College Football : 2013-14

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 521 comments
The NCAA Division 3 football title for 2013 came between familiar foes- Mount Union College and the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and this one wasn't even close. The Wisconsin-Whitewater Warhawks beat the Mount Union Purple Raiders like a drum- a 52-14 annihilation. The game was televised on ESPNU. All congratulations to Wisconsin-Whitewater on their National Championship.

More info: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/wisconsin-whitewater-wins-division-iii-title-21295783

*singing* "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

That's right... it's Bowl Season! The final season of Bowl games in the BCS era begins today with four Bowl games. So feel free to check out this batch of Bowl games between now and the BCS National Championship Game.

Elsewhere, playoff action continues elsewhere in NCAA Football.

Congratulations if your team(s) made it to the postseason, and good luck to all postseason teams in their respective games.

Earlier today, it was a rout by Northwest Missouri State, as they beat the Lenoir-Rhyne Bears 43-28 to win the NCAA Division 2 National Championship. I read this was the fourth-ever NCAA D2 championship for the Bearcats of Northwest Missouri State. Congratulations to the NCAA D2 football Champs for 2013.

Yeah, I only saw the end of that game. At that point, the Colorado State 2-point conversion was being reviewed. The Rams then put away the Washington State Cougars with a solid win. The magic of Bowl season...

On the non-FBS front, your NCAA FCS National Championship will be Towson vs. North Dakota State. NDSU will probably be a ballin' program if and when they decide to step up to FBS.

It was a happy day for our own CAM as his East Carolina University Pirates tamed the Ohio Bobcats 37-20 in the Beef O' Brady's St. Petersburg Bowl. ECU were rocking those awesome black uniforms of theirs.

Nick Aliotti has spent 24 years as defensive coordinator of the University of Oregon. Now, he announced he will be retiring after the Alamo Bowl. I wish N. Aliotti the best in his retirement.

As of this post, the Military Bowl is on right now between Marshall and Maryland. I think it is Marshall leading 17-13 at the Half. Matchups later include the Texas Bowl here in Houston between Syracuse and Minnesota, followed by the Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco between BYU and Washington. Doesn't that sound tasty- "Fight Hunger Bowl?"

Anyhow, enjoy some college football bowl action!

[UPDATE] I edited the score. It was 17-13 in favor of MARSHALL, not Maryland, at the Half.

Last edited:
We won the Fight Hunger Bowl.

But god, what a boring game it was.

I'm just waiting till the second to get back into college football. Hopefully, it will be an early birthday gift for me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

For college football fans, this can mean only one thing- the start of the games that really matter. Among them, Bowl games with names like Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, and of course... the Rose Bowl. Don't forget the final-ever BCS National Championship Game. Strap in and enjoy the ride!

Good luck to all teams competing in any of the remaining Bowl games.

Not the way I wanted to see Stanford end their season. Loss by 4...

PAC 12 Champions is enough to hold over the Oregon bandwagon though...

Sugar Bowl tonight! It's Oklahoma vs. Alabama in New Orleans at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

How did the other BCS Bowls go? Here's the rundown:

* The Spartans of Michigan State improves to an impressive 4-1 all-time at the Rose Bowl by winning 24-20 over the Stanford Cardinal.

* Defense is overrated! Wild West shootout in Glendale, Arizona as the UCF Golden Knights beat the Baylor Bears 52-42. Both teams made their BCS Bowl game debuts with this game.

Enjoy the Sugar Bowl if you'll be watching!

Have we even seen a favored team in the BCS games win? Stanford lost, Baylor went down and now Alabama.

On the non-FBS front, your NCAA FCS National Championship will be Towson vs. North Dakota State. NDSU will probably be a ballin' program if and when they decide to step up to FBS.
Losing our head coach and a good chunk of the starting lineup will make for an interesting couple of seasons. Also, half of the campus is empty because they're all down in Frisco. Makes parking easier, at least. :lol:

TB
Losing our head coach and a good chunk of the starting lineup will make for an interesting couple of seasons. Also, half of the campus is empty because they're all down in Frisco. Makes parking easier, at least. :lol:
Professor TB?

It's time for the Orange Bowl to kick off. Clemson and THE Ohio State University will set it off in Miami tonight. Will the Buckeyes of Ohio State or Tigers of Clemson prevail? We shall see tonight.

Good luck to both teams.

Interesting Statistic: In every single BCS game this year so far, the underdogs have all won their respective bowls. Clemson over Ohio State (3 points), UCF over Baylor (10+ points), Oklahoma over Alabama (17 points), and Michigan State over Stanford (?? points). With that in mind, Auburn is an 8.5 point underdog to Florida State for the National Championship.

I'm not a believer of any coincidental magic, but I have a feeling Auburn is going to play an amazing game against FSU and give Winston an actual challenge. I'm predicting Auburn upsetting FSU 45-42 on a game winning field goal.

Interesting Statistic: In every single BCS game this year so far, the underdogs have all won their respective bowls. Clemson over Ohio State (3 points), UCF over Baylor (10+ points), Oklahoma over Alabama (17 points), and Michigan State over Stanford (?? points). With that in mind, Auburn is an 8.5 point underdog to Florida State for the National Championship.

I'm not a believer of any coincidental magic, but I have a feeling Auburn is going to play an amazing game against FSU and give Winston an actual challenge. I'm predicting Auburn upsetting FSU 45-42 on a game winning field goal.
War Eagle to that!

The Houston Cougars got put down hard by Vanderbilt in the BBVA Compass Bowl. We failed 41-24 against the Commodores. You still have to feel good for your team even if you have had no real expectations on their level of success. So while I'm sad we lost, I'm still proud of my Coogs.

Florida State. Auburn. Final-ever BCS National Championship Game. Who will win the championship? We'll find out tonight!

Good luck to both teams, and may the better team win the title.

There's a reason why Tre Mason was a Heisman finalist. When you don't cover him, he'll end up scoring. My Aggies from Texas A&M know this far too well...

Yes, but when Mason did the Heisman on the sideline, he dun goofed.

That was the game of the year though. No comparison.

Happy [belated] birthday, Jameis Winston! I don't know about you all, but a National Championship is not a bad birthday present. This guy had to earn that present. I saw most of the game, but especially a lot of the 3rd and 4th Quarters. Part of me wanted to imagine that Auburn had that one last bit of magic like what they pulled out against Alabama in their upset of #1 Alabama. But... the Seminoles weren't having any of that. All congratulations to Florida State on winning the NCAA FBS National Championship in the final-ever BCS National Championship Game. By the way... in case you missed the score, it was 34-31, in favor of Florida State.

If Auburn won the game last night, it would have been about 8 straight seasons the SEC won the BCS National Championship. But it was the ACC- who many perceive as a basketball conference compared to SEC football- that won the title with Florida State.

The countless alabama fans that was cheering for Florida state was amazing. I thought that we would want to keep it in the sec? Nope roll noles roll, noletide, crimson noles! It was endless but I was glad to see that another team other than Bama and auburn was able to win the national championship. Just watch out bamas coming full force next year

Back