College Football : 2013-14

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 521 comments
I have a SERIOUS problem with the Ohio State play calling. Why would you not give the ball to Carlos Hyde EVERY SINGLE TIME it's 3rd/4th and short??????? He never runs for less than 4 yards EVER. Cost themselves the game being idiots. GIVE IT TO HYDE GIVE IT TO HYDE GIVE IT TO HYDE

All they had to do....was give the damn ball to Carlos Hyde. That's all. I'm no football coach. But that one is pretty obvious to me. But no. Anything but that. I watch Ohio State lose games inexcusably for years under Tressel because all they do is run it up the middle. And now when all they HAVE to do is give it to Hyde up the middle, they do anything but that. Unbelievable. What a terrible Saturday. Heartbreaking losses from my jay hawks and the buckeyes. I'm going to bed

DOWN GOES OHIO STATE!!! Only if FSU would have lost. I don't really care. I will be laughing my butt off as Auburn gets destroyed by FSU!! 34-24 final score of Ohio State and Michigan State. Now another team can feel its BCS National Championship hopes stabbed with a sword. Ive saved you a seat in the theater @Nicksfix lol just playing man.

BCS Bowls look set now:

Championship: Florida State vs. Auburn
Orange: Clemson vs. Ohio State
Sugar: Alabama vs. Oklahoma
Fiesta: Baylor vs. UCF
Rose: Michigan State vs. Stanford

Orange bowl will most likely not change since Ohio State lost to a lower ranked team than 'Bama.
That makes no sense. Alabama wasn't going to the Sugar Bowl because Auburn would have. Now that Auburn is going to the Championship Game, Alabama gets moved to the Sugar Bowl. Remember the bowl tie-ins.

DOWN GOES OHIO STATE!
DOWN GOES OKLAHOMA STATE!

Buckeye Nation was reeling as the Michigan State Spartans took control at the B1G Championship Game in Indianapolis. THE Ohio State should get plenty of credit for staying in the fight, lasting 12 rounds, metaphorically speaking. However, Michigan State was just too much. I saw most, if not all of that game in Indy.

How about Oklahoma doing Texas a huge favor? Oklahoma State couldn't suppress their Bedlam rivals at home. Oklahoma ended up winning the game... (I think) 33-24 or something like that. So all Texas needed to do was beat Baylor. Easier said than done- Baylor smacked Texas 30-10 to become Big XII Champions for 2013.

Big Ten. Big XII. Big Saturday. Congratulations to all winners from yesterday's games, even including the playoff game winners in other divisions of NCAA Football. I also (as a U. of Houston fan) want to salute Rice on winning the Conference USA championship. Congratulations also to Southern University on beating Jackson State University in the SWAC Championship in Double Overtime.

I am going to have to go with Auburn as well. I mean they are pretty good, they beat us. That was what Saban said saturday. Michigan state is going to get thumped by Stanford though. I really like Stanford. I wish I could go to school there.

Auburn over FSU
Stanford over MSU
Baylor over UCF
Clemson over OSU
Bama over Oklahoma

Clemson over Ohio State?? Really? I know I'm biased as an Ohio State fan but I just don't think Clemson is anywhere near as good as people make them out to be and I don't see Ohio State making the same mistake twice

The only non-Bowl game coming up is one of my personal favorite rivalries- Army vs. Navy. One will win, one will lose, but the REAL winners are the men and women of our Armed Forces who defend this great nation.

The regular season is over for the most part. Here are your Bowl games for this season. The BCS Bowl games are in BOLD. The National Championship game is in BOLD ITALICS.

--- 2013 Games ---
* Washington State vs. Colorado State (Dec. 21 - New Mexico Bowl)
* #20 Fresno State vs. USCal (Dec. 21 - Las Vegas Bowl)
* Buffalo vs. San Diego State (Dec. 21 - Idaho Potato Bowl)
* Tulane vs. Louisiana-Lafayette (Dec. 21 - New Orleans Bowl)
* Ohio vs. East Carolina (Dec. 23 - Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl)
* Boise State vs. Oregon State (Dec. 24 - Hawaii/Hawai'i Bowl)
* Pittsburgh vs. Bowling Green (Dec. 26 - Little Caesars Bowl)
* Utah State vs. #23 Northern Illinois (Dec. 26 - Poinsettia Bowl)
* Marshall vs. Maryland (Dec. 27 - Military Bowl)
* Syracuse vs. Minnesota (Dec. 27 - Texas Bowl)
* BYU vs. Washington (Dec. 27 - Fight Hunger Bowl)
* Rutgers vs. Notre Dame (Dec. 28 - Pinstripe Bowl)
* Cincinnati vs. North Carolina (Dec. 28 - Belk Bowl)
* Miami vs. #18 Louisville (Dec. 28 - Russell Athletic Bowl)
* Michigan vs. Kansas State (Dec. 28 - Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl)
* #10 Oregon vs. Texas (Dec. 30 - Alamo Bowl)
* Middle Tennessee State vs. Navy (Dec. 30 - Armed Forces Bowl)
* Mississippi vs. Georgia Tech (Dec. 30 - Music City Bowl)
* #14 Arizona State vs. Texas Tech (Dec. 30 - Holiday Bowl)
* Arizona vs. Boston College (Dec. 31 - Advocare V100 Bowl)
* Virginia Tech vs. UCLA (Dec. 31 - Sun Bowl)
* Rice vs. Mississippi State (Dec. 31 - Liberty Bowl)
* #24 Duke vs. #21 Texas A&M (Dec. 31 - Chick-Fil-A Bowl)

