). Understand that the community loves your collection, but its no excuse to start knocking on something that you don't like.

(PS. The lighting isn't great, and I can tell that it is CG like many video game screen shots. So what can you fault it with, if 99% of all photos on this forum are just like that?)

Please; not everything about GT5 has to be spun against it. We know that most of the community prefers Forza 4. Despite this GT5 still has its strengths. This is complete unnecessary (And may be downright offending to the photographer). Understand that the community loves your collection, but its no excuse to start knocking on something that you don't like.
Hit the nail on the head. It gets rather annoying see you post this nonsense in other threads, if you want to bring it up take it to the appropriate thread.

*sigh* I'll just stop posting photos here then.

Nah i wouldnt even worry about it if i were you. Who cares what this guy thinks. I understand though it gets rather annoying. Keep posting, and screw what they say because like it or not, GT5 photos are just as nice.

oh dear, oh dear....... simply stating that people say forza looks cartoony....

Some folks really need go read a paper or watch the news, see people dying of oppression, hunger and disease. Then go take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.......and realise there are better things to fight for...than a computer game called GT5.......

jus sayin...;)

p.s i never said i didnt actually like the picture, in fact reality dosent look as cool as that picture! hence why in car magazines they do ALOT to the images anyway, same with Top Gear they add effects to in fact make stuff look more designed.......reality sucks. I like Forza for this very fact....

Sorry to say this, but one thing I always felt was one of the biggest strengths of Forza was that the community wasn't made up of blinkered, die-hard fans ,as opposed to GT's. That's why some people get fed up with someone always picking GT5 apart... You know, I'm the last one to actually defend it, but damn, when it comes to photo mode, GT5 just does it better if you know what you're doing. No shame to admit that.

Pictures like these:
5723643366_e82685816f_b.jpg

6873788897_a1fb16ec89_z.jpg

That's something that FM4 really doesnt deliver.

These:
6873684005_97096ba2b3_z.jpg

0zX28.jpg

Are probably some of the most realistic and overall most impressive FM4 pictures I've seen, ever. And while they do look hugely impressive, especially given that FM4 usually doesn't look as realistic as these pictures, it's still not on the same level as a good picture from GT5. And, the most important thing: About 10% (randomly made up number to underline my point) of the pictures from FM4 look like what I'd call 'photo realistic'. It's also important to note that this seems to be largely achieved by the same means that can make a standard car look good in GT5: By arranging the picture to specifically hide the flaws of the game's graphics engine.

In GT5, a half-decent photographer can get hugely impressive results, if he's trying to do so for a bit. But if you're comparing what the better photographers of both communities are posting on a regular basis, well... I fear that FM4's photos will just not be up there with pictures taken of GT5's premium cars.

The last thing I'm going to say is this: Don't accuse people that they need to get away from the GT5/FM4 debates when you're at the forefront of said debate yourself.

Nothing wrong with defending FM4 when it's being criticised with no justification, but this isn't ssuch a case.

Some folks really need go read a paper or watch the news, see people dying of oppression, hunger and disease. Then go take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.......and realise there are better things to fight for...than a computer game called GT5.......

jus sayin...;)
Really dont get what the world has to do with your ridiculous comments towards GT5. Why even bring up something like that? I really dont see how it has to do with the topic at hand.

"Hey im a diehard Forza fan, gt5 sucks. You dont agree with me so im going to bring up everything that has nothing to do with my choice. The Lakers lost today, but hey lets look at global warming, government conspiracies, and aliens." God do you even read what you post?

p.s i never said i didnt actually like the picture, in fact reality dosent look as cool as that picture! hence why in car magazines they do ALOT to the images anyway, same with Top Gear they add effects to in fact make stuff look more designed.......reality sucks. I like Forza for this very fact....
This has to do with what?

This is his explanation as to why the lesser realistic look of FM4 is superior to GT5's graphics (as far as photo mode is concerned), I suppose.

Be that as it may, its just a ridiculous statement coming from him. His dislike for the game has caused him to think that anything GT related is crap. I just dont see why he has to fill every thread that has something to do with GT, with.. well bull **** for lack of a better word. This is a GT5 AND Forza Motorsport 4 thread, but he still seems to try to make it into a GT vs Forza thread. Like it or not, Gt5's photomode is a step ahead of FM in terms of lighting and quality.

I for one work hard for my shots, but like what you alluded to, my GT5 shots always will come out on top. My Forza photos are up there, but if i stuck with GT5's photomode as long as i did FM4's, then my Forza photos would not stand a chance.

In GT5, a half-decent photographer can get hugely impressive results, if he's trying to do so for a bit. But if you're comparing what the better photographers of both communities are posting on a regular basis, well... I fear that FM4's photos will just not be up there with pictures taken of GT5's premium cars.

jus sayin...;)

You have two choices.

You can either stop the pointless and continues digs at GT or you can leave Forza Planet.

The repeated attempts at flame-bait, mainly with no valid point to make are not appreciated, not required and will not continue.

End it now - ohh and see your PM inbox.

Scaff

Oh, well I suppose this belongs here as much as any other thread:

(click on image for full-size)
_______________________​

Ideally, I will be mixing both games images together on the same pages, so this will definitely be a new challenge...

Seems like it would be a really interesting and fun idea. Im anxious to see the first issue.

I haven't had a lot of time recently to play and take photos, but I do appreciate you guys trying to keep the thread from being derailed. I appreciate it.

I appreciate the graphics of both. You just have to work harder with Forza to get decent pictures as far as I can tell.

I agree with VXR. I was playing GT5 not too long ago and just comparing the photo mode and it seems that GT5 is alot easier to take good photo's. I just don't like how stiff the GT5 interface is..

Back