COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

Do you want Complex String test track for GT5?

• Total voters
Complex string was mental. I remember the license test where you had to go through the ever-tightening corners with a..... *thinks* .....RUF was it? Or an NSX? Something really tricky anyway.

I hate the track to be honest but I said yes because the more tracks, the better.

Complex string was mental. I remember the license test where you had to go through the ever-tightening corners with a..... *thinks* .....RUF was it? Or an NSX? Something really tricky anyway.

I hate the track to be honest but I said yes because the more tracks, the better.

I think one was in a RUF, one was in a Mine's Skyline, and one was in an NSX.

I voted "I want it", but I want to add I want every single track back that once was in a GT game and if that can't be done at least every track that was in GT4.

i think now with pike peak being a possibility, this will not get as many hits
as long as they have a road version og pikes peak and not dirt

I looked at the map first time... WHAT IS THIS?
I cannot drive on cape ring and now I see this... nightmare.

upd. I just never played GT3

Never played any other GT game, but this track looks awesome. It got sectors for testing for high downforce, straight line speed, mechanical grip and everything in between.

PD, Sony, Kaz: I want it. But that doesn't matter. More than 3/4 of the GTP community want it. That matters.

Bring it in GT5. Please. Thanks. :)

With situations like this I honestly wonder why they have to delete things from older games that people might still like. People that don't like it can just not play it. I liked it when it was in the game, and wish it was in this game.

YES! I loved this track, was my test track when I got a new car and wanted to see how it drove. Now use the Top Gear Test Track for a bit of hooning...

Horrible track - and too many other priorities...

... from the real world (Spa, Stelvio pass etc) and from previous GT games (El Capitan, Pikes Peak, Seattle)

Horrible track - and too many other priorities...

... from the real world (Spa, Stelvio pass etc) and from previous GT games (El Capitan, Pikes Peak, Seattle)

+1 for Seattle

but I miss complex string. I want to see it as DLC - I don't care if I have to pay for it.

The best track to test and tune! I miss it too.

If I had a billions or a portfolio of investors, I'd love to see this constructed in real life. Throw in a real estate development around it and make it into some sort of glorified country club! :)

Wow, I don't really remember this for some reason... Would play it to look but theres 1 perfect crack down the middle...:grumpy: but, I agree with this coming back and PLEASE diversify the World Circuits... I love Nurburgring and all but c'mon... need some F1 Tracks like Istanbul Park, Spa, and maybe Yas Marina?? Agree??

I've been reading alot of wish lists since Januari this year.. I agree with most of them who miss tracks such as Apricot Hill, El Capitan, Infineon, Motegi, Costa Di Amalfi, Las Vegas Drag Strip, Test Course to name a few..

But I've never ever even seen Complex String beeing mentioned..

So, does anyone else miss that one too, or am I the only one?
For me, it was the best test course ever. Had every imaginable type of corner in it, and numerous of them as well. Perfect for truly testing a cars performance.

CS.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZN6HNk_Fak

Last edited:
I hate to sound nooby, but what's Complex String? My first Gran Turismo game was GT3 and I was little kid at the time who just played Arcade mode all day.

I miss complex string it was an insane track. Hopefully they'll bring it back with an update or in one of these DLCs that are coming out in the near future.

From GT3:

CS.jpg

I remember a bunch of drivers licence tests with a white RUF RGT at it.. Just AWESOME!!

From GT3:

CS.jpg

I always tested my cars out there, because I felt it was the only track that could provide every possible issue I see on any other track. So setting up a car there and conquering was key to winning on all other tracks for me. I really miss it for that very reason.

But I've never ever even seen Complex String beeing mentioned..

I've seen quite a few people posting about how they miss Complex String in numerous threads over the past few months.

If I'm honest, I wouldn't put that track near the top of my wish list as I would prefer to see El Cap or Seattle make a return. I don't particularly miss Complex String either, even though I did a lot of testing on that track in GT3.

I always tested my cars out there, because I felt it was the only track that could provide every possible issue I see on any other track. So setting up a car there and conquering was key to winning on all other tracks for me. I really miss it for that very reason.

Yes, that's exactly why I miss it as well.. The testing of cars..

I've seen quite a few people posting about how they miss Complex String in numerous threads over the past few months. If I'm honest, I wouldn't put that track near the top of my wish list as I would prefer to see El Cap or Seattle make a return. I don't particularly miss Complex String either, even though I did a lot of testing on that track in GT3.

I guess it's all about what you want from a track. I'd love those tracks you mention before Complex String when it comes to racing. But as far as testing goes, there's nothing like complex string. And since I miss a good test track soo much in GT5, I'd take Complex String over another track.
But it all comes down to personal preferences in the end ofc. 👍

Here's a video by the way for those of you who can't remember it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZN6HNk_Fak

Back