--- 2014 Games ---
* Nebraska vs. #22 Georgia (Jan. 1 - Gator Bowl)
* UNLV vs. North Texas (Jan. 1 - Heart of Dallas Bowl)
* Iowa vs. #16 LSU (Jan. 1 - Outback Bowl)
* #19 Wisconsin vs. #9 South Carolina (Jan 1. - Capital One Bowl)
* #5 Stanford vs. #4 Michigan State (Jan 1. - Rose Bowl)
* #15 UCF vs. #6 Baylor (Jan. 1 - Fiesta Bowl)
* #11 Oklahoma vs. #3 Alabama (Jan. 2 - Sugar Bowl)

* #13 Oklahoma State vs. #8 Missouri (Jan 3. - Cotton Bowl)
* #12 Clemson vs. #7 Ohio State (Jan. 3 - Sugar Bowl)
* Vanderbilt vs. Houston (Jan 4. - BBVA Compass Bowl)
* Arkansas State vs. Ball State (Jan 5. - GoDaddy Bowl)
* #2 Auburn vs. #1 Florida State (Jan. 6 - BCS National Championship)

Congratulations to all who made it to the Bowl season. If your team is playing in the Bowl season, good luck to all of your team(s).

One will win, one will lose, but the REAL winners are the men and women of our Armed Forces who defend this great nation.

+1 for that.

Also appreciated is you taking the time to provide us with all this information conveniently here on the forum. Not many people would take the time to type all that out for us in such detail, so it's pretty cool.

I am looking forward to the Championship game. It will be interesting to see if FSU can stop or slow down Auburn's run game enough to be beat them. It will also be interesting to see how Winston and FSU play if the game is close in the 4th quarter.

Not to be outdone this Saturday is the Heisman Trophy Presentation. Six finalists were announced. Who'll win the Heisman this season? It will be one of these six men:

* Jameis Winston (QB, Florida State)
* Johnny Manziel (QB, Texas A&M)
* Jordan Lynch (QB, Northern Illinois)
* Tre Mason (RB, Auburn)
* A.J. McCarron (QB, Alabama)
* Andre Williams (RB, Boston College)

We shall see who takes home the Heisman in New York City this Saturday night. So don't forget about this as part of Saturday's action in addition to the Army-Navy Game and the playoffs in the other divisions of NCAA football.

No action tonight, but there will be the College Football Awards honoring some of the nation's finest players from this season. There's also supposed to be a Bowl Game preview on the ESPN networks as well. I used to remember a Bowl Game challenge where you picked the winners of every Bowl game as well as rate your level of confidence that the team will win. Because I've been so poor at picking winners, I'm not going to even attempt trying to pick all or most of the Bowl games.

All I can say is... congratulations to all teams who'll be playing in a Bowl game this season. And if your team(s) is/are playing, good luck to all of your teams in postseason play.

THIS JUST IN...

Nick Saban has signed a multi-year extension at Alabama. So all of you wanting Nick Saban to go elsewhere... he ain't goin' nowhere, you dig? That basically kills any sort of rumor of Nick Saban wanting to take the coaching job at Texas or someplace else.

Speaking of leaving, somebody will be leaving with the Heisman Trophy tonight. The Army-Navy game is coming up later today. North Dakota State is currently hammering Coastal Carolina in the NCAA FCS Quarterfinals 31-7.

Enjoy this Saturday, and congratulations to the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner.

Saban would be stupid to leave. He was using Texas as leverage. Duh. He'll retire in Bama and be worshipped like a god there. :lol:

Nick Saban will stay at Alabama; but what about Mack Brown? Well, this just in...

Mack Brown WILL resign after 16 seasons at Texas. He still will coach in Texas' bowl game.

As of the time of this post, the Heisman winner will be announced later this hour. Oh... and I accidentally pressed Post Reply on my mobile device before completing my post. So I made this edit.

HOLY CRAP! Epic upset! Jameis Winston won the 2013 Heisman!!!

Okay, many of us probably predicted he'd win anyways. What I was surprised at was that A.J. McCarron was 2nd in the voting, and "Johnny Football" dropped all the way to 5th in the Heisman voting. All due respect to Winston on winning the Heisman.

FUN FACT: Jameis Winston and I have one thing in common- both of us are Capricorns. He'll turn 20 on January 6, and my birthday is on January 15.

Back