COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

Do you want Complex String test track for GT5?

• Total voters
Since I love hotlapping way more than racing, I would love more than anything to have this track back with a few time trial challenges. I would easily pay up to ten dollars for it to have a desirable background and look nice. Maybe even an endurance race. It would be the ultimate test of skill.

CAM
Since I love hotlapping way more than racing, I would love more than anything to have this track back with a few time trial challenges. I would easily pay up to ten dollars for it to have a desirable background and look nice. Maybe even an endurance race. It would be the ultimate test of skill.

👍

From GT3:

CS.jpg

I remember a bunch of drivers licence tests with a white RUF RGT at it.. Just AWESOME!!

OHHHHHHH now I remember it! At the time (I was 8 or so), I hated it (along with Nurb), because it was challenging and not very fun for me. I just liked driving around without using the brakes.

OHHHHHHH now I remember it! At the time (I was 8 or so), I hated it (along with Nurb), because it was challenging and not very fun for me. I just liked driving around without using the brakes.

:lol: 👍 :cheers:

I'd love to see it return, I'm sure it would be an epic course to drive with GT5's physics.

Actually it's one the most demanded tracks on GTP, even having a legendary status on it. I would definitely want to test drive my cars on it like I still do in GT3.

Actually it's one the most demanded tracks on GTP, even having a legendary status on it. I would definitely want to test drive my cars on it like I still do in GT3.

Really??

Not that I've been searching for it.. But when judging from what I've seen, I can't recall anyone asking for it.. But if that's the case, then it might make it's way to DLC! I sure hope so! 👍 :cheers:

What I miss most was the challenge in the RGT. A good friend (since defected to the dreaded crossbox & forza) spent hours first golding and then shaving time, trading fastest laps through the night. I think it was the times as much as the track, and we never really drove other cars on it. There are other tracks I'd sooner see reindroduced in terms of racing, but 'The String' will always have a special place in my gamers heart.

What I miss most was the challenge in the RGT. A good friend (since defected to the dreaded crossbox & forza) spent hours first golding and then shaving time, trading fastest laps through the night. I think it was the times as much as the track, and we never really drove other cars on it. There are other tracks I'd sooner see reindroduced in terms of racing, but 'The String' will always have a special place in my gamers heart.

Yea, those licence tests and timetrials in the RGT was awesome! 👍

Fantastic piece of test driving track. I miss GT3 so much, a shame i cant play it on a PS3 :(

F688s.jpg

+

CS.jpg

=

<3

Last edited:
Denilson
Really??

Not that I've been searching for it.. But when judging from what I've seen, I can't recall anyone asking for it.. But if that's the case, then it might make it's way to DLC! I sure hope so! 👍 :cheers:

That track was just ridiculous, in a good way, and I'd pay good money to race it with my trusty stealth 787B!

The test course & complex course for next DLC = win!!

Ahhhh the good old days, how I miss them!

To me, Complex String was basically like using a course creator and thinking "what can I possibly put on this course to make it insane, nonsensical and ball-busting?" Well, they certainly succeeded and it was more fun than it probably should have been. I would love to see it brought back along with all the PD created tracks. I'll forgive them if they can't bring back tracks like Motegi because of licensing but the PD created tracks are a must.

I still think that when they were drawing track designs for GT3 one of the designers messed up his drawing and scribbled all over the paper before throwing it over his shoulder, and it accidentally landed on the final design stack... that's the only way you can come up with that many corners in one track. Don't get me wrong though, I love this track and would love to see it in GT5

your not the only one! i've always thought of doing it in x1 but when i got gt5 i found out there was no complex string. i thought it would come back... :(

I don't even know what the track is, don't know, don't care.

After looking at the video's, it looks boring. Nah, don't want it.

Last edited:
I would. Fun to drift in, great to test in. Of course I probably wouldn't take anything under 450hp out onto it, part of the fun was attacking the corners as fast as possible, preferably on an FR or MR drivetrain.

Meh....el cap isn't even a fun track, but this , this is a real track that have twist and turns, elevation changes and blind corners, this track has it all. But if this track came to gt5 it would be a breeze for me

I kind of feel sorry for PD. If they did offer this track through DLC then people will moan about how their time should have been spent modelling real life tracks. If they only include real tracks though then people will moan that they do not spend time making previous GT tracks.
Yes, this does apply to all games. Everyone enjoys different stuff, but GT5 seems to be a lot worse. PD are having a hard time pleasing the majority.

Oh, and yes I'd love to see Complex String in GT5. I can very vaguely remember it from GT3. I had a lot of fun through split screen. :) I can't remember if it had any elevation changes but never the less it would make a perfect track to test tunes.
Maybe PD should spend time making a more advanced track creator, though? Just a thought...

Complex String is like a) the cornering version of Test Course and b) the closest GT has to a Nordschleife of its own. I find it very hard and very odd, but the first reason I mentioned is more than enough to bring it back for me.

I'd love this in GT5. Now I'd actually know how to drive it properly though, because in my GT3 days I was about 8? :P Add some scenery, maybe part of it can be through forest trees. (Through the windy/slowly getting quicker bends on the far left side of the circuit) Leave the First chicane section and box turns like GT3. Put some Grandstands on the main straight, etc.

Because Sony quickly discontinued the hardware, and the software emulation looks like it'll never materialise.

If he's on the slim one, I can tell you right now (after trying it with my sister's PS3 Slim at least) you can play PS2 games. Got it recently and we tryed a PS2 game and it worked just fine.

I want at least pikes peak from GT2 and ALL GT3 and GT4 tracks back on GT5. taking that corner right after the tunnel in el capitan at full speed is a blast because of the massive air you get.

Back