COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

Do you want Complex String test track for GT5?

• Total voters
If he's on the slim one, I can tell you right now (after trying it with my sister's PS3 Slim at least) you can play PS2 games. Got it recently and we tryed a PS2 game and it worked just fine.

I have a slim and can't? I bought gt4 last year thinking I could.

I don't care for the track, there are many other things I would rather the PD team spent time developing than this track. It was cool for what it was, any extra track is welcome but this one would be at the bottom of a very long list.

If he's on the slim one, I can tell you right now (after trying it with my sister's PS3 Slim at least) you can play PS2 games. Got it recently and we tryed a PS2 game and it worked just fine.

Are you sure that was actual ps2 game on a ps2 disc and not a HD remake ?
No slims can play ps2 games on ps2 disc..

I absolutely love this track. This and Seattle and I'd be much happier with the game.

What game? I thought the PS3 Slim was completely non-backwards compatible/backwards non-compatible.

There's more than one way of saying it haha. I'm easily amused.

^ I tried my GT2 on my friends 120GB PS3 Slim and it worked without a hitch! ;)

~> Proud owner of the 60GB Fat PS3. :sly:

You BASTARD!!

I fixed my 60gb PS3 eight times before I had to get the Slim. :ill:

Ohh I oughta.

Complex String, I says I don't know and yes. I don't know, because I'm not sure if it's all that worth PD's time.

Its one way of getting the perfect car setup, I'm sure the tuning guys would love it back, I'm not even one of them and I want it back :(.

the (nearly) 360 degree circles look wonderful. However the 90 degree corner combo looks weird/stupid. They should do something else there.

It would be great to have, testing tunes on it would be the best you can see straight line speed, how your car corners and imagine seasonal events on it and drifting

-> ...

^ :scared:

-> I take care ALL of my Playstations (Fat PS2 & Fat PS3) thats all! ;)

haha I take care of everything I own. I got the 60gb at launch and GT5 is allegedly the PS3 killer. How dare you call your beloved PS's fat! :lol:

It would be great to have, testing tunes on it would be the best you can see straight line speed, how your car corners and imagine seasonal events on it and drifting
It's a shame. Now that GT is reaching the "true" simulation title, we don't have the tracks from the past that were used the most efficiently for testing.

-> ...
haha I take care of everything I own. I got the 60gb at launch and GT5 is allegedly the PS3 killer.
^ Mine freezes once in a while, but now since GT5 got to the point of boring I rarely play the game now. I play GT2 on my PS3 more lately. :boggled:

How dare you call your beloved PS's fat! :lol:
^ I also call them OG (Original Gangsta)! :sly:

It was such an awesome track :) But I miss Midfield Raceway more! My favourite track ever since I started playing GT! (GT3 for me)

It would be a nice edition, but it is not important enough.
The top list of tracks are still:

1. Grindenwald.
2. Tahiti Road (gravel not the dirt track).
3. Red Rock Valley.

As you see. Not even Pikes Peak Hill gets on the top 3 list.

GT2 will work because the slim has PS1 compatibility. What it doesn't have is PS2 compatibility. My Fat 60gb just YLOD'd, repaired it but it is condemned to die soon, so I got a slim. I didn't play the PS2 games anymore at all. Only had it for revisiting Metal Gear and now that it's coming in HD so no need for it anymore.

Now, sticking to the topic, I can remember having a hard time with that track, but hey I was 15, I completed GT3 like 99%, good old times when you actually had time. It would be awesome to have it in the game playing it with a proper wheel and testing cars. Just give us any tracks you want PD, I will gladly buy the packs!

^ I also call them OG (Original Gangsta)! :sly:
GENIUS. I prefer that. The Slims must be the Soldiers, then. I could explain exactly why that is, but it isn't necessary :dopey: Just roll with it.

GT2 will work because the slim has PS1 compatibility. What it doesn't have is PS2 compatibility. My Fat 60gb just YLOD'd, repaired it but it is condemned to die soon, so I got a slim. I didn't play the PS2 games anymore at all. Only had it for revisiting Metal Gear and now that it's coming in HD so no need for it anymore.

Now, sticking to the topic, I can remember having a hard time with that track, but hey I was 15, I completed GT3 like 99%, good old times when you actually had time. It would be awesome to have it in the game playing it with a proper wheel and testing cars. Just give us any tracks you want PD, I will gladly buy the packs!
Wow. I thank the heavens for this post. I didn't know that.

Yeah, baby! YEAH! :cheers:

Complex String MUST come back. And this time, it should not just be limited time trial/free run race. It should become an AI / online / ENDURANCE race!!! In addition, add some time/weather changes, and Complex String becomes a whole new experience to race on!!

It shouldn't be too hard to remake for GT5 either, considering that it is an original track unlike those of World Circuits!

Back