COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

Do you want Complex String test track for GT5?

• Total voters
What I'd like is this:

Complex string, possibly renamed to something like 'Gran Turismo Development course', coupled with an onsite 'wind tunnel' and tuning garage. So, you take in your car, develop it with parts, body kits, spoilers, tyres, suspension, drivetrain and engine upgrades etc, then go into the wind tunnel to tune your aero-parts, manage the air under the car etc, and then... onto the 'string' to put it through its paces. But....

The Complex string should be the 'infield', with the test course (the huge Nardo style high speed curcuit from GT4) around the outside to test speed and stability. Then, we should have a 'wet' handling curcuit attached to it aswell, plus an off road rally section... :sly:

You'll be wanting Millbrook proving ground then 👍

Millbrook.jpg

I voted for "I don't care".

I don't like this track but it's good to have it in the game for the people who enjoy driving on it..

What I'd like is this:

Complex string, possibly renamed to something like 'Gran Turismo Development course', coupled with an onsite 'wind tunnel' and tuning garage. So, you take in your car, develop it with parts, body kits, spoilers, tyres, suspension, drivetrain and engine upgrades etc, then go into the wind tunnel to tune your aero-parts, manage the air under the car etc, and then... onto the 'string' to put it through its paces. But....

The Complex string should be the 'infield', with the test course (the huge Nardo style high speed curcuit from GT4) around the outside to test speed and stability. Then, we should have a 'wet' handling curcuit attached to it aswell, plus an off road rally section... :sly:

Yeah I think if this track came back it would be counted as part of the "Driving Park" lot.

I'd like to see it come back, as some have already said; the more, the merrier.

*I want it*

Even though I've never heard or seen such a track, I WANT IT! haha- I think it would make for an interesting endurance race.

I want it to return. I drove it once in GT3, and I was like "OMG this is the most awesome track ever!" So yeah, it'll be nice to have it in GT5.

It was certainly a good test for a car, perhaps with gt5's effects the chicane section could be 'watered' like the drift loop an milbrook.

That's a great track. Anyhow, the one I really would want to have is Grindelwald, but there are already several other topics about it. In a nutshell, I voted yes.

I want it to return. I drove it once in GT3, and I was like "OMG this is the most awesome track ever!" So yeah, it'll be nice to have it in GT5.

Heya ummm... do you have a link to a larger version of the picture in your avatar? It looks really awesome :)

On the subject of the thread itself, they have a track similar to Complex String in Forza and I freakin' hate it. Turn 10 managed to milk out 15 or so tracks from it as well and it's just dreadful. No doubt PD could do a better test course but I'm just not a fan of them at all.

Having said that though, ST-2's idea is genius 👍

Everyone keeps saying how its a good test track, but that really isnt true.

When I set up a car it is for a certain track. Suzuka and Fuji need different setups, just like Complex String needs its own setup.

My point: If we cant race on it, then I would rather have a track that we can race on, especially if we only get 20 tracks.

It would be cool to have it back only if we get to race on it this time with a full grid of cars (16 or whatever GT5 will have) as others have said. So I voted "yes".

I like the complex ring but its good setting for tracks with extremely smooth surfaces, if the surface was rougher it would help more all round I think.

As a quick note... I don't know how ANYONE can say that Complex String is boring. What would really ellicit someone to say a track like Complex String is boring? I think if anything, it should be an expansion of the Driving Park in GT. But really... Complex String = BORING?

*I want it*

Even though I've never heard or seen such a track, I WANT IT! haha- I think it would make for an interesting endurance race.

The 24hr endurance! Make it necesary to complete before your alloud online! I love it, come on guys, lets make GT5 a little challenging, we have waited so long for it. I would hate it if GT5 was as easy to finish as GT1 through prologue.

As a quick note... I don't know how ANYONE can say that Complex String is boring. What would really ellicit someone to say a track like Complex String is boring? I think if anything, it should be an expansion of the Driving Park in GT. But really... Complex String = BORING?

Sorry if my opinion offended you :lol: Its just so flat and feels like a track built on a bad map editor. Boring its not the same as easy.

Complex String wouldn't be, as someone said "boring", if there's some spectators around with tents etc. However, Complex String would be more fun (IMO) if there's a track day with 20+ cars around the track doing their thing, but then you'll probably encounter some a$# H&$@ that will smashing your friends car or your car for no reason, not fun. 👎

The 24hr endurance! Make it necesary to complete before your alloud online! I love it, come on guys, lets make GT5 a little challenging, we have waited so long for it. I would hate it if GT5 was as easy to finish as GT1 through prologue.

haha! That would most certainly eliminate a lot of ruthless damage bearing drivers online for awhile. I would love to have it as an endurance race- it would probably be as tiring as Nurburgring on 200 a-spec points.

haha! That would most certainly eliminate a lot of ruthless damage bearing drivers online for awhile. I would love to have it as an endurance race- it would probably be as tiring as Nurburgring on 200 a-spec points.
That would eliminate like 1/2 of the entire online community.:P

However, Complex String would be more fun (IMO) if there's a track day with 20+ cars around the track doing their thing, but then you'll probably encounter some a$# H&$@ that will smashing your friends car or your car for no reason, not fun. 👎

Private lobbies FTW:tup:

I like this track, but I somehow got the impression of a designer who said "let's do a bunch of decreasing radius turns & then we'll do a bunch of 90 degree turns then add some elevation changes."

It's almost like they were trying too hard and tried to throw everything in there. But it's not as seamless as other technical tracks like the Ring.

Forza has a similar track & I have to say that the racing didn't blow me away. I feel that Complex String would be about the same. Both are great test tracks though.

It's almost like they were trying too hard and tried to throw everything in there.
Thats exactly what the track should be.
Its a test course, every kind of corner, long straights, elevation changes and so on.

Latest Posts

Back